Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2013-02-16_at_2.14.33_PM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Makes me want to tell you guys to go to college to get better jobs or work more or something lol.

Or maybe put six figures per year into early retirement/mortgage & just buy Avengers Pro?

I seriously thought it was LE or nothing too but after being spoiled & fortunate enough to play (in great depth) every LE ever made by Stern I do question if those LE games are $6,000 or $7,000 of joy compared to a $2,800 RBION with complete code.

But if money & space were no object I'd get LE's no doubt.

Still tho, LE shouldnt exist.

#154 11 years ago

I think the reason people complain is because a game like TSPP would be $8k today when it was just $3800 a few years back.

Which sucks

But

On a positive note look @ IM. It was a stripped down $3800 game. Today Avengers Pro looks comparable or maybe better depending on opinions & it's at a comparable price to what IM was NIB @ release. So it's all good, well not all good but it's not as bad as all releases being $8k

Eventually folks may tire of the LE pricing & we may see more Pro's being sold than LE's/Premiums. Who knows what the future buyers are going to do?

#159 11 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Not picking on you , but I still don't get why people say this. IM has 2 ramps, 3 spinners, 2 magnets, 1 kicker, motorized monger bash toy, 3 pops and a ton of stationary targets. Maybe the reason IM is such a great game is that they stopped there.

No offense taken man

IM is fun & appealing but to me it's just Avatar with a 2nd ramp. I think Avatar is fun too BTW.

My comment wasn't to shit on IM. It was to compare a $4k Stern offering of then (IM) to now (AVG Pro) & compare the price/BOM. So for some buyers a NIB AVG Pro may be more desirable than a HUO IM. Maybe due to theme, gameplay, toys, price, depth or all the above. It's good we still have that choice was also my point. but... I am not defending the LE shenanigans though.

So I don't know which side of the fence I'm really on then

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ill-never-go-pro?tu=pw79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.