Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2013-02-16_at_2.14.33_PM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttrain.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 11 years ago

I agree with you somewhat. I don't like that Stern does this "LE" thing now. I wish they still just made all machines the same. They could get rid of some of the "Bling" that the LE models have and keep in all of the components that contribute to the game play. They could put the pricing somewhere in between the pro and LE price tag. I don't need a little plaque and powder coated armor. But AC/DC for instance, when you get rid of that lower playfield, I think that takes a lot away from the game. The pro is still great, I just don't like that they get rid of some of the toys that the LE has. A nice common middle ground would be great.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

And should the call it "Premium"? Maybe price it closer to the LE?

I don't think they would need to call it a premium or pro or anything if there was only 1 version. They could just call it AC/DC or XMEN or whatever.

Quoted from DaveH:

And on the original point, I love my Tron "Pro". I played them before I bought it, and only bought after I already loved the game.

Is there any difference in the gameplay between Tron Pro and Tron LE? or is it just the added bling?

Like with LOTR, I like how they had the original version and the LE. I know the LE was released much later, but the fact that the playability of both games is identical is awesome. If you want "Bling" get the LE. If not, don't and you'll still have the same game.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

JJP is doing it right with only cosmetic differences between the Standard and LE.

I agree 100%. The LE should only have cosmetic differences. Don't change the whole game.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from jamespin:

Why do they call it a Pro... Because it's short for professional. I imagine the majority of Stern's business is still the operator. They need a cheaper machine to put on locations to earn a living. This is the Pro model. Enough home collectors have shown they want a machine much than the Pro and willing to pay a premium for extras. Sure, machines of yesteryear were not dumbed down but the business climate was much better for both the maker and op. They could both afford more. Complain all we want but Stern at least gave the home collector a choice instead of just the Pro model that butters their bread.

You make a very valid point here. I may have just changed my opinion

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

So then what you are saying is the LE has to be somewhat stripped down in features to accommodate what can be done for $4500 range pro model. Lame. I can't imagine anyone wanting this.

No I'm not saying that at all. I just it would be cool if there were an option to have the LE features and not have to pay for the bling (RGB LEDs and powder coating). Of course it would have to cost more than a pro. That goes without saying. I like that they did and ACDC Premium. I think it would be neat to have premiums for all new pins...But I don't run Stern!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttrain.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ill-never-go-pro?tu=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.