6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinballwizard79
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen_Shot_2013-02-16_at_2.14.33_PM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I agree...Tron Pro is 99% just as much fun as TRON LE (the 1% is Daft Punk Multiball) but at 1/2 the price. (and I own an LE and I'm admitting the fun of the pro... so it must be true)

I don't fully understand the collector mindset, but I do understand that many are "completists". Still, part of collecting something is having something that is unique and exclusive.

So I wonder if a lot of the complaints and justification for why there should be no LEs and why they cost too much are really based in that LEs are exactly what collectors want as long as they're in the club that can manage them financially.

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

When I look at my metal aprons, sturdy lock down assemblies, real playfield supports on my 2004 LOTR and 2007 TSPP, I feel sorry for the pro buyers...

This is the difference between people who play pinball versus people who collect/tech pinball. None of those things you mentioned (except the apron) affect playability.

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Once a person matures mentally after a point an they should realize the only thing unique and exclusive about these sorts of collectibles is being able to write the cheque to buy them.
    A new Stern LE isn`t all that limited or unique, it just costs a lot. Whoop de doo. Is the game necessarily better than many games out there for a fraction of the price? No.
    But if it gives people the warm fuzzies to be in an exclusive club then they will continue to happily pay to be part of it...
    If you can afford it and buy every LE that comes out, more power to you if you enjoy it. If you are doing it for the thrill of being in some exclusive collector minority, that`s just sad. Every game ever made is part of a limited edition. If you can find a pinball where they made an infinite amount of copies you might need to check in at a mental health clinic.

If you didn't really care, you'd be apathetic. But you do care enough to decide "it's sad". So in turn, the LE does mean something.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 20.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    Lighting - Led
    TheDudeMods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 399.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 79.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside