Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2013-02-16_at_2.14.33_PM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

If you complain about price, you can't afford it. Just like at high end retail stores, if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.

Silliest thing I have heard in a while.

I complain about the gas prices but I can afford it
    I complain about NIB prices but can afford it
    I complain about the price of that 1996 GTS Dodge Viper I want, but I can afford it

What people can afford and what people feel things are costing are 2 completely different things. Not going to say what I make as that is none of anyones business but my wife and the IRS but it's plenty to live well. I can afford a $400K house but I chose to live in one not even half that cost. I can afford a brand new Shelby GT500 but I chose to buy a GT. Life has choices and people will pay what they feel something is worth to them but to say we complain because we can't afford it is just plain silly.

Back to the OP - I'm 180 degrees from you. I'm actually looking at buying pro on forward vs LE/Prem. I'd much rather have 2 games than 1 with more features. My thought that if a pins pro isn't fun or worth it then I just wont own that pin unless I can get an LE for $5500 or less. Paying over $6K for pins now is just not something I'm open to anymore.

#133 11 years ago

Guys (and the few gals that can put up with us), this shouldn't be about collectability. It should be about what is fun to play and what you feel is the best value. Those that are buying as an investment, I hope it works out for you but investing in pinball machines just seems really risky. The influx of new machines and manufactures will do one of two things. It will either bring more interest to pinball and increase the value of a select few games (MM and AFM of their times) or it will over saturate the market and values will sink over the long period. A potential example of this would be IM. About 1.5 years ago these were not desired and were being sold cheap.

As for collectability, rarely does something that is made as a collectable actually become collectable down the road. Maybe early on it is but as they age that collectability decreases. What is truly collectable are the things that were never intended to be collectable as people don't buy them and keep them nice thus the availability diminishes greatly on them as they age. Look at MM for example. They could barely give them away when new.

I for one will buy what I feel is the best value. I want a Tron and will only consider a Pro as taking the jump to the LE doesn't give me the extra value in my eyes. I also want an Avengers and will probally go Pro as the extra's of the LE don't give me the extra value either. AC/DC is a toss-up right now for me. I'm leaning towards Pro but may go LE if the code get's updated and adds more to the lower playfield. I just don't care that much about the extra lighting, toys, appearance upgrade and small difference in code. I think that is because I like to control a lot of the lighting and looks myself. Again this is just me and other may think I'm crazy and should go LE all the way but that is what makes America great. We have choices and don't have to follow what others do if we don't want to.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ill-never-go-pro?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.