6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinballwizard79
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen_Shot_2013-02-16_at_2.14.33_PM.png

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

I think the real issue is the ridiculous sense of being second best if you own a Pro instead of a Premium.

The real issue is that only 300-500 people get the "complete" version. There's more demand for these games than that number. Tron LEs simply have more in them from a gameplay standpoint, and that kinda sucks.

#152 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

The real issue is that only 300-500 people get the "complete" version. There's more demand for these games than that number. Tron LEs simply have more in them from a gameplay standpoint, and that kinda sucks.

Yeah that's why I mentioned that Premiums available on all pins would solve that.
    Seriously though, if someone pays more, they should get more.
    This isn't a conversation about the quality of education for the rich vs poor, it's pinball!

And for the record, Tron Pro is friggin awesome!

#153 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Tron LEs simply have more in them from a gameplay standpoint, and that kinda sucks.

There is hardly any difference between Tron Pro and LE in game play.
    It is almost all bling differences. There is a good argument that standups are better than drops on this game but the le has on extra Multi ball.

#154 6 years ago

I think the reason people complain is because a game like TSPP would be $8k today when it was just $3800 a few years back.

Which sucks

But

On a positive note look @ IM. It was a stripped down $3800 game. Today Avengers Pro looks comparable or maybe better depending on opinions & it's at a comparable price to what IM was NIB @ release. So it's all good, well not all good but it's not as bad as all releases being $8k

Eventually folks may tire of the LE pricing & we may see more Pro's being sold than LE's/Premiums. Who knows what the future buyers are going to do?

#155 6 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

But on a positive note look @ IM. It was a stripped down $3800 game.

Not picking on you , but I still don't get why people say this. IM has 2 ramps, 3 spinners, 2 magnets, 1 kicker, motorized monger bash toy, 3 pops and a ton of stationary targets. Maybe the reason IM is such a great game is that they stopped there.

#156 6 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Not picking on you , but I still don't get why people say this. IM has 2 ramps, 3 spinners, 2 magnets, 1 kicker, motorized monger bash toy, 3 pops and a ton of stationary targets. Maybe the reason IM is such a great game is that they stopped there.

Preach it Brother! Less bling and more sting! Amen?

Dan

#157 6 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

As time went on, people realized IM's gameplay is really great and fun! However if you just look at it, it's relatively static. The toys are off the shelf Hasbro. No scoops, saucers, VUKs...nothing "innovative" or "different" like we had seen on previous Stern games such as FGY (mini-pinball), WOF (wheel, inline drops revealing a ramp, interesting flipper area), BDK (crane bash toy), CSI (unique layout, skull lock). It was also a reworked Austin Powers playfield. The rules are very very simplistic. So, from a development and BOM standpoint, it's "cheap" ...but fun is fun, so if you're having fun, who cares? The "fun theory" eventually made Ironman a desirable game.

#158 6 years ago

I hate the LE fearmongering model.

Stern should make two models - premium and standard. Then they should make as many of those as people want to buy, not limit the good model to ensure sales from collectors too scared not to jump on the bandwagon.

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

No offense taken man

IM is fun & appealing but to me it's just Avatar with a 2nd ramp. I think Avatar is fun too BTW.

My comment wasn't to shit on IM. It was to compare a $4k Stern offering of then (IM) to now (AVG Pro) & compare the price/BOM. So for some buyers a NIB AVG Pro may be more desirable than a HUO IM. Maybe due to theme, gameplay, toys, price, depth or all the above. It's good we still have that choice was also my point. but... I am not defending the LE shenanigans though.

So I don't know which side of the fence I'm really on then

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 24.50
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 15.75
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 57.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    £ 80.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    $ 999.00
    $ 89.99
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 229.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside