6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pinballwizard79
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen_Shot_2013-02-16_at_2.14.33_PM.png

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Show me that thread.
    Saying LEs are a certain market and having sales prove it is not the same as saying that market makes fun of another buyer.
    As a BMW owner I would laugh if a KIA buyer was complaining in the BMW showroom about BMW prices. At the same time I just walked up to a woman on the street who had some new KIA that just looked amazing and told her I was blown away with its styling.

KIAs and Hundais look great. And a great strategy. But the ergonomics and the ride leave something to be desired. Just rented a hot looking KIA on a business trip. Ride isn't so "hot" unfortunately.

And I've seen plenty of the "you can't afford it then posts". Sad but true. And it is annoying.

#102 6 years ago

I saw one after posting that so lesson learned on my part.

#103 6 years ago

Hey Now! I'm not THAT crazy.

Quoted from MrWizzo:

Anytime I agree with Jalpert, the issue has got to be crystal clear.

#104 6 years ago

Agreed ... No Pro ... Go Big or Go Home!

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

It's been quoted and addressed multiple times already, but I still can't believe you actually said that. If you didn't intend for that to be totally condescending, you should clarify. If you did, we'll, I guess you're just a bit of a dick.

He said it to me shortly after I joined Pinside, so I feel inclined to comment. Again, I think it's a lame and arrogant thing to say. What strikes me as interesting, however, is that to my knowledge, Markmon has never participated in one of the "what do you do for a living threads". Point of fact, the only reason I even read through 2 different ones a few months back was to see what he did for a living. I wanted to know what someone who bought 33 pins in 2 years, plus over $100k in mods (powder, LEDs, PDI glass) and felt it necessary to negatively comment on how other people "couldn't" spend their money...did for a living. Still want to know actually.

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

My ACDC makes old games look and feel old. Have to disagree strongly. And I own both. I dont just judge from one side of the fence.

I totally agree. But LEDs ands subs in my sm and csi make them pretty damn badd ass! And I thought I'd never do LEDs in either, because incandescent a looks awesome in both. But they looked too geriatric that way compared to TFLE and AVLE....

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

He said it to me shortly after I joined Pinside, so I feel inclined to comment. Again, I think it's a lame and arrogant thing to say. What strikes me as interesting, however, is that to my knowledge, Markmon has never participated in one of the "what do you do for a living threads". Point of fact, the only reason I even read through 2 different ones a few months back was to see what he did for a living. I wanted to know what someone who bought 33 pins in 2 years, plus over $100k in mods (powder, LEDs, PDI glass) and felt it necessary to negatively comment on how other people "couldn't" spend their money...did for a living. Still want to know actually.

Meth.

#108 6 years ago

And I've seen plenty of the "you can't afford it then posts". Sad but true. And it is annoying.

When I first signed up with Pinside, the first thing I noticed was the civility compared to the trollfest of the other site.

The thing I do notice here is the "my toy is better than your toy" mentality of a few that are fortunate to be able to afford them.

Again, it's only a few, but I guess that's what the good ole "ignore" button is for.

#109 6 years ago

Markmon brings too much positive pinball stuff to the table to ignore him. I personally wouldn't ignore anyone. That's just an advertisement for thin skin and a few other things I won't say lest I offend. Then again, I'd probably only be offending those that have me on ignore...so why care?

#110 6 years ago

Not sure that I have "thin skin and a few other things", but your name calling to my innocuous post kind of proves my point.

Oh... and welcome back from your latest Pinside suspension.

#111 6 years ago

So you can share an opinion but I can't? And "latest" suspension? How many have I had?

After reading your post, yes, thin skin definitely applies, so now you can be sure.

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I do agree though, at least 80% of the time, that replacing incandescents bulbs for LEDs sucks. There is a game I like here and there, Congo and Family Guy come to mind though.
    AC/DC and the color changers are great. I think designing the game with LEDs from the ground up makes all the difference in the world. Lights shows were created in the past with incandescents in mind, along with dimming. I'd take color changing inserts to dimming any day of the week. So much more you can do.

Totally agree on this one. LOTR is a great example. I love LEDs, but it is so hard for me to LED this pin because the fade affects are so epic just for the game.

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

It's been quoted and addressed multiple times already, but I still can't believe you actually said that. If you didn't intend for that to be totally condescending, you should clarify. If you did, we'll, I guess you're just a bit of a dick.

Talking to markmon in person a few times I read it as jokingly. I think it has been taken far too serious. Even if I didn't know him I still read it as jokingly with the addition of an lol at the end. Perhaps just how I personally read things. Anyways, I wouldn't take it too personal since I highly doubt it was meant to be condescending.

#114 6 years ago

I just crack up seeing how some bitch and complain about everything now. I have bought many of the LE models nd will contiinue to. If you want all the features, then spring for it or shut up. Im actually not thrilled that my WOZ will be the same other than cosmetics from the standard. I think that with paying more that we should get something that the others can NOT get.

Im not a fan of someone being able to make their PRO model the same as my LE. I paid more for the LE and should have a higher collectibility than the PRO because of certain features. If you want all the features, strp up and buy the LE.

THere were times that i couldnt even consider a NIB exspecially an LE, although at that time there were no LE models. And there are a few LE's that i dont care for, Im not a fan of the glass on LOTR. The powerball and AMP suit on avatar is about useless. But games like Tron with the DAFT punk, ACDC with the lower playfield and BIB cab artwork. And i think the green on the HULK LE is great. And these are all changes that no one can copy to make their PRO model look like. And by buying the LE, that is things that i look for

#115 6 years ago

For me, it's all about playing.. I own both LE's and Pro's, and I enjoy them all.

Screen_Shot_2013-02-16_at_2.14.33_PM.png

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from vidgameseller:

I just crack up seeing how some bitch and complain about everything now. I have bought many of the LE models nd will contiinue to. If you want all the features, then spring for it or shut up. Im actually not thrilled that my WOZ will be the same other than cosmetics from the standard. I think that with paying more that we should get something that the others can NOT get.
    Im not a fan of someone being able to make their PRO model the same as my LE. I paid more for the LE and should have a higher collectibility than the PRO because of certain features. If you want all the features, strp up and buy the LE.

Congrats: most arrogant post of the month! Has to be a joke, right? Welcome to Pinside!
    We should petition Stern: all LE should be sold for $20k+.
    Pinside should also open a subforum for those donating over $1k! VIP Exclusive Deluxe PInside...

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Pinside should also send open a subforum for those donating over $1k! VIP Exclusive Deluxe PInside...

Ooh, that sounds cool.

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I agree...Tron Pro is 99% just as much fun as TRON LE (the 1% is Daft Punk Multiball) but at 1/2 the price. (and I own an LE and I'm admitting the fun of the pro... so it must be true)

I don't fully understand the collector mindset, but I do understand that many are "completists". Still, part of collecting something is having something that is unique and exclusive.

So I wonder if a lot of the complaints and justification for why there should be no LEs and why they cost too much are really based in that LEs are exactly what collectors want as long as they're in the club that can manage them financially.

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

When I look at my metal aprons, sturdy lock down assemblies, real playfield supports on my 2004 LOTR and 2007 TSPP, I feel sorry for the pro buyers...

This is the difference between people who play pinball versus people who collect/tech pinball. None of those things you mentioned (except the apron) affect playability.

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Still, part of collecting something is having something that is unique and exclusive.

Once a person matures mentally after a point an they should realize the only thing unique and exclusive about these sorts of collectibles is being able to write the cheque to buy them.

A new Stern LE isn`t all that limited or unique, it just costs a lot. Whoop de doo. Is the game necessarily better than many games out there for a fraction of the price? No.

But if it gives people the warm fuzzies to be in an exclusive club then they will continue to happily pay to be part of it...

If you can afford it and buy every LE that comes out, more power to you if you enjoy it. If you are doing it for the thrill of being in some exclusive collector minority, that`s just sad. Every game ever made is part of a limited edition. If you can find a pinball where they made an infinite amount of copies you might need to check in at a mental health clinic.

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Once a person matures mentally after a point an they should realize the only thing unique and exclusive about these sorts of collectibles is being able to write the cheque to buy them.
    A new Stern LE isn`t all that limited or unique, it just costs a lot. Whoop de doo. Is the game necessarily better than many games out there for a fraction of the price? No.
    But if it gives people the warm fuzzies to be in an exclusive club then they will continue to happily pay to be part of it...
    If you can afford it and buy every LE that comes out, more power to you if you enjoy it. If you are doing it for the thrill of being in some exclusive collector minority, that`s just sad. Every game ever made is part of a limited edition. If you can find a pinball where they made an infinite amount of copies you might need to check in at a mental health clinic.

If you didn't really care, you'd be apathetic. But you do care enough to decide "it's sad". So in turn, the LE does mean something.

#122 6 years ago

THere were times that i couldnt even consider a NIB exspecially an LE, although at that time there were no LE models.

Please tell me 'exspecially' is a joke

#123 6 years ago

...Im actually not thrilled that my WOZ will be the same other than cosmetics from the standard...

But really, why ?? I put my money down on a WOZECLE and I am thrilled that game play will be identical for any type WOZ.

...Im not a fan of someone being able to make their PRO model the same as my LE. I paid more for the LE and should have a higher collectibility than the PRO because of certain features.

Define collectibility?

For me, my 'collection' is meant to be played. I keep my games clean inside and out, and in perfect running condition. I'm just happy that I can pretty much buy and play a game, and sell it for the same money if I want a change later on. To make something extra on the sale is just gravy. If you are in it for making money on the resale, they are better places to invest than pinball.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Talking to markmon in person a few times I read it as jokingly. I think it has been taken far too serious. Even if I didn't know him I still read it as jokingly with the addition of an lol at the end. Perhaps just how I personally read things. Anyways, I wouldn't take it too personal since I highly doubt it was meant to be condescending.

First off I am throwing a fire blanket over top of markmon here (flame suit on).
    Guys and Gals please do not take that comment the wrong way. I met him last spring for the first time. Since he has been nothing but friendly and helpful. He even hooked up my hyperpin for me with fx2 and software and menus for what I would have paid just for the windows 8 upgrade itself
    (this just seemed like a long time friend or personal hook up kind of deal IMO). We spent 6 hours and he told me about the new software and said no problem just bring it by my house and Ill hook you up with the newest stuff its really fun I think. He has nice stuff but do not think for a second that he is a snob in any sense of the term. He is very nice and very generous and sharing from my years exp with him. Very to the point kinda guy but he does not sound brazin in person like in some of the posts.

As for the LE deal I totally agree. If I cannot have all the features and bling I just simply will not own it. Not stern bashing but if I ever buy a future game from them it would be LE and nothing else..... lie seriously contemplating pulling the trigger on a new Tron but that is different. For the record I am not rich by any means just been saving over the past 8 years or so and this is my largest hobby and past time at the moment.

associates of electrical engineering I could go back to school and buy every machine and work my ars to the ground but I like time off and time with my family as much if not more than any physical item you could set in front of me. We are all lucky to be alive rich or poor keep in mind how limited our time really is and be thankful your happy healthy and have enough money to by any "luxury" let alone a pinball machine. I was grateful as could be to own a flash gordon 8 years ago and it was the only non arcade I had and was beat to living hell but played... Life just comes in phases and yes some do get locked in but be happy. Such anger and hostility at times lately from a ton of people on here and I just simply do not understand it you are fortunate and blessed religious or not. Be grateful for everything including your loved ones.

Have a wonderful day and if you have the time enjoy some pinball =)

Man that was long winded and a little life lesson"y" not really meant to be just be happy guys/gals that is all im trying to say and don't jump to conclusions about people you have not met they might just come across different then they mean to or then they do in person.

#125 6 years ago

Pros before hos
    or is that bros before hos-I forget

#126 6 years ago

Baloney. I form my impressions based on how folks treat others on these forums. I will meet few of them in my lifetime. If they don't want to be misunderstood, they need to be as kind on Pinside as they are in person.

Post edited by txstargazer3 : Typo

#127 6 years ago

I like markmon, it's just that the statement was out of line. I hope it was just a poorly received joke.

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Baloney. I form my impressions based on how folks treat others on these forums. I will meet few of them in my lifetime. If they don't want to be misunderstood, they need to be as kind on Pinside as they are in person.
    Post edited by txstargazer3 : Typo

Yes, and you can't sense sarcasm with typing that well, if at all So, to form a complete opinion of someone based on their posts seems a bit shallow and without as much facts as could be.

anyways, to each their own

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Yes, and you can't sense sarcasm with typing that well, if at all So, to form a complete opinion of someone based on their posts seems a bit shallow and without as much facts as could be.
    anyways, to each their own

I can only work with what I'm given.

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

I can only work with what I'm given.

Totally understandable! As long as you recognize humor and sarcasm doesn't convey as well as we all would like over the internet. Personally I only become non-fans of people when they PM me highly negative things and go out of their way to do so or consistently post negative/troll comments.

#131 6 years ago

No axes to grind here. Actually I think most folks take all this too seriously. It's pinball; it's supposed to be fun!

#132 6 years ago

You take an AC/DC LE, remove all the shit off it that doesn't impact the gameplay, and the people who want powder coating, and custom backglasses can just customize it as they see fit.

#133 6 years ago

Guys (and the few gals that can put up with us), this shouldn't be about collectability. It should be about what is fun to play and what you feel is the best value. Those that are buying as an investment, I hope it works out for you but investing in pinball machines just seems really risky. The influx of new machines and manufactures will do one of two things. It will either bring more interest to pinball and increase the value of a select few games (MM and AFM of their times) or it will over saturate the market and values will sink over the long period. A potential example of this would be IM. About 1.5 years ago these were not desired and were being sold cheap.

As for collectability, rarely does something that is made as a collectable actually become collectable down the road. Maybe early on it is but as they age that collectability decreases. What is truly collectable are the things that were never intended to be collectable as people don't buy them and keep them nice thus the availability diminishes greatly on them as they age. Look at MM for example. They could barely give them away when new.

I for one will buy what I feel is the best value. I want a Tron and will only consider a Pro as taking the jump to the LE doesn't give me the extra value in my eyes. I also want an Avengers and will probally go Pro as the extra's of the LE don't give me the extra value either. AC/DC is a toss-up right now for me. I'm leaning towards Pro but may go LE if the code get's updated and adds more to the lower playfield. I just don't care that much about the extra lighting, toys, appearance upgrade and small difference in code. I think that is because I like to control a lot of the lighting and looks myself. Again this is just me and other may think I'm crazy and should go LE all the way but that is what makes America great. We have choices and don't have to follow what others do if we don't want to.

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Dan,
    It's pleasure to read your thoughts. Unbiased clear points. You are An asset to our community.

Thanks, but remember, the beginning of being an asset is being an ass- first and learning to know the difference. Thanks for letting me know I am starting to make "-et".

Dan

#135 6 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

I think the OP feels the LE's should just have cosmetic differences, not more features. SM is not lame compared to BSM and WOZ is not lame compared to WOZ LE, so it can be done by both parties.

WoZ is $6500 vs $7500. The OP is asking for $6500 full featured pins? If so, I agree.

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

If we were all in a room I dare you to say that to our faces.
    It would be a rich (presumably white) guy telling a buch of other well off mostly white guys to go back to college (for a second or third or more degree...) so they could get even better jobs.
    Or just work more, because trading time alive with your family or pursuing non-monetary things you enjoy for more $$$ will totally be worth it when you are sitting there on your death bed (reality check: that will be in the next 30-40 years for many if not most of us...).
    The "what is your family income thread" was pretty indicative of who is in the pinball hobby. Yes, there are some lower middle class people, but the income was skewed pretty highly into a well above median income range).

Come on. I put "lol" at the end of this and started it with "Makes me want to". It was obviously not to be taken seriously. I wouldn't want to be in a room with a bunch if stuff shirts that wanted to start fighting over a silly comment like this.

#136 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Thanks, but remember, the beginning of being an asset is being an ass- first and learning to know the difference. Thanks for letting me know I am starting to make "-et".
    Dan

Apt point, in our relationship you started out as an ass, became an asset, and then friend. And same here I know! Kinda cool when it works out like that.

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

WoZ is $6500 vs $7500. The OP is asking for $6500 full featured pins? If so, I agree.

Come on. I put "lol" at the end of this and started it with "Makes me want to". It was obviously not to be taken seriously. I wouldn't want to be in a room with a bunch if stuff shirts that wanted to start fighting over a silly comment like this.

OMG, did someone on Pinside misinterpret something and over react? Shocking.

Kidding aside though MM (or BB if you prefer) you've made these comments before. Pointedly, sans smiley face or LOL. So stop beng a stuffed shirt and own up to some of your intrinsic prejudices. If you're really starting to rethink them, great. I'll be the first person to congratulate you for changing your mind about something you found hard to accept after being called out for it on Pinside.

#138 6 years ago

Apt point, in our relationship you started out as an ass, became an asset, and then friend. And same here I know! Kinda cool when it works out like that.

That's only because anyone who disagrees with you is an ass in your book! I don't care if someone disagrees with me, it is how they do so.

We worked it out, but probably still disagree on most things.

Kidding aside though MM (or BB if you prefer) you've made these comments before. Pointedly, sans smiley face or LOL. So stop beng a stuffed shirt and own up to some of your intrinsic prejudices. If you're really starting to rethink them, great. I'll be the first person to congratulate you for changing your mind about something you found hard to accept after being called out for it on Pinside.

Mark:

Whether it is my place or not, I have tried to remark on the condescending and partonizing comments that you can direct at people. I believe that you have a track record of this, and it is impossible to read something along those lines without interpreting it based on history. The "lol" to me meant just addition ridicule at the objects of the comment and not that you were laughing with people.

I just cannot understand how someone of means and intelligence seems to have minimal appreciation for the sensitivity people can have about their income or level of education? I really do not get it. You have so much to offer yet insist on grinding people down at times. I for one do not believe you or anyone else really need to do that. But it is more important that you believe you not need to.

Life is hard enough for people without being reminded of one's inadequacies in terms of looks, intelligence, education or income.

Ask yourself where you are on this scale:

"Young men try to outdo. Middle aged men tried to make do. Older men try to help others to do."

Seriously, with all respect.

Dan

#139 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

That's only because anyone who disagrees with you is an ass in your book! I don't care if someone disagrees with me, it is how they do so.
    We worked it out, but probably still disagree on most things.

Mark:
    Whether it is my place or not, I have tried to remark on the condescending and partonizing comments that you can direct at people. I believe that you have a track record of this, and it is impossible to read something along those lines without interpreting it based on history. The "lol" to me meant just addition ridicule at the objects of the comment and not that you were laughing with people.
    I just cannot understand how someone of means and intelligence seems to have minimal appreciation for the sensitivity people can have about their income or level of education? I really do not get it. You have so much to offer yet insist on grinding people down at times. I for one do not believe you or anyone else really need to do that. But it is more important that you believe you not need to.
    Life is hard enough for people without being reminded of one's inadequacies in terms of looks, intelligence, education or income.
    Ask yourself where you are on this scale:
    "Young men try to outdo. Middle aged men tried to make do. Older men try to help others to do."
    Seriously, with all respect.
    Dan

Is this still a pinball forum?

#140 6 years ago

..what specifically are the differences with the avengers pro and le editions? is $3500 a great price for a like new, perfectly working, avenger pro or could i find one pretty easily for that ? how much more should i expect to pay for an LE? new here, so go easy! seems like there are some very sensitive issues for a pinball forum! lol....

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

How close do the Premiums come to meeting this desire, price-wise?

#142 6 years ago
    Quoted from yoshootme:

..what specifically are the differences with the Avengers pro and le editions? is $3500 a great price for a like new, perfectly working, avenger pro or could i find one pretty easily for that ? how much more should i expect to pay for an LE? new here, so go easy! seems like there are some very sensitive issues for a pinball forum! lol....

Someone's selling a Pro for $3500 already? I'd say that's a great price. A NIB Pro is ~$4500 and a NIB LE is ~$6500

Differences:
    -Ramp piece lifts off (Hulk destroys bridge)
    -Hawkeye Crossramp
    -3 color GI Zones for color changing playfield FX, all LED GI
    -6 Ball vs. 4 Ball
    -Extra controlled gate so Cap shot can go to pops or orbit back to flippers. It only goes to pops on the Pro
    -THOR Drop Targets vs. Standup targets
    -Loki Multiball sign is mounted differently for some reason (blocking view the Nick Fury target)
    -All LED inserts
    -Real Mirrored Backglass vs. Translite
    -Green DMD (Hulk LE only)
    -Unique cab art to each LE
    -Numbered plaque attached
    -Custom colored metal trim
    -Metal apron w/ backlit art
    -Old style service rails & lockbar vs. pegs 'n latch
    -Shaker installed at factory.

I think that's everything...mighta missed something

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

-6 Ball vs. 4 Ball

Technicality, but didn't the 6ball get removed in latest code update?

Also, $3,500 for NIB quality avengers is sollllid!

#144 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Technicality, but didn't the 6ball get removed in latest code update?
    Also, $3,500 for NIB quality Avengers is sollllid!

I dunno, I don't own it lol...but you can still put 6 balls in the trough in the LE vs. 4 in the Pro, right? Maybe they're saving the big 6-ball Multi for a Wizard Mode like Tommy does?

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

It really wasn't meant to be condescending. It was a jab (half joking) though mainly because I'm tired of all these price complaint threads. We had like 6-7 new ones this week. It gets annoying. I am definitely not saying "haha, I can get new pins and you can't". It's more like "yea, we know the prices are high, it's been discussed for months now, lets move on".

And this isn't directed at you, but to everyone. In every expensive hobby, there are things that not everyone can afford. Or if you can afford it, maybe you just don't want to spend that much. Fine I totally understand. But then let's all stop complaining about it. Or at least talk about it way less maybe

Generally, complaining about things like you are a victim sucks. Example. Bought a new pin and it broke? Rather than complain how stern QC sucks and you paid $7000, how about describe the problem and let's all work together to solve it so you can play your new game. But lots of folks don't want to hear this but would rather sit with their new game down for weeks because "stern should fix it". Ok stern should and will. But they don't care if you play your new game now or next month.

Well I don't list these crazy amounts I've spent to brag. It's more to show how crazy addicted I am lol. There's no point in bragging. There are tons of people here with more money than me, more pins, more space, etc. Anyways, I'm really not trying to rub anyone's faces in anything.

I will say this. I spent the first 12 years out of high school working as a manager of a McDonalds barely making $18000 a year. Very long hours, lots of stress, not even enough money to pay rent on a cheap mobile home. I managed to get myself out if that rut, went to college (paid myself) and am pretty happy now. Everyone can improve their lives if they really want to.

#146 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I dunno, I don't own it lol...but you can still put 6 balls in the trough in the LE vs. 4 in the Pro, right? Maybe they're saving the big 6-ball Multi for a Wizard Mode like Tommy does?

You can add-a-ball up to 5. And you can get all 6 if you say just beat a duel and went into the mb with 2 balls. Plus there are times the game gets confused and your 4 ball mb has 5 or 6 balls. Not sure when exactly yet but it seems of you drain some while ball saver is running and a ball or two are locked it releases too many. Anyway, those are the ways I've seen 6 balls so far.

#147 6 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Generally, complaining about things like you are a victim sucks. Example. Bought a new pin and it broke? Rather than complain how stern QC sucks and you paid $7000, how about describe the problem and let's all work together to solve it so you can play your new game. But lots of folks don't want to hear this but would rather sit with their new game down for weeks because "stern should fix it". Ok stern should and will. But they don't care if you play your new game now or next month.

Mark:

You are more than 100% percent correct on this. I couldn't agree more. The whole "I wish..."
    mentality is victimizing. If you can change something, change it. If you can't, be content.

I remember when the LOTRs came out in 2003 with the flipper coils that weakened from heat. Everyone complained. I hooked up cooling fans under each flipper coils and never had to look back.

The asininity of the solution is in proportion to the asininity of the complaint if I am understanding correctly.

Dan

#148 6 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

It really wasn't meant to be condescending. It was a jab (half joking) though mainly because I'm tired of all these price complaint threads. We had like 6-7 new ones this week. It gets annoying. I am definitely not saying "haha, I can get new pins and you can't". It's more like "yea, we know the prices are high, it's been discussed for months now, lets move on".

I get it. I kind of figured that's what it must have been, but you never know around here at times.

#149 6 years ago

So far I have been unimpressed with the pros. I played ACDC pro and wrote the game off, never wanted to play it again, until I played a Premium. Don't know why, maybe just flowed better for me, dazzled me more, well anyhow it made me buy one. The closest I came to buying a Pro was maybe Tron. The problem there, I know the whole time I would really want to be playing an LE, and no I didn't want to mess around with putting in an inferior version of the EL wire. getting a Tron LE was just not feasible because I was late to the party and that machine skyrocketed.

I'm also in a position where I can only have 3 machines, basically cause I'm in a condo and can only take up so much room. So I'm not going to waste my time with Pro models (for now). It also helps keep my bank account in check.

#150 6 years ago

No offence, but I think most of you guys are nuts!
    Why don't people see the Pro/Premium/LE builds as different options available to choose from?

Many posts on here complaining about pins from yesteryear at $3800 or so vs Stern LE prices today.
    If a NIB pro is currently what, $4500?, then it's not a huge price difference in my opinion.

Stern HAS to make basic models for operators but since I only have room for 1 pin at a time, I don't mind paying another $2000 for one that's pimped out a little more.
    It's fantastic to have the choice. The only thing I don't like, is like Tron when the gameplay is best on the LE version and they don't make Premiums available.

With very limited room at my place, I'd be fine with a Premium++ model for closer to $9000 or $10,000 if it had more toys. I'd still have less invested in my pin collection that most of you I'll bet.

I think the real issue is the ridiculous sense of being second best if you own a Pro instead of a Premium. Even if my AC/DC were the Pro version, I'd love pinball all the same and still spend too much time playing it!

By the way, if you dislike what's happened to pins over the years, I dare you to go look at chocolate bars!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 129.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinbotz
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 117.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 149.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    $ 30.00
    $ 89.99
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 27.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside