Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Vicpin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi, I have rebuilt my IJTPA from the ground up successfully, apart from one stubborn issue. The left side flasher and the associated Back Box flasher (Sol 37) both stay on. I did the following to fix the issue:
Re-seated J4 - no dice. The flashers go off if J4 is pulled.
Pulled the 8 Driver PCB and changed the TIP102 Q16.
This did fixed the issue and the flashers worked great... but after a couple of games the flashers came back on steady...
I suspect that the new TIP102 Q16 failed again, but as I do not have a schematic of the board to see the chaine of elements behind the TIP102 transistor, I do not know what could cause it to fail.
The game has no other errors.
If you have a schematic of this board or if you could provide any guidance or suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.

#2 4 years ago

If you have a problem with continuity through board or across board to the transistor legs, that could pop your transistor.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

Download the manual @ https://www.ipdb.org/files/1267/Williams_1993_Indiana_Jones_The_Pinball_Adventure_English_Manual.pdf and navigate to page 3-23 (page 139 of 152). There you will find the schematic to the 8-Driver board.

#4 4 years ago

Thanks, LTG. Pardon my ignorance but I do not get what you mean in your reply post.

#5 4 years ago

DumbAss, thanks a lot. That is what I was looking for. For some reason my manual was missing these... that will help me. I suspect D16 is leaking up voltage to Q16... maybe that explains why it did not blow immediatly. I will pull the board out tonight, replace Q16 and D16 and give it a try. Any other suggestions?

#6 4 years ago

After replacing the D16 and Q16, the flashers are working well. I have not done a long term test for the repair so we will see if that hold but for now, all is well.
Thanks for the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 1,419.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

14,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ijtpa-flasher-locked-on and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.