image-985.jpg
image-148.jpg
DSC00879.JPG
DSC00862.JPG
DSC00869.JPG
DSC00864.JPG
DSC00866.JPG
DSC00868.JPG
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I see a lot of owner clubs on here and I know this one will not get many members but I just had to. I love my IJ4, I feel it's much better than the Williams version and is simply a thing of beauty to behold, fast with great film clips, sound, lighting and multiball action. Greatness

#2 10 years ago

Don't have one, but I do want one.

#3 10 years ago

plus one from me too

#4 10 years ago

Everyone bags on this game. I have one and I am not saying it is never leaving but pretty close. Reason is guests love it for its simplicity and the Ark is a huge hit with everyone. Plus it is the first NIB I ever purchased. Just got my Cairo Swordsman working properly after years not knowing the opto was bad.

#5 10 years ago

Add me too Just picked mine up and loving it,

I think it has some of the best DMD animations I've ever seen on a pinball, Very clear and fantastic clips from the movies,

and the sound clips are incredible quality too,
In all a very fun pin and I'm loving it! I can't understand why people are so harsh on it, Its a fantastic pinball machine,
I'm wondering if its just bandwagoner's and not actual people who have played it,

At the end of the day not every pin is going to please everyone but personally I love this pin and theme and mines not going anywhere

#6 10 years ago

I have been in this club twice before. As much as I wish this game had one more toy or one more ramp its not a bad game. Looks incredible in LEDs.

#7 10 years ago

pretty bad the owners club has 6 posts Thought it had a better following

#8 10 years ago

How many of these machines were actually made?

I thought I read somewhere around 400? Is this true?

#9 10 years ago

Stern never releases numbers but I think you are right prob less then 500.

#10 10 years ago

I'm part of the club!

1 week later
#11 9 years ago

I love this machine ... and it was really expensive ..

#12 9 years ago

I played it on location at the garden city beach pier. Its right on the ocean and the salty air is nit good for a pin. It was beat up and rusty, but still loads of fun. Ill never forget my first gazillion ball multiball!

#13 9 years ago

Count me in.

The game is a hit with visitors, and I really dig it...

Pete

#14 9 years ago

I'm in. Anybody done any mods to their IJ4?

#15 9 years ago

I really enjoy mine. When I have people over, it get the most play out of all my pins

#16 9 years ago

Count me in .Its the first game my guests play, they walk straight pass the cookie cutters and head for GI or IJ4 .

#17 9 years ago

If anyone decides to leave this exclusive club and are on east coast shoot me a message.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I see a lot of owner clubs on here and I know this one will not get many members but I just had to. I love my IJ4, I feel it's much better than the Williams version and is simply a thing of beauty to behold, fast with great film clips, sound, lighting and multiball action. Greatness

I also like the Stern version much more than the Williams version. If anyone ever might want to sell one for a reasonable price in the Chicago area, please ping me (email direct please).

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
[email protected]

#19 9 years ago

Mine came with some target mods,
They actually look really good installed,

Heres a link ebay.com link: itm

Other than the CT LED's throughout the game mine lays unmodded, Would love to see mods people have thought of,

I would like to plate the Ark in chrome gold like what Mike Chestnut does, I'm not sure he can plate plastic?

But I was thinking of getting his gold rails and legs for this game,
I really love it, Its been my go to game since I bought it and my other pins are not getting any action lol,
Can't see how this isn't a more liked game,

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Heres a link ebay.com link
Other than the CT LED's throughout the game mine lays unmodded, Would love to see mods people have thought of,
I would like to plate the Ark in chrome gold like what Mike Chestnut does, I'm not sure he can plate plastic?
I really love it, Its been my go to game since I bought it and my other pins are not getting any action lol,

I saw those I plan on ordering them, I sent you an email I would like to see your indy if you put leds in the GI here's mine. Leds only in the inserts, this game seems to be better with incandescent in the GI but I'm thinking about trying out leds.

DSC00864.JPGDSC00864.JPG DSC00866.JPGDSC00866.JPG DSC00868.JPGDSC00868.JPG DSC00869.JPGDSC00869.JPG
#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Heres a link ebay.com link

Jamie

Did you top all my high scores yet? Please don't erase Sadie and Grady. Those are my 2 dogs and they would be very upset. Glad to hear your enjoying the game!

#22 9 years ago

Heres my alternate translite.

DSC00862.JPGDSC00862.JPG

DSC00879.JPGDSC00879.JPG
#23 9 years ago

Thats a really cool translite!

#24 9 years ago

I did two mods for this game:
I replaced the 2 pcb flash boards from the ark with 906 bulb. Since one board costs 90 bucks and isnt being produced anymore, I want to save these boards
I installed 2 leds inside the crystal skull. One is multicolor and is connected on Gi. It stays lit all the time , changing the color. The other is a red led that is connect on EB. So the skull flashes with a red glow when the Eb is lit.

i will record some videos and put in another topic...

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from fabiofpc:

I did two mods for this game:
I replaced the 2 pcb flash boards from the ark with 906 bulb. Since one board costs 90 bucks and isnt being produced anymore, I want to save these boards
I installed 2 leds inside the crystal skull. One is multicolor and is connected on Gi. It stays lit all the time , changing the color. The other is a red led that is connect on EB. So the skull flashes with a red glow when the Eb is lit.
i will record some videos and put in another topic...

That's sounds very cool

#26 9 years ago

By the way, Rock914 did an undercab kit for this game...that's the only mod I've got on it.

Turned out awesome, too. The light show when the ark opens up is sweeeeet. I need to see if he has a video of it somewhere. (And if he doesn't, I need to make one).

Pete

#27 9 years ago

I am looking for a cool topper. This is the only game I do not have a topper for. It would be awesome to find the slot machine topper that I have seen some people use for it.

#28 9 years ago

I think pinheadpuckguy makes a pretty cool IJ topper. If I remember right.

#29 9 years ago

Here are his pics from facebook (Creative Acrylic MN on facebook).
image-148.jpgimage-148.jpg
image-985.jpgimage-985.jpg

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

I think it has some of the best DMD animations I've ever seen on a pinball, Very clear and fantastic clips from the movies

hmmm, very clear? Well, about as clear as SM. LOL!

#31 9 years ago

I actually haven't played Spiderman, So I can't compare it to that,
But the video clips really are good on this machine, very impressive for a DMD

#32 9 years ago

I wish there was someway the tech guys could improve or tweak the code. Add a little more variety to shots.

#33 9 years ago

Yes I agree, the layout is fine and the game plays fast but some minor tweaks to the code would be great.

#34 9 years ago

I just traded my old Williams IJ that I had for 14+ years and got a nice Stern IJ4..... I think it was more to ease the pain of getting rid of my first pinball machine I've been enjoying the gameplay as its much different than the other.

Only issue is my swordsman doesn't stay out...he comes out then immediately goes back in...my guess is a switch problem so the motor is not stopping

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I just traded my old Williams IJ that I had for 14+ years and got a nice Stern IJ4..... I think it was more to ease the pain of getting rid of my first pinball machine I've been enjoying the gameplay as its much different than the other.
Only issue is my swordsman doesn't stay out...he comes out then immediately goes back in...my guess is a switch problem so the motor is not stopping

That whole issue was discussed recently on here. I think it was within the last few weeks.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

it is a part called the opto interrupter stern part # 520 -5251 I had the same problem and this part fixed it

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Jamie
Did you top all my high scores yet? Please don't erase Sadie and Grady. Those are my 2 dogs and they would be very upset. Glad to hear your enjoying the game!

Lol yes I did

No idea how I did it but the next morning I got the highest score and haven't been able to get a better one yet,
Finally today I knocked your #2 off, So I think there is 1 more that's still yours lol,
Gotta work real hard now to get your name up on this machine lol

Absolutely loving it

Had a few issues with a few bulbs, Anyone know if Coin Takers LED's have any warranty? Only 3 or 4 have had issues, Not gonna penny pinch, its not that, Its just I didn't have the same bulbs in my pinball supplies box, I just used generic LED's and the color matched CT ones looked better (when they worked lol)

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from luch:

it is a part called the opto interrupter stern part # 520 -5251 I had the same problem and this part fixed it

Awesome...... I'll look into that!

#39 9 years ago

Love the IJ4 too. For me it's really one of the most beautiful pins ever build.
Awesome sounds, gameplay with magnet and I don't know a pin with more multiballs.
Only the 4th. movie could be more integrated.
I don't understand why there aren't more fans for the Stern IJ but maybe the usual prejudice or experiances with
a bad and quiet operators machine.
Who knows the real production run of this game? Really only around 500?

1 month later
#40 9 years ago

I was just messing with the pinball browser and holy crap there are a TON of custom recorded VO lines in this game that aren't used. It seems like the rules were going to be much different at one point.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I was just messing with the pinball browser and holy crap there are a TON of custom recorded VO lines in this game that aren't used. It seems like the rules were going to be much different at one point.

Interesting... Such as???

#42 9 years ago

It was a lot of callouts by the voice actors meant to impersonate Sean Connery and Harrison ford. Stuff directing you to hit certain shots, collect the relics from the movies, etc.

1 month later
#43 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

It was a lot of callouts by the voice actors meant to impersonate Sean Connery and Harrison ford. Stuff directing you to hit certain shots, collect the relics from the movies, etc.

Thanks by chance can anyone find any more percific details due to my dad hasn't got the machine as we are baby sitting a stern spiderman and the owner of sm is babysitting our ij4

#44 9 years ago

Ughhh I miss my IJ4,

I'm going to have to buy it back

Whilst I love my WMS IJ the Stern model was a lot of fun,

I would LOVE Stern to do a VE of this game,

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

I would LOVE Stern to do a VE of this game,

As long as they update the code so that it will be a even better game ,and use some of the unused speech

#46 9 years ago

With all these pinsiders redoing code someone needs to update this game. Love mine

1 month later
#47 9 years ago

Snakes,why'd it have to be snakes

I'm bumping this thread

#48 9 years ago

Love my IJ4...

GEDC1334.JPGGEDC1334.JPG

GEDC1308.JPGGEDC1308.JPG

#49 9 years ago

One of my favorite pins!

#50 9 years ago

Really enjoy it. Guests love it. Just LED'd the inserts. Left flashers and GI incandescent.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij4-owners-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.