IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wob76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8768 2 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Hmm, maybe this divot is the issue? How in the Hell would that possibly get there?
Not sure if I knock it out or fill it. I also see somebody 3D printed a ramp wedge that fits inside which may solve this issue permanently
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3657488[quoted image][quoted image]

Just cruising through this thread for something else spotted this post, that's my "thing" so I thought I would supply some feedback. I had a dent where the ball would hit the ramp and it would occasionally get stuck in there and need some nudging to move. I fixed it out with a few taps of the hammer but I wanted to avoid it happening again. An added benefit of the "speed wedge" at the top of the ramp is the balls detects quicker in the subway. I have had mine installed for 2 plus years and very little wear on the ramp so it is holding up very well, I did print it at 100% infill so it is solid.

Cheers,
Wob

#8772 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Awesome, thanks. I have some random subway sticking issues and this looks like a good solution. You should call it the “Chachapoyan Warriors Boulder Speed Ramp”

Haha, Nice, way more inventive than my name I just updated the description. Please post and make or comments on Thingiverse, it has had plenty of views and downloads but I am yet to see someone make it. It's an easy print, mine is in ABS but should be fine down in PLA, I probably wouldn't go PETG as I tried something else in PETG and it failed almost instantly.

I made a lock hole protector that is holding up well, my hole was a little beat up https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3812663, again printed in ABS

Lastly there was a mode hole protector, as I couldn't source a cliffy at the time, this didn't fair so well, it's just too thin and broke after awhile. I tried it in TPU but it just didn't really offer any protection as again too thin, I did get a friend with a SLA printer to do it in a couple of types of resin but I have yet to try them out. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3812654

I modelled all the above from my machine, the subway is a remix\merge of two existing items, just customised for mounting in the subway, the others where modelled from scratch with several iterations to get the fit right, your millage may vary depending on tolerances but they are all quick and easy to print if you have a printer.

Cheers,
Wob

#8777 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Oh nice. I wonder if the mode lock protector will work with The Antidote? I’ve had issues with every type of cliffy I’ve installed there

Durability is the big issue with that spot, the part needs to be thin or it messes with locks, but it's too thin hold up (ABS lasted a month or so, PETG lasted like 2 balls). I really need to test the SLA printed parts to see how they go, but getting to that spot is a pain.

It usually fails round the part it moves down and into the hole, I could modify it to be just flat like the cliffy part, but it wouldn't really protect the wear spots I have on mine.

5 months later
#9369 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Reporting in.
[quoted image]

Nice! You can stick it next to mine at the next pinfest

#9371 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Was that yours?
It was the inspiration for me. Best in show i thought.
The other one i walked away wanting is Suprano's.
Thinking i'll take Sunset Riders next year and probably either Celts or Haggis Fathom Mermaid. We'll see when it gets closer what i'm most proud of.
Deadpool and gunners were a hit last year, so i'll take my best again.

Yeah that was mine, glad you liked it, there is always something to tweak, I have another playfield for mine that I acquired just after I finished putting it all back together, 2nd hand but great condition, Scott (Savage) did his magic on it a couple of years back, mine only has minor imperfections so I'll wait till I really need to before I do the swap.

We had a couple of chats this year but not sure I mentioned which machine was mine.

Sound like good options, would be first plays for many I think.

I had plenty of games on both of your machines, Deadpool was one of my fav's, it's a fun game, gunners I found a little hard to find a strategy on.

#9373 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yeah, gunners is too complicated for my besotted little brain.
It's sitting waiting for Bill to pick it up, swapped it for a Medieval Madness LE.

Nice, I would take a MM any day of the week, great game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 12.95
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
Wanted
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 85.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wob76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=wob76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.