IMG_2559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wallybgood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5414 4 years ago

Cleaned/polished/painted an Indiana Jones A-16317 Subway Metal Trough that I purchased used. Before and after pics. If anyone runs across the A-16231 Popper or metal ramps (not habitrails) let me know.
Wally

100_2743 (resized).JPG100_2743 (resized).JPG100_2744 (resized).JPG100_2744 (resized).JPG100_2769 (resized).JPG100_2769 (resized).JPG100_2774 (resized).JPG100_2774 (resized).JPG
5 months later
#6424 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Wow!
Just perfect. Thanks!
I bought 6 IJ's in 2003 in terrible condition.
I finally unwrapped this one today.
Hopefully will get it booted this weekend. I hope to do a high end restore on it and maybe keep it lol!

Hey Tom
I've been looking for an IJ Rotor Popper (at the idol) for a while now with no luck. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16231
I was wondering if by chance you had an extra that you would be willing to sell. I just need the weldment.
If you don't have an extra would you be willing to lend your original weldment to Mantis Amusements? The last time that I talked with Kerry, he said that he would be willing to reproduce it if he had an original to get measurements. The deal in the past is that Kerry sends you a new reproduction plus your original back for your trouble. You would have to double check this with Kerry, of course.
Thanks
Wally

#6428 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I think Wally is building an IJ from scratch. That particular weldment is very durable ... hence there are very few floating about in the wild.

Yep, I'm planning to build an IJ from parts sometime in the distant future.
Wally

4 months later
#7489 3 years ago

With the help of Bill Webb (local good guy pin dude), was able to get an original Indiana Jones Rotor Lock Ball Popper over to Kerry at Mantis Amusements so that it could be reproduced. The new weldment came out very nice. Williams part # A-16230. New weldment on top in pic.
Thanks, Kerry, for making this rare part.
Wally

https://mantispinball.com/product/indiana-jones-scoop/

100_3999 (resized).JPG100_3999 (resized).JPG

3 months later
#7900 3 years ago
Quoted from A12742:

Hello IJ aficionado's
Do you know the part number for the bottom center ball guide; the number is not shown in the operator's manual (see figure)
Looking through the parts list posted to IPDB, might it be one of these three: 01-11385, 01-11386, 01-11387.
This is the guide that directs the ball into the trough. The part is located under the apron. Imagine my surprise to see the guide pictured a few posts back (thanks #Tlamb for the sniplet). I don't suspect the exact part is used on other pins, but I'll look at the usual suspects: STNG, Dredd...
If you got this guide or any other of the stainless parts, please IM me. Or any other IJ parts to help my complete restoration[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey A12
Williams part # 01-11385. (From Williams Part Catalog downloadable from PPS)
Wally

IJ Ball Guides7 (resized).pngIJ Ball Guides7 (resized).png
11 months later
#9529 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anyone have an extra speaker grill or ideally a set? New or in good used condition? Or a link to somewhere selling them. My google skills are coming up short.

One alternative. https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/indiana-jones/products/indiana-jones-custom-speaker-grills
Wally

6 months later
#9896 1 year ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

In other words, after activating, what resets the diverter to its resting state? Gravity doesn’t do it…. In a flipper or any other mech, a spring does.

Hey DT
I had this same question when looking for IJ parts. The spring that goes over the plunger is not listed in the manual or parts list. I have measured this spring in two different IJ and it has 10 turns of 0.022 inch dia wire. That is really close to my 10-128 springs. So I would go with 10-128.
Wally

1 month later
#9977 1 year ago

Been makin' a few IJ assys for a future project. Haven't built any plastic models since grade school days. Brought back some good memories. Used polycarbonate for the plane standoff and went with orange LEDs for the guns. The polycarbonate is some really tough/strong stuff. Bends easily using a heat gun. Drills nice with the bits designed for plastic.
Wally

100_5258 (resized).JPG100_5258 (resized).JPG100_5268 (resized).JPG100_5268 (resized).JPG100_5271 (resized).JPG100_5271 (resized).JPG
8 months later
#10602 10 months ago

During my IJ project (There's one more Indiana Jones), there were a few errors in the IJ manual that I found while building the wire harnesses.

P. 2-28 Rotor Lock Motor Unit. Wiring for Sw 91 and Sw 92 optos should be reversed.
P. 3-18 10 Sw Opto PCB wiring. J3-3 is incorrectly listed as Green-Blue should be Green-Violet col 7. J3-7 is listed as White-Blue and should be NC. The wires on J4 and J6 should be reversed.
P. 3-22 8 Driver PCB Assy. J5-1 is incorrectly listed as NC should be Violet-White Sw Col 9. J5-4 should be NC.

Wally

img497 (resized).jpgimg497 (resized).jpgimg498 (resized).jpgimg498 (resized).jpgimg500 (resized).jpgimg500 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#10687 8 months ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hello IJ Owners!
It's been a while since I've had any issues with this machine but I'm starting to see some odd behavior from my mini PF. I've never had issues with it in the past, so not sure what is causing them now but here is the brief story. Sometimes the PF will get "stuck" in the right tilted position. The problem is intermittent but will usually will occur on startup of the pin. Sometimes the machine flags it as an issue, sometimes it thinks the PF is working fine as it should. When it gets "stuck" I examine it from above and can't see anything in its way at all but admittedly haven't removed it. I have removed it a bunch of times but not in years...it's easy but not something I want to do if I don't have to. The tilt is perfect, I don't want to screw it up.
In any case, what I do when it gets stuck is just manually shift it back to center and it's fine again. In test mode if I constantly go left and right, SOMETIMES it will get stuck or struggle a bit to rotate back left again.
Any idea what is causing this behavior? I assume it has to be either:
1 - Something under the playfield is coming into contact with a component under the PF causing it stop
2 - Does it need lubrication? I've never lubricated anything on it...
3 - My motor is going bad.
I should point out I have already replaced the PCB (preventatively) a year or so ago so I sure hope it's not the PCB.
Any input would be appreciated! If I can avoid removing it and trying to troubleshoot blind that would be awesome. I imagine SOMEONE has had this happen to them before. Thank you!

Hey O
First thing that I would check is to remove the bridge and make sure that the two allen screws are tight and aligned on the shaft.
Wally

100_5689 (resized).JPG100_5689 (resized).JPG
7 months later
#11516 40 days ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Putting IJ back together and I have no idea where this goes.
Anyone?
[quoted image]

One more photo.
Wally

100_5670 (resized).JPG100_5670 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,419.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wallybgood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=wallybgood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.