IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toine79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7134 3 years ago

Played this game 26 years ago for the first time in an arcade hall at the Belgian coast.
This one and Jurassic Park DE were my 2 all time favourite machines.
I'm glad to enter this club.
Santa is coming from Spain this years with a big surprise.

IMG-20201103-WA0010 (resized).jpgIMG-20201103-WA0010 (resized).jpg
#7143 3 years ago

First question but what is problem with the mode hole?

#7148 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

The way it was originally designed, there is an angled metal plate behind it which is supposed to deflect an incoming ball down into the saucer, and also deflect the ball back towards the player when it is ejected.
Unfortunately, the metal plate has never worked very well for the majority of IJ owners. Typically, many shots directly into the mode hole will bounce right back out, meaning it can be difficult to start a mode, or complete any reward that requires the mode saucer. This is probably the most important shot in the game, and it's always been frustrating.
Since the dawn of time, IJ owners have tried to fix this problem so that the mode hole "sticks" better. From bending the original deflector, to replacing it, to removing it completely, there is a TON of information about what people have tried. Foam, rubber, prayers...you name it.
You may have noticed a lot of talk here lately about ricochet's upcoming deflector replacement called "Lao's Antidote." This is a complete metal replacement for the existing deflector plate, honed through clever engineering and rigorous testing. Once it's out in the wild, may we never have to fuss with the "mode hole problem" ever again.

Thanks for this solid and clear info.

Will buy one for sure if it is available.

Are there other mods available that level up the gameplay of this machine?
I'm no fan of stuffing the playfield with extra toys but will definitly install cliffy protectors, sleeves and this Lao Antidode.

Thanks for your answer.

#7170 3 years ago

Ricochet
Please add me to the list for the deflector. Thank you

1 week later
#7194 3 years ago

In the club since yesterday.
Cabinet is ok.
Playfield is very good except some little black cracks.
Anybodu an idea to fix this? Or is it better to keep it like this?

What about a plastic playfield protector on it? What arr the pros and contra's of such playfield protector?
Thanks

DSC_2857 (resized).JPGDSC_2857 (resized).JPGDSC_2859 (resized).JPGDSC_2859 (resized).JPGIMG-20201112-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20201112-WA0001 (resized).jpg
#7206 3 years ago

What doe DBV means?

DSC_2889 (resized).JPGDSC_2889 (resized).JPG
#7208 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Dollar Bill Validator

Thanks.
Strange about this cabinet is the fact that the SN is a 52017 instead of a 50017 and I see a lot of Udinesa stickers in the cabinet.
When I Google Undinesa it seems they made replicas of Williams cabinets.

Can somebody comfirm this?

#7267 3 years ago

Hello,
Busy with my shop out for IJ.
What are the options for this dirty mylar sheet?
Cleaning or removing?
First time that I work on a WPC title with this dirty mylar on it.
Does it can harm the playfield art under it?

DSC_2979 (resized).JPGDSC_2979 (resized).JPG
#7301 3 years ago

Hello,

I'm looking for those insert decals.
Lost treasure and the clear one.

Only need those 2 not the whole set.
If somebody could help me with this.
Wille pay of course for those 2 decals and shipment to Belgium.

Do not have the tools nor the skills to make them myselfes.

Thanks

DSC_2989 (resized).JPGDSC_2989 (resized).JPG
#7332 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I don't know about the clear one. I think that'd be a pretty stock Williams part, no? It's not game specific, after all. Never seen them sold individually, though. I also note that the pop bumper mylar usually covers this area as well - did they come up when the mylar was removed?
As for the Lost Treasure decal, it just so happens I have a spare. Shame I didn't know about this before I shipped your target decals! PM me if you're interested in the single decal, though.

Thanks but ordered already the whole sheet with decals. Have no experience with this so any tips arr welcome.

I will do it like this: sanding the insert as smooth as possible, shoot 1 clear shot to make inserts shine, stick the decal and shoot again clear to seal the decal.
Sand if necessary to level it with playfield.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks

2 weeks later
#7458 3 years ago

Could somebody want to share his shop out pictures with me?
Took some pictures but seemed not enough.
Thanks

#7464 3 years ago

Maybe a noob question but was the gun assembly original in black color or brushed steel color?

#7466 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

It's a casted part, it is coated but has natural grey metal finish. Same gun handle that is used on Dirty Harry.

On the flyer it seems on the right side a black finish.

1 month later
#7628 3 years ago

Hello,

First time I powered in my IJ after hard cleaning.

Several problems with leds.
My special flasher are always on ans they start smelling burnt.
My idol is always turning around and the idol release coil is always firing.

Still Bussy with installation of path of adventure, ramps but want to solve my light isue before installation of the mini playfield.

Thanks.

DSC_3194 (resized).JPGDSC_3194 (resized).JPGDSC_3196 (resized).JPGDSC_3196 (resized).JPG
#7632 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Sounds like you have some shorted transistors - to start off with disconnect J3 and J4 on the 8 Driver PCB and J130 on the Power Driver PCB, then turn the machine on you shouldn't have any burning smell or things wrong. Turn the machine off and reconnect the connectors, assuming you have a DMM you need to test your transistors Q10 (Idol motor) and Q14 (Special Flashers) on the 8 Driver and Q65/Q66 (Idol release) on the Power Driver PCB. Note that Q66 is a TIP36c while the other transistors are TIP102.
Testing a TIP-102 transistor:
Set the DMM to diode check
Place the black lead on the center leg
Place the red lead on each of the flanking legs in turn
A measurement between .5 and .7 should be displayed
Readings outside of this range (generally dead shorts) indicate the part has failed.
Testing a TIP-36c transistor:
Set the DMM to diode check
Place the red lead on the center leg
Place the black lead on each of the flanking legs in turn
A measurement between .5 and .7 should be displayed
Readings outside of this range (generally dead shorts) indicate the part has failed.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Will try that tomorrow.
Reseated all connectors today and It gives me 3 errors.
Ground short row 4, ground short row 5 and switch idol.

#7639 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

So have the other issues you previous mentioned (Special flashers, idol release coil and idol motor) all disappeared? Or have you disconnected the associated connectors?

Removed the flashers

#7640 3 years ago

Just to be 100% sure because I have not any electronical skills or education.

When I start the machine it gives following report test.

Ground short row 4 and 5.

Problem is situated on cpu board to connector J209-4 and connector J209-5?

How can I test continuity on these wires? From the conector to all those switches on the row?

Dedicated ground is also on the cpu board to connector J205-4 and J205-6?
Those 2 ground wires go to the coindoor? To test continuity it is J205-4 to J1-17 and J205-6 to J1-11 on coindoor board?

Am I correct?

Thanks

#7645 3 years ago

First picture is when starting the machine.
Second picture is pulling out connector J209.
Ground short row 4 and 5 gone.

DSC_3204 (resized).JPGDSC_3204 (resized).JPGDSC_3205 (resized).JPGDSC_3205 (resized).JPGDSC_3206 (resized).JPGDSC_3206 (resized).JPG
#7646 3 years ago

Placed this ribbon cable upside down.
Problem solved.

DSC_3209 (resized).JPGDSC_3209 (resized).JPG
#7657 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

This is most likely why Special flashers were constantly on and the idol motor was running as that ribbon cable connects the CPU board to the 8 Driver PCB which those 2 components run off. While the idol release coil is not on the 8 Driver board it could still be a symptom of the issue.
So has it resolved all your issues?

I still need to install both ramps and POA. Still some errors but are regarding those parts I need to install.

This is my second WPC pinball and for me it is strange that I cannot test my flashers when the coindoor is open.
Flashers are off and work when coindoor is closed. Also that problem is solved.

GI in the back is still out even after swapping the broken fuse.
Placed a new connector J120

#7667 3 years ago

Before and after.
Happy with the result.
Removing the old art is PITA.

DSC_2858 (resized).JPGDSC_2858 (resized).JPGDSC_2859 (resized).JPGDSC_2859 (resized).JPGDSC_3089 (resized).JPGDSC_3089 (resized).JPGDSC_3176 (resized).JPGDSC_3176 (resized).JPG
#7680 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

fantastic!! Are those radcals? I agree that removing old art is a pain. I have a friend who let me use his Festool (big sander vacuum thing ) and it was amazing. I didn’t take it down to wood, but the white decal underneath was plenty smooth for the radcals.

No radcals but normal decals.

#7687 3 years ago

Anybody has cool coindoor inserts for Indiana Jones?

DSC_3230 (resized).JPGDSC_3230 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#7787 3 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

Hey fellow IJ owners, looking for some playfield restoration advice. I am going to do a complete tear down and full restore on my IJ and am trying to decide on either a Mirco repro playfield vs having my original restored. I know there are different opinion regarding Mirco products but they do look really nice. I have used HSA in the past to restore an original MB but I know they are not in business any longer. My original is probably an 8.5 out of 10. Does anyone know someone who restores and clear coats or do you think Mirco is the better option? Anyone have pros and cons one way or another? Thanks all!

Try and do it yourself.
Was my first attempt and happy with the result

DSC_3174 (resized).JPGDSC_3174 (resized).JPGDSC_3175 (resized).JPGDSC_3175 (resized).JPG
#7795 3 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

toine79 That looks amazing! Yeah I feel a little intimidated tackling it myself. Did you do any playfield touchups before clearing? Great job man!

Thanks. Shooterlane was eaten out and there was also a wear spot on the right flipper.
Replaced 2 insert decals.

5 cans of 2K HG clear and wet sanding.
Not soo hard to do but you need patience.

2 weeks later
#7839 3 years ago

Finished my IJ restoration after 2 months.

Happy with the esthetical result.

Replaced met fliptronic board with one from Pinled Germany. Send mine to somebody who tries to repare it.

When powering on the machine my Fuse108 popped and I have only GI in the backbox at the lowest part.

In test mode flipper opto, EOS, drop target bank and bridge popper do not react.

One month ago GI worked 100% in backbox.

Any advice or help to tackle these issues would be appreciated

DSC_3359 (resized).JPGDSC_3359 (resized).JPGDSC_3360 (resized).JPGDSC_3360 (resized).JPG
#7842 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

There is a pair of wires that connect the upper back-box GI lamps to the power-driver board. The color of the pair is White-Yellow and Yellow. They connect from the back-box to the power driver board either J120 or J121. You should unplug the connector containing that color pair of wires from your power driver board, replace the fuse and power the unit back up without the connector plugged in. This will tell you if you have a short on that pair or in the wiring of that GI chain on your back box lamp board. This should be very easy to isolate if its indeed a problem with the wiring.
If the fuse doesn't blow....
Pull out all the bulbs from your back box that are not lit (as shown in the pic). Use a meter and check the resistance across the White-Yellow and Yellow pair on the connector housing. You should have 0 ohms. If you don't ... something is shorted.

Will do that tonight.
Could you give me more info how I test this with a DMM? Where do I place black and red lean on during this test?
Thanks.

#7844 3 years ago

Working 100%
Thanks for the help.

DSC_3364 (resized).JPGDSC_3364 (resized).JPG
#7849 3 years ago

I have a lot of airballs on the 3 bank droptarget directly to left outlane.

How can you achieve a good succes ratio on the narrow escape?
Push the cabinet left or right?

What is the best version to play? I now have version L4, I think.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 1,419.00
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

14,000 (OBO)
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toine79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=toine79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.