IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tilt-master.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago

Never got all 12 but I'm finally about to dive into fixing my start mode scoop so it will be more reliable. I still love the game, finally got over 1 Bil for the first time a few weeks back.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from CASTHOF:

Who else would be in for a Color DMD for IJ? I know I would! All the different modes! It would give STTNG a run for it's money.

insert an image of 'Take My Money!'

11 months later
#277 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Is there instructions somewhere on doing this install?

PM sent

2 months later
#387 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But you get to see a frog dance. Duh!

image-120.jpgimage-120.jpg

5 years later
#6392 3 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Any thoughts on what a NOS fully populated & wired IJ playfield still in the factory crate would bring theses days?

The way IJ values are? I’m guessing around 3k? ****at least

1 month later
#6503 3 years ago

Not sure if it has been posted. Has anyone experienced a ball coming down the left wire form and instead of dropping in the inlane, the ball hops to the outlane and drains? This has occurred a few times to me, very frustrating!

#6509 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

is that even possible? how often does it happen?

Not too often thankfully. I believe when it comes out of the wireform hard, the ball may not be centered, it hits the back of the slingshot rubber and bounces over the gate. The wire form is centered over the inlane.

#6514 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I've not seen this on IJ but have on other machines, where spin on the ball will get the ball to go up out of the return lane and into the out lane, but by your description it hops/bounces into the outlane - are you saying the it bounces over the wire ball guide? If is the case, it's possible that the wire ball guide has been pushed in too far and is too low (allowing the ball to bounce over it) - the pic points out the wire ball guide[quoted image]

it bounces over the wire ball guide...the wire does not appear to be sunken down at all

#6547 3 years ago

/\ /\ /\ now this looks promising!! I’m in on this if successful!

1 month later
#6940 3 years ago

Pinnovators headphone set up (at least mine) doesn't appear to be compatible with the Pinsound board (Pinsound connector spacing is different than org sound board). I brought this up to Pinnovators, they will most likely come up with a solution.

4 weeks later
#7191 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

tips on adjusting the narrow escape gate? I would say about 50% of my balls that eject from the idol pop back out into the outlane after making it to the sling rubber.

strange, the gate only opens one direction. Is the gate a little sticky that it doesn't drop closed quickly enough?

#7196 3 years ago

I used minis when I put LEDs in my Indy so it wasn’t too overwhelming and warm whites for GIs. White minis for multicolored inserts and slow changers in hand of fate inserts

6 months later
#8090 2 years ago
Quoted from Turtlemaster:

Hi guys.
Watching ricochet’s photo, I was wondering if you all have this ball guide on your IJ ?
I don’t have it and a friend of mine doesn’t have it either.
Is it useful ? Where can I buy one ?[quoted image]

Mine does not have it

#8092 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

But I imagine the two holes for it are there.
Its easy to make if you want it.

I’ll check later but I do not recall the holes being there

Added over 3 years ago:

I checked, no holes in my playfield

#8135 2 years ago

Jim,

Received it today thx. Packaging is great and instructions appear to be straightforward. I can't get to the install until sometime next, but I'll keep you posted with feedback once completed.

The thought and fabrication quality that went into this is very impressive! I have no doubt this will remedy the bounce out issue. IJ was a top 15 game prior to this fix (and is a family favorite in my house).......it's stock is about to rise higher!!!

#8175 2 years ago

Another patient checking in. My IJ has taken the antidote and it is cured!!!! Almost 30 years of start mode frustration and the fix has finally arrived. 100% stick rate, puts a smile on my face every time. Pin-Ups should win mod of the year with this, it's not even a debate. Ricochet, the IJ community thanks you!!

#8190 2 years ago

Next fix......Any remedies for preventing the ball from going SDTM from mode scoop once a mode begins?

#8194 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Have you tried adjusting the scoop kickout? Mine has a small amount of variation but it either lands on the left sling or flipper

Thanks, yes I’m starting to try adjustments with that. I’ll find the right set up. The ball currently lands anywhere between the end of left flipper to the end of right flipper

2 months later
#8773 2 years ago

I was thinking on installing my Pinstadium Lights in my IJ as well, does anyone had feedback regarding Pinstadiums in their IJ?

Also, where does this molex jumper connect to for an IJ install? All I found is videos that are for alligator clip connectors

Pinstadiums (resized).jpgPinstadiums (resized).jpg

7 months later
#9584 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Anyone with reservations about this Ricochet innovation, order it immediately.
Its the real deal and is a solid fix to a problem that has plagued us for 20 years.
Buy with confidence. I put it in my game and it works as advertised. Really a literal game changer.
This is NOT another crap mod that does nothing, Its high quality and built to last 1000's of plays or more.
I just love it.

Agreed, this should have been mod of the year, an absolute must! If anyone has reservations regarding installation, it is not difficult. Also, there is plenty of support right here within this thread

2 months later
#9775 1 year ago

I have 2 Laoche antidotes from the prototype stage. If anyone needs one I can bring to Pintastic. $30.00 each. Please pm if interested and we can arrange to meet

1 year later
#11125 4 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Can anyone confirm this speaker panel jackpot Marco light board will work with a ColorDMD? Any recommendations which company’s light board I should use? TIA
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16824
[quoted image]

Yes that appears to be the correct one. It is thin enough to fit between color DMD and backbox panel

#11128 4 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Does LED vs LCD make a difference. I went with LED at the time cause it sounded like LCD would overlap this area but I don't know if that is a concern or not.
I have this Pin Gizmos board I bought in the early 2000's that I still need to install. It came with a set of roughly 3/4 inch risers that I'm now wondering if they will cause it to collide with the color dmd.
[quoted image]

Yes it does make a difference. The board you attached will NOT work with LCD, the standoffs and bulb terminals are too thick. The newer board is slim enough to just fit under the LCD. I attached the new thinner board directly to the backbox panel, no spacers
IMG_3620 (resized).jpegIMG_3620 (resized).jpeg

#11129 4 months ago

After 13 years, I have finally left the IJ club. Hopefully I will find another and return someday!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
14,000 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tilt-master.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=tilt-master and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.