IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tictacseth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9734 1 year ago

Just joined the club, and super excited about it! Time to look through the posts and see what people have added to it if anything!

2 weeks later
#9761 1 year ago

Anyone make airball protectors for the back drop target? I saw there was someone making them a few years back. Sent a message but haven’t heard back. Google search didn’t show anyone else ma

Quoted from spidey:

These really light up the pops and are fun how they flash the middle lights on pop hits. Warm white works great with the red caps.
https://www.pinballlife.com/britecaps-evo-pop-bumper-lighting.html

I’ve been wondering what those would look like with the TAF Gold pop bumper caps. Anyone ever seen that on an IJ? And think it would be cool or lame?

#9765 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Not sure whom you reached out to - both Davi and Djshakes have made airball protectors for both the single and bank of 3 drop targets in the past, however I don't believe they have any left over from their previous runs. If there was enough interest, they may consider making more ...

Yes, Davi is one who I reached out to initially. He didn’t have anymore, but told me to check with Korn. So now Korn is checking for me.

1 week later
#9784 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Did you hear back? I put a Davi set on my IJPA but now I have 2 IJPA’s and need another ser

Yeah, he said he wasn’t making them and didn’t have any, and to check with Korn.

#9789 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

Luckily, there are options:
1. Clear version from Djshakes:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/42#post-3914399
2. Clear version by Holger.
3. Screen printed version by me. Once there is an interest of ~30, a new batch will be available.

I don’t know how many we are up to, but I’m interested and also got on the list with Korn for the planes.

#9797 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I think I have a set I never end up using. I bought it from the Davi I believe (sorry I cannot remember it was last year).
I sold my IJ a few months ago and have also a spare POA motor extra, this is an original OEM williams motor never used, and it has been tested and it works.
IF anybody is wanting the motor and plastic protectors (both set for front and back drop down targets) please send me a PM. Located in Canada.
Not sure what these parts are worth, so if anybody can chime in with a price check that would be great. I know Marco sells the motor new but it is not OEM like the one I have so ymmv on how original you want your game to be.
Cheers

Oh cool, I’ll send a PM

3 months later
#10001 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Have you tried the new LEDs that look like incandescents yet?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-the-addams-family-club-tafmembers-fans-welcome/page/104#post-7178071
They look very nice and not too harsh to look at.
Some people are putting them in the TAF electric chair with very good results.
I havent bought any yet, but I can think of tons of uses.

I bought these for my Addams, and they’re awesome! I got them for the Electric chair, thing and Greed lights. Very happy with them, and posted pictures in the TAF club. I thought for Indy, they might help with the hot spots on the backglass. Light just doesn’t feel even back there…

1 week later
#10013 1 year ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

Fellow Indy fans,
Created a problem here coverting my IJ to LED. Was stupid enough to swap the bulbs with power on and most likely created a short, burning the U3 LM339 on the 10 opt board. Fuse 116 also burned losing 12V.
Got 12V back after installing a new 116. Swapped the 10 opto board with a new Pindora box 10 opto. But no luck...
At startup i get row 1 stuck to GND and in the switch i see row 1 and 3 closed. This disapears after removeing the J206/207 and J209/209 from the MPU. A MPU test with a wire shows a good matrix, so in my opinion, not a MPU problem.
No obvious grounds/shorts at the row1-3 switch under the playfield...
Idol test fails, MPF test passes.
Kind of stuck in diagnostics here, who can guide me on my path of adventure?
Help is apreciated!
Update: swappend the MPU and still same problem. So the MPU can be excluded!
Updat2: It dissapears when i unplug the A13901 Opto Ramp Board...
Might that be the trouble?

Hey, I might reach out to you, I think the same thing happened on mine when doing LEDs and I haven’t figured it out. Hoping this works!

#10015 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Never change anything on any game with the power still on its so easy too short something out

Would you believe I’ve been in this 6 years and had probably 30 machines and never heard this before it happened on this Indy? I guess it’s better to learn late than never huh?

1 week later
#10028 1 year ago
Quoted from Marathonman845:

So I am finally getting around to putting LEDs in my good old IJ after almost 20 years in my possession. Shameful, to say the least! I searched the forum and I'm sure someone has asked this previously, but any tips or tricks on how to tear down the playfield (I know the Path of Adventure is tricky, for starters) for a bulb replacement and a good waxing at the same time? Appreciate any and all comments. Thanks much!

If just putting LEDs in, don’t do it from the top. It’s way easier to unscrew the lights below, replace and screw back in.

#10031 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

This may sound dumb but turn off the machine.

Nope, not dumb at all. I made that bone head move not too long ago.

2 months later
#10153 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

If everything goes well, the new airball protector batch will be ready in February.
This version:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/118#post-5621982

I need on that list too . I definitely get them off the single. In fact, most of the time it pops over into the middle where I get credit for a ball lock haha.

2 months later
#10411 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabbo75:

I have developed a small mod for the Indy, if you are interested, there is more information here in this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indy-flasher-mod
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is super cool!

1 month later
#10529 11 months ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

I made a topper for my IJ. I used Comet matrix lighting to light the Stone, Arc and Grail.

Ha - awesome! I was thinking of doing this too!

9 months later
#11419 57 days ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I painted temple style bricks on mine before I acquired the awesome rails made by the great Medisinyl
Sorry for tiny pic. Better viewed on lanscape setting on your phone.
[quoted image]

Whoa - I’m a fan of that

1 month later
#11657 5 days ago

Hey all, I’m having mini playfield issues. I have replaced both boards now, under the playfield and the optos. I don’t know what’s next. Been through the forum, I thought the optos would be the last ditch effort. The issue is the mini playfield on start up shifts to the right, and it can’t seem to find where the straight in alignment is. In the test, the optos do read, motor does shift left and right, but that really only means it goes flat and to the right, or I force it to the left, but trying to get the motor to shift left and right just pushes the thing far right again. Any thoughts?

This post pretty well sums up my exact problem, though I have also replaced the board with a new one.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-mini-playfield-not-centering

#11658 5 days ago

I don’t know if this additional info helps, but on start up, and even if I try to manually twist the ramp in place, the bar in the back that is supposed to go between the lower opto doesn’t reach down that far.

#11666 3 days ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

I had a similar issue and I changed a lot of things. And some new board actually made it worse. Start with basics- any corrosion on main board? If everything looks ok, get a new motor. I wired mine backwards and I kept changing stuff. Uugghh.. There is some red thing on new motors that is different on original- I remember that much. My problem was worse- it would turn past the opto.
Good luck

Right, that’s exactly what is happening, goes past the opto. I don’t have a scope that the other person suggested. I’m scratching my head on this thing - and it was working great before. The first thing that happened was the game started bypassing the mini PF all together. Then I changed the board under the playfield and it’s alive again - but now I can’t get it to align, which is why I tried replacing the board above. Frustrating!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 29.00
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
$ 12.95
12,500 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tictacseth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=tictacseth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.