IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theshamegovernor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 10 years ago

New member as of this weekend! Never had much time on this table at release. I'm still learning the intricacies of the layout, but so far I love it! The first time my wife got Well of Souls she thought she broke the machine.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage-985.jpgimage-985.jpg

3 months later
#119 10 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Another Q for IJ owners. I'm going to put LED's behind my translite. Would you use frosted or clear? I know it's probably personal preference, but just curious what others have liked best.

First, I know the photo is terrible, but it's just for reference. I used a mix to get the perfect amount of light spread that I wanted.

-The red and orange up top are ablaze clear 3led. This keeps the color focused on the Williams and Indiana Jones logos without much bleed into the artwork.
- Incandescents are used in the middle to keep the warm tone in specific areas. I haven't found a warm white LED yet that I'm completely happy with.
- Cool white frosted LEDs were used to highlight specific spots (faces, items, etc). frosted gives an even spread without hot-spotting.

I've also deliberately left multiple sockets empty for a couple reasons:
There is more than enough light.
It further reduces the strain on the GI string.
Reflective glare is minimized.

One day I'll stop putting all my money into pinball and buy a decent camera, but I'm really happy with this configuration. The saturation levels are not overdone (no color bombs), and it works well to enhance the original artwork instead of overpowering it.

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

Do you happen to have a pic w/ the translite on so I can see what it looks like?

Sigh, yes, but note for the record that I'm posting it under duress My phone really does not capture it well.

The faces look like they're lit under daylight without being blown out, while Indy has a warmer "torch-light" tone to him overall. The incandescents and frosted coolwhites blend much smoother than the photo, and the red in the upper corner is not that pronounced at all. Take Indy on the horse for example; you get a nice yellow sun while keeping a strong white highlight on his shirt.

I did not light the ark with GI, because it doesn't need it, and it looks more impressive when the flashers go off.

Play around with all different types. Every manufacturer/configuration of LED outputs slightly differently; use that to your advantage to get the exact look you're going for.

IMG_2906.JPGIMG_2906.JPG

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

It's scary the first time you pull it off. and you have to remove a bunch of other stuff, but if you go slow it's actually not that bad.

Agreed. Getting to the PoA was the worst part for me, but after doing it a few times, it's not that bad.

3 months later
#185 9 years ago

My drops did the same thing when I first brought IJ home, except my far left one was the slowest. There were multiple micro adjustments I made to eliminate the drag. There is a very narrow window of open space where they can drop freely, so for me, it was just trial and error. The most frustrating part for me was getting them to work perfectly while the playfield was up, but back to dragging while lowered. It's not hard, just tedious. Good luck!

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

What did you do? About the only thing I can think of is add another washer between the drop targets and the bracket.

I honestly don't remember anything specific. Do the drops work well when removed from the playfield, or are they sticking on the mechanism itself? Mine worked fine uninstalled, but were dragging against the playfield opening. The whole assembly had to be shifted forward about 1/32". Try to isolate where the pressure is coming from causing the rub against the plate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 85.00
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider theshamegovernor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=theshamegovernor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.