IMG_2559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pappyboyington.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4318 4 years ago

Does anybody know who Automaticos Valls, S.L. is? This stamp is on the inside of my IJ cabinet. How do you tell if this is a reimport from the serial sticker?

IMG_0990 (resized).jpgIMG_0990 (resized).jpgIMG_0992 (resized).jpgIMG_0992 (resized).jpgIMG_0993 (resized).jpgIMG_0993 (resized).jpgIMG_0994 (resized).jpgIMG_0994 (resized).jpg
#4320 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Certainly looks like a re-import... 230V and that German "Caution" label is kind of a tell.

Yes it is a tell, and that's why I posted the picture. However the strange part is the Automaticos Stamp. Which is Spanish. Trying to find out where this baby has been. Does the serial sticker reveal where it was imported? What does the NRI mean?

#4323 4 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Automaticos valls is a maker of arcade game furniture; your game was originaly made for Germany, but finaly headed to Spain (there was a lot of turn over during this period between Germany, France and Spain,). They probably used it for their location or as a dealer... who knows.

Thank for the info. It went to Spain about a year after it arrived in Germany. I notice that the bottom of the cabinet was lightly stained and the inside walls were painted black. Also the metal subway along with the play field lifts have been polished. I wonder if Automaticos did some of the cabinet work back in 1994? Can anybody tell if the cabinet decals are reproductions? I'm guessing they are. The coin door is USA. Also the lockdown bar has no decals. it's been polished.

IMG_0998 (resized).jpgIMG_0998 (resized).jpgIMG_1001 (resized).jpgIMG_1001 (resized).jpgIMG_1002 (resized).jpgIMG_1002 (resized).jpgIMG_1003 (resized).jpgIMG_1003 (resized).jpgIMG_1004 (resized).jpgIMG_1004 (resized).jpg
#4325 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

typical serial decal on the front decal so assume
it's replacement decals.

Good point. I'm betting that Automaticos valls put the stain on the bottom of the cabinet back in 1994. It's only a guess though. Just don't know why anybody would do that or polish a metal subway.

#4327 4 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Fisrt time I see the bottom stained...
Mine comes also from Spain.

Yeah, I've never seen it either. Thanks, the game is in excellent shape. The playfield is flawless.

Thanks for your help

#4333 4 years ago

I'm guessing this is one of those unused connectors as everything seems to be working fine? Am I right?

IMG_1013 (resized).JPGIMG_1013 (resized).JPG
#4335 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Do you have a colordmd installed?
If so, that looks like the power connector to old display.

No color DMD installed

1 week later
#4340 4 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

.156 spaced .

Quoted from DonnieDarko:

That *looks* like J133, especially the colour scheme, but the connector might have burned out and has been replaced. I can just make out what looks like a modified/new J133 connector in the picture. J133 is mostly red/other colour cables.

It's not J133, it's 0.156

#4354 4 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

here is the bottom cnr of mine . 135 &137 are for backboard jackpot light board . is it .100 or .156 spaced .

I believe this connector is for the backboard jackpot light board. The wires loop back to J135 and 138. Notice the colors of the wires. It strange because I do not have a backboard jackpot light board installed ....yet.
IMG_1090 (resized).JPGIMG_1090 (resized).JPG

IMG_1094 (resized).JPGIMG_1094 (resized).JPGIMG_1093 (resized).JPGIMG_1093 (resized).JPG
#4355 4 years ago

On another note. I have an LED kit for this game but I just don't think I want to put them in. The game looks perfect to me. Nice and clean and original looking.

IMG_1098 (resized).JPGIMG_1098 (resized).JPGIMG_1099 (resized).JPGIMG_1099 (resized).JPGIMG_1100 (resized).JPGIMG_1100 (resized).JPG
#4358 4 years ago

I bought the jackpot light board from Marco and I was wondering if there are DIY instructions somewhere for cutting out the three jackpots on the speaker panel board?

#4363 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

I used a drill with a fairly large bit and traced the 3 items out onto the board and slow cut out the board, taking a little off at a time using a flashlight lighting up from behind. It came with absolutely no instructions whatsoever which sucks, but it wasn’t too bad.

Thanks 2Pup. How did you trace the images onto the board?

#4365 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

I used a ruler and a pencil. Measure into the images from top and bottom and side to side. If I were to do it again, I would probably use tracing paper to make it easier. I started with holes smaller than needed and increased them to final size. The chest was the hardest, on my list to finish up lol. I might clean it up with a dremel. I think someone on the thread was selling a precut one done professionally, but seemed a bit too much for me unless I was doing a high end restore.

Thanks man, I have a dremel so I think I will take your advice and try to use tracing paper. I can't believe someone hasn't posted a DIY guide for this.

#4366 4 years ago

Well I threw caution at the wind and went for it. Turned out pretty easy. Just traced the three jackpots and then placed the traced paper on the wood and started drilling and cutting with my jig saw and drill. Just need to sand the edges and maybe put a little black marker on the plastic to prevent light leak. Then put it together and wait for my lamp board from Marco.
IMG_1106 (resized).jpgIMG_1106 (resized).jpgIMG_1108 (resized).jpgIMG_1108 (resized).jpg

#4378 4 years ago

Ordered this from Marco. No screws...no instructions.

IMG_1120 (resized).JPGIMG_1120 (resized).JPG
#4380 4 years ago

I figured out how to install it. However the LEDs look way cooler than all the other lights in my game. I'm going to see if I can find some warm LEDs to put into this board. The board was made by pindorabox.com. So far my first impression of them is not so good.
IMG_1127 (resized).JPGIMG_1127 (resized).JPG

IMG_1130 (resized).JPGIMG_1130 (resized).JPG
#4382 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I’d love to see a few pix of how you installed it. I really want to do this mod on my IJ.

The lamp board screws into the back of the speaker panel. Just make sure the lights on the board are centered on each cutout and screw it down. Once connector goes to 133 and the other to 138.

IMG_1133 (resized).JPGIMG_1133 (resized).JPG
#4385 4 years ago

This same board from marco burnt up on me within 6 months of use

Did they offer you a replacement?

#4387 4 years ago

At least you are aware of issue now and can watch for it.

Thank you for the information. I would like to know if your issue is a design flaw or just a single misshap. Hopefully somebody can chime in with their luck on these boards made by Pindorabox. Or if somebody has another recomedation for this board. Possibly Pinbits or somebody else?

10 months later
#5795 4 years ago

Just added this little buddy. Pretty close match to the real one in the movie and only $15 delivered to my door. I love mods but i'm not one for adding dolls or little toys to my games so this is a start for me. I attached it with the blue stick putty. Easy on easy off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CEFGRA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o06_s00

IMG_2768 (resized).jpegIMG_2768 (resized).jpegIMG_2766 (resized).jpegIMG_2766 (resized).jpeg
#5800 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nice....I bet you could add a few LED's to that tank

Thanks. Not sure what I would light up though? It's a tank.

#5801 4 years ago

I just finished installing the side blades from Tilt graphics. I like them!

This is my IJ, NO LEDS all INCANDESCENT BULBS BABY! I have a LED kit but I can't do it. All of my other games have LEDs but this one feels like it needs that incandescent warmth.

IMG_2772 (resized).jpegIMG_2772 (resized).jpegIMG_2773 (resized).jpegIMG_2773 (resized).jpegIMG_2774 (resized).jpegIMG_2774 (resized).jpegIMG_2775 (resized).jpegIMG_2775 (resized).jpegIMG_2776 (resized).jpegIMG_2776 (resized).jpegIMG_2777 (resized).jpegIMG_2777 (resized).jpeg
#5803 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nice....I actually just got mine yesterday (it took 3 weeks)....Any issues with the fit? Did u use the wet or dry method?

Wet. Tiny bit of soap and water in a spray bottle. I don't see how you can do it dry. Unless you take the playfield out. Left side needed a little trim off the top in the back.

#5807 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I always install using the wet method, but my buddy does the dry method....did the back box holes line up? The last three blades I've installed from Tilt the holes were off quite a bit off so I had to remove the back box bolts .

To get the holes to line up I have to trim a little off the top back side of the sticker. I'm hoping to just take a razor and slide it down the playfield glass channel nice and slow. We will see tonight.

#5856 3 years ago

Found this on Ebay. I bought the tank from the same maker and it was a close match to the movie. The plane can be taken off the base. What are your thoughts? Is there a better one that's the right size out there?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#6053 3 years ago

Looking for a cliffy protector for the 3 drop slot. All pinball suppliers are out. Waiting to hear back from Cliffy but I figured I would check here to see if anybody has an extra one?

Thanks,
Rich

1 year later
#8180 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I will begin shipping Lao's Antidote this week... I will reach out to each of you in turn on my list.
Thank you!

Where do we purchase these?

#8182 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’m keeping a list ... building them in batches and contacting folks when they are ready to ship.

I would love one. Pleas put me on the list. Thank you.

7 months later
#9309 2 years ago

Does anybody know where to get the plane propeller mod or at least a DIY kit?

#9310 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

think it does not look well with the playfield art. The playfield art is very comic/graphic style, adding realistic stuff to your machine just makes no sense...it is too detailed, too brown and too expensive....easy pass for me....imho.

Yeah I feel the same way too. It's why I didn't add a realistic Bf 109 model to my game. I'm usually not a keep it original kind of guy but for this game it's different.

1 year later
#11133 4 months ago

Quoted from DeeGor:
Pinball decals sells some
https://pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

Thanks! And holy smokes those are spendy!!

Everything there is way too expensive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,419.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

12,500 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pappyboyington.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=pappyboyington and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.