IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider okgrak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3901 5 years ago

What do you all think about this price for an IJ, the Pinball Adventure?

ebay.com link: Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure

#3904 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

For starters, that’s not even the Pinball Adventure!

That’s the only thing more amusing than the price.

#3909 5 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Joining the club and working on restore
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I envy your workshop more than your machine.

9 months later
#4876 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ah, nice. Ok - guess ill check in with them

Let us know the results. I’ve been pm’ing every couple months as well.

3 weeks later
#4948 4 years ago

I recently have seen an issue where the ball kicks out of the trough but then bounces hard enough off the wood rail to end up back in the trough, requiring multiple kicks to get it out occasionally. Has anyone else had this issue? I figured I would ask before diagnosing.

#4950 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Is it the correct coil?

It is.

3 weeks later
#5022 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

For the Pinsound peeps here, are you using the Endprodukt Remastered or ReOrchestrated? Not sure what this difference is

Use the IJ_Remastered mix directly from Endprodukt. The ReOrchestrated is just a dupe that someone else uploaded. I've been using the Remastered for a year and it's flawless. With some upgraded speakers the results are night and day from the original mix.

#5024 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

It’s literally the best thing to hit this pin besides colordmd.

This and T2 are the two machines I would put a pinsound upgrade as a better bang for your buck than colordmd.

#5026 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

It’s strange though, the Re-Orchestrated is much bigger for some reason. I’ll go try the Remastered then. Thx

It’s much bigger because it has been uncompressed to .wav format. The pinsound board will do this uncompression on first boot with any sound package.

#5028 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, got it. BTW, what do you mean “directly from Endprodukt”? Not through the Pinsound forum?
Got a link?

I simply meant his upload on the pinsound community.

#5037 4 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Any suggestions for powdercoating or trim? A friend reccomended brass for legs and trim with black nickel gun. Any photos for ideas would be great thank you

I have that exact setup.

#5049 4 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

It seems so glitchy. The absence of sound is strange especially when the normal callout was so great

I’m gonna test this out. Pretty sure I have the jackpot callout on my mix.

#5050 4 years ago

Just tested on my machine.

It has both an extra ball callout by Salah and a jackpot call out by Indy.

There are two versions of Endorodukts mix on the pinsound site so that could be the issue.

#5051 4 years ago

Still trying to resolve my issue with the ball eject out of the trough. Can someone send me a photo of the metal angle above the trough? I think mine might be bent incorrectly.

31127FE1-1B8A-475D-8ADF-111279C973DC (resized).jpeg31127FE1-1B8A-475D-8ADF-111279C973DC (resized).jpeg
#5054 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Could be the cliffy? Mine started doing this after I installed the protector.

definitely could be. Did you end up removing yours?

#5056 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any idea what mix you have?
It’s funny that I’ve just noticed this now after several years...lol
So the extra ball callout by Salah is followed by the shoot again animation and callout?

I just researched, and I am using a mix I got directly from Endprodukt, as I donated to him on PayPal for his work on T2 and IJ.

#5058 4 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Hmm. I did too. I've been searching for people dealing with this to no avail.

did you try upgrading your pinsound firmware? The one it ships with has some guys that got fixed in later firmware releases.

#5059 4 years ago

For those with missing call outs, do you have pinsound or pinsound+ boards? I am running a pinsound+ with the latest firmware

#5062 4 years ago

Has anyone installed the “improved” ball trough assembly from Marco? It has stainless steel rails and a mechanism that prevents balls from leaving when playfield is up?

#5069 4 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

Here are a couple pics for you[quoted image][quoted image]

After watching my ball eject, it collided with the black wood rail on the inside of the shooter lane. Does yours do the same?

#5071 4 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

No, Ball ejects and hits the outside rail covered by the metal plate and then falls/rests in shooter lane.

Thanks. Pretty sure I need to bend that angle slightly to change trajectory.

#5076 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Here are some thoughts and discoveries with the Enprodukt Remastered Pinsound ZIP
1. If you change/unzip/Re-zip the file, it runs into a character length issues which will eliminate sound files. If you did this it might be why some files are missing. Try unzipping/zipping in a single root folder only 1 folder deep
2. The gunshot on the final/completion of Cairo mode the gun shot does not sound - not sure why. Either gun shot is corrupt or getting over played with the prior sound bite from Marion
3. The folder/sfx names are different than the original. Not sure why this. I also noticed .ogg files vs wav. Seems strange since ogg only has 256kbps vs wav.
3. There’s a very simular zip file on Pinside called “Reorchestrated”. Not sure why this was posted but it’s recompiled with German labeled sounds files that don’t rezip easily without renaming them. I’d just avoid it
Anybody notice any other issues?

When I set mine up, I simply dropped the .zip file onto the flash drive and booted the pinsound+ board. This way it allows the zip to be uncompressed in it's native linux filesystem. I have had no issues with missing or corrupt sounds.

#5079 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Are you getting the gun blast at the end of the Cairo mode?

I’ll test it out later, but pretty sure I hear the gunshot.

#5103 4 years ago

I have prototype SS rails for my POA, and I’m thinking about getting these brass plated to match the rest of my machine. Has anyone else done this? Couldn’t find pics anywhere. Am I going crazy overboard with this?

#5106 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is it normal to get a lot of SDTM's from the drop/captive ball/blue lane?

Yes. on every IJ I've played....

#5112 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

You guys are talking about the captive ball shot for Quick 2 ball multi & Castle Mode shot right?

I was. The shot is aligned perfectly to feed straight down between the flippers.

#5118 4 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wow. Looks really nice. I’ve already done all wire forms including the one on the apron. Where did you get those flipper toppers? Are you using post lighting on the slings?

#5155 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

It’s definitely not a muffled gunshot, it’s no gunshot at all. I actually stripped out all the sounds on that mode one by one and still couldn’t get it to fire. My guess is it’s just not lining up the sfx with the number assigned in the machine. I don’t think it’s missing because people with Pinsound 1’s get it to fire correctly.
I believe it should be sending the “Gun Sound” sfx which does fire when launching the ball, just noticed in that particular mode it doesn’t. It’s probably the same issue with the Extra ball and jackpot
We’ll see, still looking into

Have you tried downloading the original unedited sound package, and see if the SFX# matches up? Maybe it was incorrectly modified.

One thing I have also noticed from working on other pin sound mixes, is that sometimes a file that isn't recognized properly can be fixed by simply renaming the folder AND the file. I'm not near my machine, but you can check and see if that works.

#5160 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Has the market softened up a bit? I’ve had my IJ up for sale for over a month. I’m down to $6800 and It still hasn’t moved.
Mine is a solid game overall, never taken me so long to sell a game before, kind of weird. I’ve sold a ton of them.

It’s probably your location and/or shipping prices lately. STI is charging upwards of $600 to ship a machine these days depending on distance.

#5182 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Pinsound studio app? Didn't even know it existed. What is it for?

it’s for creation and manipulation of pinsound orchestrations. You can also use it to load up and test the usb stick and for creating shaker compositions.

1 week later
#5205 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

BTW, no matter how rigged the Pinside top 100 is, this is the greatest pin ever made. JJP POTC might have an argument, but everything else rated here is not ever close.
Hey let’s hit a castle that’s 2/3 the size of the playfield? Of course you can hit it and do great, it’s 2/3 the playfield. Boom #1 pin, um no Mediocre Madness
Williams Indiana Jones is the GOAT

While I generally agree, I go back and forth between IJ and AFM. IJ can be tough on novice players, and can be clunky if you don't have some shot accuracy. AFM seems accessible to everyone and is fun no matter what your skill level. IJ will also never be remade, and has the most killer sound upgrade thanks to EndProdukt.

#5235 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So which should I get and does it just work instantly once plugged in or do I need updated rom

Pinsound+ and the pinsound shaker. The endprodukt reorchestestion for IJ is incredible.

#5237 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK i already have pinsound in it. Will look into it.

With the pinsound studio you can fully customize the shaker effects to match up with different events in the game.

#5240 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Does it require an external or additional power supply? Where does it connect to?

It connects to J101 on the driver board via a pass through.

#5241 4 years ago

Are the shakers preprogrammed in the mix or do you have to program the shakes?

The shaker needs to be programmed into the mix. It's fully customizable and you can tweak the strength and type of shake with different sound events in the game.

I'm begun working on a "shaker" enhanced mix, but I'm nowhere near done yet. Happy to collaborate with others here. The trick is in the tweaking / refining of the effects so they feel natural in the game. I've already done the mine cart mode which is amazing, as well as the ball locks, POA holes, and Jackpots (increasing strength as jackpot increases) . Lots more to do.

#5243 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Where does the control board go? Backbox or cabinet?

Backbox, but it's quite small.

shaker (resized).pngshaker (resized).png
#5246 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Motion Control... what a crap!

Cool story.

#5248 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

No, it's a sad story behind PinSound 1, promised developments and what PinSound did with customers!

Is it because the pinsound 1 doesn’t support the shaker? Do they have an upgrade program?

#5280 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Not a crazy amount of bugs considering how much is in this game and how much can go wrong

Pro tip: don’t be good enough to reach the point at which any of these bugs come into play.

#5290 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Heads up - pinsound Shaker back in stock! Just bought one as my game already had pinsound plus which btw - haven't owned a machine with one of these in sometime and it's crazy how good the sound quality is.

I'm curious why Pinsound lists IJ as one of the machines with a shaker mix, but it's not available anywhere on the site.

#5315 4 years ago
Quoted from jfrazie:

I picked up an IJ about 2 weeks ago.
I cleaned, waxed, LEDed, rubbered, and replaced anything dirty, broken, or rusty.
It's looking good and planned to put side blades on last night.
Problem is that the left side is SUPER tight. Right side isn't so bad.
Any ideas on a fix?
Some of my games are tight, but not like this one. Theres an obvious "rub" mark on the left from lifting and dropping the play field.

First check to see if your cabinet is warped.

2 weeks later
#5357 4 years ago

For those that have lit under their Idol / Idol ruins, what's the best method? I want to illuminate the yellow plastic housing underneath, but I do not want the entire ruins to be glowing.

I've installed a bulb socket in the extra hole underneath, so I'm ready to order whatever people recommend.

2 weeks later
#5505 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

The glitter playfield is the only way to go. It pairs perfectly with the brass trim and all the gold artifacts and theme. And all the predrilled holes for the screws saves a lot of time and makes it easier reinstalling the rats nest of a wire harness this thing has.
Now I have an extra playfield I don't know what to do with. It is an early-sample playfield so it has rarity, with color and text differences from the Mirco. I will touch it up, clearcoat it, and maybe just hang it on the wall.

Does only the glitter playfield have the predrilled holes ?

#5513 4 years ago

I’m really on the fence about which one to get. Those who have received the glitter, how does it look in person?

#5531 4 years ago
Quoted from gearhead:

Someone just asked me in a PM, so to clear things up, no, I don't have the virus. But I work in the TV sports industry which means I'm screwed until things get going again.

Really sorry to hear that. Unfortunately you are at the front of the impact curve, buts it’s going to hit everyone eventually. I’m guessing there are going to be a lot more than just people walking away from playfield purchases around here.

1 week later
#5608 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks...I appreciate the input...I think I'll just buy the pinSound speaker set as its pretty turn key....shipping is pricey to the USA $70 ...ouch

Do not spend $70 on shipping

Pinball Pro makes a $99 kit that sounds amazing with pin sound
https://pinballpro.net/shop/bally-williams-wpc-pinsound-speaker-kit/

If you want to go cheaper you can also go DIY.

The important part is to find quality speakers with a high sensitivity. The best combo I've found which works amazingly with pin sound:

Cabinet woofer:
https://www.parts-express.com/goldwood-gw-208-4-8-oem-woofer-4-ohm--290-310

$19.13

Backbox speakers:

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dc130b-4-5-1-4-classic-woofer-speaker--295-307#lblProductDetails

$18.98 each. ( x 2 )

Total: $57 plus shipping

Going with the Pinball pro kit does get you the cabinet adapters, which will avoid the need to mod your cabinet. In my opinion it's worth the extra cost over DIY.

#5612 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks I appreciate the insight....The high shipping costs were the pin sound board and speakers....its actually $80 ...I wonder if anyone in the states sells the board?

Yes. K's Arcade. I've bought all my boards from them.

https://ksarcade.net/new-used-pinball-boards-parts/pinsound/pinsound-wpc-95.html

2 weeks later
#5770 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Totally agree

You can also send the board out for the NVRAM install if you are so inclined: http://chrishiblerpinball.com

1 month later
#6058 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I used LED flashers for the back box and everything underneath the playfield. Everything on top of the playfield is incandescent flashers.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1nUDQhNMCDqx9Zcf7
[quoted image]

Is your left flipper perfectly setup to nail the jackpot shot?

#6068 3 years ago

So I've just noticed that The Hand of Fate : Quick Two Ball does not trigger a multiball on my machine. Is this a software / rom issue? My machine is works perfectly for everything else, including the regular two ball multi ball. I saw some mentions here in the thread, but no definitive answer.

1 week later
#6105 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Has anyone installed the JackPot board from these guys?
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/indiana-jones-jackpot-board-5745.html
I have a color DMD and want to make sure theres enough room for the installation....maybe its not an issue, but figured I'd see if anyone has used this board.
Thanks

I have, but I’m using the LED ColorDMD, so there was no issue with fit.

4 weeks later
#6209 3 years ago

and me....

#6219 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’ve found that frosted looks best on inserts as well. I only used clear on the small bonus arrows.
2SMD frosted for back box no color... warm or sunlight.
5SMD towers or incandescents are best for flashers.

I’m a warm white all around person, but for IJ the backbox it is so yellow as it is, that Sunlight gives it a bit more depth and contrast.

1 month later
#6490 3 years ago

Out of stock on the sub, doesnt come with adapter plate or pinsound cables.
But, the speakers are an excellent price!

Depending on how handy you are, the wiring harness is a .90c molex connector, $3 of speaker wire, and about 10 minutes of time.

3 months later
#7491 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:I have both and its a tough choice....if I was forced to pick one it would probably be pin sound, but its really a toss up

Pinsound for me. It brings this machine to life.

7 months later
#8662 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Yes. My Mirco IJ playfield bubbled and the paint beneath it began lifting. Bought it early last year.

How long did you have the playfield before you did the swap?

#8666 2 years ago

Yeah, mirco playfield need 10 months to cure.
If you wait until you see the die back. You should be ok.
Otherwise, you can assemble but dont tighten anything too much.

Mine is probably on track for a 24 month cure so I should be good?

1 month later
#9042 2 years ago

Anyone know if J-lo is on this thread? Wonder what her game would sell for.

(From her IG)

9DBA18C1-2F3E-440C-92BE-063A9ACC8EB5 (resized).jpeg9DBA18C1-2F3E-440C-92BE-063A9ACC8EB5 (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#9476 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Dug out a 3 and replaced it now everything is fine
I’m no Hibler not even close but not my first rodeo I don’t get why 103 blew for just a cleaning

It's the law of pinball maintenance. Any given fix will always expose or introduce at least one additional problem.

11 months later
#10180 1 year ago
Quoted from SiN13:

I like the design, it fits in well with the cabinet, but yeah at that price I would expect it to be made out of something more robust than 3D printed parts. I'm just not a fan of seeing all those layer lines.

I didn't realize it was 3D printed until you pointed that out.... wow. They could have at least done some post processing or smoothing considering the price.

2 weeks later
#10228 1 year ago
Quoted from OtherLebowski:

hi all! I am a happy Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure owner of almost a year now. I installed the PinSound board/sub and it really is awesome but I was wondering if anyone has issues with the sound effects queuing up but the music keeps playing and then after a bit it will catch up? I would say at least once or twice during a play session this will happen. It is kind of annoying and takes away from the game when it happens.

Have you tried a different/faster usb flash drive ?

2 weeks later
#10318 1 year ago

I also bought my IJ about 4-5 years ago for 7.3K. Was super worried at the time that I was overpaying. Now all I can think about is how it is never leaving.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

14,000 (OBO)
$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,419.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 85.00
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider okgrak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=okgrak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.