IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5165 4 years ago

So my game is either possessed by a demon or it has an issue.

The game just starts... on its own... and then it will start adding payers. Occasionally the bumpers will activate and pretend like a ball is bouncing around the playfield. It has never done anything like that before this morning.

Any ideas on the problem?

Or should I buy a Ghostbusters game to sit next to it?

**** Edit for clarity... the game is powered on when it does this****

#5167 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok. Well if the game wasn’t powered on you’d need to order a Marcos Exorcist
But being that it’s powered on sounds like a stuck switch or ground short. You run and tests?

Yeah, I ran a test, but the only thing that came up was on the idol. Which is strange on its own, because it seems to be working fine.

I am definitely a noob when it comes to repair. I am not technically illiterate (or illiterate in fixing technical stuff), but I haven't spent much time fixing these machines.

2 years later
#9588 2 years ago

Hey I have a problem with my idol. It seems to over-rotate. Not by much - I’d guess 2 or 3% rep 360 degrees. It is a pretty big deal for game play, since the idol is never in the spot that it is supposed to be in… balls get hung up, don’t release and etc.

I have replaced the motor and bearing assembly, but I am still having the same issue. Any ideas?

#9590 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

I think you have an opto issue. Check this link to help troubleshoot:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-indiana-jones-idol-troubleshooting-guide#post-5623060
If you took your Optos off then make sure you put them back in the right place. The guide mentioned above will show you the correct positions.
Good luck.

Thanks, I have checked the optos, but it is worth double checking. It almost seems like a braking issue. Like the idol brakes a fraction of a second too late. Ther error is additive too... so after after 20 spins the idol could be 30 degress off... after 40 spins it might be a 65 degress and then, and so on.

#9592 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

If I remember correctly that is similar to what my game was doing along with intermittent issues of not working correctly. I took everything apart, cleaned it and reheated/soldered all the opto’s. Fixed everything for me. I think it was a cold solder joint. Sometimes in test I was getting an opto error and sometimes not. That was about 3 years ago and it has worked 100% ever since.

ahhhh.... interesting. Could be.... thank you!

#9597 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Let us know what you find. The fact that the idol gets further out of alignment after each spin is weird, given that the opto interrupt plate is locked onto the shaft with a set screw - just make sure that the set screw isn't loose and that there is no plate movement on the shaft

Positive it is not the set screw. I thought it was the gear box. It was shedding oil so I knew there was an issue with the grease. I replaced the motor and gear box and I am still having the same issue.

#9601 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Are you sure your optos 91, 92 and 93 are installed correctly on the assembly? If they are not in the right order then it will totally confuse the MPU and resulting position. Did you remove them at some point? The guide previously mentioned will show the correct location for them.

This is a restored machine. The restorer has a sterling reputation, but I guess mistakes can be made. It is worth checking into.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

12,500 (OBO)
Wanted
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 29.00
$ 12.95
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,419.00
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nc_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.