IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#570 8 years ago

Picked up an IJ yesterday... looking fairly good. I've got a few issues to work out before it'll play properly, and everything is really dirty. Needs a full teardown and shop. Few minor things I hope to have worked out soon, drop bank target throwing an error (fires a few times before each ball) and the ball popper for ball lock does not work during gameplay.

IJ.jpgIJ.jpg

#571 8 years ago

After a couple of minor repairs this IJ is playing great! Fun game- next up is a much needed teardown and cleaning.

#586 8 years ago

For the rollover lanes I've got 3 bulbs lighting up the red plastic lane guides. I'm missing a lamp socket in the 4th lane guide nearest the captive ball. I'll probably add a socket there, just wondering if this is typical for IJ.

#591 8 years ago

I also thought it was odd that the two clear inlane inserts should remain lit- mine do that as well. From the videos I've seen this appears to be normal.

#593 8 years ago

Has anyone else purchased the repro plastic set? Wondering if I got a bad batch, or if the colors are just off. Repro is on the left side.

IJ plastic.jpgIJ plastic.jpg

#595 8 years ago

Ok thanks. I may only replace what is absolutely needed. Kind of a drag for 160 bucks.

#597 8 years ago

Starting the reassembly... I decided to live with the different colors for now, and will keep my original plastic set in case it bugs me too much. The greens are actually a nice match to the playfield green. Didn't mess with the lite jackpot plastic since I don't have a rivet press. I did have to cut a bigger wedge into the top plastic that touches the foot of that lite jackpot sign, it was way too tight.

IJ.jpgIJ.jpg
IJ2.jpgIJ2.jpg

#598 8 years ago

Can anyone tell me where this piece is supposed to go? Thought I took all the pictures I'd need, but I can't find this one. Thanks!

IJ.jpgIJ.jpg

#602 8 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

It goes next to the through kickout,

Thank you!

After a rebuild of the ball shooter and flippers I should be back up and running. Color DMD arrives today.

3 weeks later
#620 8 years ago

I had similar issues with my IJ. The opto at the ball popper was not working (should be open but test switch matrix showed it closed). I just replaced the set of optos and that was resolved. Damn near unplayable without that working. Your other problem sounds like it may be a ball trough opto issue, and also similar to the one I had. One of the optos had gone bad in the ball trough and had to replace that. You can also buy a new & improved ball trough opto board set.

Flippers, you may want to try slightly bending back the flipper mech tab which will allow the flippers to extend a bit further.

#625 8 years ago

I don't really know what that piece is called, but it's the back end with the rubber grommet that only allows the shaft to extend so far.

flippers.jpgflippers.jpg

#628 8 years ago

You're missing a U-shaped metal piece between the ramp and plastic.

IJ.jpgIJ.jpg

#632 8 years ago

Congrats on the pickup. Finally I have my IJ finished and working... definitely a family favorite.

IJ1.jpgIJ1.jpg
IJ2.jpgIJ2.jpg
IJ3.jpgIJ3.jpg

#634 8 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Are those cool/natural white LEDs in the GI and backglass?

One thing I noticed right away when the machine came with incandescent... the backglass looked way too samey. This picture is no longer accurate for flashers, but it's how I have the GI lighting set up. It's a mix of Cointaker WW (top) Comet WW (middle face and some places) and Sunlight. I left a few empty near the middle to not flood with light. I also put a double flex near the top corner where it's darker, seems like they could have used another lamp socket somewhere over there.

IJ.jpgIJ.jpg

Another thing I noticed- I use Cointaker WW in all 3 of these games for GI, but look at the difference in how IJ reacts to them in comparison. At some point I may switch that up to Sunlight.

gameroom.jpggameroom.jpg

#637 8 years ago

jedimastermatt, I'd be curious to see a picture when you're finished, if you're using Sunlight in the GI. Probably will switch mine up, just not sure which direction yet.

beelzeboob, I agree with inserts- kept most of mine white except for the oranges. Interested to see what your playfield GI looks like combined with LED inserts. Have to disagree on the backbox though- I thought all incandescent there was too dark, monochromatic and not enough depth. LEDs definitely sharpen that up to my eyes and allow for a subtle range of brightness.

#643 8 years ago

Definitely be interested to see what HEP does with your IJ beelzeboob. Keep us posted.

#648 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Will do. He's got it in his gallery now. It's the one marked for "RR".

Looking really good so far. Very exciting to see the pf transformation.

#650 8 years ago

Well exciting nonetheless. You're gonna have a sweet IJ.

3 weeks later
#661 8 years ago
Quoted from Player1:

Hello all,
Picked up my first IJ recently and really love the game. Need some advice on the POA if anyone can help. Everything about the POA works except the optos for the holes. The POA tilts back and forth like it's supposed to, the wire switches all score, it resets to level, etc. However I just noticed when the ball falls through either hole it goes unnoticed, also in switch test if you place a ball or your finger in the hole I'm not showing any switch hit.
Any thoughts on where to start?

Any other switches failing in the same row or column?
Check the opto to see if wires are still soldered. If so, clean the opto. If that doesn't work then replace the opto. Probably best to check continuity first.

1 month later
#704 8 years ago

Does anyone know of a good link for IJ apron cards? I'm not seeing too much that's appealing to me, or that prints out in the right proportion.

#725 8 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

I recently did my IJ in LEDs and going into it I wasn't sure I was going to like it. I was very pleasantly surprised. I ordered a bunch of lamps from Art at Comet and had planned on using warm whites predominately on it and it came out just like I imagined it. I did doe some color matching on the inserts. As you pointed out, the only inserts that look off are the character face ones. What I've found is that is more due to the brightness than the color of warm whites. Nothing that the LED OCD board can't handle. The only part of the game that I haven't LED'd yes is the Path of Adventure. I'm going to wait until I tear apart the entire game to do it.
One thing for certain though. The ultimate upgrade for IJ's is getting a Pinsound card and new speakers. Oh my, what a difference! Movie quality John Williams soundtrack, Ben Burtt sound effects, and actual voice call outs from the films... HEAVEN.

I used these on the face inserts and it came out well... warm white.

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1-flux.htm

Currently I have POA yellow inserts remaining as incandescent also. Last thing I'd like to tweak is to get some natural white flex for the green adventure inserts.

2 weeks later
#746 8 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Does anyone have any suggestions to fixing an issue I have with the left wire guide coming from the left ramp?
I've just cleaned and waxed by playfield and as such its playing super fast, ball is getting heaps of spin etc. The down side is that when I hit the left ramp at speed the ball travels so fast down the ramp that it almost always drains into the far left drain lane. The fix would seem to be that I need a higher playfield wireguide or some other way to block the ball.

I slightly bent the right side edge of the left metal ramp and now have a very small percentage of balls flying off. Pair of pliers did the trick right where the ramp edge wall and wireform meet.

Would be cool though to have a 360 wireform mod for that area.

#751 8 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I think my issue is slightly different. You are talking about it coming off right at the start or mid rail? I've seen that occasionally but not as much as what i getting now. What i'm talking about is where it drops down back to the playfield. Here is a pic (not mine) http://i.imgur.com/DqR5RcE.png
It can come off at an angle and skip over the playfield based wireform.
I had a game last night in which the only time I lost a ball was due to it jumping the wire. Sometimes it will trigger the eternal life reshoot, probably due to a drain switch being triggered so quickly after an upper playfield switch.

Yes that does sound different... I had pictured it flying off from the top, as mine used to land in the center of the playfield.

1 month later
#755 8 years ago

Congrats kronlar. Definitely a crowd pleaser.

4 weeks later
#797 8 years ago

I got my ramp airballs down quite a lot by very slightly bending the metal side ramp exit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=mmp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.