IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kerry_richard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3784 5 years ago

Great Thread... Thanks for all the sharing, advice & tips!

3 months later
#4007 5 years ago

Yo Whitey... check out this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service

jump to last few pages for more of an update.

Kerry

#4009 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Hey Kerry they look great ! Can I buy them done ? What’s the deal

Thanks Ken

Ken... I believe he's done with batch #1 and planes sent. I'm in on batch #2 and havn't rec'vd my planes yet. George has a 3rd batch yet to do. I don't know if he's got room in on #3 or is considering doing a #4. I would suggest you PM him.

Thanks
Kerry

#4012 5 years ago

"If" you are referring to the plane question Whitey asked here... then this is the thread I suggest he (you) look at.

#4036 5 years ago

I'd too be interested, to be on your list.

Thanks
Kerry Richard

1 month later
#4153 5 years ago

I'd choose black / orange / yellow rubber over white in that location, less noticeable in my opinion.

11 months later
#5506 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Does only the glitter playfield have the predrilled holes ?

No... I got the standard PF and it's all drillied

1 month later
#5783 4 years ago

Regarding backglass:

As far as I know, it's just glass, that wasn't specific to the game (i.e. IJ). Usually it's tempered, however, on older games I believe some were plain glass. It's possible that the etched #'s represent the "bug" (the "bug" = etched marking indicating it's tempered glass).

I've owned over 200 pinballs, so if anyone else has anything different on this... let me know.

Kerry

3 months later
#6325 3 years ago

I'd certainly paint the whole cabinet and head before installing RadCals. Putty marks, dings and holes, sand, prime & paint. Some may say it's overkill, not to me. That's what I'll be doing on (4) sets I've purchased.

I'm on the fence as to sink the smaller bolts or keep it "old school" with bolt heads showing.

#6330 3 years ago

RadCals are very glossy vs. decals being satin to maybe a semi-gloss. So, they are quite different in appearance and texture.

To do decals right you can't cut any corners. In my opinion: I think RadCal's thickness would allow you to cut corners, if you needed / wanted to.

I haven't installed any RadCals yet, however, I have done 5-6 decals.

#6335 3 years ago

I agree black is the way to go. I too will be painting the cab & head all black. Then any exposed edges will be blended nicely, especially the inside of the head, under lockdown bar, under coin door, start & extra ball buttons etc. Plus, I'll be re-screening the yellow warning labels on back of head.

1 month later
#6524 3 years ago

Hello PinballReno… I have a couple questions, hopefully for the benefit of the Pinside fans too:

Can you elaborate: “Ed at GPE has all the connectors and pins. Mostly i use 3 position and 2 position .156 molex.” I understand about needing the connectors/pins, however, Can you elaborate on them more? What/where is GPE? Which crimping tool are you suggesting?

$16 IWISS IWS-1424B Weather Pack Crimper Tools for Delphi APTIV Packard Weather Pack Terminals Metri-Pack Connectors for Sealed Terminals

https://www.amazon.com/IWISS-IWS-1424B-Terminals-Metri-Pack-Connectors/dp/B071KFLY43/ref=redir_mobile_desktop

$29 IWISS 5 interchangeable Jaws Crimping tool kit with FREE Wire Striper&Cutter for Insulated and Non-Insulated Terminals 0.5-35mm ² Oxford bag packing

https://www.amazon.com/IWISS-Crimping-different-terminals-interchangeable/dp/B0195VXA10/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

#6527 3 years ago

Thank You Pinballinreno!

Kerry

1 week later
#6614 3 years ago

Ricochet... I'll take one too.
Thanks
Kerry

2 weeks later
#6852 3 years ago

Ricochet... I'm in for your deflector.

Let me know.
Thanks!
Kerry

1 month later
#7313 3 years ago

Seems to me, any 0000 of steel wool would be abrasive.

If it were me: I'd flip the rail over and test bottom (unseen) side for best results.

1 month later
#7583 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Are you guys surprised at the current prices of these IJ games? I'm a little surprised that most are asking $10K+ without color dmd and pin sound....seems crazy to me

Sounds like you got a Great Deal on yours!

#7612 3 years ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Replaced the stock speakers with better ones today
Drilling out the hole took me a long time, but I did it accurately and I'm happy with the result.
Difference in sound:
-More bass
-Deeper sound, more 3d
-High sounds are nicer to listen to

Next up: new subwoofer

Thanks for sharing your opinion on these. I like to experiment with different speakers for same reason. I'd be curious to know what subs you choose.

I know the Pinwoofer kits use many of the PYLE speakers.

Kerry

2 weeks later
#7650 3 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

I just installed lenticular apron cards in my machine. I like the way they look, especially when looking from the side and walking past.

Very cool... I didn't know these lenticular cards existed. I'll need to look for them, as you mentioned.

I have a single lenticular card on my CFTBL. It's very cool.

Thanks for sharing them.

Kerry

#7676 3 years ago

I just wanted to share this and maybe get some feedback. Large stamped #'s on both Cabinet & backbox. I also just posted my own thread on it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-williams-large-heavy-stamped-s-in-cabinet-amp-backbox-

#7678 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Route operators regularly use metal stamps to identify their property.
Its helps a lot in the case of theft and is mandatory for insurance purposes.

pinballinreno... Thanks for the info. I didn't know that and have owned 250+ late B/W games. This is the first time I've seen this.

1 month later
#7881 3 years ago

Agreed... Be sure to paint the cabinet & head first. RadCals are slightly translucent and can allow the original artwork to show thru them.

Also, in doing so; you'll see any major imperfections in cab & head that may need a hit of putty and light sanding.

#7883 3 years ago

I agree... that is the best way to do it right.

I've done many cabinets the "right" way. RadCals allow the user to cut some corners. I just did my IJ with RadCals by cutting some corners:

hit entire cab with power sander (didn't remove decals to the wood)
hit visible areas with putty,
hit it again with sander,
paint,
light sanding,
touch-up putty,
light sanding of those areas
Install RadCals

1 month later
#7957 3 years ago

Ricochet... I'm in for 2 when they're available.

Thanks
Kerry

2 weeks later
#8055 2 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Still looking for a nice traslight and manual for Williams IJ

I have a real nice original translite... thinking of biting the bullet for a CPR repo. What's a fair price for mine?

1 month later
#8318 2 years ago

I've done 3 IJ's. All 3 with black armor. To me the brass look is to much on this title... just my .02's worth.

The yellow's & orange's (playfield & artwork) are very dominant thruout and the black edges / details in the artwork are sweet. With that said: I think the brass look is overpowering. The stainless steel (factory look: glass lock bar, gun & glass rails) is/was a cost cutter, back in 93'. This game would have been a Black Armor LE, all day long, IMO.

I'm going to do my current IJ with deep / rich decals. I've done RadCals on IJ. They do offer a slightly easier application, the gloss is really nice (if you like it, which I do), but the corners don't match up 100% to my liking. A little too think, so the joints are more noticeable.

My Votes are: I give RadCals a 10 for ease of installation and look (glossy). I give the original vibrant colored decals a 10 for tighter corners, the ability to decal under glass bar and more true to the factory decaled look.

IJ is an amazing game and I'm so glad there are guys making these amazing mods / improvements.

Kerry

#8321 2 years ago

Is there anyone out there still producing true to original silkscreen decals for IJ?

I got mine from Mirco. Don't know if they are original silkscreen. They sure look and feel like them.

#8327 2 years ago
Quoted from BurnDizzyBurn:

Thank you. How bad were the dust particles he talks about?

Not sure, I don't know anything about the dust particles.

#8328 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Kerry, any pics you could share regarding the radcals? (I'd be curious to see how things line up) I get what your saying about the corners tho with how the artwork is. I assume much easier to line things up just how you like it with decals.

Steve... the only picts I have are in an email I sent. They were deleted from my 35mm camera. If you PM, I can forward the email to you.

There is absolutely no lining up anything with RadCals. It's peel and stick. IJ artwork is notorious for being off for matching the front corners, same with RadCals. Unlike decals with artwork beyond the edges to trim off, you can get the corners match lined up closer.

Because the RadCals are thick, so the edge is more noticeable... I put masking tape on corners, right up to edges of front and side panels, then with paint brush, painted the void / edge with enamel black paint. That helped tremendously to hide the gap and the off white edges

Kerry

3 weeks later
#8513 2 years ago

I have both Mirco's RadCals and his Decals (both uninstalled). I'll try to take a picture of them side by side for color comparison.

BTW: I recently did a IJ cab with RadCals. I liked it a lot. However, I'm doing mine next and decided to purchase both sets (RadCals & decals). I'll decide which to install after my 3-4 other current projects get done.

Kerry

#8520 2 years ago

OK... I set up my folding table in driveway and took 4 pictures (RadCals vs Decals). These are both from Mirco

I have installed both RadCals and decals. What I like about RadCals is they are significantly easier to prep cabinet before installation (fill holes, sand and paint entire cabinet black). No removal of glass side rails. EZPZ peel and stick on.

There is an amazing glossy finish to them, however, it may not sit well with the purists. What I don't like about RadCals is the ability to move them to match the corner's front with sides. There is no trimming and IJ has front corners that need to be closely matching. Many originals are way off.

I will say pictures are hard to evalute. Especially with RadCals having a thin protective film on top you peel off after installation.

Hope this is helpful

DSCN9684 (resized).JPGDSCN9684 (resized).JPGDSCN9685 (resized).JPGDSCN9685 (resized).JPGDSCN9683 (resized).JPGDSCN9683 (resized).JPGDSCN9686 (resized).JPGDSCN9686 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#9086 2 years ago

Happy81724... are you painting over the original cab & head decals, before installation of RadCals?

#9089 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

No, just the edges if the rad cal isn’t quite flush. My buddy has done quite a few pins and basically all you have to do is make the cabinet flat so fill/sand any spots that are not but they can go right over existing art if it’s all smooth

I've done many RadCals. I wouldn't recommend going over existing side art w/o painting it a solid color. RadCals are somewhat transparent, so you'll be able to see the existing artwork under your new RadCals. There is a thread here on Pinside, actually discussing this done with an IJ RadCals. Once you stick them on, your screwed.

That thread is on RadCals, I don't think it's here in the IJ thread. You should read / see it.

Kerry

4 months later
#9397 2 years ago

I too bought the CPR mirrored BG. I pulled it and put my original translite back in.

For me, it was too dark and the almost reddish/orange didn't look right to me.

1 year later
#10320 1 year ago
Quoted from SFBP36:

Amana Tool - MR0105 Carbide Tipped Miniature Flush Trim 3/16 Dia x 7/16 x 1/8" Shank w https://a.co/d/5OpdsWz

This little tool is a game changer for those who try to hand cut the holes with a razor knife. You did a great job and painting the cab first eliminates any potential for the old art to bleed through.

Kerry

1 month later
#10477 1 year ago

Suggestion: Be sure to paint the cab & head before installing RadCals. They are somewhat transparent and will show original artwork thru them if you don't.

Also, I highly recommend this 1/8" flush cut router bit for button holes, shooter assembly vs. using a razor knife. I put it in my Dremmel tool and its clean & simple. You'll Thank me later.

https://www.amazon.com/Amana-MR0105-Miniature-Bearing-Carbide/dp/B00O4TFHJW/ref=sr_1_5

8 months later
#11277 3 months ago

I too purchased this mirrored version over a year ago. I felt is was way too dark / orange for my taste. I put my original translite back in too, for the same reasons.

#11281 3 months ago

I have original incandescents still in my game behind translite.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
14,000 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,419.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 85.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kerry_richard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=kerry_richard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.