20240320_235401 (resized).jpg
20240320_235329 (resized).jpg
20240320_224027 (resized).jpg
20240320_235312 (resized).jpg
20240320_235234 (resized).jpg
IMG_0746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0826 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jean-luc-picard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#201 9 years ago

Ahh I did not know we had a Williams IJ club... Just joined lol

#202 9 years ago

edit: resolved.

3 weeks later
#210 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Finally beat the mine cart!!!!!! Still no frog tho.

I was one lane left to complete the Cart Mode, and I forgot to hold down the button... I just pressed and let go and died. Was sooo upset. lol

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Just got my IJ. Wow. Sign me up for the club!!!

Let the modding begin lol

#215 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

You know, I don't think I want to mod mine other than adding the missing plastic with lighting.

IJ is one of those games I really like, as is. Well, I may do a custom paint on my Idol Ruins. They always looked a bit too plasticy.

Only mods I did are.

1. Lost plastic
2. Lost Plastic lights "not the stupid $50 board"
3. Chrome Caps + LED rings.
4. Lights under temple.
5. Silver pistol grips
6. Jackpot lights
7. Outlane lights
8. Painted propeller to match wood + motor so it spins. (Propeller on both planes)
9. Little Idol on mini adventure.
10. Lights under the mini-adventure.
11. Shaker Motor
12. colorDMD

Post edited by Jean-Luc-Picard: added #12 colorDMD

#217 9 years ago

Some of them are still in the mail But soon, I have top men working on it. Top... Men...

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I think the IJ video modes are going to be much more attractive once the color DMD is out. Keeping hope alive...

If I could get a confirmation that it WILL be made some day. I would buy the colorDMD right now. I really hope they do...

EDIT: Confirmed, Indiana Jones is next for colorDMD

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

I suppose that remains to be seen, since there is no official announcement. They did on TAF, but the lighting for it is already in place. With IJ, it's a modification that not everyone is brave enough to make.

In case anyone missed the puzzle colorDMD gave us. It is confirmed the next color DMD is Williams Indiana Jones. You can buy the SIGMA or any of the DMD's and add the code when it comes out.
287942-i.png287942-i.png
If you used the NOS light board, it is rather thin and should fit behind the colorDMD without any issues. The worst case we may have to modify the connector by adding an extension so the molex connector runs off the side to clear the monitor. But, I think they have spacers which may be enough anyway. Will find out soon, mine is in the mail.

Quoted from dluth:

Could you explain what number 2 is please?

You can buy the $50 led board that fits behind the bridge but it doesn't do a good job in my opinion. So, I used an LED strip from cometpinball then cut it till I had the desired light. Mounted that under the bridge. Then, wired a flex light behind the back mounted on the top edge of the wood and shine it behind the bridge. Looks really nice and lights up the back perfectly.

1 month later
#270 9 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

LEDs look great. Mine came with a shaker motor that I immediately removed. Hated it in IJ. And I love the shaker motor in my acdc

I just put a shaker in my IJ and love it. Why did you not like it?

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Anxious to hear the pros and cons on the shaker. I was going to put one in, but it doesn't sound like it's utilized well or often enough. Opinions?

It is used a lot. The gun, both ramps, captive ball, each time the relic turns as well other modes. When I added mine I had to tune it down so it wasn't so strong. Just adjusting the weights. I have one in my ST:TNG and it is way better in IJ. If anyone does not like the shaker, it must be set up wrong because it runs very well in IJ.

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Is there instructions somewhere on doing this install?

Was very easy. Here are photo instructions. http://mrtn.smugmug.com/Other/2010-12-19/15136381_xGrPrd#!i=1131676525&k=JWRrh6d

I assume you have the pinbits with the included shaker board? Before you mount the motor you may want to adjust weights otherwise the motor is very strong. If the weights are parallel you get the most. So you can slow it down by off setting one weight so it is not parallel.

#284 9 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Nope nothing yet, just beginning to look into this project.

Was cheaper at pinbits. Other sites had it marked about $100 higher. http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_29&products_id=494

#287 9 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

The shaker was possibly set up wrong. I just didn't like the sound or feel. I didn't feel organic like in my acdc. I sold the shaker. Love the machine !

It also needs the board that is designed for IJ and needs to be jacked into the right locations in order to get all the modes. Each machine as well its location its mounted will have different results. But I had to really tinker with the weights to get a real indy rumble vs a cement compactor. lol

Quoted from Endprodukt:

I'm working on a Pinsoundboard reorchestration for Indy. If anyone is interested, you can check out the first clips here: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=9#entry23

If you don't know what's Pinsounboard go to http://pinsound.org/

Hope you guys like it!

SWEEET! I will have my board in December. I bought it for my ST:25th "which isn't ready yet" because I have a failing soundboard. But I do plan on pulling it out a few times to swap them in other pins to hear the awesome work people are doing. Wish I could buy one for all my pins but... 1 will have to do for now.

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

This is my absolute grail pin that I will be buried in. There a crapload of mods out there for this pin. What is the best in terms of effects while playing. I see there is a shaker, what about some of the other ones that are hanging out on Ebay...blimp, plane with propeller, ark??

Top of my head:

- DMD panel light
- Color DMD
- LED pop rings
- Chrome IJ theme cap decals
- Idol / Stone topper
- Color changing LED behind the captive ball
- Green rubbers for the slings "look like vines"
- Super bands
- Post LED's "Flash when slings are hit"
- Mini Idol on the center post on the mini adventure PF.
- Mirror blades or Decals
- Shaker
- Lost plastic
- Lost plastic / Bridge lights *(DIY)
- Propeller motor *(DIY)
- Pistol grip *(DIY)
- Coin door decal
- Chrome door?
- Pinovators Headphone jack "also for external speakers"
- LED's behind the relic.*(DIY)
- Custom painted planes / new models
- IJ Saw Blade
- IJ Tank
- IJ Motorcycle
- IJ Grail
- IJ Blimp
- IJ Ark
- Metal decals "stone"
- Pinsound board with new audio

#291 9 years ago

(7) Step Quick Start Guide
http://www.pinsound.org/quickstart-guide/

PinSound Studio Demo

#293 9 years ago

Not sure why I never posted this to the IJ club. Topper I made.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-custom-idol-stone-topper

topper.jpgtopper.jpg
302686.jpg302686.jpg

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Does anybody know if all the reorchestrations are done for PinSounds on IJ? It looks like they're still working on it on their website. If anybody has one and has feedback I'd love to hear it. Don't want to buy an incomplete product.

The product is the board which is complete. The sounds are open source and will always be on going. Anyone can make "re-orchestrations" or add your own sound.

5 months later
#513 8 years ago

FINALLY!!!! I know, its just 29.2m over factory GC. But, still was a good game.

GRAND CHAMPIONGRAND CHAMPION

1 week later
#521 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thanks looks like a lot of work. Any IJ owners instsll lost plastic? Pain level ?

It's a bit of a task but not that bad. However, the added thickness of the plastic will push the ramp further out which will then make the ball lock not line up. I had to drill the ball lock hole a bit larger so it would not rub on the edge.

#523 8 years ago

Think the acrylic base needs a little work and polish.

#525 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yeah, it's a "prototype" it will be cleaned up.

Then you should list that you are selling the unfinished prototype in your ad.

#527 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Cleaned up edges...

I meant the cut quality. The mod's people want to put in IJ need to be very polished since the game is a work of art. You could make a jig and use a router, sorta a DIY CNC machine. Or just a steady hand on a bandsaw then a sanding dremel-bit to polish the edges.

1 month later
#551 8 years ago

double post....

#552 8 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Ever have any issues transporting them upright like that? I always lie them flat but its tough to get 2 in the back of my truck.

I think the cabinets are designed to transport this way. But, I cringe not seeing cardboard or foam between the head and cab/rails. As well no cardboard between the strap and machine. I just brought home a JM today and I had enough cardboard wrapped around that thing to make a fort.

1 week later
#561 8 years ago

That's $3 mod. Its only LED strips. Dont waste your money, just do your own from comet. Takes a few mins.

#565 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ok - that's what I figured. Thanks captain!

I used the "Warm" 7-SMD strips. http://www.cometpinball.com/6-3-V-Plug-Play-Strips-Comet-Pinball-p/6.3vsmdstrips.htm Just make sure you only use the clamps for testing, solder it to the GI when you are done. These clamps can fall off and short things out.

#566 8 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

you finally got your JM...congrats.....time for a pinball party

And a JD a few days later I am maxed out till next year(ish) I managed to arrange my collection to fit 2 more pins so my Max number is 15. However the arcade and house are still undergoing renovation. Not sure when that will be finished, one thing at a time. House warming party several years after we move in. lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels
Other
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toppers
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Wanted
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jean-luc-picard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=jean-luc-picard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.