20240320_235401 (resized).jpg
20240320_235329 (resized).jpg
20240320_224027 (resized).jpg
20240320_235312 (resized).jpg
20240320_235234 (resized).jpg
IMG_0746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0826 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazzbouche.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3936 5 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

[quoted image]

Nice work Man - looks great!

#3937 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Oddly enough, I too am making these rails, but a sculpted, modded version (been slowly working on the project in some form since Oct. [already have a working mold and cast of the original rails, and should have something to show soon]). Crazy multiple modders seem to be on something similar at once, but it is good for the hobby as these rails are unobtanium (fortunately I've had a couple Pinsiders helping me with the project).

Awesome - Can't wait to see what you're working on!!!

1 week later
#3939 5 years ago

Hey Guys and Girls,
I've been working on some new Pop bumper caps for Indy. These incorporate the idol from raiders, the sankara stones, and the grail (plus grail tablet). The items light up by the pop bumper lamps below. These examples are painted to have a realistic 'ruins' look, but I'll also be exploring a transparent more colourful set which radiate the light more (think red, green and yellow transparent bumpers, but with the MacGuffins on top).
These simply replace your existing bumper caps. They will cost £120 for the set. I'm taking orders for the 'ruin' look now, and will update you all on the transparent sets as I get them. Let me know if you're interested.
Cheers

IMG_9842 (resized).JPGIMG_9842 (resized).JPGIMG_9843 (resized).JPGIMG_9843 (resized).JPGIMG_9844 (resized).JPGIMG_9844 (resized).JPGIMG_9847 (resized).JPGIMG_9847 (resized).JPGIMG_9854 (resized).JPGIMG_9854 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#4059 5 years ago

Hey all, I had some friends over last night for pin time, and Indy was playing up a little. It kept going in to test mode randomly after a ball had drained, and also occasionally when just left Unplayed for a while. I haven’t been able to replicate the issue since. I have a pinsound recently installed and am wondering if it’s to do with power supply? Any thoughts? Like I say, I’m struggling to get it to do it again, which is why I wonder if it was due to being on and played longer than usual, and therefore some kind of power supply or spiking issue.
Appreciate any suggestions.

#4071 5 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets
http://tpf.kahr.us/
Check out the pinwiki link. May be time to replace caps/br, but I would check for good connections to the powerboard and ribbon cables (if old, replace those first and make sure seated well). Try some simple stuff first. You can also grab a kahr gizmo that will stop the resets, but not solve any underlying issue, I have done that and it works well, but the problem still would need to be resolved. If you have access to another pcb that matches from another game, swap it out and see if you have the resets. Check for cracks in the solder, burnt idc, good connection of idc wires, etc. Depending on skill level, you may want to elect to send board out for repair, but it may take a while. Fyi, my CV board would reset after hitting both flippers at the same time, so you may to try that to reproduce the reset, and the interval between resets tended to get faster the longer the game was on. It’s a great game and if you plan on having it a long time, you may even consider a new rottendog board, and get the original board repaired, so you have a backup in the future. Good luck and be patient to find the culprit.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Try reseating the Z-connector

Thanks Guys - looks like I have some hours of fault-finding ahead of me! Great!!

#4083 5 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Game_resets
http://tpf.kahr.us/
Check out the pinwiki link. May be time to replace caps/br, but I would check for good connections to the powerboard and ribbon cables (if old, replace those first and make sure seated well). Try some simple stuff first. You can also grab a kahr gizmo that will stop the resets, but not solve any underlying issue, I have done that and it works well, but the problem still would need to be resolved. If you have access to another pcb that matches from another game, swap it out and see if you have the resets. Check for cracks in the solder, burnt idc, good connection of idc wires, etc. Depending on skill level, you may want to elect to send board out for repair, but it may take a while. Fyi, my CV board would reset after hitting both flippers at the same time, so you may to try that to reproduce the reset, and the interval between resets tended to get faster the longer the game was on. It’s a great game and if you plan on having it a long time, you may even consider a new rottendog board, and get the original board repaired, so you have a backup in the future. Good luck and be patient to find the culprit.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Try reseating the Z-connector

Okay, so I've been running some tests and seem to have a strong enough connection between Power and Driver board (only a 0.02 VDC drop). So next step was testing Bridge Rectifier and Capacitors. Caps seemed ok at 250mV AC, BUT...the Bridge Rectifier was coming in at 11V when it should've been 9V. This seems weird! If it was duff it should be showing about 7V so I don't understand why it would be higher than 9. Any thoughts? From what I could see, the positive lead of BR2 (which is what i was measuring) did seem to have a slightly solder connection - but would this cause an increase in voltage? And how would this in turn lead to a drop below 5V elsewhere. I'm confused. Any help much appreciated.
Thanks!

#4084 5 years ago

^That should read 'slightly SUSPECT solder connection'^

1 week later
#4120 5 years ago

Hey Everyone, a quick update on the bumper caps: I have the printed transparent versions I wanted to test with. The results are interesting (see attached, alongside painted versions for the comparison). The material is quite sparkly which gives a nice effect, but the quality isn't what I would consider particularly good (but once in the machine would probably be fine). It lights up quite well though (haven't been able to put in my machine yet as have been dealing with unsound and 5V issues). I'd be interested to get any thoughts. I have another idea on how to get a coloured transparent version which I'll try too.
Cheers.

IMG_0595 (resized).JPGIMG_0595 (resized).JPGIMG_9844 (resized).JPGIMG_9844 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#4308 4 years ago

A quick update for those that have been asking regarding the pop bumper caps. Here are the transparent versions in situ. I personally really like them, but it depends if you're going for the realistic ruins look or not. The material on these prints isn't ideal, but it seems good enough once in the pin.
I have one more material test to do for a solid 'rock grey' and 'stone brown'. After that I will open these up as 3 versions: Painted Ruins (highest cost), solid colour, transparent colours.
A bunch of you have already messaged me - I will get back to you all once I have the final material tests done, and am ready to output the different batches.
Thanks!

IMG_1094 (resized).jpgIMG_1094 (resized).jpgIMG_1096 (resized).jpgIMG_1096 (resized).jpgIMG_1099 (resized).jpgIMG_1099 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

... just got my IJ playfield restoration approval pics from captainneo
HOLY $H1T!!!! It looks AWESOME!!!! So pleased and so very excited to get this re-build going! Going to be perfect timing... a great fall/winter project!

Awesome - Please post your progress! I have a Kruzman play field which I'm trying to find time to swap over. I kind of want to hit it in one go rather than small evenings here and there. Time is always the issue!

1 month later
#4768 4 years ago

Hey Everyone,
I have the final designs for the 'Macguffin' Bumper Caps. There are a few colour options and all details can be found on this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-pop-bumper-cap-ruins#post-5189003
I'm assembling the batch list now, so final call for any orders.
Thanks

IMG_2090 (resized).jpgIMG_2090 (resized).jpgIMG_2091 (resized).jpgIMG_2091 (resized).jpgIMG_2095 (resized).jpgIMG_2095 (resized).jpgIMG_2103 (resized).jpgIMG_2103 (resized).jpgIMG_2124 2 (resized).jpgIMG_2124 2 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#4882 4 years ago

Hi all,
My mini playfield just started stuttering when moved to the left. Does the same in switch tests. Having done a quick search on here it looks like the culprit will either be POA optos or flipper optos (or both). Any recommendations on how to proceed. I’m also not sure where the opto boards are on the POA!
Thanks for any help.

#4889 4 years ago

Thanks guys - much appreciated. I’ll sort the opto board. With the effort of getting the POA out I might as well swap in a new component.
Cheers

4 months later
#5646 3 years ago

Hi All - hope you're all safe and well. Been working on something new, but ground to a halt as now don't have access to the printers. So that means testing
So far it's working great and is very robust. I've strengthened the ribs down the back, so it should be stronger than the originals. I'll continue testing and report back.

Also - all my switches down the right side of my POA are out - plus the switch on the right hand ramp. This happened a little while back and I'm sure I fiddled with the ramp switch and everything started working again, but not this time - and advice on next steps?

IMG_3598 (resized).jpgIMG_3598 (resized).jpgIMG_3605 (resized).jpgIMG_3605 (resized).jpg
#5657 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks...he has two on the pin sound website...just curious which one...

When I got mine from him he told me that the versions on Pinsound were not from him and were adapted versions from someone. Worth contacting him direct to check.

5 months later
#6536 3 years ago

Hi All,
I made a small new batch of 5 of the ruins bumper caps sets. I have two sets that are unclaimed and therefore up for sale. I plan to ship on Wednesday, so if anyone would like to buy a set give me a shout.
Cheers

IMG_5062 (resized).jpegIMG_5062 (resized).jpeg
#6537 3 years ago

Finally figured out the drop target 'ruins'. been testing these all summer so I know they are robust. Any interest? Not sure on prices yet. I might need to tweak them to make sure they will work with Cliffys in place so they're not ready yet anyway, but thought I'd see what you guys all think.

IMG_4446 (resized).jpegIMG_4446 (resized).jpegIMG_4452 (resized).jpgIMG_4452 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6643 3 years ago

Hey guys - in case anyone is interested I have one set of these left now and am hoping to ship a bunch of things mid next week. No plans to make any more any time soon.
Give me a shout if interested. Cheers

IMG_5270 (resized).jpgIMG_5270 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#7504 3 years ago

Hey Guys - I've been working on a topper some of you may be interested in checking out. I'm really pleased with how it's come out and will be offering a small batch run once finalised the details.
separate thread created here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-topper-1#post-6020037

DSC07015 (resized).JPGDSC07015 (resized).JPGIMG_5695 (resized).jpgIMG_5695 (resized).jpgIMG_5698 (resized).jpgIMG_5698 (resized).jpgIMG_5700 (resized).jpgIMG_5700 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#8273 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM EXCLUSIVE: Elite Indiana Jones Pinball Topper 24K GOLD!

I like how it's Metal - But the design's not quite there though (for me) in terms of authenticity...ask me how I know
I like my Ark more life size - see below! But it doesn't smoke.

IMG_5695 (resized).jpgIMG_5695 (resized).jpgIMG_5698 (resized).jpgIMG_5698 (resized).jpg
#8280 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Very nice...did u make that yourself? If so well done

I did indeed, thank you.
Development thread and latest updates (plus future plans) are here if you’re interested:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-topper-1

1 week later
#8353 2 years ago

Hey all, I have an annoying issue just cropped up with my IJ: ‘sound board interface error’. Seems like a tricky one from what Ive read up on it. I’ve reseated the ribbon cables and thought I’d solved it with a few long games where it didn’t happen, but it’s back! Particularly seems to happen in when I get in the mode start and I press both flippers at the same time. I have pinsound in there, if it’s of any relevance. Any help or pointers much appreciated.

Also I have an STTNG if useful to swap bits over for diagnosis at all. Thanks.

#8356 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

This appears to be digital error. If it were me, I'd swap the ribbon cables one by one with STTNG (which I think has the same ribbon cables, both being WPC-DCS), power up and see what happens. (As you go along inspect each header for bent pins as well.) If you think you have found the culprit cable keep in in play for as long necessary to convince yourself you've found it. After that, swap it back to verify the problem re-appears. It may take awhile.
I've gone through this more than once and sometimes there is no substitute for a shiny new set of ribbon cables.
There are probably others who can get into a lot more detail / accuracy, or provide a better sequence for debug but I though I'd chime in.
Good luck!
PinWoofer

Thanks Man! Probably wouldn't hurt to get a new set of ribbon cables and cut to the chase (I haven't looked at the cost yet though )
Cheers

5 months later
#9221 2 years ago

Hi All,
I've had a fair bit of interest in another batch of ruin bumper caps, and am pulling together a small batch now for anyone interested. I'll post updates on the thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-pop-bumper-cap-ruins
Thanks

IMG_0403 (resized).jpegIMG_0403 (resized).jpegIMG_0405 (resized).jpegIMG_0405 (resized).jpegIMG_0406 (resized).jpegIMG_0406 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#9231 2 years ago

Hi All, Just wanted to share latest mod I've been working on: 'Staff of Ra_Light Jackpot' mod. Few more details on the thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-pop-bumper-cap-ruins/page/2#post-6659007
Basically - I wanted to get the headpiece onto the play field somewhere that made sense and I felt that in the movie it kinda lights the jackpot up by illuminating the location of the Ark, so felt like a good fit. Let me know if interested.
Cheers!

IMG_0544 (resized).jpegIMG_0544 (resized).jpegIMG_0545 (resized).jpegIMG_0545 (resized).jpegIMG_0554 (resized).jpegIMG_0554 (resized).jpegIMG_0556 (resized).jpegIMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
#9234 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Looks great.
Remove the upper jack pot text, It reads lock pot as it stands.
I would just remove it as its redundant anyway.

Good spot. Yeah the original idea was to have that text light up, but it was just way too small. Will look into updating it. Thanks

#9235 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

did you make the ruins as well? and the path of adventure rails?

The pop bumper ruins yes, the path of adventure no, that was a medisynl mod from a few years ago.

#9243 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Looks good. Would it be possible to make without the rectangular backing and just have the medallion? Also, would this interfere with the miniplayfield motion? It looks very nice. I love the pop bumper caps.

It needs the backing section as that slides over the existing plastic and hides it. So far in my machine there’s no issues with the mini playfield, and I have a thicker sculpted set of rails on, so it should be fine with the standard ones.

#9244 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Looks good. Would it be possible to make without the rectangular backing and just have the medallion? Also, would this interfere with the miniplayfield motion? It looks very nice. I love the pop bumper caps.

I’ll double check the mini playfield though. I didn’t notice any issues but now you’ve got me questioning myself!!!

#9251 2 years ago

Made some updates based on the comments. New version is taller, but still has plenty of clearance from the glass. Better clearance from the mini play-field (although the old one was fine too, this one has more room on mine which should mean better on all machines). Let me know any thoughts. Still a little time to make tweaks.

IMG_0578 (resized).jpegIMG_0578 (resized).jpegIMG_0593 (resized).jpegIMG_0593 (resized).jpeg
#9254 2 years ago

On a different topic, I've been having 'Sound board interface error' messages pop up intermittently (Changed all the ribbon cables etc), and decided to poke around my pinside to see if it's that. I updated the firmware and it stopped reading the endprodukt sound files on the usb drive. Since then I can't get it to read the files. It will work if I download a different Indy sound package from the website, so it must be something to do with the files or the usb drive (I'm guessing). Has anyone else encountered this? Thanks.

#9256 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It might have to do with weak 5v circuit.
This has happened quite a bit.
Rebuilding the power supply elements might be in order, or send the board out for repair.

urghh...I've had this niggling concern it might be this. Would that affect the pinsound at all? Really annoying I can't get it to read the sound files that it used to pick up fine.

#9258 2 years ago
Quoted from shepP:

If it has been a long time since you have updated your firmware the problem might lie with the original files. They changed file organization awhile back so older copies of mixes won't work unless they are updated/converted to the new organization. If you redownload the endproukt mix it "should" have been updated to the new file format.

That would make sense. I haven’t updated firmware in years. I thought the version accredited to him on their site was one that he disowned though? Will message him and ask.

Thanks, I think this is the issue.

3 weeks later
#9305 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Jazzbouche any update on the jackpot medallion?

Yes - just finalising the batch that I had hoped to ship this week. Hopefully I can justify the slight delay to everyone as I increased the medallion resolution by using a resin print (really pleased with it) and added the crystal eye. Very happy with the results - had to print a few extra for some last minute orders. Will post some pics either later today or tomorrow.

#9322 2 years ago
Quoted from etien:

First l like it a lot and will most certainly purchase end of moth bank account permitting
Following my previous remark on lior mod realism vs the pinball original comic strip aesthetic, I wonder if a version with more “flashy” color would fit better. For example a “sun set” background ( similar to the original plastic ) instead of the old wood. Or the overall symbol in bright gold instead of a used one.

Yes I've been wondering how to do a more image based version that aligns with the play field graphics. I had something in mind, which I may do a test on at some point. For now I try to paint all my mods in a light sandstone so they add realism but don't darken the play field too much.

#9324 2 years ago

As promised, a final update. You can see the increase in detail on the medallion compared to the previous version. I'm really pleased with this. For those that have messaged in the last few days, I'll reply to you asap, but please know that I've seen your messages. I'm just trying to get some extras made to accommodate recent additional interest.

IMG_0928 2 (resized).jpegIMG_0928 2 (resized).jpegIMG_0929 2 (resized).jpegIMG_0929 2 (resized).jpeg
#9326 2 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Nice job. Looks like the upper part is not FDM process.

Correct - SLA print.
The rest is FDM.
Once in the machine the medallion is the main focus so I wanted it to be the best it can be.

1 month later
#9462 2 years ago

Hey All,
I shared my Jackpot mod a while back (now closed that batch, but if interested drop me a message and I'll add you to a possible wait list), and some of the feedback made me want to try out a more colourful version that matches the playfield and the stock sign but still has the medallion. here's what I came up with - interested to know what people that aren't into the 'ruins look' feel about this design. Cheers

IMG_1263 (resized).jpegIMG_1263 (resized).jpegIMG_1265 (resized).jpegIMG_1265 (resized).jpegIMG_1266 (resized).jpegIMG_1266 (resized).jpegIMG_1269 (resized).jpegIMG_1269 (resized).jpeg
#9467 2 years ago

yeah, the intention is definitely to explore two contrasting versions. I also like the ruins look, but I can totally understand those that don't and wanted to explore some more colourful versions that mesh with the playfield graphics more. Personally I feel that the Williams IJ design allows for both as you have this bright popping playfield with retro graphics, but they also put in the rocky moulded piece on the side and the high detail rotating head too - so it allows for expanding on both design styles (IMO). Either way - keep the comments coming, and if anyone is interested in the colourful 'classic' version then message me and I'll put you on a list. If I get enough interest I may run a batch out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Wanted
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazzbouche.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=jazzbouche and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.