IMG_2559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazc4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#690 8 years ago

After 6 years I'm back in the club. Game should be here in a week or two. It's got the usual faded decals, but plays 100%. I'm going to play it like crazy until I finish my STTNG restore. Then Indy will get the treatment it deserves. Can't wait to cheat Shorty.

6 years later
#9227 2 years ago
Quoted from ptolemy:

Posting this in case others can benefit. Awhile back I put in a Pin2DMD into my IJ and the glare on the glass is pretty bad. Picked up one of these from Comet pinball https://www.cometpinball.com/products/dmd-glare-eliminators?_pos=1&_sid=82d8a732f&_ss=r figuring for $14.95 it was worth a gamble. Best $14.95 I've spent in a long time.. lol Before and after pics posted for comparison.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I agree. Great product.

1 month later
#9312 2 years ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Hey guys! I just did a Video review/install for the Art of pinball ruins kit, go check it out if your thinking about buying a kit for your machine.

I would buy the ruins and the POA part but I'm not interested in the rest. Too bad they insist on selling as a whole set.

9 months later
#9982 1 year ago
Quoted from Joost996me:

Just received a Comet Pinball Led kit, flashers included. Can't wait for some time to install it. Think it will increase the brightness, visability and fun for my good old Indy!

If you don't mind please post a few pics. I'm thinking about putting LED's in to my IJ soon.

#9992 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

GI OCD helps:
1. To provide proper dimming effect for GI strings
2. To dim backbox light once the game is started (in order to avoid glare off the glass)
3. To eliminate 50-60 Hz flickers
If there is no dimming effect in Indy, I would not pay $165 plus shipping + VAT for #2.
#3 is addressed with latest LED's.
For other titles with lot's of dimming like TZ, Addams it makes sense of course. On the other hand, Afterglow GI board is also able to provide dimming for LED's - with a much lower price.

Where can you get the Afterglow board?

#10004 1 year ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Speaker grilles are upside down. That's gotta knock at least 10k off the price.

It’s a nice looking IJ, but that black trimmed IJ that HEP did recently was awesome.

2 months later
#10139 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

This obvious HUO example with factory thumb wear patina on the coin slots needed very little in the way of rehab. This was one of those legless project pins that popped up on facebook in STL over the summer.
Just a few odds and ends and it's completed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love the black armor.

2 months later
#10467 1 year ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

Anyone looking for a Pin2DMD for Indy? My customer decided to go LCD and I now have a brand new spare that is activated and ready to go along with power cable. $315 shipped. Thanks!

PM sent

1 week later
#10498 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Want to share some pics of my new Indy. After a 3 year hiatus, rejoined the club for awhile with this beauty restored by Chris at High End Pins. It’s one of those early models with the chrome POA rails. My 4-year-old likes it because he can get multiball pretty easily. I traded my first Indy too quickly and never explored the modes or reached the wizard mode. Hope to this time![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think he documented this game. He does beautiful work.

4 months later
#10809 7 months ago
Quoted from PolePosition:

Who makes the best IJ cabinet decals these days, or is it even available? Any recent experience/feedback is appreciated, Thanks!
I was orignally thinking radcals, but have since changed my mind, and want to keep the original look if decent decals can be sourced.

I bought Road SHow, Johnny Mnemonic, and Gilligans Island decals from Pinball Decals Eu and they were awesome. I bet the IJ are too.

#10817 7 months ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

If they look anything like their pics the colors are way off

I don't know about IJ, but RS, JM, and GI and dead on. They are vibrant, and the decals lay down well. They have just enough thickness that they help with wood grain show through.

#10821 7 months ago
Quoted from radium:

Glad you mentioned them, I had not heard of them. I have several sets from a different source in Europe and they’ve been great except for one translite where the colors were off (but they fixed and replaced). I’m not sure who I’ll use for IJ, I want them to be perfect.
I really want to try the glitter decals from Outside Edge for my WH2O build but they are expensive as hell.

Those Outside Edge glitter decals look awesome.

1 week later
#10825 7 months ago
Quoted from Lamonsoff:

I bought Taxi decals from these guys and they were horrible. Images weren’t sharp, colours were way way off. No response when I pointed these out. Horrible customer service.

Sorry to hear that. To date I've only had good results from them.

1 month later
#10936 5 months ago

SOLD I was doing a repair on my IJ and found a Pin Gizmos Lost Plastic Lighting Kit. It’s complete and never installed. I bought it many years ago in anticipation of my IJ purchase. The game I bought ended up already having it. It’s been in the bag in the cabinet since. All instructions and template guide included.

$30 shipped in the US.

IMG_9768 (resized).jpegIMG_9768 (resized).jpeg

#10939 5 months ago
Quoted from Phoerber:

I have a brand new Pin2DMD for INDY licensed and activated with color files onboard. Comes with z-connector and power cables as well. Plug and Play.
$285 shipped priority mail.
PM if interested.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I bought one of these from this seller and it is awesome! The colors are amazing and the installation is easy. The seller even called me and helped make sure I installed it correctly.

1 week later
#11030 5 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

I am going to place an order at Pinball Center tomorrow. Let me know if you need the gun trigger.
All you have to pay is the part, and the shipping (Hungary-USA, ~$15).

PM sent

4 weeks later
#11096 4 months ago

Here ya go. I haven't started my restoration yet so they wait. The colors are vibrant. The material is sturdy. They look even nicer in person. I bought some for Gilligan too and they are nice. I can definitely recommend for IJ and GI.

IMG_0088 (resized).jpegIMG_0088 (resized).jpegIMG_0089 (resized).jpegIMG_0089 (resized).jpegIMG_0090 (resized).jpegIMG_0090 (resized).jpeg
#11115 4 months ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Just checked and they are holding up great. I don’t recall mine coming in wrinkled.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the cool stickers on your path of adventure?

#11159 4 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

I played a buddy’s IJ this weekend and he had added a red LED under the mode start saucer. I thought it looked great so I added a comet fire LED attached to a pipe steel hanger strap. The fire effect makes it look like lava from the Temple of Doom. For those of you who haven’t seen the fire LEDs, they are flat and easy to add to nooks and crannies, and the color rotates between red, white, and orange creating a fire effect.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing. Definitely going on my IJ.

3 weeks later
#11254 3 months ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I'm probably in the minority here, but I didn't care for the backglass. It's pretty dark and the silver mirror effect doesn't look right. It would have been a better fit if it was gold.

I can understand this. Although I do really like the IJ mirrored, I don't like the LOTR mirrored at all for the same reasons you listed.

1 week later
#11295 3 months ago
Quoted from rx3:

$5495 firm? That's double what I paid for my whole IJ machine back in 2004. Prices have gone insane. Good luck with your sale, though.

I could see $1500-$2000. Heck if I had the money I'd pay $2000 for that playfield.

4 weeks later
#11392 65 days ago
I have that one. It looks fine. But it will look better when I repaint the ruins around it. My current ruins are original.

1 week later
#11431 57 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Man they should re-run these.[quoted image]

YES!

#11476 52 days ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Comet always sends little candies with their orders. My kids ate them quick hahaha
Yeah so far most of the dirt isn't really coming off. Just the surface stuff and maybe a bit more.

Nobody gets a chance to get the candy in mine. AS soon as I open the box I eat it. The trick is to open the box when no one is around!

3 weeks later
#11546 30 days ago
Quoted from zimzam:

Anyone willing to measure the placement of the gun handle on their IJ? I just need the measurement to the gun itself from the side and from the top (without lock-bar) of the cabinet.
Thanks
Chip

I can when I get home. I have an IJ cabinet I'll be decaling.

#11547 30 days ago
Quoted from zimzam:

Anyone willing to measure the placement of the gun handle on their IJ? I just need the measurement to the gun itself from the side and from the top (without lock-bar) of the cabinet.
Thanks
Chip

I hope I understood correctly. If this isn’t what you meant just let me know and I’ll take more.

IMG_0746 (resized).jpegIMG_0746 (resized).jpegIMG_0749 (resized).jpegIMG_0749 (resized).jpeg
#11561 28 days ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Got IJ all back together tonight. Man it's great. Bright. Colorful. And man it's fun to play. Looks even better now I think. The lights and decals really bring it to life. With 2 coats of wax after a deep clean it plays great.
Except.... I installed the cliffy mode start backstop bumper thing. It sucks. It just rejects. It won't allow the shot. I took it all apart (and if you've ever done this you know it's a HUGE pain. You have to remove the POA!), took the part off, bent it back, reinstalled everything and it still just rejected.
I'll put some time into bending the side rail as well as the backstop and/or just put the stock one in with some electric tape around it to deaden the shot a tad. I think the rubber piece is overkill.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those decals make a huge difference.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
12,500 (OBO)
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazc4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=jazc4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.