Topic Stats

• 4,825 posts
  • 396 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by KornFreak28
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,599 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

917ECE83-3109-4225-AEE9-84C480CB0C08 (resized).jpeg
46914232-1815-40BB-9333-951DCCC48D73 (resized).jpeg
90CEF4CF-B0BE-4D53-81DE-CC077AE98A52 (resized).jpeg
A267B015-A397-473C-972F-F5BC78F15A05 (resized).jpeg
DSCN4928 (resized).JPG
DSCN4924 (resized).JPG
F31487F9-02AD-4737-B2A3-AB998BA7D075 (resized).jpeg
53A4A204-328D-46E2-B5D5-AA7C42AAC962 (resized).jpeg
CCCAA565-3D31-4435-A8E5-995C2FDEF470 (resized).jpeg
E84F67CD-4DB5-49C8-9E0B-2070B4E339A1 (resized).jpeg
40CB038B-2C28-40D1-B42B-33F8E983F435 (resized).jpeg
821AD53A-1D2B-4FB1-8EC6-3BD538802C40 (resized).jpeg
3AEC8BA3-3787-4F03-A4EE-5A774FC4E4C1 (resized).jpeg
9930169A-8F2B-4C8F-9BEF-79EF26A4A991 (resized).jpeg
DSCN4778 (resized).JPG
DSCN4780 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4344 4 months ago

Joining up! Let the adventure begin!
B591526A-5D42-4762-BC6F-E3899E351E11 (resized).jpeg

#4349 4 months ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Heads up if you are planning on buying the Marcos planes, the green one is total garbage. The white plane isn’t bad but your better off buying the modded ones. Fan of Marcos generally but this looks like a kindergartener painted it while playing with a kitten.
I put the originals for comparison
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that is poor.

#4374 4 months ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I know him. Friends boss so legit. Not sure he will look up prices. Am I a bad person for biting my lip?

If you ask him what he wants and he gives you an amount, no.

If you asks you and you understate the value, then yeah kinda.

#4379 4 months ago

How much does it cost?

#4381 4 months ago

Maybe put a yellow gel between the lamp and the plastic?

I’d love to see a few pix of how you installed it. I really want to do this mod on my IJ.

#4384 4 months ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

The lamp board screws into the back of the speaker panel. Just make sure the lights on the board are centered on each cutout and screw it down. Once connector goes to 133 and the other to 138.[quoted image]

You had to cut the board tho right?

#4389 4 months ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

And what’s the word with these jackpot boards fitting in when a color dmd is installed?

They’ll fit fine with a LED in the stock position, but with an LCD you need to install it offset to accomodate the board and then change the display position in the settings.

#4393 4 months ago

Dude those are SO DOPE.

#4398 4 months ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

What would the bottom number be then. I have been out of the game for about 10 years. I am recently back and I am still trying to nail down the market. Is the bottom 4K? 6K? I welcome ideas on price. Let’s say it is in good condition but some wear.

You don’t see IJs go under 6k too often these days, unless they’re legit basket cases. If you can get into a working one for 5k I’d feel like you did really well.

To be totally honest in your situation I don’t think I’d feel one bit guilty about a starting offer of 4k and just seeing where it goes.

#4408 4 months ago

It doesn’t come with a lift trim?? That’s unfortunate.

I really want these for my IJ and TZ.

#4423 4 months ago

Does it make a big difference once installed? I’d love to see some before/after pix.

#4437 4 months ago

Those look really cool!

#4442 4 months ago

I’d rather see sweet sweet steel than stickers. That said tho, I have seen at least a picture of the POA bypass lane with the decals, and have to admit it didn’t look bad. At $35 they’re probably worth a try, I just wonder how they wear.

1 week later
#4456 3 months ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

It has arrived - Thanks davi [quoted image]

That’s awesome!!

1 week later
#4478 3 months ago

It’s so far out of the roll path of the ball I seriously doubt it’s having any effect.

I’d make sure that the mechanism there is moving freely.

#4488 3 months ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Looking for comments in regard to this German imported IJ that is for sale locally (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80551) . Any issues with imports? I would be asking for more pics. Appreciate any thoughts or questions that should I should ask the seller.

Looks like a nice game to me, but I’d like to see a lower PF pic, especially if you’re wear sensitive. Still at a decent price a little wear might be okay, and that’s a pretty good price on an IJ, well below pinside values.

The cab is faded, which is common, and the German fighter isn’t in the right spot, but that’s easily corrected. The ruins are busted at the rear mount, that’s common too. Some guys make some High dollar replacements. I used a couple washers on mine, lol.

The import thing is no biggie, it’s the same game built in the same place, it just travelled a little. It’s basically just a jumper wire on the transformer that you change to get it back to US voltage, and as the guy has had it for a while I’m sure it was done. Swap the coin door and no one will ever even know.

This feels like a if you want it go get it deal to me. Good luck!

#4494 3 months ago

C13E6F33-5BC3-4B6C-89EB-6F3CB53D03EC (resized).jpeg
#clubfade

#4499 3 months ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

A quick update to my post. He would not send anymore photos of the pin so I offered 5,800 and he responded with 6,200 and said there was no play field wear, so I gambled....and lost. My total 5 hour round trip end with 2 cracks (about 5/8" long and as you ran your finger along, was lifting up on both edges) in the play field below the left and right flipper and a good chip by Shorty. He was a nice older gentleman, acted surprised to what we pointed out but his pics avoided that area. He never cleaned or waxed in 15 years (gasp) and it showed. I walked away, but wanted to save that pin from more abuse...sorry Dr. Jones.

$6200 ain’t bad...

#4501 3 months ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

True, I just desire a play field in better condition and I am willing to pay more if needed. The plus was that the battery's were moved...

I get it. You don’t want to have to see that damage every time you look at the flippers.

Also IJ doesn’t have repro PFs (yet?) and PF restos are expensive and they take a long time.

Good luck with the search man, sorry it wasted a day for you. Yeah I sure didn’t like that there was no lower PF pic...

1 week later
#4538 3 months ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I purchased my INDIANA JONES about 4 months ago. Love it. Was playing beautifully until a few weeks ago when the 3-ball JACKPOT multi-ball (that comes down from the gold idol on the right-hand side), started getting stuck/pushed back in the "metal swing" that leads the balls to the flippers. Nowadays, 2 out of every 3 balls coming down from the idol get "pushed backwards" and into the outlane and drain. VEEEEERY frustrating. The swing itself doesn't seem to be the issue, as it's swinging very freely.
I'm not a techie by any means but has someone encountered this before? What should I try to do to resolve this issue?[quoted image][quoted image]

Huh, it all looks right to me (comparing it to my game anyways).

I’d make sure you have enough slope on the game first.

Right above the “narrow escape” star post there is a metal rail the ball rolls against. Maybe try adjusting that downward a little... it doesn’t take much so don’t go nuts, just a little tweak. The ball should pretty much just drop out of the idol lock and roll through the gate and right down the inlane to the flipper.

#4544 89 days ago
Quoted from gac:

I wonder if the curve at the end of the lane guide could be bent up a little. This would make the ball go through the gate without hitting the post.

That’s what I’m thinking.

The balls will always come down fast (thanks gravity) but you want the feed out of the idol down the ramp through the gate to the right flipper to be smooth. You shouldn’t have all that post hitting and bouncing around going on.

1 week later
#4566 80 days ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

True, I just desire a play field in better condition and I am willing to pay more if needed. The plus was that the battery's were moved...

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Looks like dude lowered his price and posted some better pix.

#4574 79 days ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Pics are still poor. I still can’t see the cracks either

Gotta zoom in, look below the left flipper. Looks like a screw came up from beneath the pf. CBFD107E-A362-493E-9153-1524B0AA7C5E (resized).png

Honestly I have seen worse sell for more.

#4577 79 days ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Yes, there it be...
Guns, what are using when cleaning a really dirty play field, Naptha is not available in ca. Will Amazon deliver Naptha to ca?

I’ve had good results with denatured alcohol.

#4584 76 days ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Alright, got my IJ back together, but the issue i had before the tear-down is still there.
It'll work for a bit, then in the middle of a game, the display will go out and then it will just start launching balls in a never ending loop. If you power the game off and back on, then as it's sitting there, display will be out, it sounds an error (but you can't see it since the display is out) and it'll launch all 6 balls, and the coil in the subway release will just keep firing. If you start a game, then it just goes into launch ball mode.
I did check for 5v at the display. I have a ColorDMD installed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My game did that shooting balls over and over thing when the trough opto came unplugged. I didn’t have any CDMD issues tho.

#4585 76 days ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Is this a known issue? I've never had a bad ColorDMD before, I will give it a go though.

It’s probably less a bad CDMD issue and more a weak power driver board issue. I believe the CDMD and the optos both run off of the 12v section.

#4589 75 days ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Ok, I'll do some digging and figure out where to measure the 12v.

The test points are in the upper left corner of the power driver board and are labeled.
E59D88DC-7A92-4391-8A21-60A5032A7F57 (resized).pngBD5F8280-A21F-4787-BF5D-63D71B865D65 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#4638 66 days ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Question got a IJ Williams noticed the backboard on playfield is like a thick piece clear plastic not wood. Has lost plastic decal on it. Is this something someone made or did any come like that. Looks like laser cut

It’s an aftermarket mod. Those are really cool, especially if you light them. I have a buddy who has one in his MM and another who has one in his AFM.

#4653 63 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Do these go anywhere? Didn't see a spot for them.[quoted image][quoted image]

Just unplug the power board side too and let them hang. I wouldn’t remove them in case you ever go back to a normal DMD.

#4657 63 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Like that's going to happen lol.
Once you go color...

It’s all situational of course, you don’t remove a CDMD because it isn’t better! You could sell the game and keep the CDMD or if you’re like me you keep moving them to new games.

The CDMD in my IJ for example started off in my Judge Dredd. The one in my TZ has been in TZ, CFTBL, Getaway, Shadow and back to TZ. The one in TOM started out in WCS and the one going in my DW started off in my buddies DW (which is convenient cause I don’t need to update the software!)

1 week later
#4675 52 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Is there still a need for airball stopper mod? I know someone improved my design and incorporated the plastic with graphics into the mod. His looked better than mine but I don't know if he's still making. I was maybe thinking of making a run again if no one is making.

I’d be interested.

1 week later
#4699 39 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Me too. But it may well be that Mirco is blowing smoke.
My info has it that Lucas wont budge on the rights/license.
I hope I'm wrong.

It’s out of Lucas’s hands, Indy belongs to Disney now.

#4709 39 days ago
Quoted from Only68s:

I have no idea why the white zombie album cover loaded itself into my post.....

Happy accident!

Congrats on the IJ, how low did he end up going on it? Sounds like a great opportunity to do a Disneyland cab for it.

#4732 36 days ago

My IJ did the ball thing and fortunately it was just a loose plug on the trough.

#4736 35 days ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, finally got my IJ speaker panel replicated (keeping the original fully intact). Includes Rockford Fosgate speakers, ColorDMD, and Jackpot lightboard. It’s Purdy[quoted image]

Looks good dude. Where did you score the speaker panel?

#4738 34 days ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

There is a guy selling just the internal board with jackpot. It doesn’t include front cover, speaker grills, hardware, etc. But that’s a good start.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/62016
You’ll find all the parts fairly easily except the speaker grills

Nice, thanks.

#4740 34 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Playfield back from captainneo ... it’s SPECTACULAR !!!![quoted image]

Yummy.

#4747 32 days ago

Awesome upgrade dude! Do you need to run an extra amp for that driver??

That reminds me I need to order more of my cheap ass but better than stock anyways cab speakers.

2 weeks later
#4779 17 days ago

I certainly wouldn’t be playing it with those flashers locked on, hopefully you at least removed the bulbs.

If you’re only going by pix of what you started with, I’d refer to the manual. They may have been wrong before and that could have caused your initial board issues.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside