IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gouveia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#142 9 years ago

I've had my IJ for many years. It's the first pinball I've ever owned, and I'll probably never get rid of it. It's definitely my favorite game.

Years ago, I put a lot of time into restoring it and modding it, and essentially trying to make it "my own" (without getting too crazy). The lost plastic was the first thing I tackled. I figured, with all that new artwork back there, why not show it off? So I replaced the backboard with plexiglass and backlit it. I also put in some plastic trees here and there, installed a snake with led's (he lights up on Well of Souls), and put in a toy or two. Nothing gets in the way of the ball, and I think it looks pretty cool. I've done a few more mods to it since then, and moved some things around some, but I figured I'd share these pics with everyone. I just think it's a really great pinball machine.

IMG_6917.JPGIMG_6917.JPG IMG_6951.JPGIMG_6951.JPG IMG_6944.JPGIMG_6944.JPG IMG_6943.JPGIMG_6943.JPG IMG_6945.JPGIMG_6945.JPG IMG_6932-739.JPGIMG_6932-739.JPG
#144 9 years ago

Glad you like it. I think it really adds depth to the game. It was a while ago, but I seem to remember routing out the pattern on 1/4 inch plexi from Home Depot (twice, since the back piece is 1/2 inch wood. Plus, I don't think they sell 1/2 inch). My original plan was to sandwich the artwork between the two. But it worked out just fine putting the artwork in front. I just removed the original wood piece, made a pattern for it, then used the router to cut it out of plexi.

The lights are all #47s. I used a bunch of #47 lamp holders and connected them behind the plexi to any screw I could. I also have the backlit mod installed, so that gave me a few more options to connect them. I just tried to light up any part of the back piece that the bridge mod wasn't lighting. The whole thing was then wired directly to one of the GI connectors behind the backglass.

Sorry I'm not more specific, but it's in storage right now in a different state and I'm trying to remember the best I can.

#147 9 years ago

Swenny, I did. If you look above, it's pretty red. It's a #47 bulb with a bulb holder. Just screwed it into the wood beneath so the bulb rested in the space between the ejecting mechanism. It's a tight fit , but there's room. Then I soldered it to a nearby GI light.

2 months later
#168 9 years ago

During mine cart mode, you can ALWAYS go to the right the first 4 times, and the first 3 times of each wave after that. That way you only have to pay attention to the final few gates of each section. Makes it MUCH easier. (expert opinion )

2 years later
#1763 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Actual conversation with me and my wife last night:
Me: IJ is still my favorite game. And it should be my coffin, too.
Wife: Why waste the game? How about we put your ashes inside the game and the kids can keep playing it? Better yet, get an Ark of the Covenant mod and you can put your ashes IN the game while people still enjoy it.
Friggin' brilliant.
So keep your eye out for an IJ, fully modded with Boob's ashes. The only question is, does that increase the value or decrease it?

This might be my favorite idea yet!

7 months later
9 months later
#3812 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Any recommendations for back lighting this plexiglass back panel? Has anybody done this? Thanks in advance for your input.
[quoted image]

Yes. I did it on my machine years ago. There's some more pictures of it way back on this thread in post #142 (when I went all mod crazy on it years ago!). I took out the back piece and used it as a template to cut two thinner pieces of plexi from Home Depot with a jigsaw (because I didn't have the right tools). I then hooked those lamp sockets mentioned above to about eight different areas and hooked it into the GI. It was a ton of work, but it looks SO much cooler! You could probably get the job done easier with some LED's and a thicker piece of plexi cut with the right equipment.

102bfe4b4a923fc80a18bc1be776304bf6f478e6 (resized).jpg102bfe4b4a923fc80a18bc1be776304bf6f478e6 (resized).jpg
#3815 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Thanks. So you screwed the lamp sockets into the custom plexi you cut?

No. I re-cut everything except the long strip behind the bridge, obviously, and slipped the new lampholders all around the back to whatever post was available and wired them together. Grounded everyone with tape. Not pretty, but it's lasted me for years. I'm sure you could make it look nicer.

1 year later
#5006 4 years ago
Quoted from -ZZZ-:

I am having a BRUTAL time trying to adjust my Path of Adventure to play correctly (allow the ball to roll down either side of the mini playfield and switch lanes when necessary).
Since I adjusted my playfield pitch to around 7 degrees, which I believe is right around the correct value, the problem is even more pronounced. The ball always just rolls down the left side; there is almost no way to get it to hit the top right switch. The Path seems to have the full range of motion from left to right, the worm screw is tight, and the mini playfield is level in its normal resting position. I tried to move the Rope Bridge ramp to the right, but if I move it too far the PoA red plastic edge on the upper left corner starts hitting the metal ramp that goes around it.
I found a post with a similar complaint from a while back. Here is one of the first answers to that post:

I am not sure where to install the washers to experiment with this approach. The top edge of the mini playfield rides the PoA motor shaft, attached using the worm screw. The lower edge of the PoA is attached using a metal bracket with two screws and a pivoting arm. It does not seem that installing washers there would make any difference. Does anyone have any clarification, or other tips for correcting the problem?

Here's a few suggestions that made mine work great. First,try bending the small metal tab at the path entrance out more, so the ball can fall more directly down and to the right. Also, try bending the whole bridge piece itself by taking it off and giving it a good twist with your hands (twisting CCW with your left hand and CW with your right). This will make the left side sit up slighly higher so the angle isn't so steep, and the ball will fall slower into the Path after the diverter lets it go. And finally, acoording to the manual the pitch of this game should be between 6 and 7 degrees. Mine's at 6.5, so you may want to try lowering it a bit. Hope that helps.

#5009 4 years ago

Yes. The whole thing. Unscrew it from the back so you can hold it in your hands, and twist it. You won't be able to bend it very far and you shouldn't, but you can get the angle slightly up if you do it carefully. You may have to readjust it a bit to make sure the diverter still clears the hole in the metal when you reattach it. It was a fix I read about years ago and it solved the problem on my machine.

#5012 4 years ago
Quoted from -ZZZ-:

I am not sure where to install the washers to experiment with this approach.

I believe pinballinreno is talking about the same bending solution but using washers instead. If you put a washer or two onto the left bolt and nothing on the right bolt before you re-attach the bridge to the back, it will lift the bridge up on the left and make it more level.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 85.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

14,000 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,419.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Wanted
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gouveia.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=gouveia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.