Topic Stats

• 4,773 posts
  • 394 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Pinkitten
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,580 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2124 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2103 (resized).jpg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190822_161345.jpg
IMG_20190822_161313.jpg
IMG_20190822_161307.jpg
IMG_20190822_161420.jpg
IMG_20190822_161410.jpg
IMG_20190822_161340.jpg
20190118_175649 (resized).jpg
20190829_202315 (resized).jpg
20190823_184910 (resized).jpg
DSCN2919 (resized).JPG
DSCN2729 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3528 1 year ago

Hi All - Is anyone aware if a protector has been made for underneath the mini playfield to protect the exposed electronics? I know someone made a clear plastic one for TZ but I'm wondering about IJ. On my recently acquired machine it looks likes someone made a crude, makeshift one out of cardboard. All help is appreciated. Thanks

#3542 1 year ago

Hi All - Just curious... how much of a pain is it to install the lost plastic? Thanks for your feedback in advance.

1 month later
#3732 11 months ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

It can and it will. The diode is sitting too low. The legs are too long. Cut them and solder the diode a little higher up and add a cliffy protector to protect that diode. Contact Cliffy [quoted image][quoted image]

I actually just bought the protector from Cliffy. Perfect fit and easy to install.

#3741 11 months ago

Me too. Count me in!

#3744 11 months ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Make sure you put some mylar on the inside of the cliffy to prevent a possible short

Good idea George.

#3745 11 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

While I was waiting for my next appointment to show up yesterday I started removing ramps and plastics. This poor pin is going to need lots of repairs. Anyone using titan rings? If so does anyone recommend any color rings? I keep finding all kinds of repairs it will need.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I put orange rings on my machine except for on the mini play field where I put red. My starposts, however, are the orange/amber color not the yellow. I'll post some pics tonight to give you an idea.

#3749 11 months ago
Quoted from gac:

I put orange rings on my machine except for on the mini play field where I put red. My starposts, however, are the orange/amber color not the yellow. I'll post some pics tonight to give you an idea.

IMG_0838 (resized).jpgIMG_0839 (resized).jpgIMG_0840 (resized).jpgIMG_0841 (resized).jpgIMG_0843 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#3817 10 months ago

I'm in! Payment sent via paypal. Thanks

3 weeks later
#3851 9 months ago

Hi Djshakes and Davi - I know this isnt the proper thread for me to post this in but the machine that could really use your talents is Back to the Future. The plastic behind the drop targets in the center of the play field gets destroyed and the airballs that come back are worse than those on Indiana Jones. A protector like Dj's or a one piece replacement plastic like Davi's that you guys made for IJ would be an incredible mod for BTTF owners like myself.

2 months later
#3949 7 months ago

Had some strange behavior with my IJ earlier... I pushed the super ball button after the third ball and then suddenly all of the lights on the machine went out... GI, back box, and inserts. Everything went dark except the colordmd. Also, the music continued and the idol would occasionally rotate. I turned the machine off, reseated the ribbon cables and then turned it back on and everything came back on but I got a the credit dot with a bunch or error messages. I ran through a bunch of tests (switches and solenoids) and turned the machine off. When I turned it back on, everything came on as normal and no error messages. Do you think reseating the ribbons fixed this or is there some other issue that this behavior is symptomatic of? Thanks in advance for any help.

#3956 7 months ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yes. I had a very similar experience not long ago. Reseated the ribbon cables, problem went away. No worries Glen

Hi George - Thanks for reaching out. That's what I was hoping/thinking. Fingers crossed and play on!

1 week later
#4030 7 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Not sure if the GIF will work (I put some photos together that show some of the process to get to this point--3 silicone molds were made in total). Will make my own thread soon. Pictured is an LED version without the LEDs installed yet. I'd like to offer a sandy color option as well (will have that to show before I accept any orders--still some final things to test this week amongst unrelated work).
EDIT: Can't get my GIF to work (not something I've posted here before, and none of the photobucket links seem to work--uploading through Pinside just shows one image..hmm).
EDIT 2: Started a development thread here (includes a Youtube version of the slideshow I tried to post here): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-hand-sculpted-poa-rails-medisinyl-mods-development
EDIT 3: Added new photos with LEDs installed
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hi - Any idea when these might be available and estimated cost? That is amazing work. Thanks

#4033 7 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Trying to keep some of the information in the dedicated thread, but I'll be busy with other work until Sunday, so this is on hold for a moment. I'll be aiming to open up orders sometime next week (plan is to ship a first run of at least 5 sets within two weeks of opening orders[gives me time to order additional materials based on demand and make the parts], then runs every week after that), and I'm hoping to have a non-LED version finished with a different color option to show before quoting any final pricing information.
If it's feasible to do more than 5 sets in a week, I would attempt to do so.
I have several people on a list currently and will first offer the mod to those people in the order I received interest. Again, hoping to get another color option shown before anyone makes any decisions.
As always, I appreciate the interest

Please put me on the list of interested people.

#4041 7 months ago

Installed the jackpot speaker panel led mod. Lovin' it!

IMG_1133 (resized).jpg
#4043 7 months ago

I bought a new panel pre-cut. The cut outs weren't precise so I had to mask the plastic speaker panel so that only the symbols light up and not the black area around each one.

3 weeks later
#4060 6 months ago

Put some side art blades on my IJ. Liking the look.

IMG_1185 (resized).jpgIMG_1186 (resized).jpgIMG_1187 (resized).jpgIMG_1188 (resized).jpg
#4064 6 months ago
Quoted from Maide:

Did you take your playfield out to do it?

No. Just tilt playfield all the way up and carefully slide between cabinet wall and playfield. As long as you don't press down too hard on them, they are pretty easy to move/position.

#4065 6 months ago
Quoted from koops:

Very nice.
The thing about art blades is how easily they get damaged.
I put some on my tspp and within a few days i'd already got a couple of places where the pf brackets had clipped them.
On a Williams it should be less due to the far superior lift mech compared to sterns but it still worries me. I might make up some side protectors with some left over makrolon sheets I have.

Understood. I always have to remind myself when I need to lift the playfield to go easy and try to keep it straight. I have side blades on 11 machines and haven't done any damage yet. Now that I jinxed myself.

1 week later
#4112 6 months ago
Quoted from Axl:

Where does this part go? Trying to find pictures of Indy shopping, no luck.
[quoted image]

Under the right ramp with the pointed end towards the back box.

IMG_1242 (resized).jpg
#4122 6 months ago

Hi jazzbouche - these look great. Did you mention doing a set that was more like the color of the factory ruins as well?

1 week later
#4142 5 months ago

Is it just me? I have so much difficulty getting beyond the first hole on the path of adventure. Seems no matter how I tilt the playfield, I end up dropping through. Any suggestions?

2 weeks later
#4196 5 months ago

Just wanted to post some pics of the great work pinsider Medisinyl did for my IJ. He created the custom crafted/painted POA rails and also painted my ruins to match exactly. Really top quality craftsmanship. Check out his thread detailing his fantastic work.

IMG_1334 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_1336 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_1338 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_1339 (1) (resized).jpg
2 months later
#4470 84 days ago

Here are a couple pics of medisinyl's Light Jackpot Temple mod installed on my machine next to his rails. Great work.

IMG_1611 (resized).jpgIMG_1627 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#4542 68 days ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Here's a slow motion video of 3 balls coming down the chute and ALL 3 draining! So frustrating.
Let me know if anyone catches the issue, because I can't see it other than the fact that (perhaps) the balls are coming down too fast? (or the hinge needs to be tighter so that it falls behind the ball, once it crosses into the playfield) Any advice welcomed!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2m2nmd55x1srqa8/indiana-jones-pinball-bug.MOV?dl=0

I wonder if the curve at the end of the lane guide could be bent up a little. This would make the ball go through the gate without hitting the post.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Austin, TX
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside