IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freegame450.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2689 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It was indeed the diode bottom right mini pf. It was ever so slightly bent and touching some other metal. Thanks for the pointers!
Anyone rocking some side art blades on their Indy? I'm considering either pingraffix or tilt. Any thoughts?

I have been aware of the bent diode issue under the mini play field for a while and have finally decided to do something about protecting the diode. I believe there were a couple other posts a while back showing guards that people made for their machines. This is what I came up with for a no-cost guard. Others can do the same, but you need to have a part of an old plastic ramp laying around.

I removed the mini play field and took a look at how to cover the switch. Then I measured and cut out a small section of an old plastic ramp. Plastic ramps cut easy with either tinsnips, fine hacksaw or a small disc grinder. Cut to what you feel is an appropriate size and then clean up the edges. Next you can drill a couple holes in the plastic and mount right under the two screws that hold the microswitch to the board. As I show in the first and second photo the piece of plastic ramp seems to be hanging a little bit too far above the switch so I took a hair dryer and heated up the small piece of ramp/guard and simply bent it around for a more contoured fit. Other photos show the guard after it has been curved and how it looks once the mini play field is reinstalled on the machine.

Plastic is obviously not as strong as a metal guard but I think this should hold up fairly well and it is not electrically conductive if it does get damaged.

Not sure why photos are loading in reverse sequence.
IMG_0152 (resized).JPGIMG_0152 (resized).JPG
IMG_0151 (resized).JPGIMG_0151 (resized).JPG
IMG_0149 (resized).JPGIMG_0149 (resized).JPG
IMG_0146 (resized).JPGIMG_0146 (resized).JPG
IMG_0145 (resized).JPGIMG_0145 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#2873 6 years ago

Nice professional looking installation Averell.

2 weeks later
#2927 6 years ago

I recently had my IJ apart for a good cleaning and fresh rubber. I have always felt a little unsatisfied with the factory plastic airplanes. So I bought a couple of 1:72 scale diecast planes off Ebay for a reasonable price and fit them onto the game. I know that some IJ purists will say that my planes are not technically correct, but I really like how they look on my machine. They are a bit smaller, much more detailed and look just right to me.......playfield and ramp are also more visible.

I took the LED board and wire harness off the factory fighter and made it work on the new smaller die cast fighter. Basically removed the LED's off the board and hot glued them onto the bottom of the die cast wings. Then cut the original board down so that it was nothing more than a small cluster of diodes and resisters, and hot glued that under the new fighter. Soldered the original harness on at the proper board location, and ran fine wires from the LED's to what was left of the circuit board. The circuit board and wiring is not at all visible when viewing from a normal position.

When the LED's on the fighter are flashing it really stands out a good bit more than what I was used to seeing on the original plastic fighter.

IMO some Pinsider who is good with making and selling mods could probably do a decent volume of business with something similar to this.

IMG_0195 (resized).JPGIMG_0195 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#2967 6 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Hi Guys,
A friend of mine has an issue with the mini playfield. The ball never drops on the right side, always on the left... so he is enable to pass on the first switch on the right side.
And when the ball pass on the left side, it seems that the mini playfield dos not go deep enought down on the left and the ball systematicly drops on the first hole...so in play, we never cross the all mini playfield, we always lost the ball quickly...
There nothing that block the mini playfield and we tested the motor which looks fine... so if you have any suggestiosns, they are welcome, thanks.

My experience has been if the set screw which locks the mini playfield onto the motor shaft becomes a little loose then the mini playfield does not tilt fully and I have had some of the problems you described.
With regard to the ball constantly dropping to one side I have found it beneficial to loosen the set screw and make sure the mini play field is pushed gently forward towards the front of the pinball machine then tighten the set screw very firmly. Also do not be afraid to "slightly" bend the little tabs that the ball passes between as it drops from the hold position on to the mini playfield. With a little testing you can find a happy spot so the ball can be directed to either side.

2 months later
#3098 5 years ago

Davi, that playfield looks spectacular !

4 months later
#3650 5 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

Does anyone use spotlights to brighten up their Indy? The center insert area can be kind of dark. Any other locations? How about those short LED strips? I'm trying to figure out how to brighten things up without going the Pinstadium route. Thanks.

Yes, I put a spotlight on the left slingshot upper post and am really happy that I added it. Unfortunately my pins are all folded up for a coming move to different house, so I can not post any pics. But I can say that I have added spot lights on a few of my pins. It takes a little time to find the least obtrusive location/angle that yields the desired illumination. Also be ready to try various bulbs (I use LED) so you can tune in your preferred brightness and color.....most of the time I use a simple warm white to keep things a little more subtle. If nothing else, playing around with spotlights is pretty inexpensive and easy to change back.

1 month later
#3827 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Is it common to have the ball jump out of the left ramp’s wireform? I’ve had a lot of clean shots whip out of there and even smack the biplane a few times.

It is fairly common, and I used to have the problem too......ball smacked the biplane many times. I ended up putting a little muscle into the wire form upper section to reshape it just a little in the area were the ball was flying off. Try to pull/bend just the 2 outer/upper wires so they are a bit higher up toward the playfield glass. Pull the upper wires with your fingers while pressing the lower wires with your thumb. I don't think I adjusted the outer wires up much more than about .100-.125" and the problem went completely away on my IJ.
I hope this helps you as well.

11 months later
#4846 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Left flipper just stopped working. Does not work in test either. Bad coil?

Wire broke off one of the coil lugs? Recently had that happen on the ball launch coil of my IJ.

2 months later
#5068 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Still trying to resolve my issue with the ball eject out of the trough. Can someone send me a photo of the metal angle above the trough? I think mine might be bent incorrectly.

Here are a couple pics for you

6A7F2738-5C26-4245-86A0-E16B083B464D (resized).jpeg6A7F2738-5C26-4245-86A0-E16B083B464D (resized).jpeg82F1BC10-97C4-427E-A580-67725821C70A (resized).jpeg82F1BC10-97C4-427E-A580-67725821C70A (resized).jpeg
#5070 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

After watching my ball eject, it collided with the black wood rail on the inside of the shooter lane. Does yours do the same?

No, Ball ejects and hits the outside rail covered by the metal plate and then falls/rests in shooter lane.

3 years later
#11188 4 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Anyone get balls stuck here? Happens about 5 percent of the time the coil fires the ball to the trough.
[quoted image]

I do not recall that ever happening in 20+ years of owning my IJ. Please let us know what you figure out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,419.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freegame450.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=freegame450 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.