IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider endprodukt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#285 9 years ago

I'm working on a Pinsoundboard reorchestration for Indy. If anyone is interested, you can check out the first clips here: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=9#entry23

If you don't know what's Pinsounboard go to http://pinsound.org/

Hope you guys like it!

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Anybody have any experience with the Pinsound board? I'd love to have the original soundtrack playing rather than that MIDI crap. Do you just upload it to the board or is it an involved process?

It's very easy to use. I own one and will get more. Please check out www.pinsound.org for more information.

My reorchestration will use all OST and reorchestrated original tracks that are not from the movies (but on the pin). Check the link I posted for an example.

#295 9 years ago

Some progress on the Indy Reorchestration: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=9#entry24

Most of the music is done. After that I'll go for the speech.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

It's pretty common for my game to launch an air-ball over the exit of the left wireform, into the left outlane. It will on occasion launch another ball, but not every time.
I am not sure what parameters the game uses to determine when it should launch another ball.

I think it's the time between hitting the droptarget and activating the switch in the left outlane. If it doesn't touch it, it's the time between hitting the drop target and activating the opto in the outhole.

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Another two questions to see if they're normal: Does the ball fly off the ramp often? Mine does sometimes, and whacks the biplane. And does anybody else have the ball getting hung up on the left side beneath the ramp when it comes off the pops? Sometimes I have to nudge the machine to get it down the left orbit. Didn't know if my level is off or what.

1. Check the level of your playfield. This only happened on my machine when it was set too flat.

2. Yup, this happen all the time, no matter how you level the machine.

#314 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Does anybody know if all the reorchestrations are done for PinSounds on IJ? It looks like they're still working on it on their website. If anybody has one and has feedback I'd love to hear it. Don't want to buy an incomplete product.

You can't download Sounds from the Pinside Board. The sounds they had up (original ones) were used to name the events. Now, you can only download the Event Folder Structures from Pinsound. To download Reorchestrations, please go to Pinsound-Community.org

You will see I'm working on IJ.

1 month later
#325 9 years ago

Some of you know that I'm reorchestrating the existing score by Chris Granner for the Pinsound Board. It will be a (mostly) perfect match to the sound as it is (all the fanfares, tracks etc) instead of using the OST only. All the soundeffects will be updated to high quality sounds from the movies, same goes for the voiceovers.

If you don't know what's the pinsound board is please go to Pinsound.org.

Now, I was working with Chris Granner on this and we hoped for the original files from Chris Granners DAT Tapes (the DCS version of TZ got released that way) as I wanted to use the speech in HQ. Chris found the tapes with the music on it, but couldn't find the ones with the speech (and isn't sure he ever had them anyways). So all the speech will be from the 5.1 Bluray Editions of the movies cut as clean as possible (I'm looking in all 6 channels to find the cleanest samples). This means there is a chance of background noise though, but the quality is way better than the original DCS files (not as muffled etc.)

I hope you will like it. For purist who like the soundtrack of this pinball machine as it is, this is the version for you.

I was listening to the whole OST for many many hours to find all the small loops that make the music for IJ. Some tracks like "Well of Souls", "Tank Chase" or "Monkey Brains" simply did not exist in the movies at all. Same goes for all the transitions (called fanfares or jingles). I reorchestrated those from the ground up.

If your interested in samples please go to: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?s=4e65a2b4aeb5c5a9edc17f7abfa85bbe&showtopic=9

I try to release an ingame demo for you as fast as possible (I'm about 80% done with everything).

#327 9 years ago

You won't be dissapointed with the board. The guys over at Pinsound did a very professional job on it and they keep improving it very fast! Software keeps getting better and better. Can't wait for some of the features that are going to come in the next few month.

#329 9 years ago

Which product? My Mix or the Pinsound Board? Because the Board is finished and tested... they're just improving it, although it works really nice allready. I will release my IJ mix once I've tested it on my machine. Of course for free. I really don't like the idea to release something without testing it myself.

One of the main features that's important to me and that I can't wait for is something called "ducking".

Ducking means that the music will drop in volume when another sound/speech/fanfare plays. If you listen closely when you start a mode on the IJ, you will hear the main music very very quiet in the background. Right now the Pinsound Board won't do that, and it's great for speech as well. Music will duck a little so the speech seems "louder" and "clearer".

1 week later
#331 9 years ago

You can find a preview of my IJ Reorchestration here:

http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=9#entry99

Please have in mind it's NOT finished. The only critique I've got so far is that the loops are short. That's because it's just like it was in the original game! So please have that in mind. There are other versions for the Pinsound Board out there that you can throw together with my FX, Samples, Speech etc but have the Music from the films as you whish.

I hope you dig it. In the end it's way more work for IJ than I though to be honest

#333 9 years ago

I'm very glad you like it. Get a Pinsound board preordered... They're selling fast! Mix will be ready in a few weeks

#335 9 years ago

I'm doing my best. There is a lot of SFX and little fanfares. I will never release something untested and I don't have a board for my IJ yet.

#337 9 years ago

Yeah pretty much. They can't produce thousands of these at one time. The first batch was 100 pinsound boards and they're sold out. Next batch will ship in february.

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Trying like hell to adjust my POA. Bent the little exit metal to make the ball drop center (so I could get it down that first left lane), then had the bright idea that if I pulled it forward a little more, it would give the ball more time to get to the left side on a tilt. All it did was allow the ball to pick up more velocity and shoot off the walls on either side straight into the pit. *sigh* This thing is a royal bitch...

Another trick with the POA is to use washers under the front holder of the POA (sorry, english is not my first language) to make it a little less steep. This way you can adjust your game to an angle you like without taking care of the POA. Give it a try, it might be too steep allready!

#344 9 years ago

ps.

as much as I love Indiana Jones... it has MANY design flaws. Still my favourite game.

#353 9 years ago

I'm glad the flat washers worked for you! IJ is a pita to setup right... The poa, mode start, poa feeding lane etc...

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

So really...how many folks have been able to start all 12 modes in one game? Really curious, as I never get close.

It's all about your mode hole. With a LOT of modding I could make mine take 95% of left/right flipper shots.

Actually it IS a strategy not to play some of the modes at all. Of course you activate them, but playing them in tournament is not recommended. Get The Idol for example is VERY risky. Same goes for Ropebridge. If you miss the right ramp it's always dangerous. So you just activate the mode and wait till it's over. I don't do that for the fun, but as Bowen said... "you don't play for fun, you play for score"

#372 9 years ago

On my game most extra balls are deactivated (special for example) or set to hard. Super ball is also deactivated. Also my outlanes are wide open. this makes the IJ enjoyable in multiplayer games. After 6 years owning this machine I can play it with my eyes closed the challenge makes the billion feel like you really worked for it.

Quoted from dluth:

But rope bridge gives you an extra ball if you complete it. I've finally kind of mastered that mode after finding it impossible to complete for years. Once I hit the left ramp (which I find much easier than the right) I hold my left flipper up, the ball skips to the right where I can hit the left ramp again. Rinse and repeat 5 times for the extra ball.
The availability of extra balls in this game gives you a good chance of getting to ELMB.
Plus the super ball of course

#379 9 years ago

Why would anyone get the frog anyways? You will have less points.

#381 9 years ago

I'm easy, just saying that you miss half the points to see a frog dance.

#383 9 years ago

Haha, good point!

2 weeks later
#390 9 years ago

Good news.

I received my Pinsound Board for the IJ yesterday. I also updated to a 2-way Stereo System + Sub. I can actually start to test my mix for
the IJ Reorchestration now!

If you don't know what's the Pinsound Board... please go to: www.pinsound.org

What will it be?

- a high quality reorchestration of the EXISTING soundtrack for Williams Indiana Jones Pinball Machine made by Chris Granner. The reason I do it is that I love it the way it is - I just don't like the "cheap" midi sounds as they didn't age well in my ears. Yes, it has all the pretty short loops just like the original. If you find that repetitive you need to look out for one of the OST Versions that's allready on Pinsound-Community.org

- all the FX is from the Indiana Jones Bluray Editions and later Videogames for best possible quality.

- all the speech is from the Bluray Editions of the movies (except Salahs special callouts for obvious reasons) and there are lot's and lot's of additional quotes!

The mix is true Stereo and uses it a lot! I recommend a speaker upgrade to 2.1 if you decide to go for a Pinsound Board in your IJ.

I will release this as soon as I think it's finished (I hope in the next 2 weeks). It will be completely for free.

As this is a 200+ hours project that I do in my spare time I'm happy for any donations from the community. Please contact me if you like my work and you want to donate.

#392 9 years ago

Beelzeboob...

all the soundfiles that originaly were used on the pinball machine are from the movies.

I've got all the extracted original files over here (I also got some nice "never heared before" files from Chris Granner that didn't make it into the game)

Please check both files here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/np407a68ba9145q/AABJOeOGfW8rHJYojb20Lgk5a?dl=0

The "legacy" file is the one from the game. Yes, they sound completely different for one reason: Pitch. Some of the samples have faster speed, therefore higher pitch. Still, they're the same as in the movies.

No speechfiles got rerecorded for the pinball game. Only Sallah (John Rhys-Davies) did some of the "jackpot", "extra ball" etc. samples just for the game... that's why they're the only samples with lower quality (11khz 8bit vs. 44.1khz 16bit)

The only advantage Chris Granner had was that he had access to the overdub speech from the movies - no or just very quiet background noise. I had to use 5.1 channel mix to hope and find all the spots in the center channel with very little background noise

#395 9 years ago

beelzeboob:

exactly that's why I use the "first" one (the original one from the movie!):

44.1khz 16bit vs. 11khz 8 bit (Pinball machine). The quality of the Williams version is inferior by a million. Besides that... yes, in the movie she is drunk as she just won a drinking contest and it's likely she's tired aswell. If you don't like that one, grab something like Audacity and simply pitch/speed up that one and go. Or take the original files.

That's one thing that's cool about the pinsound board: All the sample mixes are open for changes. If you don't like something, replace it with something you do like

You can download all the original files from IJ over at pinsound-community.org (you need to register).

#397 9 years ago

I'm pretty much done with everything that's music related...phew... just a few things left that give me headache... like the hurry up score that not really a classic piece or anything...

I hope 1-2 weeks or something but no promises. It's done when it's done. Order your board, I will deliver - that's for sure (I'm not Stern )

#399 9 years ago

I just did a new preview, check it out:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oj3bhna42ec5x05/IndyNeu.mp3?dl=0

#401 9 years ago

Haha, seems like I deleted that file from my folder when I uploaded it for you to my dropbox account

#406 9 years ago

Some type of errors won't help. It might be the motor or the optos if it does nothing at all.

Usually you start of with reseating connectors.

1 week later
#426 9 years ago

If you know how to solder it might be easy to repair. Good thing: it gets the 12v. Might be just the transistor that went bad.

#431 9 years ago

Or... Repair it for a few dollars instead.

#432 9 years ago

Anyone with a Pinsoundboard in his IJ ready to beta test my mix?

Please contact me.

1 year later
#945 7 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I have a pinsound too in my Indy. Any shaker will then do the trick? In my older stern I have one with a separate board connected to a flasher. Also who is going to rewrite the pinsound file for shaker usage? I do not see anything in pinball browser or am I missing something?

There was a firmware that had simple on off shaker support. It works great but the guys want to take it to the next level.

You will be able to integrate shaker function as you like. I can't say anything about when they're done. I have no idea and I'm waiting on it myself.

2 months later
#967 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...IJ is my grail machine, and I spent about the price of a small car to try to get it where I wanted it to be, quality-wise, before I said f**k it and sent it off to HEP.
IJ is NOT a machine you want to over-mod. Tron? Yes. LOTR? Certainly. AFM? Of course!
But IJ just looks too cheesy when you start jamming figures in there and putting lighting where it doesn't belong. And the shaker doesn't really do much for that game, so skip it (and I have shakers in almost all my machines).
Here's what I did to mine, and I think it looks amazing (as did Chris at HEP):
PDI glass
Brass trim on everything (rails, hinges, legs, habitrails, apron guard) and black nickel-plated gun by Mike Chestnut (RIP)
Pinsound card with reorchestrations
FF speaker upgrade
Color DMD
Motorized plane propeller
LEDs in inserts ONLY (all warm white, controlled by LED OCD card) and LED flashers
Incandescent GI and back glass
Gold captive ball (which Chris put in...it's really cool)
Jackpot lighting mod
Bridge lighting mod
And I think that's it. Really more than enough for that game, IMO. (The last two were supposed to be in the original version of the game, but were scrapped.)
Have fun, and let me know if I can help in any way.

Shaker does a lot when it's driven by the Pinsound Board. I Really don't want to miss it.

1 month later
#986 7 years ago

You guys realise that this can't be shared and you pretty much get me in trouble for even asking, right?

#987 7 years ago

And seriously. Sharing these files behind my back is utmost disrespect for the countless hours of work and the shit I had to take by PPS.

By now everyone interested in my work should know why it's not available. I wish it was different but that's the way it is.

Some people had access to this very old version on pinsound community and I can't change that. Please consider it to be piracy as long as there is no official go by either PPS, PINSOUND or me.

1 year later
#3164 5 years ago

The problems are being worked on. Seems like there have been problems with some files the original Pinsound board didn't care for but the plus version does. Since I don't have a Pinsound plus I can't reproduce any of the mentioned problems.

Also the amount of files has never been a problem on my Pinsound board.

Please stay tuned for an update. Pinsound are really busy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,500 (OBO)
$ 29.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider endprodukt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=endprodukt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.