IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djshakes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1205 7 years ago

Remove the strike plate altogether and put a piece of foam on the rail behind hole. Lower the saucer a bit with washers, problems solved. Moving the strike plate back for me didn't work. This technique seems to work best for most.

#1214 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I put a piece of dense foam (drop dead foam I think it's called) on the strike plate behind the saucer and it helps a lot...but doesn't fully solve the problem. How many washers did you use (how much should the saucer be lowered)? A pic would be awesome.

Just use a regular washer size thickness.

Get rid of that worthless strike plate. It only causes problems. I tried modifying mine, enlongating holes etc. Just remove it and the game will play as it was meant to. I just put a piece of two way tape on the rail behind it. That tape is foamy. Just don't peel off the tape backing on the side facing out. Don't want your ball to stick to it, lol.

#1231 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

wanted to give a shoutout to indypinhead. I bought his full lit drop target kit for my indy and they look great. One thing i also noticed is airballs of the drop targets have lessened tramendously. Not sure if its do to the harder plastic so they bend less thus not flinging the ball back as much or if its just cause they are new and not broken in, but i was getting a ton of airballs off that front set of drops.

Where can I find this kit?

#1239 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I took some slow-mo video of the drop targets to see how they were occurring, but already pretty much knew the answer before as you had stated. The drop targets are bending back upon impact more than they really should and creating a slingshot effect for the ball once they rebound. Check out the video on youtube. Sorry for the poor lighting as the slo-mo on the phone greatly reduces the exposure aperture or something along those lines. Also planning to replace target stickers soon... but now that there is positive feedback about the lighted polyacrylic drop targets, I might have to look into a full scale replacement.
» YouTube video
Also... I cut a small lexan shield to put over the drop target bank and it has eliminated airballs completely for me so far, though I've only had it installed for a few days. Not too unsightly, but the thicker replacement drop targets still might be nicer (albeit much more expensive).

Can you take a pic of your shield?

#1241 7 years ago

Thanks for posting. I'm buying the led drops. I'll let you know how they work. I'm mainly buying them cause they look cool and I have an addiction to mods.

#1245 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Are you guys replacing just the single drop target or the 3-bank too?

All four.

#1246 7 years ago

Pinzap, I copied your mod and it works perfectly. Not one airball. Amazing the difference it makes. I might have these professionally cut and I wonder if there would be a market for around $12 shipped? The edges would all be rounded, etc. Wouldn't be as blocky as mine. I would remove as much extra material as possible. Added pics of my other mods. Clear post with mainly trans rubbers. Yellow and orange pops, those were a pain to install, gold flipper bats.

1228162114 (resized).jpg1228162114 (resized).jpg
1228162059b (resized).jpg1228162059b (resized).jpg
1228162059a (resized).jpg1228162059a (resized).jpg
1228162058a_HDR (resized).jpg1228162058a_HDR (resized).jpg
1228162058_HDR (resized).jpg1228162058_HDR (resized).jpg
1228162058 (resized).jpg1228162058 (resized).jpg

#1250 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Glad it worked for you. I have already been in discussion with someone that has contacts at a company with laser cutting abilities to see if we can get these professionally laser cut and what he cost would be. I would not want to make any money (because lord knows it would be peanuts) but would definitely like to provide it as a service to other IJ owners. I guess it was dumb of me to post it before we finished the design process, but I'm naive that way.
I would ask that you not offer these for sale since it was my mod originally (at least as far as I can tell). Ok, there's no rocket science behind the idea and my thought was that anyone could make it for themselves (thus, no profit to be made). But I would still like to see the design process through myself as a service I was hoping to offer for those that don't have the ability to cut and shape themselves.

Not a problem, like you said, it probably it would be for peanuts and I most likely have better things to do with my time. My suggestion is in your design you round the corners and maybe cut in on the other side of the hole entrance so it looks more like a backwards L. Might be more visually appealing as opposed to one solid square of plastic. I'm going to tweak mine after I get my new drop targets. I'll post a picture. I'm just happy I have no more airballs. It was a great idea. Simple but yet perfect.

#1255 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Would target foam work for the strike plate issue?
I just removed my strike plate to see if the foam method works best. The only issue is that, upon testing with a ball by hand, the ball does seem to jump A LOT when it hits the hole to the point that it sometimes crosses the rail and goes back there! I'm afraid this would make the ball hit the POA during game play. Does this happen to any of you? Thanks!

It won't once you install the playfield plastic.

#1267 7 years ago

It's amazing the amount of discussion this topics gets. I have only had and IJ for two weeks an was able to remedy and forget the problem.

1. Remove plate.
2. Place foam on back rail.
3. Add tape under cliffy
4. Enjoy play

If you can't take apart the mini playfield you have no business owning an IJ. You don't even need to remove it, just move it to the side to get at the mode hole. It is a simple process.

I'm literally tempted to make a tutorial on youtube even though I have already done mine just to kill this topic.

#1268 7 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Here is what I did, I straightened the strike plate, and stuck a rubber pad on it.
But if you just use this piece, the ball will keep do a rebound, you need to slow down the ball.

So, I use a piece of foam that I cut in a triangle form, and I stuck it under the plastic as shown.

At this point, the foam needs to be big enought to slow the ball, but also not too much to allow the ball to be ejected.
When in place, the ball is never rejected again! And you almost don't see it because there is the mini playfield above.
here is a cheap and effective way...

No offense but this looks like shit. Just remove the plate.

#1287 7 years ago

The cliffy is an option. I bought cliffys before I knew of this mode hole issue. If you have a cliffy the strike plate holds it down, when you remove the plate u need another method to hold cliffy in place. I recently bought mirror blades and they come with thin two sided tape. Any hardware store should have this. Apply it to cliffy if you are using one. The tape is thin so it will fit flush. If not using a cliffy, ignore. Remove the strike plate, put foamy two way tape our some sort of cushion on rail behind. Put the playfield plastic back. It is held on by two screws in the front. Go on eBay and type in Indiana Jones mode hole plastic and one will pop up most likely. You don't need to modify the plastic by putting foam shit under it that looks guady as shit.

#1295 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks for the explanation! I will follow this instructions to the letter.
Do I really have to lower the saucer hole in order for this to work?

I don't know, I just did it. I'll get some pics tonight after wife goes to bed.

#1299 7 years ago

Okay, here are pics. Your manual tells how to remove mini playfield. As you can see I have two way tape in back. I bought a blue bumper pad from pinball life maybe I'll use in future. The tape works fine now. Washers are standard size. You can see I tried the elongated holes on my plate. Didn't work and it's going in the trash after this post

1230161942 (resized).jpg1230161942 (resized).jpg

1230161941a (resized).jpg1230161941a (resized).jpg

1230161941 (resized).jpg1230161941 (resized).jpg

1230161938a (resized).jpg1230161938a (resized).jpg

1230161938 (resized).jpg1230161938 (resized).jpg

#1301 7 years ago

The double sided tape was all I had laying around. I think I doubled it up. Just leave the paper on the side facing out. Don't want ball sticking to it. I'm sure pad will work fine also. I wonder if it will act as a bumper though. You want it to deaden the ball, not bounce it.

#1308 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

To be clear: It was dead drop foam from Pinbits, and the double-sided tape to hold down a Cliffy (which is a misnomer because it's all like one sheet of adhesive) is from Pinrestore.com.

Technically I'm using double sided taped for both. Foamy tape for rail. Super thin stuff for cliffy. If you don't have cliffy you don't need thin stuff. If you ordered Pinbits foam you don't need my make shift double sided tape

#1311 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Did the same thing last night. Started replacing a few rubbers, next thing you know, machine half torn down replacing posts and bulbs.
1am had to call it done for night.

I hear you. I'm neurotic and don't stop till it's finished. Working till 2am up at 5am. It's a serious problem. Searching for shit during work, researching issues, etc. Sometimes I think I need to sell them all before I get divorced or lose my job. No joke, I often think to myself, this is what addiction feels like. I know it's wrong, I just can't stop. Doesn't help that my machines have to be perfect. Every bulb. That's hard to do with pinball but somehow I managed on five machines.

#1315 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Good thing you mention this. Maybe you can help me by telling me the correct size and type of screw for the captive ball cage? Please see post 1305. Thanks!

Isn't it the same as the three that attach the bridge to the back? Take one out and see. If so, take it to hardware store. They look identical on mine.

#1317 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

On mine, those are too small. I'll just try the hardware store I guess. Thanks!

You mean short? I'll look at mine tomorrow.

#1322 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yeah too short sorry. Thanks!

Take other bolt in. Get longer one with nut. Done.

#1328 7 years ago

I used an amber strip from Comet. Lights it up perfectly and you can't see direct light from a players perspective.

2 weeks later
#1359 7 years ago

Has anyone had issues with their three bank drop target solenoid being unable to lift the targets? I recently swapped out my drop targets for the lit target mod. They worked fine all day yesterday and towards the end of the day they were struggling to lift. You would hear the solenoid fire but it didn't have enough power to raise the targets. I realigned the bracket to make sure they weren't catching on the playfield. They raise now during play but it seems the solenoid has to fire twice. I will hear it fire, you can see the targets twitch and then after it fires again the targets pop up. Do the solenoids get weak over time?

#1364 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I did a full 3-bank drop target upgrade a few months ago. My middle target would not stay up. Turns out it needed a need target (replaced all 3 of them) and also had a bend lift plate. I decided to replace every single part (including brand new springs) since I had the whole assembly out of the game. Put everything back in the game and sure enough, My targets would not engage, the coil would fire a couple of times to get them to stay up but they wouldn't. Turns out the new springs were SUPER tight. Put the old springs back in and problem solved! My 3 bank drop targets work perfectly now. Maybe something you might want to look at.

Thanks, now that you mention it I put a strong spring in the single drop and it wouldn't pull it up. Maybe I can swap out the three bank with flipper springs, they might be weaker.

#1366 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yes, that should take care of your issue. Either a flipper spring or just use one of the old springs you took out from the 3 bank drop targets. That's what I did. Works like a charm! You can probably change springs without having to remove the whole assembly. Let us know if it worked out for you. Good luck!

Swapped the springs, works like a charm. Someone else asked me to post pics of my lit drops. See below. They are good quality construction wise. The light looks more like a mode hole light as it is more lit at the bottom as opposed to lighting up the whole drop target. Thought maybe the whole drop target would glow. I took the pic to with all the lights in the room off and no flash. Maybe I should try pulling the GI light out from behind the drop on the left. Overall they are cool.

0117172111b (resized).jpg0117172111b (resized).jpg
0117172111 (resized).jpg0117172111 (resized).jpg

#1368 7 years ago

Try polishing those ramps first. I was going to have mine plated and I polished with brass cleaner and they came out great. Save money. Also, order some skinny post rubber for your poa ramp. It's a bitch to hit and it opens it up a bit. Still a tough shot.

2 months later
#1548 7 years ago

Did the guy ever finish making the drop target deflectors to stop airballs? I made a set and they work great, game is so much better with no airballs. I was going to make them but he told me to back off because he was going to, so I did. Then radio silence. These would be very easy to mass produces and an asset to ij owners.

#1552 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

DJ... sorry, my initial text wasn't intended to be harsh (as in "back off" as you mentioned), but I noted that my drop target broke after I mounted the small acrylic plate above them and wanted to hold off before putting something out there that indirectly caused other problems. I replaced all 4 drop targets and have been watching for wear, so far with positive results. I agree that this mod is nice to basically 100% eliminate air balls in my case. So, feel free to distribute as you see fit. It's just a piece of plastic with a couple holes and easily produced by anyone with a few minutes.
Not worried about IP theft so to speak, so distribute as you see fit. Might be nice to give me a bit of credit for the very minor idea I had to create this (I have so few great ideas), just as I gave maffewl credit for his original idea for a similar deflector on potc. If you somehow get super rich off this be sure to invite me for some champagne on your new yacht!!

Sorry, you weren't harsh, just typing from my phone so was brief. I didn't feel you were rude at all and it is your idea. Just wondered if you lost interest. I don't have any plans and would have to contact some suppliers. Time isn't a luxury I have so probably won't even happen.

#1557 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Sounds like we have similar lives!! Ha. Tell you what... I'll race you to see who can get them drawn up and converted to CAD the quickest for mass production. You give me a two month head start and we'll call it even... GO!
In reality, I would like to see others benefit from this so I may give it one more college try this week before giving up if you're not already working on it. PM me separately if you've already started down that road and i can hold up. My intention is not to delay what might be a useful mod for others, even if only to a few.
Lastly, I've heard others mention that simply changing to newer, stiffer drop targets may be sufficient to eliminate many air balls because the older ones flexed too much due to age (acting as catapults on rebound so to speak). Have no idea if this is true, because I put my deflector back on after replacing my drops. Might play around with that also in all that abundant time I have on my hands.

I haven't even begin to start. Go for it. It's not a priority for me. If I'm bored in a month or two maybe. I bought new custom lit targets that are stiffer. Didn't help

3 months later
#2070 6 years ago

Well, I made them and they are available to you. NO MORE AIRBALLS. These are laser cut to perfection and predrilled. Simply bolt on and you will NEVER have an air ball again.

$25 shipped for both pieces.

To order send regular paypal payment to [email protected] (underscore between "r" and "b" "mr_b...."). The link underline hides the underscore. Include your address and a reference ij airballs mod.

20170813_200603 (resized).jpg20170813_200603 (resized).jpg

20170813_200612 (resized).jpg20170813_200612 (resized).jpg

#2074 6 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Are these in the marketplace?

Yes

#2075 6 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

They offend everyone!

So do airballs! Stop them!

#2078 6 years ago

All orders will ship the next day.

#2080 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey guys, Where can I get those amazing illuminated drop targets!! Those are awesome

TKDalumni makes them.

#2083 6 years ago

peterg your right, I think the tendency is to go into "mod mode" as I think we can all fall victim to. Yes this Indy is amazing, and i want to keep it as original as possible.
When I purchased my INDY all I intended to do was the following
• Clear playfield and deep clean.. ✔DONE
• Add leds, ✔DONE
• New Balls and Rubbers, ✔DONE
• Add a brass kit, which I have..., ✔DONE <-Should I NOT install this? Really all it needs is new legs
Thanks for putting me in check, I think the airball protector is the one necessity, and exception.

Obviously I am biased because I sell them. However, this "MOD" isn't a toy. It serves a purpose. Airballs are a common issue with IJ. Game plays sucks with them and they can cause damage. Broken plastics, etc. For $25 you get to preserve the game and improve game play. No brainer. I would have sold my IJ by now if I didn't fix the mode hole and airballs. They practically ruin the game. It really is a must have compared to other mods.

In reference to the custom drop targets, it's a bolt on. You keep the OG stuff. It isn't going to hurt the value. When you sell it you have all the original stuff and you can put back to OG if you feel it should be marketed to a purist.

#2085 6 years ago

djshakes 100% agree, what did you find worked best for the mode hole? I ordered some dead drop foam and was going to modify the ball guide deflector>

I tried modifying the deflector. I elongated the holes and bent it up. Worthless. Remove it completely. I then install the thick blue rubber bumper used on ramps directly behind the hole on the rail guide (see link). I installed regular foam on the rails on the side of the mode hole. It is recessed deep enough where you don't see the foam. After removing that stupid deflector and applying foam I can stick the hole 85-90% of the time.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=689

#2088 6 years ago

A majority of you should have or will be receiving your mod today. Let me know your thoughts.

#2091 6 years ago

FYI regarding airball mod. I was told that if you have the lost plastic it pushes pieces around the single drop target forward making installation difficult. If you have a lost plastic on your back board please specify and I will modify the single drop piece to accommodate.

$25 both pieces. [email protected]

20170813_200602_001 (resized).jpg20170813_200602_001 (resized).jpg
20170813_200553 (resized).jpg20170813_200553 (resized).jpg

#2093 6 years ago

djshakes shoot I just got mine, and yes I have the lost plastic, can I just sand it a bit? ALso thank you so much, question... I have not tried to install yet, but the plastic is super thick, do I need new hardware to attach?

No hardware necessary. The plastic isn't much thicker than stock pinball plastic. Here is what I would recommend if you have the lost plastic. See picture. Do you have a dremel tool? Just notch the screw holes. This way you don't have to take the nuts completely off either. You could also drill a hole in the center on the rear edge between the two holes to accommodate the wire ramp. You can see in the pic that a customer with the lost plastic sent me the wire ramp is just a tad too forward to allow the piece to drop on. You should be able to modify easily. Let me know if you can't do this or screw it up. I'll send you another that will work.

Post pics when you get it on.

I will ask any new buyers if they have the lost plastic and send one that will accommodate.

Again, all this is necessary only if you have the lost plastic backboard.

20170819_074716 (resized).jpg20170819_074716 (resized).jpg

Lost plastic (resized).jpgLost plastic (resized).jpg

#2097 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

The mod is a good idea, but faulty in the area of the hidden ramp thru the lost treasure lane.
If a ball gets airborne it has so much energy that the plastic on the left and right will be damaged very soon.
You should modify the clear plastic on both sides, so the the ball couldn't reach the plastic!

"If a ball gets airbone"?? This mod will stop all airballs guaranteed. There is no if. I have used this mod (my prototype) for almost a year. No issues. If by some stroke of pure coincidence your mod breaks I will replace. It won't happen though.

No offense, but I put a lot of effort into getting these made and you throwing around the term "faulty" without using or owning is strong terminology that could taint potential buyers. So far, all that have purchased have been extremely happy. I stand by my product.

1 week later
#2132 6 years ago

REMOVE THE DEFLECTOR!!!! END Discussion. Not this all over again.

#2155 6 years ago

I did yellow, orange, yellow with led rings.

20170821_201832 (resized).jpg20170821_201832 (resized).jpg

#2188 6 years ago

Looks really great. Is see you got the airball mod on. Good stuff. I never knew they made those decals.

#2206 6 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

681 plays in 4 days. Airball deflector did not survive.

I'll get a new one to you asap.

#2209 6 years ago

I stand by my stuff and will replace if there are any issues.

3 months later
#2626 6 years ago

FYI guys, I have about 20 airball mod stops left. Not making anymore. Get them while you can.

Check my ad in the marketplace.

#2633 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thanks - I’ll start with this.
I never really noticed when the next games were added to be sure but seems like an easy possible cause.
I’ll let you know

You'll know if you enter a high score and it double up an initial.

4 weeks later
#2827 6 years ago

I have about four airball mods left and after that it's all done.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/58067

#2833 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I have about four airball mods left and after that it's all done.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/58067

I have one set left for $20 shipped. I also have three extra single bank protectors for $12 each shipped.

8 months later
#3704 5 years ago

Hey All,

I'm going to be making the airball mod protectors very soon. I need to acquire a set as I sold all my old stock. I know of a set locally that I will be acquiring. I'll post them in the market section when ready.

1 week later
#3731 5 years ago

I should have the airball protectors ready in a couple weeks. My plastic guy is a bit backed up. I'm going to have them made of different material this time. One that is more shatter proof.

#3737 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

More shatter proof? Did people have issues with your first run of protectors?

I had a couple that broke. Games that were routed, etc. Keep in mind you are talking about a piece of plastic that is being repeatedly slammed by a metal ball. Nothing will last forever, just like playfield plastics that don't get nearly the abuse. However, for $25 it they last you a couple years that is a minor investment for such a drastic change in playing experience. Let's face it, without this mod the game is frustrating to play.

#3764 5 years ago

I got my old prototype samples of airball protector today. The rest is easy. Take to plastic shop and then sell. Watch for a for sale thread.

Will also be making for tftc.

2 weeks later
#3816 5 years ago

THEY'RE BACK. GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN!!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70818

Orders go out next day.

#3821 5 years ago

Thanks guys. Sold 1/3 of my supply in less than 12 hours. Get them while u can.

#3829 5 years ago

Glad to hear it. Anyone else that enjoys them can bump my for sale thread with positive feedback. People nerd to know how great this game is with no airballs.

3 weeks later
#3849 5 years ago

It's a nice design. Better than mine looks wise. Would be curious to see how the plastic holds up as it is thinner. Also doesn't remedy upper single bank target whereas mine you get the set. I would think for the collector machine with minimum plays this would be better because more aesthetically pleasing. For consistent play mine might be better for durability. I guess it all depends on the cost considering artwork, shipping, etc. I still have about 40 sets left of mine. If yours are superior I'll pass the baton to you.

#3855 5 years ago

How much are yours going to cost Davi?

I have about 40 pairs left. Maybe I just blow them out if you are going to start making them. I don't plan on making another run and my sales have slowed down significantly. I remember the last time I did it they slowed down a lot. Only so many people on pinside and I haven't sold one on ebay like I used to.

2 months later
#3952 5 years ago
Quoted from 2Fun:

Amazing. Quality. Great job!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that my old machine?

#3954 5 years ago
Quoted from 2Fun:

I don't believe so. Bought it in northern california almost 2 years ago.

Huh, mine went to NorCal. Does it have clear star posts? Custom planes? I had those targets. Not many people have those. Just curious. No biggee.

6 months later
#4674 4 years ago

Is there still a need for airball stopper mod? I know someone improved my design and incorporated the plastic with graphics into the mod. His looked better than mine but I don't know if he's still making. I was maybe thinking of making a run again if no one is making.

1 month later
#4809 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

They are custom made.
There's no official dealer who sells them.

Looks like there is enough demand again. My sales dropped off quite a bit towards the end of my last batch. I'm going to research plastic companies to see if they can cut. The one I used previously is out of business.

#4820 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Agreed. No offense to shakes but the ones I bought from him broke very quickly

I think you got my first batch. Second was
pet-g. No reported breaks.

#4821 4 years ago

I want to buy an indie so this will incentize me.

1 week later
#4836 4 years ago

I'm having airball mods made again. Dropped off sample today. Should hear back from shop early next week. They will be made from pet-g. Will post when ready.

#4839 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

That is good to hear. My old one from you broke in a day. Pretty disappointing to say the least. I wish I knew the first one wasn’t pet-g before I purchased. I guess you should never assume. Good luck with the new version.

Why didn't you contact me? I would have issued a replacement. In a day? That thing must have gotten nailed pretty good. I only had to send a couple replacements from both batches of over 200.

#4841 4 years ago

Once they are made ill get one out. Hoping this new manufacturer is reasonable on price. I'm hoping there's still market.

1 week later
#4853 4 years ago

Hi All,

Airball mods are in production. Only making 25 sets. $22 a set shipped. They are made of acrylic and not PETG. My guy couldn't get PET-G. The funny thing is I realized my first sets were PET-G and I had more breaks. The second run was acrylic and I don't think I had any breaks. The acrylic is slightly thicker, maybe that is why? Regardless, you are buying a low cost mod with a purpose of taking slams from airballs. They will not last forever (maybe they will) but even if you get 3 to 4 years out of them for $22 with significantly better game play and protection I think it is worth the investment. PM me if you would like to get on the wait list. I think they are being delivered around Nov. 6th. Once I have them and verify the quality I will collect payment and ship.

2 weeks later
#4899 4 years ago

Airball mods ready. Pms sent last night to those interested. Only made 25.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87609

1 month later
#5133 4 years ago

It was one of mine. Bought over two years ago. I had them made in pet-g and acrylic. I've had both crack occasionally over time. Funny thing is pet-g has cracked more. People think pet-g will never break and they are wrong. I don't know why pet-g has as it does a counter intuitive but I stopped making them in pet-g because it wasn't worth the extra cost. My latest version is thicker than the ones made two years ago and so far none have cracked.

I haven't had to replace many but I have had to replace some of the older ones. People need to understand you are only paying $20 for a piece of plastic that is intended to take hundreds, if not thousands of slams from a metal ball. It is impossible for it to last forever. However, if it has improved game play for a couple years at such a nominal cost, isn't it worth it? It's like replacing rubber over time. It's a consumable product.

I'm not saying anyone in particular is complaining but I have had people expect it to last forever. It's just not realistic.

3 months later
#5789 4 years ago

Is there still a need for airball mods? I might make another run of 25.

1 week later
#5881 3 years ago

Airball mods back in stock. I have 25 sets. Check my marketplace ad.

20200428_162229 (resized).jpg20200428_162229 (resized).jpg
#5921 3 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

I purchased 2 sets of these about year and half ago and was best buy i ever made. I am still using my first set. Never an airball, easy to install and you dont even notice they are there. If you dont have any installed, get em!

Thanks friend!

1 week later
#6007 3 years ago

I have 11 airball mod sets left. See my marketplace ad. A must have for IJ.

1 month later
#6182 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I have tried both EVA and neoprene closed-cell foam in different thicknesses.
Neoprene is rubber, dense, and very durable. EVA doesn't hold up to abuse as well long term.
Both are available on Amazon, but obviously my recommendation is neoprene.

Remove the mode hole stop, then put that stuff on the ball guides behind. You have to remove the mode hole stop of you wanna stick the shot constantly.

1 year later
#8427 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Davi and Djshakes have previously made airball protectors for the single drop target and the 3 drop target, however Davi recently posted that he doesn't have any left. The other thing is maybe post a wanted ad in the Pinside marketplace, you never know someone maybe holding a spare set.

Hey guys. I have been out of pinball but just reached out to my fabricator and might have 25 sets made.

1 month later
#8897 2 years ago

I swear Davi and I an not competing or colluding and I am no longer into pinball so I don't check here often. I also just had 25 of my airball mods made. I probably wouldn't have if I knew Davi was. Mine are clear. His look much better than mine. Mine are just clear laser cut plastic. I'll give props when they are due. By the time I receive mine (in production now) his may be sold out. Prices on everything went so mine will be $30 a set shipped.

What are the odds we both made ours at same time? Davi, honestly, I would have waited if I known you made yours. I hope yours sell out.

2 weeks later
#9023 2 years ago

Airball mods posted in marketplace. All those that purchased yesterday ship today.

2 weeks later
#9077 2 years ago

I'm down to 12 airball mod stoppers. Details in the marketplace. A must for this game.

4 weeks later
#9124 2 years ago

I'm down to three airball mods left and might not make again. Was a two year gap since last time I made.

1 year later
#10334 1 year ago

Hi All,

It's been a while since i have been on pinside but I have a lot of PM's requesting my airball mod. FYI, I'm going to be making 20 sets that should be ready in two weeks or less. Watch for my ad.

#10401 1 year ago

All airball mods shipped. Only four left in stock. Thanks everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 85.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

14,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djshakes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.