IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zigzagzag.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8346 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah it’s a pinball term. The predrilled or primed holes where you fasten the Playfield parts

To be fair, this is not only with Mirco playfields. It is a common issue, I have experienced it with NOS playfields and other manufacturers as well. I believe Vid has talked about it in one of his playfield swap threads.

10 months later
#9719 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Does anyone have a pic of when you open up the PF under the PF where the pivots are there is a metal on the back of the PF hanging down on both sides I just don't know how they go back on if I have them right or not thanks for any help

Maybe this post/picture can help : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/31#post-3715815
If you look through the topic image gallery you can usually find what you are looking for.

3 months later
#9875 1 year ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

I'm getting "factory settings restored" every time i power on the machine.
Measuring 2.5 v on pin 28 at U8 when the game is off.
Does that mean that D2 is failing ?
[quoted image][quoted image]

CR2032 batteries (which it seems is on your battery board) only deliver 3V.
The diode adds a voltage drop around 0,5V.
So assuming there's a single CR2032 battery (not easy to see in the picture) 2.5V is within expected range - but if it is enough to keep the RAM alive is another question.

1 year later
#11043 5 months ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hello Indy Owners -
I have a recurring issue that is just not going away. I had posted about this a few months back as well. My mini PF will act strange on startup of the machine and either fail or get "stuck" in the right position. In this case I get the 94 and 95 switch error. Sometimes just cycling power fixes it. Other times, I have to pull the glass and force the mini PF back to the center position and then it is good again. I have done all of the following steps and still have this intermittent problem.
- Removed the mini PF and ensured there was nothing in the way of it when it is moving left and right.
- Changed both PCBs that affect the mini PF relatively recently, the one in the back left of the machine and the one under the PF near the trough on the left.
- Changed all of the "pit" and "extra ball" optos on the mini PF
- Reseated the connector on the board towards the trough multiple times. One of the connectors feels like it can move slightly but it seems tight enough on there.
- The diodes under the mini PF a few times have been bent funny causing issues with the registering of the switches, and I've adjusted them so they are now not touching anything and do not cause any interference.
With this behavior it really seems like a connection issue. Why else would it give me trouble upon boot-up often but once I manually adjust it, it is fine for a day or until power is off for a while and the game is powered on again. The only thing I haven't changed is the motor, but given the inconsistency I don't think the motor is the issue. Could it be a cold solder joint somewhere and if so, where? This problem is super frustrating given how intermittent it is.

Does the motor stop or does it try to continue and make grinding noises?
Could be the gearbox is worn or partially broken.

3 months later
#11551 34 days ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Yes I thought so too I thought he needed where the hole is for the gun so right side of cab to the gun hole and from right side from top of cab down to the gun hole

Maybe this can help?
https://github.com/jonaskello/wpc-cabinet/blob/master/references/front_shooters_v2.png

#11553 34 days ago
Quoted from zimzam:

Thanks jazc4 for helping. Close but looking for the measurements from the face of the front cabinet to the top and to the side of the gun mount itself. Converting a JD cabinet for a scratch build IJ.
Just need the correct position of the entire gun assembly on the front face of the cabinet. If I get those measurements I can figure out the carriage bolt and switch holes I need to drill for the cabinet.

Thanks zig. I think the bottom left drawing should work for an IJ yes??

I think so, yes. You might want to double check and measure the hole distances on the gun itself and see if it matches the drawing.

3 weeks later
#11649 11 days ago
Quoted from Rebel76:

Thank you everyone for the replies.
I would like to repair the original board, not so much for value but more to see if I can actually do it. Sadly testing components is something I have not quite figured out. Been reading through posts here for awhile now trying learn what to test but haven’t come across a direct answer on what would cause row 3 of matrix to quit working.
As for the value concern, I picked the machine up for under $5k. It would not play, row 3 has the start button on it, no sound, lighting issues and it had dozens of lights/rubbers that needed replaced.

You can find a good guide to troubleshooting the switch matrix here : https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Williams_WPC#Switch_Matrix_Problems

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,419.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

14,000 (OBO)
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zigzagzag.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=Zigzagzag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.