IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VALIS666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5137 4 years ago

I'm running out of ideas trying to trace this short down, so I wonder if anyone here has any Indy-specific advice on where to look. I feel like I've looked everywhere five times already, but who knows what I overlooked or is hiding in plain sight.

My wife demonstrates how easy the short is to trigger and clear, just raising/lowering the playfield half an inch does it:

I've actually been able to clear it by just raising the playfield a barely perceptible fraction of an inch, never mind half an inch. So you'd think the culprit would be in plain sight, but it isn't as far as I could tell. Or it is, but I'm just not seeing it.

Also got this while playing/troubleshooting last night: "Check Switch 45 Center Enter"

That's behind the 3 drop bank to lock balls in the Totem. Any idea here? It still seems to recognize locks and sends balls to the Totem, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Thanks.

#5139 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

No idea about the #45 switch, sounds like a switch in there needs adjustment/replacing? If it's working as intended maybe it's getting stuck closed occasionally and working itself out. Best to identify the switch in the manual and get in there and take a look.
I had an issue with my WOZ where the bottom of a leaf switch close to the side of the cab was shorting when the playfield was all the way down. If I lifted slightly like yours the problem also went away in switch test. I'd look at the switches in that row and see which, if any, are near the side of the cabinet. And also take a look at them all regardless to check for weird wiring. For my Woz, I had to add some electrical tape around the metal underside of the leaf switch, as no matter how much I bent it it was pushing into itself and shorting... causing some very whacky switch matrix issues in the process.
Also, did you really pick up 18 machines in your first year? Man, I thought I went crazy haha... great stuff

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, seems like it's something *just barely* pinched or touching metal, most likely around the coin door/front portion of the cabinet, but it's hard to find good viewing angles when the playfield is down and the short is active. It's really like a needle in a haystack at this point.

Technically, 19 in my first year, as I have a Gilligan's Island on a long and lazy journey across the country thanks to STI/Beltmann, which is starting to resemble the actual journey of the SS Minnow. I've been playing for decades and dreaming about owning machines for just as long but never had the money or space, and finally in year 46/47 of life, my number came up, so to speak, and I couldn't contain myself. (I actually have an account here that's 8 years old, it just became inactive and I forgot the password).

And a shoutout to Jersey City! Lived there twice in my life, along with Hoboken for a while.

#5142 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

It’s says the Row short is on the left return lane. Have you checked out that switch under the PF?

It's actually row 6 that's shorted, white/blue wire, which covers 8 or 10 different components (right pop, N rollover, upper right orbit switch, left return, etc.) and I've looked at each one of them a few times. I just had that test screen on in the video since it was an easy way to demonstrate the short triggering on slightly bumping the playfield.

#5173 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Has the market softened up a bit? I’ve had my IJ up for sale for over a month. I’m down to $6800 and It still hasn’t moved.
Mine is a solid game overall, never taken me so long to sell a game before, kind of weird. I’ve sold a ton of them.

January and February are just low spending months across the board from consumers, businesses, everyone. If you don't have a need of the money/space right way, personally I'd relist it at $7500 in April, tax refund season.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,419.00
$ 29.00
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

14,000 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VALIS666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=VALIS666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.