IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider That_Pin_Dude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#901 8 years ago

For more tilt, you can also file down the width of the opto interrupter.

1 year later
4 months later
#2896 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Power help....thanks to Rensh , Mike M., Rdoyle and a few others for the assistance so far. Thank you!
So I think I know what to do but before I go and do anything I want to ask for confirmation.
I’m connecting external power supply to run lcd and Pinsound. I just want them off the pinballs power driver board.
This game is a reimport so no plug. It was suggested to use the AC power to the coin door dollar bill validator. Upon inspection my game does not have this. So here is my idea...
AC from wall comes into the power box, through the line filter, then out to the switch. From there it comes out the power box to a large molex connector that feeds the transformer. In order to tap the AC current I would splice the black, white wires between the power box and the molex connector that is feeding the transformer. I would create a splitter and off that line run AC power to the switching power supply and ground the power supply to metal power box. From there I have it covered in terms of what DC voltages go where.
See pics as a reference. One is the wires going in and out of power box, another inside the power box as described above , and the other is of me holding the wire I’m considering splicing.
Can anyone confirm for me if what I want to do will work and be the appropriate way to run AC to an external power supply? Thanks in advance for reading this and offering some advice. Much appreciated.

Why not just add the outlet plug to you machine? It is very easy to wire in. Pull up the round rubber hole filler and there will be a square hole for this: http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=SER001

#2898 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Never thought of that. Rensh mentioned a plug earlier maybe that was it.
Ok so if I go that route where in the power box does it get wired to?
This essentially could then feed into and external power supply AC line. I would want the outlet to be hot only when switched on otherwise mods would always be on...or I’d have to unplug and plug in.
Thanks for offering that suggestion. Could be much cleaner/easier.

There is a previous post on this here on Pinside: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reimport-hack-service-outlet-install
Normally this outlet is powered any time the machine is plugged in.

#2901 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Thanks for the link! Its certainly an option. I'm not sure yet about this as the plug will always be hot since I don't unplug my machine.
My other idea was to de-pin the two A/C wires on the Molex connector and re-pin them with a double wire in each pin - original going into the transformer and the jumper set fed to the switching power supply. If done this way I'll be able to control everything with the cabinet switch, thus powering everything on at once.
Thank you for your feedback!

Tapping into the switch side of the line filter for the outlet power would accomplish this as well.

9 months later
#3847 5 years ago

How will one achieve a "You Cheat, Dr. Jones!" lock shot with this in place?

1 year later
#7264 3 years ago
Quoted from Inpw:

I made up my mind and am in the process of going full incandescent. I think the game really profits from the warmer and softer light and I actually don't mind having to change the bulbs a bit more often. I'm sure you could get almost the same results with LED OCD, but to me it's not worth the pricetag and hassle to get it just right.

I am a member of the incandescent club as well. However, because of vibration, I suggest you should use 444 bulbs, led bulbs, or BriteCaps from Pinball Life in the pop bumpers. You will save yourself a lot of hassle trying to change one of those out.

#7266 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

He did say, "Full incandescent".

What do you think a 444 bulb is?

#7280 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I'm also thrilled to see so many incandescent-bulb-lovers come out of the woodwork for this machine. And I thought I was the only one!
[quoted image]

There are about 18 in the club:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/incandescent-bulb-fan-club

#7282 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Wow, 18 members after six years. The popularity is through the roof! Looks like I missed the mark on that "dozens" meme.

Eventually we die and leave the club. I am down to about half a case of original GE 555 and 44 bulbs. After that I will have a existential crisis on my hands.

1 year later
#9826 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

The one connector that you have a picture of looks like the wrong style; for what
Williams has.
You might have to make an intermittent connector to fit the driver board.
Or, repin the wires to the correct connector required for the WPC system.

That is a Trifurcon connector, and it is much better than the standard IDC connector.

4 weeks later
#9891 1 year ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

What spring should be on here?

10-389

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

14,000 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider That_Pin_Dude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=That_Pin_Dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.