IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10216 1 year ago

I am thinking about using the Hot Toys IJ figurine with the idol as a topper for me game. Any suggestions on how to make the figurine and the cardboard background sturdy enough, so that they would work ok as a topper? Thanks for any info!

Link to the Hot Toys figurine with the idol and background: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-o0uHOG8Rw4g/UGLVYiVaZDI/AAAAAAAAKXo/xVOEswdAuoE/s1600/Hot+toys+DX05+Indiana+Jones_3898.JPG

2 weeks later
#10266 1 year ago

Would the PinSound board and PinSound shaker work with EndProdukt's sound track with a WMS IJ? There are the files for EndProdukt's soundtrack version available at the PS community, but does it have the shaker codes also (which I guess are needed for the PinSound shaker to work)?

Thanks for any info!

#10269 1 year ago

Jarbyjibbo and beltking Thank you very much for the info!

4 months later
#10691 9 months ago

I installed Pinsound board and Pinsound shaker to my WMS IJ and now the game has started resetting. Could it be that the power has gotten a bit weak and a "No More Resets" -board should be bought to go with my IJ or is there something else to try first?

#10693 9 months ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

You can pull the data files from the storage device and see the voltage reading at the Pinsound PCB to determine if that is the cause of the resets.

Wow, that's convenient.

This is what the self-diagnosis file tells me:

"5V MEASURED: 4679mV (expected range: 4700mV - 5100mV)
[lowest 5V measured: 4629mV / highest 5V measured: 4766mV] "

Its time for a new power source or the no more reset -board I guess?

#10695 9 months ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Based on that reading, I would recommend you replace the capacitors on your main driver board (or get a Rottendog drop in replacement).

Great news if the power source is not dead and new capacitors would help. I am not good at electronics, but my friend is, so my plan is now to get a NoMoreReset-board and then get the spare capacitors, which he could solder in their places, when he visits. Would it work like that to use NoMoreResets as a temporary cure? You meant replacing the big capacitors in the power driver board, right?

1 month later
#10790 7 months ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Based on that reading, I would recommend you replace the capacitors on your main driver board (or get a Rottendog drop in replacement).

Thanks, I had the board serviced and caps changed and other bulletproofing applied to the board as well. In the end it had a bad BR2.

#10791 7 months ago

I have the strangest problem with the mini-playfield. Sometimes there is a mode in which I should hit the ball to the mini-playfield, but instead the ball passes the whole mini-playfield to the lane on the left of the mini-playfield and lets the ball travel that route onto the playfield. Also I have noticed that even though the mini-playfield corrects its movements, sometimes there is a slight delay in it doing this.

I made searches and found the following topics on what I believe is a similar issue with the ball passing the whole mini-playfield altogether, but did not find any solution to this. Any help, what is the suggested approach to fix this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/120#post-5640383
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/120#post-5641050
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/145#post-5969898

Thanks for any tips!

#10793 7 months ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

On your first issue, you can try to adjust your pitch to be a little steeper. If that doesn't fix the issue, you can put two washers (one on each side) of the rope bridge upper bolts, so that the rope bridge tilts forward towards the player slightly. This will for sure fix the problem, especially if you have the lost plastic installed.
EDIT: In reading your note again, perhaps I misunderstood. I thought the ball wasn't dropping on the mini PF. My proposed fix is meant to help the ball drop onto the mini PF. If you are having trouble with your mini PF functionality, there are two PCBs you can service. Also make sure that the mini PF is installed in the correct position so it can fully rotate.

No, many thanks - that's an excellent tip - many times the ball does not drop onto the mini playfield, instead it rolls pass it onto the ramp on the left.

#10804 7 months ago

I have Pinsound and installed on it the EndProdukt's version of the games sounds. Which is the best version to install?
Pinsound Communities have: "Jedi Re-Master of Endprodukt Sound files", "Indiana Jones - Reorchestrated", "IJ_Remastered_Endprodukt.zip"?

When I had my previous WMS IJ, I also had then the EndProdukt version of the sounds installed and to me there were a lot more callouts, but I might not remember this correctly. How is it, is the number of callouts diminished on the versions available at Pinsound Communities?

Thanks for any info!

1 month later
#10905 6 months ago

I have to trouble you yet again, but with my game, usually it is so that the ball first drops onto the miniplayfield ("path of adventure" it is called I guess) quite nicely, but if I after that manage to hit the ball again onto the ramp, the ball passes the whole mini-playfield to the lane on the left of the mini-playfield and lets the ball travel that route onto the playfield.

Isn't one supposed to be able to continue the game on the miniplayfied if one manages to hit the ball onto the right ramp? Or is there some setting for the time how long "path of adventure" is available?

Any solutions - adding washers behind the ramp leading to the miniplayfield?

Thanks for any tips!

#10908 6 months ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Are all the switches working? Optos on the right ramp?

I will check, thanks!

#10910 6 months ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Nepi23-
The mini playfield is supposed to be used when Path of Adventure is lit. The length of time the Path of Adventure stays lit after using the mini playfield is an adjustment - A.2 22
Default is 15 seconds - that is, once the machine senses the POA was used, you have 15 seconds to use the POA again. From my experience, you can keep this going without limit.
However, if you don’t access the POA within 15 seconds, you have timed out and need to spell ADVENTURE to get path of Adventure active again.

Brilliant, thank you very much for this info!

#10911 6 months ago

It seems that the up post that diverts the ball to the mini-playfield can get stuck to the low position and that's why the ball goes to narrow escape. I tried to wiggle the up post a bit and got it to move quite smoothly, but still it gets stuck on occasion in the low position. It might be a bad coil sleeve.

EDIT: checked and in hand the up post moves really well. It seems that if I fasten the screws tight that fasten the coil bracket to the playfield, the up post gets stuck. But in the other hand if the said screws are loose, the up post moves really well...

EDIT2: I think I found the sweet spot, it was a matter of adjusting the coil bracket of the up-post and the rope bridge.

#10912 6 months ago

It seems that when one fixes one problem, other one emerges. The path of adventure works ok now, but all of a sudden, when playing, I lost all sounds and instead there was a low humm -sound only from the speakers. I am using Pinsound and had just installed the Jedi remix of EndProdukt's track.

Anyone else experienced the same and what might be the problem? I have just had the power driver board checked and repaired.

#10926 6 months ago

My shooter lane switch was not responding to the ball and the automatic shooter was not launching the ball onto the playfield and that's why I adjusted to shooter lane switch. After that I get two error-messages: 1) err. drop bnk bad, chk. switch/coil and 2) er. sngle drp. bad chk. switch/coil. I had noticed before that the middle target in the middle had kept banging up and down and I have therefore ordered already a new opto-board for the three-bank. The single drop target seemed fine to me by eye, no loose wires etc. there.

Even with the 3-bank error the game functioned ok before. However, now with the both errors present, I cannot start the game. Also there is one ball stuck in the subway and the game does not seem to know how to eject it from the subway to the idol.

Your help would be most appreciated - what might be the problem here?

#10928 6 months ago

For me its more serious, first I did now manage to start the game at all, but when I finally got the game started, the pinball machine did not feed any ball to the shooter lane and even though there was a ball search, it did not fire any balls from the trough to the shooter lane. This situation continues. Also one ball is still stuck in the subway and the ball search does not seem to find it either. Really strange.

EDIT: according to the manual, LED 3 should be off, but it's on in my game now. Would this help in narrowing down the problem?
EDIT2: posting the question also onto the tech forum

IMG_6424 (resized).jpgIMG_6424 (resized).jpgIMG_6425 (resized).jpgIMG_6425 (resized).jpg

#10930 6 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Sounds like your 12v is having issues.
12v supplies the trough optos and optos all around the machine, if the optos have low voltage, you won’t get the action you’re looking for

Its so strange, I had my power driver board serviced a month ago... If that would be the culprit behind the missing 12v.

#10931 6 months ago

Solved: Fuse 105 had blown. Still LED3 is on, but the game works ok!

#10955 6 months ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Maybe separate the 2 issues. 6 ball trough and single drop coil switch. Have you tested each trough opto to see if they register ok? Might need a cleaning or replacement.

I had something quite similar a page ago. For me, one fuse had blown:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/219#post-7825480

Maybe worth to check it out?

#10980 5 months ago

Strangest thing - I have the 3-bank target error and I went and replaced the opto-board, but still the error continues and the middle target keeps banging up and down at the start of a new ball... What might be the trouble, since it apparently isn't the opto-board after all?

Thanks for any info!

#10983 5 months ago

I replaced the middle drop target. The new drop target had a much bigger plastic tab on it. Also I noticed that one washer was missing behind the middle drop target that was giving headaches. To me it looked like the middle drop target was banging up and down, but the problem apparently was that it could not stay up. Once I had replaced the drop target, the problem went away - played a few games and it seems to work ok now. I even put the old opto-board back. Thanks for the tips!

2 months later
#11265 3 months ago

EDIT: never mind this question. Pulling the connector and connecting it again a couple of time resolved the issue. Unknown are pinball machine's ways!

-----------------------
Really strange problem occured. I had powered my Pin2DMD HD previously from J116. Now I started to power the Pin2DMD HD from an external power source and when I connected J116 connector back to its place, the pinball machine does not boot! When I disconnect the J116 connector, the pinball machine boots ok (although it seems some lights on the playfield are not operational - that I had noticed before and as I thought it was a power issue, I got the external power source for my Pin2DMD HD.

3 months later
#11676 3 days ago

I was playing a game and got to the Path of Adventure. Well, I tilted the path during game with flipper buttons and the path remained tilted after that during the whole game until I went to miniplayfield test via the coin door where I tested the path and in the test mode the path seemed to work ok. Also when exiting the game menus, the path straightened itself automatically. Could this be an opto problem (new opto board needed) or a power problem or what? I have pinsound with shaker consuming power from the game at the moment.

Thanks for any help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

12,500 (OBO)
Wanted
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=Nepi23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.