IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NYP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7936 3 years ago

I would not recommend painting the cabinet just around the perimeter like that. The decals are translucent and you will see that bleed through from behind.

3 weeks later
#8028 2 years ago

Been following Ricochets progress on the IJ Mode fix and admire his perseverance! The man is on a mission! But it wasn't in time for my IJ restoration and I went ahead and put it all together and while playing it I was frustrated as hell when the ball kept bouncing out of that damn mode hole. I knew I had some of those Pinball Heaven brackets somewhere and I finally found them! So now I had a decision, wait for Ricochet's fix or try the Pinball Heaven bracket. So here's what I did. Just to experiment, I took the original bracket and drilled a hole and mounted a rubber on it, the black one pictured. But when I compared them to the P.H bracket, I could see that it's angled differently and I thought when the ball hit it, it would reflect downward. I read in another thread to elongate the 3 holes to move it back more, so that's what I did. I've been playing the shit out of it all week and the ball goes in every time now. So I'm putting my mini playfield back in and calling this done!

This I.J is sold but I'm actually restoring another one for my personal collection. So now my dilemma is should I wait for Ricochet's fix or use another P.H bracket! Anyway took a few pics to see if they help people understand the geometry of the old bracket as compared to the P.H bracket. You can also notice how the P.H bracket has an offset bend to sort of step it back a bit. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I am looking forward to seeing Ricochet's final design!

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#8114 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning everyone... I would need some advice on how to debug a GI problem. On my recently picked up a Indiana Jones (Williams) it turns out that GI is super super dim. It's currently equipped with incandescent, it's so dim can actually see the incandescent wire very easily.
So before I dive in, look up the manual on the GI circuitry, any advice you would have?
Thanks

You can try with the "allow dim illumination" setting turned off and see if that helps. Other than that I would start at the transformer and make sure the GI connector isn't all toasty looking and overheated. Then a trip to the backbox to check the 2 GI plugs on the lower left of the power driver PCB.

2 months later
#8686 2 years ago

I think the mix that hep uses has a few advantages. One is, less die-back. He seems to be able to clear and polish and start reassembly with much less wait time. I think his clear formula is also much harder and he goes out of his way not to put it on too thick. When I first started using Spraymax I made the mistake of putting it on too thick, combined with not waiting long enough for cure time and die-back.

9 months later
#9716 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

I forgot I had this... it's a pretty cool flyer.
[quoted image]
Too bad that putting it in a frame hides the 3d pop out effect.

Or you could try these other versions that don't have the pop up:

https://nypinball.com/flyers/indiana-jones-4/

https://nypinball.com/flyers/indiana-jones-5/

2 months later
#9810 1 year ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Anyone come up with a better solution for the mode kick back issue. I can only get the ball to stay in the cutout if the shot is very light. I tried one mod that made the hole a bit deeper......anyone have a better solution
thanks

I had good luck with these: http://www.passionforpinball.com/ijpros/ij-mode-def001a.jpg

http://www.passionforpinball.com/ijpros.htm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,419.00
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

14,000 (OBO)
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NYP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=NYP and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.