IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3923 5 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Send PM if you are interested.
Color your choice
[quoted image]

Oddly enough, I too am making these rails, but a sculpted, modded version (been slowly working on the project in some form since Oct. [already have a working mold and cast of the original rails, and should have something to show soon]). Crazy multiple modders seem to be on something similar at once, but it is good for the hobby as these rails are unobtanium (fortunately I've had a couple Pinsiders helping me with the project).

#3925 5 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

i wish its not a copy of my design set. i was the first who start with that before over a 1 year as you can see in my threads

Wish granted (I would never copy someone else's work, and I prefer to stay away from any mod that would be overlapped as it has been here). As I don't own an Indy, I didn't know about your work until after I started the project, and had no way of knowing you planned the rails. I'm sure yours will be the best and fit your set, which again, I'm not looking to match.

1 week later
#3976 5 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Sorry for delay. Some test colors
[quoted image]

Those came out great! (you work fast to do that many). And your machine is looking flawless. The color palette you show there near the factory playfield will help me in deciding on how to paint my sculpted version, so thank you for that (and to note, I will never offer a similar replica to yours despite having the mold, so I won't be stepping on your toes there).

The design/sculpt for my rails is complete. I may give a sneak peek to those that have gotten on my PM list before the full reveal, but it will be soon. I'm working to get a mold done currently, and hoping to have a painted and wired version ready any day now .

#3995 5 years ago

Suppose I should show what I've been working on as well. Some of the teasers had been going out to PMs. More in the next few days. This is without paint of course. LEDs will be an option and have a capacitor in the circuit for smooth, fiery lighting effects.

Left rail to be revealed soon.

20190131_235600 (resized).jpg20190131_235600 (resized).jpg20190131_235606 (resized).jpg20190131_235606 (resized).jpg49718 (resized).png49718 (resized).png
#3997 5 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

i really like the mask. not kidding at all. looks great!

Thank you. You did good work as well, and yours undoubtedly matches your set the best

#4020 5 years ago

Not sure if the GIF will work (I put some photos together that show some of the process to get to this point--3 silicone molds were made in total). Will make my own thread soon. Pictured is an LED version without the LEDs installed yet. I'd like to offer a sandy color option as well (will have that to show before I accept any orders--still some final things to test this week amongst unrelated work).

EDIT: Can't get my GIF to work (not something I've posted here before, and none of the photobucket links seem to work--uploading through Pinside just shows one image..hmm).

EDIT 2: Started a development thread here (includes a Youtube version of the slideshow I tried to post here): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-hand-sculpted-poa-rails-medisinyl-mods-development

EDIT 3: Added new photos with LEDs installed

20190205_184824 (resized).jpg20190205_184824 (resized).jpg
20190206_004548 (resized).jpg20190206_004548 (resized).jpg20190206_004403 (resized).jpg20190206_004403 (resized).jpg

20190206_004604 (resized).jpg20190206_004604 (resized).jpg
#4029 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

medisinyl... There is a pull down box where you attach your images (on the right side) that specifies the resolutions. Default setting is to convert the image to Med-res (max 2048 largest side). In order to upload a GIF you need to change that to "Original Size (no rescaling)".. and you do this BEFORE you attach the image because that's when the resolution is downsampled. For a GIF, the downsampling creates a single static image. (Edit: I see that davi already mentioned the no rescaling option. Looking forward to checking out the GIF...)

While I added a youtube version of it to my dedicated thread( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-hand-sculpted-poa-rails-medisinyl-mods-development ), I'll try that method here...and hey! It Works! Thank you! (and Davi )
Webp.net-gifmaker.gifWebp.net-gifmaker.gif

#4031 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi - Any idea when these might be available and estimated cost? That is amazing work. Thanks

Trying to keep some of the information in the dedicated thread, but I'll be busy with other work until Sunday, so this is on hold for a moment. I'll be aiming to open up orders sometime next week (plan is to ship a first run of at least 5 sets within two weeks of opening orders[gives me time to order additional materials based on demand and make the parts], then runs every week after that), and I'm hoping to have a non-LED version finished with a different color option to show before quoting any final pricing information.

If it's feasible to do more than 5 sets in a week, I would attempt to do so.

I have several people on a list currently and will first offer the mod to those people in the order I received interest. Again, hoping to get another color option shown before anyone makes any decisions.

As always, I appreciate the interest

#4035 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Please put me on the list of interested people.

You're on it

1 week later
#4044 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Not sure if the GIF will work (I put some photos together that show some of the process to get to this point--3 silicone molds were made in total). Will make my own thread soon. Pictured is an LED version without the LEDs installed yet. I'd like to offer a sandy color option as well (will have that to show before I accept any orders--still some final things to test this week amongst unrelated work).
EDIT: Can't get my GIF to work (not something I've posted here before, and none of the photobucket links seem to work--uploading through Pinside just shows one image..hmm).
EDIT 2: Started a development thread here (includes a Youtube version of the slideshow I tried to post here): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-hand-sculpted-poa-rails-medisinyl-mods-development
EDIT 3: Added new photos with LEDs installed
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

For those that don't follow the main thread ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-hand-sculpted-poa-rails-medisinyl-mods-development#post-4837594 ), here's an update to show where I'm at with the second color option I mentioned here. Additional information can be found in the thread.

IJstonetest2 (resized).jpgIJstonetest2 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#4199 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Just wanted to post some pics of the great work pinsider Medisinyl did for my IJ. He created the custom crafted/painted POA rails and also painted my ruins to match exactly. Really top quality craftsmanship. Check out his thread detailing his fantastic work.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Ricochet:

Looks fantastic!
Hands down the best realistic mod I've seen on IJ. Its just subtle enough not to contrast heavily with the toony styling of the game. This is one I kind of wished I got in on.

Quoted from Soulrider911:

Looks great! Really like how subtle the treatment is, well done!

I appreciate all of the positive feedback.

I do need to note that the PoA rails are currently out of production. I do have a new waiting list building in case I run them again later in the year.

The idol ruins paint service is still available, and I can be PMd for details.

1 month later
#4392 4 years ago

Excited to finally show the new mod I've been working on for awhile

Mod thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-temple-fire-light-jackpot-mod-medisinyl-mods-

Sales page: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02555-indiana-jones-light-jackpot-temple-cover-mod-lite-jackpot

More photos and information on the sales page.

Hopefully this does the game some justice in upgrading the factory plastic

giphyij.gifgiphyij.gifjack3.jpgjack3.jpgjack4.jpgjack4.jpgjack7.jpgjack7.jpg
#4395 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Dude those are SO DOPE.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Blown away by this! The Lite Jackpot plastic is a total eyesore. Great job!

Thank you both! The positive feedback is much appreciated. No idea how many hours ultimately went into the project, but there were many redesigns and failed prints along the way to get everything to look and fit just right (as usual ). Can see I was originally going with a longer wall, but had to wrap it around to make sure the plane wouldn't cause any issue.

Part on the far right is the newest version, but of course unfinished. Changes over the main pictured mod, which was the version between the two right-most models, is a very slightly slimmer left side (though the test model already fit without issue). Also added slits inside for the red insert.

Inner shaping takes the rivets on the factory plastic and such into account as well.
20190603_212558 (resized).jpg20190603_212558 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#4471 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Here are a couple pics of medisinyl's Light Jackpot Temple mod installed on my machine next to his rails. Great work.[quoted image][quoted image]

Great photos! Thank you.

Glad to finally see a pic of the mirror version installed and what appears to be a red flasher--that may be the way to go with this one, and still seems to light the fire well enough.

Your game is looking awesome ...perhaps one day I'll get an Indy of my own. Would certainly make the mod work easier. Fortunately I've had the help of three other Pinsiders on these. Despite all the complaints I read about Pinside, the community here is generally awesome from what I've experienced.

2 years later
#9027 2 years ago

I'll be donating one functional, and one non-functional Jackpot mod prototype to the Project Pinball auction this year (earlier, non-functional as just something interesting to see at the show, or as a collectible if someone enjoys having a piece of the process).

I've had a ton of demand for the IJ mods since discontinuing them, and this will be the only/last opportunity to get one from me. I intended to donate these last year, but of course the event was cancelled.

More information in the mod thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-temple-fire-light-jackpot-mod-medisinyl-mods-

This prototype is unique as the tiki/idol head fire pit didn't make it into the production version.

20210913_173040 (resized).jpg20210913_173040 (resized).jpg20210914_152501 (resized).jpg20210914_152501 (resized).jpg

#9029 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Did you ever run the mini pf rails again?

No, they were permanently discontinued. They were very messy to make from home, exceptionally time consuming, and by around then, I was working on Alice Cooper, which was a game I was excited to design for (long wait before it arrived).

Only about 17 out there (1 early gray one that has imperfections, and about 16 gold ones). I also have an unfinished set on hand I'd use if I ever get the game.

#9031 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Would you share the ‘how to’ make one?

Some of that can be seen here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-hand-sculpted-poa-rails-medisinyl-mods-development

As to not destroy a factory set, I made a silicone mold of the original PoA rails, borrowed from Pinsider "hawkeyexx".

I cast that set with resin and clay sculpted on top of that--carving the resin in some places with a dremel as there was no room for added size in some areas.

Then of course made more molds for the final sculpt.

#9033 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

If I may make a suggestion (and that's just a suggestion, so you're of course free to not follow it ) : would you consider 3D scanning your part (several techniques are available, one being photogrammetry which does not require equipment besides a good camera and a turn table for small parts) ? You could then offer it for sale on Shapeways for example, you would get a cut of the sale, and the end user would need to do the painting. This is what was done for the "Snack Bar mod" for Creature from the Black Lagoon, as the original mod creator did not want to build it anymore, but at the same time there was a significant demand for it so he created a DIY guide.
Could do that for all your mods, that way you at least have a "digital version" of your work

The only mods that I'm willing to release publicly are available on Thingiverse under Medisinyl: https://www.thingiverse.com/medisinyl/designs

My response and reasoning on this topic can be found in several other threads over the years.

#9035 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Thanks for your response. I'm a big proponent of documenting stuff so it's not lost (as was the case with Eli's mod for ex on Tron, or many other mods over the years). That's why I find Swinks (creator of the snackbar mod among others) super interesting. But I can fully appreciate you would have a different opinion on this.
Regards

I can appreciate Swinks doing that, and I've also given out a handful of DIY projects and write-ups over the years.

I'd mod for free if I could. I'm passionate about it, but rely on the business to succeed to be able to continue (still, the art comes first, and I'm lucky to have a community that often agrees with my vision). It's now well known that my mods will eventually be discontinued and never offered again, despite significant offers after the fact--always amusing to me, and reassuring that my stance is leaving customers with mods they won't lose money on (it would pain me to see someone lose money on something I've sold them). There is a subset of mod buyers that want and appreciate limited mods that become sought after (as a lifelong collector, I understand the importance and excitement of it, and that's worth protecting).

While I can see the value of getting my work into as many games as possible, setting a precedent of giving away/selling mod files or molds that were promised to never be made again would diminish trust in me and the value of everything I've created. If it's expected that the end of a mod's life is to make it freely available, rather than permanently discontinue it, I can't imagine people would be as apt to buy it, or feel as much magic in owning it (this may make more sense to empaths).

While I "lose" money not accepting the crazy offers I receive for discontinued mods, keeping to my word has enhanced the support for each new creation, more than making up for it, without compromising personal values.

The only way a discontinued item would surface would be a one-time offering to a charity auction, or things like these prototype pieces.

The PoA rails were more unfortunate as they weren't meant to be cut so early (I think about 45 were on the list when I discontinued them, and inquiries have been regular since), but I have to stick by my word on those, and even think it's neat to have such a premium mod out there that's rare and sought after (I know many that have them feel the same).

2 years later
#11436 60 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

These are so amazingly intricate and interesting. Is the material very durable, or is it fragile?
For curiosity sake, how much were they?
Thank you for resharing

Old mod thread here for more photos: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-hand-sculpted-poa-rails-medisinyl-mods-development

They were clay sculpted off casts of the original rails, and resin cast for the final version.

Face based on a figure from the film.

My backlog on other mods may be 2 years long, so no chance of these these anytime soon, and I have lots of new development I'd like to get to when beyond that, but perhaps one day I'd find time to make more, but no promise it will happen.

Various reasons led to me scrapping production early, despite a long waitlist (significantly underpriced, messy, drama at the time, and my ACNC got delivered and I was more passionate about working on that, and quite busy since).

Pinside_forum_4824127_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_4824127_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_4943930_2 (1) (resized).jpgPinside_forum_4943930_2 (1) (resized).jpgchachapoyan_demon_sktch (resized).jpgchachapoyan_demon_sktch (resized).jpgflmchachapoyan_demon (1) (resized).jpgflmchachapoyan_demon (1) (resized).jpg
#11439 60 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Maybe reach out to Medisinyl Mods and let them know there is some interest on a re-run of these?
https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1394-medisinyl-mods

You happen to still have a set laying around you want to sell?

No set on hand I'm willing to sell, and as you may expect, there have been countless inquiries over the years.

And indeed, aware of the large interest. As suggested, nearly 600 others on lists for STh/Elvira mods to get to, and will want to move forward with something new when I can.

But I do think it's a shame I made so few, as developing these was a massive project, and I still like the result. More of something to consider if there's ever breathing room to make short runs in the distant future.

#11458 59 days ago
Quoted from rx3:

The custom rails and ruins are definitely nice with all the detail and paint, but to me, they just look out of place in an IJ machine.

All subjective, but hard for me to believe if the game came with such ruins and a figure from the actual movie, that if someone came out with a mod to look like the factory red rails, that anyone one would look at those and think the red rails are a better fit

I may be biased, but I also like how my set covers the bare wood at the front (created a challenge for making the mold, but thought it was important when making the effort).

#11460 59 days ago

Have my friend Marissa full time, and just added part time help this weekend from a friend that has a different full time job.

Slowly working toward a future with more time available, but as noted, I'll be driven toward what I'm most passionate about, and "farming out" my work strictly to boost profits isn't in my vision/business model, though I realize many won't understand how this autistic creature operates, though whatever I'm doing seems to be working in upholding how I see things should be, and many appreciate my hands on or close supervision method in everything I do, rather than something mass produced.

Also glad to see others able to resell what they've supported me on for often 2-4x what I charged, so it also prevents throwing the value down to nothing (not something everyone cares about, but it also supports how I like to run things and provide value in hand made products that have a soul).

#11465 59 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

People aren't clamouring for the Rob Zombie range so much.

Only ~300 made, but ~50% of RZ games are modded with at least the LDG Mausoleum (Charlie Emery was my first buyer[sent everything I made free after that] ). Still get PMs about RZ, but those are long discontinued.

#11468 58 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just used it as example.
I'm not a modder, mine were all in there when i got it, mostly have fallen to bits though, chicken sign and such is in the coinbox, as the thing on the spinner. Ribs are not as busted up as my own, but i bet they are sore.
The hologram dead girl is the best mod i've ever seen. Is that one yours?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Edit; I forgot about Jimmy's 86 pixel backboard display in my Tron.
Second best mod ever is the Living Dead Girl.

Yes, those are my mods (LDG one of my earliest mods, made in 2017 [quality has improved since the RZ days]). It's an infinite mirror effect.

edit: though the chicken sign (lamp) wasn't my mod.

#11469 58 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

I don’t know what you just said, but hopefully this means there’s a chance your going to re-run these rails
[quoted image]

The thought has been, if any more get made, that it would be ~5 at a time when time allows, and they'd just be put in the Pinside shop rather than a list. But would be at least a couple years before I'd expect to consider them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,419.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

14,000 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Medisinyl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=Medisinyl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.