IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kahanaohana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#364 9 years ago

i just bought one of these, it should be here next week, i cant wait. Is there a good tutorial video with someone explaining the rules and game play? ive searched YT and didnt see one. thanks

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not that I know of, but congratulations...to me AND you! Now I know where to play an IJ next time I'm in Kauai!

get a hold of me next time u come out. Im sure ill need some tips on how to play this thing.

2 weeks later
#402 9 years ago

ok, its here, visually it looks like its in good shape, I know the poa has some issues, and with all metal here in Hi, the metal has a crusty coral look to it. Any poa experts here I can talk to on how to diagnose the problems and how to fix them?DSCF2790.JPGDSCF2790.JPGDSCF2792.JPGDSCF2792.JPGDSCF2793.JPGDSCF2793.JPGDSCF2794.JPGDSCF2794.JPG

#405 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Those are decals so I probably wouldn't expect any cab fade.
What kinda POA issues do you have going?

how can you tell they are decals? I know nothing about this game. In test mode the poa does nothing, it says some type of errors, where do I start? thanks

#416 9 years ago

my poa isnt working, it doesnt work in test mode and optos dont trigger. I removed motor and hooked power to it and it spins and gear looks nice, so i assume motor is good, i ordered the great lakes opto board. Theres another board (see pic)under pf that motor hooks directly to, i think its called bridge driver board in manual, a-15946. I dont see the red light on, should it be? where to order that board if its bad? how do i test it? thanks, bear with me im new to fixing pins.

DSCF2804.JPGDSCF2804.JPG
#425 9 years ago

Im trying to figure out this poa problem. I did some looking around. I replaced POA opto board with GLM one. I removed motor and hooked power to it and it spins. What i think is the problem is the board under pf that supplys power to poa motor isnt working. The red light doesnt come on, im not sure how to check it, im new to this. What I did do, which im not sure is right, i took my meter and put blk wire to ground strap, and put red wire in each of the pins on that board (it has two copper coil on it) the first pins had .1 on meter, but the last wire grey/yellow had 12v. Does that mean the board is getting power? is that board replaceable, where to get it? thanks for any help.

DSCF2810.JPGDSCF2810.JPG
DSCF2814.JPGDSCF2814.JPG

#427 9 years ago

bump, where can I order that board?

#429 9 years ago

ok thanks, ill get it fixed.

#433 9 years ago

The "super ball" button...Im guessing it extends your game when it ends? mine flashes at end of a game but doesnt do anything when i push it, what/where to look to fix this? Everything is plugged into it. thanks

#437 9 years ago

let us know what your problem was and how you fixed it so I can have a heads up when mine does it, thanks.

#439 9 years ago

I still have a few things not working on indy, im slowly getting it there. if any of you indy owners have a chance and can help a fellow newbie owner out, please give me a call so i can compare a few things on my machine and maybe you can steer me in the right direction. Thanks, Scotty on Kauai 808 651-3736

#441 9 years ago

If anyone can help, the issues im trying to solve are. during multiball sometimes the elephant is blowing the trumpet and the gate is going up and down like its trying to release a ball but theres no ball in that spot, there is one in another idol spot though, and idol test comes back ok when i test it. Another thing is switch 71 (front captive ball) 72 (top hole mini pf) and 73 (lower hole mini pf) arent registering in switch test. How do I diagnose and fix? im a newb. also where is switch 74 (right ramp made)? thanks, Scotty on Kauai 808 651-3736

#443 9 years ago

ok i got my switch 71 to work (loose wire in idc) can another indy owner confirm this for me. I just swapped out my 10 switch opto board with the great lakes one. I swear I put everything back as it was, but according to the manual J6 (far right idc) goes to mini bottom hole and J4 (far left idc) goes to front captive opto. I have mine with J6 going to front captive opto (switch 71 and its working fine), and J4 going to mini bottom hole. Can you look at yours and see how its wired. thanks

#444 9 years ago

another question: the post that goes up and down to let ball into poa, mine always seems to be up, it goes down to release ball into poa but i cant remember ever seeing it down to let ball go past poa and into far left stainless steel exit ramp. normal?

#447 9 years ago

i tested mine and it doesnt go down in survive the bridge mode or multiballs, it sometimes works in steal the stones but for the most part the post is always up and when ball gets to it, it sits there until game goes into ball search mode and it drops. The rollover switch in front of it works in switch edge test. what do i check? thanks

#449 9 years ago

it works fine in solonoid test mode, is it some kind of programming thing? It moves freely up and down, no binding.

#454 9 years ago

so im trying to figure out my up and down post problem that leads to poa. in solenoid test mode it goes up and down (T.4 35) but in hold test (T.4 36) nothing happens, I assume it should fire and hold? can someone check theirs and see what it does. thanks

#456 9 years ago

that rollover switch next to the post, triggers good in switch edge test.

#457 9 years ago

how about switch 87 "top trough" where is that? I can seem to find it and trigger it.

#459 9 years ago
Quoted from SCOTTinHUBERTUS:

That's in the ball trough. An opto switch.
Scott.

thats what i thought, but when i roll ball down, i cant get it to trigger. according to diagram in manual its on the far left of trough, but when i fill my trough up with 6 balls i dont see any other optos besides the 6 ball optos.

#460 9 years ago

so as i play this more and more things keep coming up, sorry for all the questions. Sometimes as im playing a game, the music will stop, it will be dead silent except for sound effects. Then when new ball starts everything is back to normal. what causes that?

#463 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Do all of the switches on the right ramp trigger properly in test?
Just because a switch triggers in test doesn't mean that the software isn't relying on multiple switches triggering properly during gameplay.
When you test these switches always use a ball, not your finger.

the right ramp enter opto triggers, the roll over switch next to top post triggers, the post goes up and down in test mode. but in game play the post doesnt drop, ball sits there until game goes into ball search mode, then it drops into mini pf. what do i try next?

#465 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

What rom version are you running?

when i turn it on it says 5007 ver L-7 is that what you mean?

2 weeks later
#468 9 years ago

Got Ij working. What a great game. Couple questions:
1- "special" was lit, how did i do it? how to collect and what do you get?
2- I got to eternal life and the music turned off, all the sound effects were going but no music, as soon as eternal multi was over music came back on like normal. Is this normal?

#470 9 years ago

my well of souls always kicks out 6.. it might be the through, mine did that, if you looks closely the trough will get very small dimples that keep the balls from rolling down trough smoothly. I used a dremel and sanded the track down a bit and now it works good. Can you see if your eternal life multi ball has music playing during that mode, you have to complete all 12 modes first. mine, theres no music just sound effects.

#475 9 years ago

thanks, i figured there should be music. Thankfully I got a guycoming out here next month for some sun, surf and pin repair.

#476 9 years ago

great idea, im on it. thanks

#478 9 years ago

Are you guys able to hit that top right rollover light on the top right of poa? Ive tried probably 20-30 times with glass off and it doesnt look possible just from the geometry of the game. the ball sits against that post and as soon as its released it rolls forward and goes towards left side if poa. I can hit every switch except for that top right one, is there a way to adjust something? Can you guys check and see if you can it on yours.

#489 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

1. It's possible the PoA is not wel connected to the rotation rod. I had the same problem. Check the Allen screw at the entrance of the PoA.
2. You can adjust the position of the POA too a little bit away from the PoA entrance. The ball will have a bit more space to roll in. Loosen the Allen screw to do so. Beware the outlane won't hug the metal roll-over part below the PoA.
3. Check the wiring inderneath runs free over other pf parts. Maybe some wiring adjustments are needed on PoA. It's a damn loaded assembly!
Succes

how can you pull the poa away from rod? it mounts only one place with the 2 screws below poa.

#492 9 years ago

As usual thanks to you guys i got it all dialed in, The POA and mode hole shot. For the mode hole I put gorilla tape on deflector and on left side of entrance to hole to slow ball down, I also did what someone suggested, drill 3 new holes on deflector so its sits a tiny bit more back. Now I can hammer that shot with right flipper and it doesnt bounce out. For the POA, I put a small piece of gorilla tape on bridge at entrance to poa which slows the ball down enough for me to control what side it goes to, as far as the ball flying through poa with no control, I put 2 small washers under each of the 2 screws that support the lower part of poa, this raises the poa just a bit to slow the ball down. thanks for help.

DSCF2870.JPGDSCF2870.JPG DSCF2871.JPGDSCF2871.JPG
#494 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

The right inlane guide flap seems way more bended than what is common. But if it work for you than its fine...
Btw... The mode start hole I have fixed by removing the deflector at all. Then put a piece of drop dead foam behind the hole. You could even lower the red bottom plastic underneath the actual hole by putting small washers between the plastic and the pf. Since then I have not had bounce outs!

I read about removing the defelctor and was thinking about it, but that opto would be right there with no protection. Ill try this for a few days and see how it works. thanks

#502 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Oke, now I have an issue to resolve:
- For some reason when getting "Quick Two Ball" Multiball awarded from Hand of Faith (bonus) the multiball won't start. Other bonuses are just awarded like they should.
Any idea what could be wrong?

are you hitting the captive ball to start it?

#504 9 years ago

can someone take a look at there positioning of there coil on the bracket that operates up/down post to poa. I removed mine to clean it and I swear it was lugs at bottom of bracket(away from playing field) when i removed but mine wont fit in that direction now. Ive seen pictures of others and cant tell from far away pictures how its supposed to be. does it matter which way they are? It fits perfect with lugs towards top but that looks weird to me. thanks for help

#507 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Here you go...

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

thank you

1 month later
#510 9 years ago

anyone ever heard of this.....when I get to eternal life multiball the music turns off, sound effects all work, just the background music turns off. It only happens in eternal life multiball and goes right back to normal after mode is finished.

#512 9 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

That's happened a few times on my Shadow, common DCS problem I think

is there a fix?

2 weeks later
#529 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Annual attempt at getting poa to work. Today I focused just on getting it to go right and not dump into the pit after my last tabs tweak. Added a felt foot to spoil the smooth action (I already have two washers under the front of poa) that would launch it into the pit even all the way right. Will see how long it lasts but I'm liking it.
Uploading video now

yes video please, im always tweaking mine, trying to get it perfect.

#531 9 years ago

nice idea, i have a piece of black gorilla tape where you have the felt tab to slow ball. Sometimes I still get the pit. Ill try your way, I like how it bounces it back into rubber then sends it down right side. nice.

#535 9 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I don't remember my exact technique but the idea is to make sure it always goes right when tilted right, by adjusting the tabs. But then you'll see times when it will go right when it should go left. To fix that, put a small rectangle of drop dead foam (or similar) on the left tab, and it should hang down a little below the tab. This will prevent it from bouncing to the right.
Note: Always test this by placing the ball on the above metal ramp and letting it drop down. Test at least 300 times.

I would live to see pics or video of your set up, this thing is hard to get dialed in. Sometimes on mine, the post will go down and the damn ball rolls right past poa and down far left ramp.

#539 9 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Ive noticed there are optos beside the ball here.
What does it activate? The only way I can activate multi ball is when I hit the ball hard enough to hit the red target up the back. (Which can be tough) maybe mine aren't working?

DSC_9901.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

i believe it activates the quick multiball and scores the small jackpots during the 2 ball multi, i dont hit it very hard to activate multi. its also scores the super jackpot. If you hit it really hard and it hits the back switch i think it scores more points. I believe its sw# 71 in test mode.

#541 8 years ago

Finally!!! Ive had this game about 3 months, play it daily probably 10-20 times a day, borderline obsessed, today I hit all the shots on eternal life multi ball and got the billion points. Ive been so close several times, just missing by 1 or 2 shots. I had one easy shot left today and couldnt hit it and started to panic, but finally hit it for the 1 billion call out. I got it out my system and can give the game a break for awhile. Only you guys would understand this milestone. Mahalos, now I can go surf or something else.

#545 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Can someone verify when the large arrow insert should Be on in front of right ramp. I picked up the ark mod from rierman and am very impressed. Easy install. Pics up soon.

it comes on during different modes, for example: it comes on for "rope bridge" and "streets of cairo" probably others (maybe during jackpot)but im not home now to check.

1 month later
2 weeks later
#576 8 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Hi Everyone,
Just picked up IJ over the weekend, and had a question about a secondary board attached to the DMD board in the backbox. Here is a picture of the board. I have never seen this board on a machine, and it's not mentioned in the manual. Also, I have installed a ColorDMD display, so I don't even think I need this.IMG_1381.JPG Thanks!IMG_0922.JPG

auxilary driver board, section 2-13 in manual,part A-16100. from my limited understanding the game has so much going on it needed a extra board for xtra otpos and stuff.

#578 8 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Thanks, and apologies as I need to be more specific in explaining which board. This is the board that is in on top of the DMD board with the two large capacitors.

mine doesnt have that. Mine looks very different. Manual says dot matrix control board goes there, maybe yours is just some aftermarket kind.

heres a video of mine.

#581 8 years ago

Does this sound like a rom issue.....once in awhile when a mode ends, the music from that mode will continue to play until I start a new mode or drain ball. I reseated connectors and bought new ribbon cables, still does it. Maybe I need to buy new rom set?

#583 8 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

What game ROM version do you have?

newest one, L-7 i think it is.

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

I would first replace the game ROM again to L7. Also, is your CPU board original or aftermarket?

cpu is aftermarket, do i buy the whole rom set?

1 month later
#641 8 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

I just joined the cheating Dr. Jones club a few months ago. After reading through some of the recent posts, I have a question. Are you supposed to be able to backhand from the left flipper into the mode hole? Mine cannot. I can backhand into the lock hole, but just barely.

Yes, i backhand that thing all day long, i prefer that way, its a more controlled shot than right flipper.

1 week later
#651 8 years ago

Today my middle opto on the center drop bank stopped working. Ive never dealt with this board before. the optos look riveted on. where do u get these optos? how to replace them? ill probably just get a new board from marco for $32, but i would still like to know more about these otpos. any info, thanks

2 weeks later
#665 8 years ago
Quoted from Player1:

Hello all,
Picked up my first IJ recently and really love the game. Need some advice on the POA if anyone can help. Everything about the POA works except the optos for the holes. The POA tilts back and forth like it's supposed to, the wire switches all score, it resets to level, etc. However I just noticed when the ball falls through either hole it goes unnoticed, also in switch test if you place a ball or your finger in the hole I'm not showing any switch hit.
Any thoughts on where to start?

my poa holes werent working either. I switched the idcs to trifurcons on the board(A-15430 10 switch opto board) that those optos plug into and now they work fine. try wiggling those 2 idcs around while triggering those 2 holes and see if they trigger. Should be 3 idcs at bottom of that board, 2 are for the poa holes and 1 is for captive ball opto.

2 weeks later
#676 8 years ago

here u go, i just took these for you.

DSCF3333.jpgDSCF3333.jpg
DSCF3334.jpgDSCF3334.jpg

#678 8 years ago

my 120 and 121 are reversed compared to yours, doesnt matter i dont think which one they plug into.
purple/white, empty, empty, orange/white, brw/white, purple, empty, empty, empty, orange, brown

4 weeks later
#737 8 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

That's a good father-son pinball story there, RDReynolds.
BTW, while we are in IJ Club, I have a related question... who here completed Eternal Life Multiball and got awarded 1 billion point (with glass on, of course )

After watching Bowens tutorial on IJ the other day it pumped me up to play mine, I got to ELMB and beat it. Second time doing it. POA is the hardest part, so during the first 30 seconds when ball save is on, I concentrate only on POA. ended with 2.4 billion.

2 months later
#763 8 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

First, Canea - thanks so much for the tips and help!
Couple of other questions for the club -
1) The game has a button below the start button on the front, labeled "Super Ball", that allows someone to add a ball to a game that is finished. Does anyone know how to disable this? I have read the manual end to end and scoured the internet, struck out.

Feature adjustments..#31..set to off.

#765 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks for getting my back, Scotty! And I'll be in Kauai the last week of August (everything's booked already!), so I'm looking forward to meeting you and exploring parts of the island we've never seen before...in our previous 17 visits!

see you then. 7 pins and counting in brewery. Water will be nice in Aug.

#767 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

We will be in Hawaii at the end of March/early April!
Unfortunately we won't be on Kauai

if you repair pins, ill fly you over for a couple days of sightseeing and maintenance.

#770 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If you let me know what you need done before I come out, I can try to come prepared.

we'll see what breaks down by then. You can give us the fix it 101 class at minimum. thanks

3 weeks later
#803 8 years ago

make sure your idol release balls at end of game feature is on, its somewhere in menu, i forgot where.

2 months later
#862 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Highly suggest moving the ball stop bracket back some. That really helped mine.

I did this, drilled new holes and moved it back a hair. helped a lot. still 1 out of 4 bounces out. If I back hand it, it stays mostly every shot.

3 weeks later
#899 8 years ago

i put a couple washers under the lower bracket that holds poa to pf. It raised it just a hair so the poa angle wasnt so steep and that way you had time to play with ball, I believe i settled on 3 thin washers under each bolt. I also put some black masking tape on side walls of poa where ball drops in which also gives some friction and slows ball from zipping down poa, Not sure if that helped but the washers for sure did. now i can hit any switch or hole needed. hope this makes sense.

6 months later
#1077 7 years ago

I had divots in my trough and balls would hang up, and I bought the pinbits plastic piece, it works. I also got my indy working 100% heres a video for what its worth, maybe something on video might help you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
$ 12.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kahanaohana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=Kahanaohana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.