IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guzz4851.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2823 6 years ago

Does anyone know if a Pinnovaters pinsub kit will work in conjunction with a Pinsound board? Or does Pinsound eliminate using this?

1 week later
#2853 6 years ago

Anyone who has a powered sub and wants to amp it up, I have a pinnovators sub kit that I’ll sell. Works for any WPC game. Way more thump out of the Polk than using the speaker wire method.

#2855 6 years ago

^^^Actual audio quality is the same. The board serves as a cleaner connection directly from the sound board. I had to turn the sub down some as it feels much more powerful. I can say this because I thought the speaker wire was good, but this method is even better if you like some extra bass.

#2860 6 years ago

Anyone running a color dmd and a Pinsound in their IJ?
I’m considering this and an external power supply upgrade. I believe Pinsound runs on 12v and I know the newer color dmd runs on 12v. If that’s true is there a need to run an external supply? I know color dmd used to use 5v and people were having reset problems etc...Appreciate anyone’s input that has this setup.

#2862 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nope. Runs fine with both on mine. You really need a solid PDB but the game will handle the load fine. Suggest getting the latest PinSound mix and donating...
My game also has LEDs and the LEDOCD so it would seem there is headroom.

Thanks for the input. I’ll check out the sound. Did you go LCD or LED for Indy?

#2867 6 years ago

Thanks for the input Peter!
Yeah I should have mentioned that my IJ has LEDs already. No jackpot board. That helps a bit vs incandescent. I’m planning an LCD with Pinsound. The LED uses less power but I don’t think it’s that significant.

#2871 6 years ago

Thanks for the tips. I don’t have jackpot board. LED is so bright and for Indy everything is dimmer. I like dots xl so I was considering lcd. Just concerned with blowing something up using both mods together lcd and Pinsound.

#2894 6 years ago

Power help....thanks to Rensh , Mike M., Rdoyle and a few others for the assistance so far. Thank you!

So I think I know what to do but before I go and do anything I want to ask for confirmation.
I’m connecting external power supply to run lcd and Pinsound. I just want them off the pinballs power driver board.

This game is a reimport so no plug. It was suggested to use the AC power to the coin door dollar bill validator. Upon inspection my game does not have this. So here is my idea...
AC from wall comes into the power box, through the line filter, then out to the switch. From there it comes out the power box to a large molex connector that feeds the transformer. In order to tap the AC current I would splice the black, white wires between the power box and the molex connector that is feeding the transformer. I would create a splitter and off that line run AC power to the switching power supply and ground the power supply to metal power box. From there I have it covered in terms of what DC voltages go where.
See pics as a reference. One is the wires going in and out of power box, another inside the power box as described above , and the other is of me holding the wire I’m considering splicing.
Can anyone confirm for me if what I want to do will work and be the appropriate way to run AC to an external power supply? Thanks in advance for reading this and offering some advice. Much appreciated.

36C3A2E0-EB8F-48AC-9615-0BA3EC1391A1 (resized).jpeg36C3A2E0-EB8F-48AC-9615-0BA3EC1391A1 (resized).jpeg

2DC92218-8201-49A4-9772-C77C98B90CBC (resized).jpeg2DC92218-8201-49A4-9772-C77C98B90CBC (resized).jpeg

4891EA49-A81A-4088-B69E-647D9B2F79B2 (resized).jpeg4891EA49-A81A-4088-B69E-647D9B2F79B2 (resized).jpeg

#2897 6 years ago

Never thought of that. Rensh mentioned a plug earlier maybe that was it.
Ok so if I go that route where in the power box does it get wired to?

This essentially could then feed into and external power supply AC line. I would want the outlet to be hot only when switched on otherwise mods would always be on...or I’d have to unplug and plug in.
Thanks for offering that suggestion. Could be much cleaner/easier.

#2899 6 years ago

Thanks for the link! Its certainly an option. I'm not sure yet about this as the plug will always be hot since I don't unplug my machine.
My other idea was to de-pin the two A/C wires on the Molex connector and re-pin them with a double wire in each pin - original going into the transformer and the jumper set fed to the switching power supply. If done this way I'll be able to control everything with the cabinet switch, thus powering everything on at once.
Thank you for your feedback!

#2913 6 years ago

Who has the black and white AC line running off left side to the coin door for bill acceptor? Can someone let me know what that’s jumped off of? Mine is missing. Thanks.

#2914 6 years ago
Quoted from That_Pin_Dude:

Tapping into the switch side of the line filter for the outlet power would accomplish this as well.

Thanks all for the tips. I ended up re crimping new ends on the tabs that slide onto the switch. I twisted wire (one black and one white) together with the original AC. Then reconnected on the tabs after the switch going out to transformer. This way now when the machine powers on the external supply will also power on and the mods connected will do the same. Much easier than I though thanks for all the ideas. I found this way was the easiest way to grab AC power and connect a power supply, thus taking the strain off the machine. Thanks all.

1 week later
#2948 6 years ago

Looks cool. Is the prop homemade or purchased from somewhere? What does it tie into to spin?

2 weeks later
#2983 6 years ago

Hello,
If anyone is using the NEW Pinsound Plus board with their IJ, please contact me. I have a few questions and do not want to clog this thread with the details. Again, only the newer board with this game. Thank you.

2 months later
#3150 5 years ago

There is something amiss with the Pinsound Plus and the better mix...did the game you were playing have the plus or the older Pinsound board? I’d like to know as I’m keeping track.

#3157 5 years ago

Thanks that’s exactly what I thought when I read the symptoms.

Quoted from Averell:

Hi Guys,
every week the same questions regarding stability of PinSound-Board!
It just depends on three problems:
• USB Flash
• Power Supply
• Power Driver
You need a perfect working power driver without defect capacitors, then PinSound-Board could work properly.
If your power driver is old and not working properly you get resets during game play and interrupted PinSound-Board - so external power supply is recommended.
San-Disk Flash is lame and you need another more reliable USB from a better manufacturer!

Agreed but what Delt was describing has to do with some sort of file compatability with the newer Plus boards..so far every person I have talked to has had a problem with the IJ mix and they own a plus board. Again the problems are what Delt described. I hope someday to discuss a resolution. ...

#3161 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I have Pinsound Plus, after a quick test:
No compatibility issue
No delay
No missing sounds/callouts
Sometimes "tick" at the end of callouts
USB 3.0 pendrive
No external power supply

The “tick” is a major annoyance, along with callouts not being played in their entirety or cut off...apparently the original board doesn’t have these issues.
In order to allieviate that, one must use the mix on the site that exemplifies the symptoms that Delt was explaining above. No “tick” sounds but missing jackpot callouts etc.
Pick your poison. Someday hope to figure out what is wrong with the Plus board and the “complete” mix. I can’t live with the “tick” noise....

#3177 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can confirm that with the pinsound plus and usb 3.0 san disk ultra fit drive, everything works well except no jackpot. This is based off of not the original mix (which still gives me tick sounds) but another (which is prob the one hosted on the website). I wonder why everything works perfect except jackpot. If anyone has a way for me to troubleshoot I will gladly do on the pinsound plus board.
No other issues so 99% there - just need that jackpot effect.

This confirms that my issues are happening to others. Thanks for confirming this.
On the mix you have you will notice the folder numbers are all different too...I tried messing with those and nothing worked. Delt, do you have the sounds for shooting the swordsman after the streets of Cairo mode? Check it out that one is missing too form that website mix.
Ollie’s mix works but ticks like crazy...he is aware of it and so is Nicholas at Pinsound. I have been anxiously awaiting the solution to this. I know they are busy there so I haven’t been emailing them. Everyday I hope to get on the message board and see a resolution....

#3179 5 years ago

During the game.

#3181 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yeah it's during the game.
I'm sure that sound doesn't play either but the ticks are worse. In fact that mix is perfect (no delays or missing sounds with new usb) except for those two missing.
I checked the folder structure and yes they are diff than ollie's mix - I've tried to mix and match but no luck. If anyone knows how to get that website mix to play jackpot, lmk

Thanks for confirming Delt. If anyone finds a solution please let me know. Delt is having same exact issues as I am. The problem is with the Pinsound Plus board. I hope they find a solution soon. Patiently waiting....

#3185 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I have the original pinsound board and have not experienced any of these issues.

That’s the issue. Nobody using the old boards has a problem. I have contacted several people including Ollie at first. Nobody had a clue what was going in. Now that there are more and more cases with the Plus, maybe a solution will happen sooner than later.

Quoted from delt31:

So you think the mix that works well except for those two sounds works perfect on the original pinsound board?

The mix works well because there is no ticking. I was told it is missing a few callouts from the “better” one and it’s compressed vs. uncompressed. My ears can’t hear the difference anything is going to sound better. I haven’t been hounding Pinsound guys because that mix is working 95% and it’s betrer than nothing but I still would like to figure out why it’s happening and begin to use the mix I donated for..

I think you should contact them. The more people that do the better so they know it’s not just one incident. I was one of the first who had a Plus board and at that time it was dismissed as user error. I pleaded my case and through asking memebers about they type of board and mix they had, it was narrowed down to the Plus board. I don’t understand why it would be different but that’s the answer we are all waiting for.

1 week later
#3200 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

GREAT NEWS for pinsound plus owners.....I've been working with the pinsound guys and they just alerted me of a new FW update that is live now. I just tried it and the awesome pinsound mix works great without the clicks or missing sounds. FYI
Link for new FW:
https://www.pinsound.org/help/pinsound-plus-help

Yes I too was one of the beta testers. It worked for me, no more ticking.
I don't have the swordsman gun shot sound....but have all the jackpots. I'm not worried about it anymore, sounds pretty damn clear and loud. I'm using the better version now.

#3202 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

when does the swordsman gun shot sound go off again? exactly after what shot?

I believe it was after you find Marion and either hit the start mode hole or pull the gun trigger. Once you find Marion, it shows Indy and the swordsman on the DMD. Getting the mode start hole is worth more (20 million) vs. pulling the trigger (2 million). I am fairly certain the original Legacy files had a gunshot.

4 weeks later
#3296 5 years ago

I’m interested. Nice job. Waiting for more info...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

12,500 (OBO)
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Wanted
$ 29.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Guzz4851.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=Guzz4851 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.