IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Energyspike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4487 4 years ago

Looking for comments in regard to this German imported IJ that is for sale locally (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80551) . Any issues with imports? I would be asking for more pics. Appreciate any thoughts or questions that should I should ask the seller.

#4490 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Looks like a nice game to me, but I’d like to see a lower PF pic, especially if you’re wear sensitive. Still at a decent price a little wear might be okay, and that’s a pretty good price on an IJ, well below pinside values.
The cab is faded, which is common, and the German fighter isn’t in the right spot, but that’s easily corrected. The ruins are busted at the rear mount, that’s common too. Some guys make some High dollar replacements. I used a couple washers on mine, lol.
The import thing is no biggie, it’s the same game built in the same place, it just travelled a little. It’s basically just a jumper wire on the transformer that you change to get it back to US voltage, and as the guy has had it for a while I’m sure it was done. Swap the coin door and no one will ever even know.
This feels like a if you want it go get it deal to me. Good luck!

Gunstarhero, thank you for taking the time to check out the pin and give your comments, your insight is appreciated and very helpful. I would plan to replace decals and swap coin door and a give full clean (some repairs too) with some mods.

#4498 4 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Looking for comments in regard to this German imported IJ that is for sale locally (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80551) . Any issues with imports? I would be asking for more pics. Appreciate any thoughts or questions that should I should ask the seller.

A quick update to my post. He would not send anymore photos of the pin so I offered 5,800 and he responded with 6,200 and said there was no play field wear, so I gambled....and lost. My total 5 hour round trip end with 2 cracks (about 5/8" long and as you ran your finger along, was lifting up on both edges) in the play field below the left and right flipper and a good chip by Shorty. He was a nice older gentleman, acted surprised to what we pointed out but his pics avoided that area. He never cleaned or waxed in 15 years (gasp) and it showed. I walked away, but wanted to save that pin from more abuse...sorry Dr. Jones.

#4500 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

$6200 ain’t bad...

True, I just desire a play field in better condition and I am willing to pay more if needed. The plus was that the battery's were moved...

#4502 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I get it. You don’t want to have to see that damage every time you look at the flippers.
Also IJ doesn’t have repro PFs (yet?) and PF restos are expensive and they take a long time.
Good luck with the search man, sorry it wasted a day for you. Yeah I sure didn’t like that there was no lower PF pic...

Yes, I knew the repairs would be long road that I do not want to pursue currently. I'll keep an eye out and allows me to save up more $$. The Hobbit will arrive in 6 to 7 days so I'm looking forward to next week. It was a good learning experience for me overall, so some positive in there...

#4504 4 years ago
Quoted from DexterH:

That's some BS. The seller knows what he's doing and clearly avoided the damage in his pictures with no regard for people that will travel far to buy the machine. He's probably hoping for someone to just buy it after travelling so far. What a chump. I flagged his ad on Craigslist. Everybody, feel free to flag it.
sfbay.craigslist.org link

Agreed, I did not think of flagging that that post but just did. Funny how he asked me if I was from Danville when I clearly told him I was 2 plus hours away and took the time to update him when I was in Vacaville having breakfast while waiting for the bank to open to meet the time window we set...

2 weeks later
#4570 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

sfbay.craigslist.org link
Looks like dude lowered his price and posted some better pix.

Yes, he finally did put up the pics of the play-field crack / damage. He said he would drop the price 100.00 per week until it's sold...

#4573 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Pics are still poor. I still can’t see the cracks either

I had to zoom in really close (under left and right flipper) so most who are looking to buy, will most likely not see them as you have stated..

#4576 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Gotta zoom in, look below the left flipper. Looks like a screw came up from beneath the pf. [quoted image]
Honestly I have seen worse sell for more.

Yes, there it be...

Guns, what are using when cleaning a really dirty play field, Naptha is not available in ca. Will Amazon deliver Naptha to ca?

#4578 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I’ve had good results with denatured alcohol.

Thanks

1 week later
#4621 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm leaving the club and have two sets of airball protectors. They have never been used and still have the protective film on them. I don't believe you can still get these.
$25 for a set shipped or $45 for both sets shipped anywhere in the U.S.
Please PM me if you're interested

I'll take a set, pm coming your way soon..

1 week later
#4660 4 years ago

I have an issue with Path of Adventure flashlamp. It suddenly stays on permanently and only goes of by turning off the game. Connector j126 blue / green wire. If the 2N5401 transistor is shorting, would this be the cause? If so, where is it on the power driver board?

3 weeks later
#4716 4 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

I took the bullet for you on this one. I picked up this IJ a few weeks back and the cab nearly fell apart on me when i got the legs off and slid it into the bed of my truck. Looks like ill be paying CosmoKramer a visit before too long. The guy played dumb about the cracks in the playfield. I swapped out the coin door, replaced a couple optos and it plays fine now. My only other option was a $7800 faded beauty locally so i figured ill just get this one and wait out a repro PF.[quoted image]

Well, yes you did, and I almost feel like I owe you something. Yes, he played dumb and lied, I have no doubt about it. I never looked inside the cabinet and wondered later what it really looked like....After walking away with a gut that feeling, finding issues and yet he acted like he never knew I just thought there is most likely more. Picked my IJ late July from a guy on pinside at CAX for $6500. Overall in good shape, had mini playfield issue and some plastic cracked and about 50 light bulbs out, maybe more. Really dirty, so my first shop job and repairs etc, been a ton of fun. My wife and I repaired the planes, repainted and detailed. Put black elevator bolts on front to hide holes from security bar. Will change decals in a year or so. Old pics first..

IMG_6560 (resized).jpegIMG_6560 (resized).jpegIMG_6557 (resized).jpegIMG_6557 (resized).jpegIMG_6538 (resized).jpegIMG_6538 (resized).jpegIMG_6531 (resized).jpegIMG_6531 (resized).jpegIMG_6530 (resized).jpegIMG_6530 (resized).jpeg20190905_155024 (resized).jpg20190905_155024 (resized).jpg20190905_155032 (resized).jpg20190905_155032 (resized).jpg20190905_155054 (resized).jpg20190905_155054 (resized).jpg20190905_155136 (resized).jpg20190905_155136 (resized).jpg20190905_155151 (resized).jpg20190905_155151 (resized).jpg20190905_155311 (resized).jpg20190905_155311 (resized).jpg
#4723 4 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

Obviously we have something in common [quoted image]

Nice line up...since the bedroom can only fit 3 I'm focusing on modding and any small repairs. Added a pinsound board 2 weeks ago and down below I have a Polk sub-woofer, it's awesome sounding. However, will be changing out the power driver board (many burn marks on backside and jumper wires, a couple flashers are not working) in a few months and adding color DMD, not sure if it's going to be LED or LCD yet.

#4724 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Very cool you and your wife both were part of it. You don’t play the cabinet so take your time with decals. It’s a ton of work.

Yes, once we were done (for now) she was like "when are we getting the next pin to shop / restore". Yup, she's a keeper for sure!!

#4727 4 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

im an entrenched member of the fade club (for now) im also a member of the my indy keeps shooting balls into play, continuously over and over. and the my mini playfield isnt working. any known common issues for these problems?[quoted image]

Originally, my mini playfield would not work. Checked / pulled the 12v motor out and it worked. Cleaned the small motor opto board under the mini playfield and re-flowed and it started to work but stuttered moving left badly. I believe it was the motor opto board but I changed the motor assembly since the gear on the end of the shaft was in bad shape and opto motor board since I'm planning on doing a slow restore. Of course it works perfect now.

https://www.thepinballwizard.net/circuit-boards-and-assemblies/williams-indiana-jones-path-of-adventure-dual-opto-board-a-16657/

2 weeks later
#4776 4 years ago

Gents...just replaced driver board with new Rottendog, also 8 driver board. The 4 flashers on the backbox finally work but are constantly on as well as the POA ramp. I'm stumped so far. Left control gate is not working, need to check that also. But, now the knocker gets constant power and stays on, had to disconnect. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,

20190919_155407 (resized).jpg20190919_155407 (resized).jpg
#4778 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Better verify your connectors, sounds like something is not plugged in right. Also, if the Rottendog has a specific dip switch setting for this pin, better verify that too
Safer to start with minimal connectors and readd them 1 at a time

I have checked over all connections a few times, all connectors are keyed but followed all pictures that I took before making the change to make sure. Played many games with no issues other than the flashers lights and knocker. The power driver board does not have dip switches. My next thought was the ribbon cables, so considering replacing those next. Thanks for the response Wolf..

#4780 4 years ago

Yes, flashers are out, they will melt nearby plastics etc. The POA flasher worked for the first month and one day it just stayed on. Thanks

#4782 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Locked on coils or flashers sounds like a transistor on the driver board.
Possibly a coil diode caused the transistor failure?

The knocker worked with the old board I just pulled, so I will test will the old board as part of the troubleshooting. Thanks,

3 weeks later
#4833 4 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

The knocker worked with the old board I just pulled, so I will test will the old board as part of the troubleshooting. Thanks,

Just to follow up on the issues I had. The Rottendog board I purchased off of pinside, at a discount, it was described as only powered up twice and he found the issue was with a ribbon cable so did not need the power driver board. I sent the board in for warranty, just got it back and all issues are gone, works 100%. For one, I will only buy new when it comes to power driver boards etc.

Also, Rottendog's customer service was top notch, JRod called me direct and handled it within a day. A big thumbs up for Rottendog...

#4835 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

My IJ has all new Rottendog boards. My game works great and actually seams a great deal livelier since I replace all the old boards with new Rottendog boards.
QSS

Good to hear. I have the 8 driver board as rottendog and will one day get the MPU replaced. The biggest upgrade is the pinsound board and I'm also considering the shaker to pair up with it...

3 weeks later
#4884 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Hi all,
My mini playfield just started stuttering when moved to the left. Does the same in switch tests. Having done a quick search on here it looks like the culprit will either be POA optos or flipper optos (or both). Any recommendations on how to proceed. I’m also not sure where the opto boards are on the POA!
Thanks for any help.

I had the same issue, swapped the flipper opto board and the issue persisted. Bought the Williams Indiana Jones Path Of Adventure Dual Opto Board #A-16657 and all is good now.

POA Opto (resized).PNGPOA Opto (resized).PNG
2 months later
#5180 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, so Nicholas from Pinsound messaged me and said the Indy issues (IE Cairo Gunfire, etc) are fixed.
New Pinsound + firmware (Jan 14 2020)
https://www.pinsound.org/help/pinsound-plus-help/
Gonna test later today! Woohooo!

Thank you for pursuing this, will DL today. Need to re-working my shaker settings also...

3 weeks later
#5320 4 years ago

Since July of 2019, when I picked up Indy, I noticed two lights coming on together on all of row 4 and 5 of the light matrix. I finally looked deep into it, was focusing on the 38 lamp board checking everything with DMM. Was stumped, until i noticed solder splashes all over thinking solder may be touching the tracers to bleed power over. Magnification was needed to spot previous work to where, see pic, the solder between two pins was touching. Yes, that is a Friday night victory and to celebrate, In and Out Double Double is making it's way home now....

I still consider myself a noob to pin troubleshooting, but I'm winning each battle (yes, I take a beating from time to time and usually get help from the smart dudes on this forum).

20200207_175017 (resized).jpg20200207_175017 (resized).jpgLamp Matrix (resized).pngLamp Matrix (resized).png
#5322 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Great find!! That will feel sweet each time you turn that game on!

Agreed, it was confusing when the "Y" in Indy and Willie would be on solid or flashing as well as the POA mini playfield the extra ball arrow and right switch light would both be on, so finally, all is working well.....until the next issue arises

1 month later
#5716 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Checkout the translucent drop targets I installed from pinball-mods.com. They are virtually unbreakable. I lit them up with an LED strip under the Playfield. I think I may change the LED strip color from white to yellow, to give it a yellow/gold look instead.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I thought this was a cool idea and one of my drop targets was cracked so it was a good time for the change up. However, not sure if you ran into this issue, but the opto's would not recognize when the target was down and it baffled me for a bit. I had to paint the tab black and now they are recognized. Just in case others run into this issue, thought I would post this..

DropTarget (resized).jpgDropTarget (resized).jpg
#5722 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Yes, my apologies for not posting that you need to darken those tabs for the optos to recognize it. Thanks for posting!!

Ha, no problem, just another good lesson for this semi noob pinball pinhead..

#5725 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

By the way, a black sharpie WILL NOT work for the tabs. You must use paint or wrap in black electrical tape.

I had painted mine black but good to know for others that a sharpie will not work...

#5727 4 years ago

I'm have an error on the single drop target coil. Found this yellow wire which is really short and looks as if it was connected to the coil itself as there is an exposed wire from the coil...Is this a hack repair from the past? Thanks in advance for the help.

20200408_140122 (resized).jpg20200408_140122 (resized).jpg20200408_140130 (resized).jpg20200408_140130 (resized).jpg
#5731 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Looks like they ran out of the original wire and just made an extension. I doubt this is causing the error

Thanks, so the wire coming off the coil connection point broke and they just soldered to the wire on the side of the coil. Time to order a new coil. Even though it is up and working now I do not like the Mickey Mouse fix.....

2 months later
#6180 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hello IJ Williams Owners!
I wanted to give a quick update on this particular start mode fix. After about a month or so, I've gone through 3 of these pads already. While they work quite well, they are slightly too thick that after repetitive ball striking the pad starts to split and tear, and then needs to be replaced. I would say my best estimate is around 150-250 Mode Start entrances before it needs to be replaced due to damage. Last night in an attempt to find a longer lasting solution, I tried a different pad:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/626-5078-00
This one is slightly thinner and is actually slightly more dense and feels stronger. I plan to fully document the amount of strikes it can take, as well as the effectiveness over the next month. While it is early, the results are very promising. I just waxed the playfield so I figured it would be a good opportunity to try the smaller and slightly thinner pad. So I played a few rounds after waxing and the ball was flying as fast as possible. I also purposely tried to focus on blasting shots with the right flipper to see the stick rate on those shots, rather than focusing on the softer left flipper shot which we know will stick no matter what. I was blown away...while a small sample size, I have had 49/50 stick so far. Like I said, I was blasting the hell out of the ball and very early results show 95+%. What's even better is I inspected the pad after the 50th strike and there is no signs of tearing or damage....yet. In a month I'll know more.

I have been using this high density foam, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RWT4RXY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00
and it has worked well so far. I have not kept count on how many timers I have shot the mode hole but it has been holding up well for the last 10 months. This has been discussed a few times or more in this thread and is what originally caused me to research and try this method. Good luck...

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
1 week later
#6199 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I’m having a little pinball garage sale and I have some Indy stuff someone maybe interested in. Only charging shipping but please don’t hoard. I’m hoping this stuff will be timely for someone in their work right now.
I have a translite with two little nicks circled in red). Never noticed them till I took it out to put in the mirrored back glass. I’d guess it’s original.
I have two “lost plastic” repros printed on translucent plasticy medium but it’s thin. Not really sure what it is. But it will behave like the plastic but not be so hard to install with it taking up valuable thickness in the back there. I had them printed for me but then I ended up just using a decal and lighting from the front instead. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

PM'd you...

2 months later
#6599 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Has anyone had a problem with the playfield glass rattling with the Pinsound + shaker? This is pretty specific...so I apologize. The combination of my PDI glass and the shaker (on the lowest setting) causes a vibration that rattles 1) when the ball goes up the right ramp when lit, and 2) when the ball goes nuts with the pop bumpers. I guess I could alter the vibration settings in the pinsound app to be reduced, but would prefer more shake and less rattle.
I've tried fabric tape and it helps, but it doesn't stick to the glass and often times gets jammed in the slot so every time I remove the glass the tape comes with it. I have some thin 1/16 weatherstripping on order from amazon I can try but I fear that is too thick. My side rails and insert plastic is locked in nice and tight...I recently replaced the stock armor with Robert Stone powder coated armor so it is perfect. Maybe it is too perfectly tight?
Any proposed ideas to keep the playfield glass nice and snug in there would be helpful. I have the same PDI glass in my Ghostbusters (Premium/LE) and it is tight as a drum with zero rattle.

I had the same issue used this tape. Cut in half as it was to wide and has worked great for the last year.

Tape (resized).pngTape (resized).png
#6601 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Ok I bought both of these and will try them. Where did you apply the tape? I think the rattle comes from the sides...did you apply around the side edges?

I applied the tape, full strip, on top of the glass but only half of the tape sticking to the glass and used a blade guided by the edge of the glass to cut the second half. Both strips on top left / right of the glass will be hidden when you slide it back in and it will be much tighter of a slide.

#6605 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I applied mine all the way across the top and bottom, and that did the trick. You have to see how much of a gap u have on the sides. If the gap is big enough u can apply there as well.

Yes, I would have added more if the rattle had not went away. Good additional info, thanks.

20200915_162402.jpg20200915_162402.jpg20200915_162406.jpg20200915_162406.jpg20200915_162410.jpg20200915_162410.jpg
#6618 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ll take one as well!

I'm in also...

3 weeks later
#6889 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I like the pinsound shaker. I really like it.
I agree, early on it needed work, but they have had several updates for it.
Current firmware is very good in my opinion!
But it could always be better lol, like anything else.
Im liking what they have so far.

I'll second that. The addition of the shaker for me and the ability to create my own custom shaker profile is icing on the cake, after the pinsound (major) improvement. When getting a jackpot, the explosion with the shaker kicking in or the multiball as it shakes during the DMD scene of the rolling boulder chase really adds to the game overall. I recently acquired a TOTAN and playing IJ and jumping over to Tales, I miss the shaker experience. I will be adding the Pinsound / shaker to the TOTAN also.

7 months later
#8185 2 years ago

Installed Lao's Antidote yesterday and as confirmed by prior posts, it is a must for the mode hole. This is a game changer, so don't hesitate to get this fix on your IJ...

4 months later
#9091 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:What a great game. 13 modes!Finally made the 1 billion shot yesterday. First time ever.

After a couple years having the game, just got the 1 billion for the first time just a few days back. It is my favorite pin and that's sitting next to POTC, TOTAN and The Hobbit...Love them all but IJ just edges them out.

1 year later
#10639 9 months ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Well at least we can rest at night knowing our Indiana Jones pins include ONLY the 3 movies that matter.

Agreed and happy about that.

The points that the youtube review mentioned were some of the same I mentioned to my wife on the way home after seeing the movie. Mostly the way they tore down the character of Indiana Jones. I went in with low expectations and the 5th movie will be forgotten to me. i'm glad some enjoyed it, and there were a few parts I did enjoy to be fair.

8 months later
#11602 20 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Has anyone used this Indiana Jones Pinball Lock Hole \ Subway Entry Protector with success:
https://www.printables.com/model/77552-indiana-jones-pinball-lock-hole-subway-entry-prote
Very curious if this is the best option for preventing wear here.
[quoted image]

I 3D printed one of those in black and it lasted only a year, broke at the rim section. I used PLA if that helps and could have been a bad print but did not replace at this time. A stainless steel version would be best.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12.95
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,000 (OBO)
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

12,500 (OBO)
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
Wanted
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Energyspike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=Energyspike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.