IMG_2559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeeGor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

When balls drop from the ruins and hit the wire gate about half the time they drain instead of going down to the flipper.

I've seen this happen on a few IJs I've seen in the wild, but it rarely happens on mine. If it's not a level issue, is there something wrong with the gate or maybe something is not lining up?

6 months later
#248 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Is it worth it to put a shaker in an IJ? Doesn't seem like it's really well integrated (or used much).

What's your vote on LEDs in this game? Is it a game that lends itself better to incandescents (like LOTR, IMHO)?

I wouldn't bother with a shaker motor.

If you are going to use LEDs, go with warm white lights. It looks terrible with cool / natural white.

2 months later
#356 9 years ago

I have a couple of times, but didn't beat Eternal Life.
One day...

#375 9 years ago

First you'll need to grow another hand, so that you can hold the flippers and hit the start button at the same time.

6 months later
#568 8 years ago

I had the most epic game of IJ yesterday, and I managed to finally beat Eternal life. This was my 4th time trying. I was so excited I told the whole family thinking they would throw me a ticker tape parade, but their reactions were more like...

bored.pngbored.png

Here's my ending score

IMG_1543.JPGIMG_1543.JPG

#574 8 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Wow, that is a serious score, don't think I have ever cracked 2B!

Prior to that game, just over 2 billion was the highest score I've ever achieved. It was just the perfect game where I just couldn't lose. Once in a lifetime for sure.

1 month later
#639 8 years ago

Yes, you should be able to backhand into the mode hole. For me, it's the preferred way to hit it, as you get less bounce outs. Here's a papa gameplay video, and you can see that he backhands into the mode hole a few times. http://papa.org/2012/12/03/indiana-jones-gameplay/

I would check to make sure the playfield is level and that your flippers are aligned correctly.

9 months later
#918 7 years ago

Looks great Astro. Is that a brown?

#922 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I've always felt ij has such an amber tone to the whole game (and I put brass armor on to enhance it), that color in the DMD will mess it up. I need to see a colordmd on it in person. I have one in sstng and love it.

I have one on mine and it looks awesome. One of the better ColorDMD add ons. You're always welcome to swing by and check it out.

#929 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The ColorDMD is color matched to the playfield so I don't think you should be concerned about it not fitting in. You can shift the display in STTNG over to IJ to see how it looks. Just need to install the color ROM for IJ from the SUPPORT page.

This is a good point. Would be an easy way to see how it would look. You're still welcome to swing by anyway.

3 years later
#4690 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

To do it “right” is a massive job. I did a quick workaround and it looks amazing. Did the whole thing in a few hours on a couple different days. I would challenge anyone to tell the difference between my job and a fully restored cab. That being said, my cabinet wasn’t a wreck to begin with.
I patched some dings in the wood.
Took it outside and took the rails and hardware off the front (it was on a jack) and masked off the Playfield and backbox insides.
Painted the edges black with spray paint
Wait to dry.
Brought back in. Sitting on the ground with no legs, I set the head back and rolled the pin to one side. Support the Playfield (don’t remember what i used) and remove those bolts and apply side decal (wet method iirc)
Put bots back in that side. Roll to other side and repeat.
Put back up on a jack to do front decal
Head decals are simple. Pull out bolts one side at a time and apply.
I really left it mostly intact the whole time.
I’ll probably get some ire from perfectionists on here. I do have two tiny bubbles (2mm) but I don’t think that was prep related. That just was hard to prevent. I watched a few YouTube videos and one showing the final method I used (one-man job) I watched a few times.
Good luck. It was worth it. Indy is a forever pin for me.
It was relatively painless and I can’t believe I got it nearly perfect on my one and only try. That being said, I have another Ij with fade and I haven’t gotten the courage to try again.
Oh, while you’re at it, do yourself a favor and buy brass coated hardware and rails. I think it really makes it pop.

I've seen this pin in person, and it does really look great. I've thought about doing this myself, but I'm holding out in hopes that radcals come out for this title.

#4692 4 years ago

They look like the decals have been clear coated and they're pretty simple to install.

4 months later
#5108 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is it normal to get a lot of SDTM's from the drop/captive ball/blue lane?

Quoted from okgrak:

Yes. on every IJ I've played....

Quoted from wolfemaaan:

That’s how it was designed. I believe it’s called the sucker shot

Interesting. I've had two different machines, and neither one had this issue.

#5113 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Does yours usually feed to the left or right flip?

Tried a few games where I solely targeted the quick 2 ball multiball shot. The answer is, it depends. Sometimes it feeds to left, sometimes to right, sometimes stdm. It depends on how the ball comes out of that area. If I made a clean shot on the captive ball and it tends to land at the very tip of my right flipper. Due to variances from machine to machine I could see how some would send the ball sdtm.

3 months later
#5923 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Installed #jimmyhonda drop target mod. Used "amber" led strip to light it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

These look great. I wonder what they would look like with some comet fire bulbs under them.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/fire-bulbs

2 months later
#6240 3 years ago

Has anyone tried using a magnet on the back of the original deflector? The strength of the magnet would be something that would need to be determined. If it's too strong, it could pull shots in that wouldn't normally make it. Too weak and it would be ineffective.

I would like to try it, but I have a lot of different projects going on, and I dread the idea of pulling off the POA.

#6243 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Pulling off the POA really isn't that bad....

I should have said putting it back on and getting it aligned properly.

7 months later
#7897 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Custom modified and made locally. I wanted all the blue gone from cab, speaker panel and transliteration.
Less yellow, more details etc.[quoted image][quoted image]

I like the look. They also line up correctly.

2 months later
#8244 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

One question: I get a lot of airball, especially when hitting the captive ball target. Any advice to reduce this ? Probably replace the switch bracket behind ?
Regards

A few pinsiders have created airball stopper mods for this game. I'm unsure if they're still making them, but you could reach out to Davi and Djshakes to see if they have any left.

4 months later
#9120 2 years ago

The lines are planking. It's not uncommon for a playfield decades old.

2 months later
#9340 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hey all, my left flipper went dead the other day. I checked that fuse and it tested good. I replaced it anyway. Still dead. Both flipper buttons test good and the left eos triggers normally (when I move the flipper mech manually). When it died, I was at the poa and it kinda glitched and stuttered when moving to the left. Now poa moves both ways normally. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Do all the wires on the coil look like they're firmly attached?

1 month later
#9481 2 years ago

Yep, definitely a pain. Lots of parts to remove in order to pull it out.

Just take a lot of pictures as you go.

8 months later
#10007 1 year ago

Looks like a nice Indy, but I would take off those awful plastic leg "protectors" before they destroy your decals.

4 months later
#10316 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Trying to rejoin club. Ownd this tile 3 times back when they were 5k all day long... Never expected this. Prices are just too high. Patiently waiting for a motivated seller

It's crazy how much this game jumped in price. My first Indy was $4800 with the full brass treatment. That same game these days would be at least 10k more.

Good luck finding your Indy. I'm still trying to find my motivated CV seller.

3 months later
#10608 9 months ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Getting ready to rebuild my IJPA and I'm torn between decals and radcals. Has anyone put IJPA Radcals on a black cabinet? Does the black affect the appearance of the radcals?

I have, it turned out great over a black cabinet. I'm not a huge fan of Radcals, but they do look great on this game and the corners also line up properly.

2 months later
#10846 6 months ago

Lol, I didn't even notice the Dias decal. I was too distracted by the awful GI lightning.

#10863 6 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Can anyone please recommend where to grab the gold mirror blades for IJ? My Google skills are failing me. Thx.

PDI appears to have some. Not sure if anyone else sells them.
https://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

1 month later
#11011 5 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Are the Micro repro playfields and decals really good?
My IJ is not shabby at all, and better than a lot of them out there. Recently I almost sold it and caught my bad decision when I went to capture some video playing it. This classic is only leaving if I get out of the hobby or die. But I still have a space issue in my game room and think I would like a massive project to work on over an long period of time so considering moving IJ into my garage to tackle a complete restoration. I will probably come to my senses on taking that on due to costs and commitment, but I am tempted.

Here are some recent pics from a Mirco IJ playfield. (Not my game)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-playfields-warning-for-potential-buyers/page/36#post-7726730

1 month later
#11106 4 months ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

I’d like to get a set of the brass looking mirror blades. Anyone have a link to purchase them? I don’t like my pingraffix I put in my machine either.

Pinball decals sells some

https://pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html

#11109 4 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I have the regular mirror blades in my machine, and am very happy with the results. I can't imagine paying double the price for the gold tinted ones.

I agree. The regular mirrors look great. I wouldn't waste the money.

#11134 4 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What’s the consensus on Liors Ruin and Idol mods, worth it or better staying stock?

The ruins look great. I just think they look too realistic when compared with the art style on the playfield.

2 weeks later
#11216 3 months ago

I usually install mirror blades with the playfield in. It's fairly simple and there are a lot of videos on youtube on how to install them.

I've tried installing art blades (decals) a couple of times with the playfield in, and it was a bit of a struggle. I ended up having to use RapidTac, so that I could reposition the decals after sliding them in. I find it less stressful to remove the playfield when installing art blades.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006RUG9XO

1 week later
#11253 3 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

How do you like the mirrored backglass? (Tell me it sucks so I don't spend the money....)

I'm probably in the minority here, but I didn't care for the backglass. It's pretty dark and the silver mirror effect doesn't look right. It would have been a better fit if it was gold.

2 months later
#11585 24 days ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for brass plating? I have my machine brass powder coated. I like it but I also like the brass plating look. I know people say the Lockbar will become ugly. Once upon a time I had an Addams gold and I don’t remember that being an issue? Anyhow any suggestions will be appreciated.

I've had 2 Indiana Jones machines that were brass plated. The first was done a long time ago, and it did have the issue of the brass plating wearing off over time. The second machine was done by Chris @ pinballplating.com.

I haven't had any issues with the lockdown bar on this game. I'm not sure if he's putting a clear coat on top or if I've just been extra careful to wipe down the lockdown bar after playing, but it looks as good as the first day I installed it. That was 3 years ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
$ 29.00
$ 12.95
Wanted
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeeGor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=DeeGor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.