Topic Stats

• 5,333 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by RDReynolds
  • Topic is favorited by 201 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,703 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191206_163848 (resized).jpg
Indy original (resized).jpeg
Indy Repro (resized).jpeg
20200207_175017 (resized).jpg
Lamp Matrix (resized).png
B507C260-64F4-458F-BEAE-8B5E12B8B09E (resized).jpeg
20200203_181535 (resized).jpg
20200203_181500 (resized).jpg
20200203_181556 (resized).jpg
20200203_181624 (resized).jpg
20200203_181522 (resized).jpg
BF7B45E0-6174-43D7-AE41-341B99586755 (resized).png
4A7F634A-34B6-4D0C-916A-A20B93F283A7.jpeg
A17FEC6C-9ECA-4A7C-8489-D3DE47D121E7 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shaker (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeeGor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

When balls drop from the ruins and hit the wire gate about half the time they drain instead of going down to the flipper.

I've seen this happen on a few IJs I've seen in the wild, but it rarely happens on mine. If it's not a level issue, is there something wrong with the gate or maybe something is not lining up?

6 months later
#248 5 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Is it worth it to put a shaker in an IJ? Doesn't seem like it's really well integrated (or used much).

What's your vote on LEDs in this game? Is it a game that lends itself better to incandescents (like LOTR, IMHO)?

I wouldn't bother with a shaker motor.

If you are going to use LEDs, go with warm white lights. It looks terrible with cool / natural white.

2 months later
#356 5 years ago

I have a couple of times, but didn't beat Eternal Life.
One day...

#375 5 years ago

First you'll need to grow another hand, so that you can hold the flippers and hit the start button at the same time.

6 months later
#568 4 years ago

I had the most epic game of IJ yesterday, and I managed to finally beat Eternal life. This was my 4th time trying. I was so excited I told the whole family thinking they would throw me a ticker tape parade, but their reactions were more like...

bored.png

Here's my ending score

IMG_1543.JPG

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Wow, that is a serious score, don't think I have ever cracked 2B!

Prior to that game, just over 2 billion was the highest score I've ever achieved. It was just the perfect game where I just couldn't lose. Once in a lifetime for sure.

1 month later
#639 4 years ago

Yes, you should be able to backhand into the mode hole. For me, it's the preferred way to hit it, as you get less bounce outs. Here's a papa gameplay video, and you can see that he backhands into the mode hole a few times. http://papa.org/2012/12/03/indiana-jones-gameplay/

I would check to make sure the playfield is level and that your flippers are aligned correctly.

9 months later
#918 3 years ago

Looks great Astro. Is that a brown?

#922 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I've always felt ij has such an amber tone to the whole game (and I put brass armor on to enhance it), that color in the DMD will mess it up. I need to see a colordmd on it in person. I have one in sstng and love it.

I have one on mine and it looks awesome. One of the better ColorDMD add ons. You're always welcome to swing by and check it out.

#929 3 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The ColorDMD is color matched to the playfield so I don't think you should be concerned about it not fitting in. You can shift the display in STTNG over to IJ to see how it looks. Just need to install the color ROM for IJ from the SUPPORT page.

This is a good point. Would be an easy way to see how it would look. You're still welcome to swing by anyway.

3 years later
#4690 5 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

To do it “right” is a massive job. I did a quick workaround and it looks amazing. Did the whole thing in a few hours on a couple different days. I would challenge anyone to tell the difference between my job and a fully restored cab. That being said, my cabinet wasn’t a wreck to begin with.
I patched some dings in the wood.
Took it outside and took the rails and hardware off the front (it was on a jack) and masked off the Playfield and backbox insides.
Painted the edges black with spray paint
Wait to dry.
Brought back in. Sitting on the ground with no legs, I set the head back and rolled the pin to one side. Support the Playfield (don’t remember what i used) and remove those bolts and apply side decal (wet method iirc)
Put bots back in that side. Roll to other side and repeat.
Put back up on a jack to do front decal
Head decals are simple. Pull out bolts one side at a time and apply.
I really left it mostly intact the whole time.
I’ll probably get some ire from perfectionists on here. I do have two tiny bubbles (2mm) but I don’t think that was prep related. That just was hard to prevent. I watched a few YouTube videos and one showing the final method I used (one-man job) I watched a few times.
Good luck. It was worth it. Indy is a forever pin for me.
It was relatively painless and I can’t believe I got it nearly perfect on my one and only try. That being said, I have another Ij with fade and I haven’t gotten the courage to try again.
Oh, while you’re at it, do yourself a favor and buy brass coated hardware and rails. I think it really makes it pop.

I've seen this pin in person, and it does really look great. I've thought about doing this myself, but I'm holding out in hopes that radcals come out for this title.

#4692 5 months ago

They look like the decals have been clear coated and they're pretty simple to install.

4 months later
#5108 47 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is it normal to get a lot of SDTM's from the drop/captive ball/blue lane?

Quoted from okgrak:

Yes. on every IJ I've played....

Quoted from wolfemaaan:

That’s how it was designed. I believe it’s called the sucker shot

Interesting. I've had two different machines, and neither one had this issue.

#5113 47 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Does yours usually feed to the left or right flip?

Tried a few games where I solely targeted the quick 2 ball multiball shot. The answer is, it depends. Sometimes it feeds to left, sometimes to right, sometimes stdm. It depends on how the ball comes out of that area. If I made a clean shot on the captive ball and it tends to land at the very tip of my right flipper. Due to variances from machine to machine I could see how some would send the ball sdtm.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeeGor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside