IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoPinfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3042 6 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm new to Pinside and pinball in general and I thought I would start contributing to this forum instead of mooching off everyone else. I recently had some ball trough problems on my IJ. The balls were sticking in the ball trough ramp and I had to shake the machine to get them to advance forward. This also caused the optos to malfunction and launch balls randomly. Additionally, when the trough would shoot a ball into the launch lane, it would bounce back into the trough and repeat the cycle.

There were several reasons for this. First (as you can see in the picture below), indentations formed in the trough ramp where the balls rested over the years. This caused the balls to sit in the indentations and not roll forward. Second, I have raised my playfield to 6.7-6.8 to speed up the ball action because it was painfully slow. This incline caused the balls to rest more solidly in the indentations and also rest on the opto holes on the side of the ramp.
67D2E413-EEA4-4C63-9754-35294D77C8F6 (resized).jpeg67D2E413-EEA4-4C63-9754-35294D77C8F6 (resized).jpeg

I fixed all this by filing down the edges of the ramp smooth as well as the edges of the opto holes. I also placed a piece of drop dead foam on the roof of the trough to slow the ball down as it gets popped into the launch lane. Everything works great now.
F44D3B44-647D-49C6-8749-3E7A6BC20A8D (resized).jpegF44D3B44-647D-49C6-8749-3E7A6BC20A8D (resized).jpeg
4D637EDC-63C9-4B53-A748-4B3A30EAE276 (resized).jpeg4D637EDC-63C9-4B53-A748-4B3A30EAE276 (resized).jpeg
5ECDB044-5C2D-4667-BF16-235DE023DFAF (resized).jpeg5ECDB044-5C2D-4667-BF16-235DE023DFAF (resized).jpeg

I had trouble finding very much info on this so I thought I'd post it here if anyone else was having this problem.

#3049 5 years ago

Yup, mine was even more than that and I'm ok with it. It's the king of my small collection and I love it. I've always been a huge IJ fan since I was a kid.

3 months later
#3321 5 years ago

I like the darker one. It just looks cooler. However, I think the lighter one might go better with the colors of the playfield and the original theme.

#3370 5 years ago

Thanks for the update!

2 weeks later
#3480 5 years ago
9daf36f1-46f7-49ec-81db-0cd2f96c1384_text_hi (1).gif9daf36f1-46f7-49ec-81db-0cd2f96c1384_text_hi (1).gif
1 month later
#3774 5 years ago

These are the exact symptoms I had with my CFTBL when an led strip was shorting to the apron. Your fuse may have blown again after you replaced it, but it may still look ok. I would pull the fuse at f116 and test it using a meter. Then disconnect that LED before replacing the fuse again. Definitely related to the 12v circuit.

Quoted from per3per3:

Also, LED 7 on the Power Driver Board is out which is the 12volt power circuit. All other lights on the board are on. So LED 7 on pdb and status indictor light on 10 opto board are both out along with the colorDMD.

#3776 5 years ago

Mine would work for awhile and then one day it would just blow. Then I would replace the fuse and it would work for awhile again. No pattern to it. I think if I shook the game just right, it would short out.

1 week later
#3822 5 years ago

Payment sent for 2 thanks!

4 months later
#4095 5 years ago

Anyone else have problems with the gate on the right outlane. It sometimes rejects balls from the idol which drives me nuts! I've tried raising it a bit with some washers, but this doesn't seem to help. I don't want to raise it too much, because that seems like cheating

#4100 5 years ago

That's the weird thing, the gate doesn't have any tension on it. It's been doing it since I got it. It almost seems like the gate catches too low on the ball and slings it back. I'll post pictures tonight

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Wow, that's crazy! That gate doesn't have any sort of tension on it for it to reject balls coming out of the Idol. Did it started happening all of the sudden or Did it start after making adjustments? Post a picture.....

3 weeks later
#4188 5 years ago

I would also recommend the led color dmd, pinsound and upgraded speakers and powered subwoofer. They just turn this game into a cinematic adventure. This is a classic Williams DMD game and deserves a dmd that goes with it, so the led colorDMD is the way to go. In my opinion, the LCD looks fakey and cartoony.

1 week later
#4229 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Joined the club today. I think this one will do it. Needs a lot of work, but got it for IJ dirt cheap, which is still expensive

Either way, finally have it and pretty stoked

Congrats! This was the first pin I got and it's what started me down this rabbit hole. Still my favorite pin by far.

2 months later
#4553 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Bend the end if the flatrail very slightly until balls roll thru the narrow escape cleanly from the idol exit. Roll them by hand.
The wire gate should be one way and have no binding but be free and loose.

This is what I did to fix mine. Works great now.

3 weeks later
#4656 4 years ago

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BMNDPHG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

Just picked up one of these. Nice quality. Not too expensive. Might make a good topper

#4659 4 years ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

Don't forget to get one of these as well:
amazon.com link »
Permanent eternal life

Oh yeah!

4 months later
#5075 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Here are some thoughts and discoveries with the Enprodukt Remastered Pinsound ZIP
1. If you change/unzip/Re-zip the file, it runs into a character length issues which will eliminate sound files. If you did this it might be why some files are missing. Try unzipping/zipping in a single root folder only 1 folder deep
2. The gunshot on the final/completion of Cairo mode the gun shot does not sound - not sure why. Either gun shot is corrupt or getting over played with the prior sound bite from Marion
3. The folder/sfx names are different than the original. Not sure why this. I also noticed .ogg files vs wav. Seems strange since ogg only has 256kbps vs wav.
3. There’s a very simular zip file on Pinside called “Reorchestrated”. Not sure why this was posted but it’s recompiled with German labeled sounds files that don’t rezip easily without renaming them. I’d just avoid it
Anybody notice any other issues?

If the "Re orchestrated" zip file on the Pinsound website is the corrupt one, where is the good file from Endprodukt?

#5134 4 years ago

Anyone making high quality artwork for Indy? Screen printed, accurate colors etc. I stopped looking for awhile and was just curious if some one started making that I wasn't aware of.

#5149 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Check your jackpot and extra ball callouts(8 variations) depending on how they are awarded. I think I’m missing one but not a big deal.

I'm missing those as well.

4 weeks later
#5307 4 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

I’m looking for suggestions about what to do for divots in the ball trough. Marco wants a bunch for a new trough, but they had an insert as a solution for magnetized balls, so I bought it. Problem is, the ball return from the play field is pretty tight - I measured it at 1 1/8”. The insert is 1/8”, which causes the ball to get stuck. So, what should I do? I have a few ideas, but would like to hear from others who have faced this problem. Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/61#post-4361432

3 weeks later
#5377 4 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Hey, have some custom apron cards for IJ.[quoted image]

I just printed these out on photo paper and they look fantastic! Thanks for doing this. From the image posted, it looks like there is a checker board pattern in the background. But this does not print that way. They look just like the side art. Looks extremely professional.

6 months later
#6651 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Finally figured out the drop target 'ruins'. been testing these all summer so I know they are robust. Any interest? Not sure on prices yet. I might need to tweak them to make sure they will work with Cliffys in place so they're not ready yet anyway, but thought I'd see what you guys all think.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Interested!

#6652 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Shooting for having the mode hole deflector ready by the end of next week (fingers crossed). If the demand is there... I will have it available for sale on my pinside shop "Pin-Ups". There is another solution out there that just popped up today (spacers to drop the saucer and hardware)... seems like a good solution as well.
I will provide installation instructions and I will post a video of my solution in action once I get it finalized. PM me if you are interested... so I can get an idea of the initial quantity that I will need to get fabbed. Again, IF I get a decent amount of interest... I will stock it, if not then I will just sell them one-zee two-zee. I will also be selling some other items in the near future... simple stuff to make your game play better or easier to customize.
Thanks for being a part of this project... all your comments and help were very valuable.
Jim

Also interested.

5 months later
#7885 3 years ago

Are Radcals super glossy? I'm worried about the ultra glossy look.

1 year later
#9958 1 year ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Finally landed one of these. Any recommended mods for this game?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Also, Pinsound with the endprodukt mix and a subwoofer. This really turns the game into a theatrical experience.

#9959 1 year ago
Quoted from patje:

Hi guys
what is the angle of your IJ please? Is 6.5 ° good for IJ ? And if it's more, does affect the mini playfield?

I believe mine is about 6.5 last I measured. The game gets real floaty less than that and too fast if it's more. I adjusted the mini playfield separately by placing washers under the front bracket (and longer screws) to slow the ball down a little bit. Otherwise, the mini playfield is almost unplayable.

8 months later
#10616 9 months ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Getting ready to rebuild my IJPA and I'm torn between decals and radcals. Has anyone put IJPA Radcals on a black cabinet? Does the black affect the appearance of the radcals?

I've been looking for quality screen printed decals for years, but I haven't been able to find any. The radcals look great except for the glossiness.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 29.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

14,000 (OBO)
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,419.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
12,500 (OBO)
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoPinfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club?tu=CoPinfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.