20240320_235401 (resized).jpg
20240320_235329 (resized).jpg
20240320_224027 (resized).jpg
20240320_235312 (resized).jpg
20240320_235234 (resized).jpg
IMG_0746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0826 (resized).jpeg

There are 11,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 232.
#4902 4 years ago

I was wondering of any of the Indy owners who have inner art blades installed (Tilt's GameBlades, PinGrafx PinBlades, etc.) could post some pictures of their games)?

I am about to reassemble my IJ, and it might be a time saver to get this done before the playfield is in the cabinet... just not sure about the overall look of the game with the various art packages.

Thanks for any help!

#4903 4 years ago
Quoted from -ZZZ-:

I was wondering of any of the Indy owners who have inner art blades installed (Tilt's GameBlades, PinGrafx PinBlades, etc.) could post some pictures of their games)?
I am about to reassemble my IJ, and it might be a time saver to get this done before the playfield is in the cabinet... just not sure about the overall look of the game with the various art packages.
Thanks for any help!

I’m in the thick of this decision myself. My biggest constraint is that whatever I choose it has to match the artwork of the game. I won’t like anything that is realistic or too far off from the artwork on the playfield and playfield plastics.

I’ve found none that are a slam dunk for me.

#4904 4 years ago
Quoted from -ZZZ-:

Thanks for any help!

Check my post about sideblades:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/54#post-4156785

I have the 3rd version.

#4905 4 years ago
DSC_1852 (resized).JPGDSC_1852 (resized).JPGDSC_1853 (resized).JPGDSC_1853 (resized).JPG
#4906 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I’m in the thick of this decision myself. My biggest constraint is that whatever I choose it has to match the artwork of the game. I won’t like anything that is realistic or too far off from the artwork on the playfield and playfield plastics.
I’ve found none that are a slam dunk for me.

I like tilt game blades, really good color, great artwork.

Heavy vinyl that wont tear up.

They are the best.

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/indiana-jones-gameblades

#4907 4 years ago

Ordered some Voodoo glass from Nitro, looks pretty good. Will need to set it side by side with the PDI but definitely 100% better than the standard Widebody glass I had in there

1606E221-25AC-4E54-B205-BFE38D9109FC.jpeg1606E221-25AC-4E54-B205-BFE38D9109FC.jpegA4F09F8A-3F97-4CB1-9C5C-F65771C235CB.jpegA4F09F8A-3F97-4CB1-9C5C-F65771C235CB.jpeg3D1824B6-A1B9-4F0F-996C-2F21F420E03A.jpeg3D1824B6-A1B9-4F0F-996C-2F21F420E03A.jpegDB568401-FDEF-4E97-8EFE-A00502505115.jpegDB568401-FDEF-4E97-8EFE-A00502505115.jpegF13E84B8-3724-4245-9731-71A432ACC104.jpegF13E84B8-3724-4245-9731-71A432ACC104.jpeg
#4908 4 years ago
Quoted from -ZZZ-:

Thanks for any help!

I printed these side decals thanks to fellow Pinsider @averell. I think they look awesome and really compliment the game.

BBCA5B97-6153-4E56-A1C5-F326E6753829 (resized).jpegBBCA5B97-6153-4E56-A1C5-F326E6753829 (resized).jpeg
#4909 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I printed these side decals thanks to fellow Pinsider averell. I think they look awesome and really compliment the game.[quoted image]

Did you have them printed st a sign shop?

#4910 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Did you have them printed st a sign shop?

I have the printer. I’ll see if I can find some better pictures. I think I printed an extra set just in case. I’ll look for it and take better pics.

#4911 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I have the printer. I’ll see if I can find some better pictures. I think I printed an extra set just in case. I’ll look for it and take better pics.

I was thinking of getting a roll printer and maybe a vinyl cutter.

What printer did you use?

#4912 4 years ago

I was thinking of getting a roll printer and maybe a vinyl cutter.
What printer did you use?

I’ll give you the info. Driving atm....

#4913 4 years ago

Like these decals...

#4914 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

My biggest constraint is that whatever I choose it has to match the artwork of the game. I won’t like anything that is realistic or too far off from the artwork on the playfield and playfield plastics.

This version is based on playfield plastics, looks like an extended playfield:

20191121_190051 (resized).jpg20191121_190051 (resized).jpg20191121_190119 (resized).jpg20191121_190119 (resized).jpg
#4915 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

This version is based on playfield plastics, looks like an extended playfield:[quoted image][quoted image]

Those are the ones that I have.

#4916 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Those are the ones that I have.

Where are those from?

#4917 4 years ago

Ok, I’m calling it. Williams IJ greatest pinball machine ever made

I’m about to callout & compare the others faking to compete

#4918 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Where are those from?

I got mine from Treasurecove pinball years ago. I think they still have them

#4919 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, I’m calling it. Williams IJ greatest pinball machine ever made
I’m about to callout & compare the others faking to compete

If Indiana Jones is your thing... then nothing beats this machine in terms of theme integration. I know people say never say never but I am never parting with my IJ.

#4920 4 years ago

Yeah I have some of the best machines but this one is the king

#4921 4 years ago

You should play an ALIEN.

#4922 4 years ago

I need some help with flipper alignment. I am just about to put my restored Indy playfield back into the cabinet when I noticed a seeming misalignment between the ball feed guide and the flipper.

On most of my games I have the ball roll smoothly on to the flippers, and without changing an angle. However, there is a significant gap / drop between the ball guides and the flippers themselves. I am holding a straight metal piece against the ball guides on the pictures below to show off the gap...

Is this normal? Can others post pictures of their Indy flipper area to see if this has been standard on the game for some reason?

Thanks for the help!

both (resized).jpgboth (resized).jpgleft (resized).jpgleft (resized).jpgright (resized).jpgright (resized).jpg
#4923 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

You should play an ALIEN.

I’m just sitting here hoping you get abducted for saying that

#4924 4 years ago

Of course the Indy is a master piece, but believe me this ALIEN is gorgeous and a brillant Pinball Machine.
There was nothing else comparable for the last decades.

#4925 4 years ago

...but I just can’t

9999F2D5-2606-4141-9BBD-C32DB1C321C6.gif9999F2D5-2606-4141-9BBD-C32DB1C321C6.gif
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4926 4 years ago

Whenever you have the chance to play it, do so.
But keep in mind that this thing will possess you and it would be a shame if you have to sell the Indy to get an ALIEN.
So take care... and be aware of it.

#4927 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Whenever you have the chance to play it, do so.
But keep in mind that this thing will possess you and it would be a shame if you have to sell the Indy to get an ALIEN.
So take care... and be aware of it.

Now you got me curious!

#4928 4 years ago

I have an IJ and played al lot of Alien. No way I am parting with my IJ over an Alien. It is a nice machine but not for me. Even when they do start making them again, I will not be convinced that fast to buy one. Again great machine, great franchise, nice toys, but the shooting is not my thing. Also the machine is very dark, playfield art is under par. Then again the video's are awesome. Just my opinion, play it and make up your own mind. IJ for keeps

#4929 4 years ago

I have both of them and it's a nice to have the other third big francise T2.
F-14 was the first Pinball I ever used to play and it's still fast and loud. Indy was my Everest and the first all around restore, T2 is a must have and the ALIEN is something very special.
None of them will ever leave my basement, just if I leave this planet.

DSCN7000 (resized).JPGDSCN7000 (resized).JPG

#4930 4 years ago

It’s awkward that you can’t find this thread by searching for “Indiana Jones.” That said, glad I found this so I can read up.

#4931 4 years ago

So I’m finally getting around to getting my Indy up and running this winter. What are some rubber color or color combinations that people are using? Seems like the options are plentiful, anyone have some pics? I started looking through the photos on this thread but that’s a lot!

#4932 4 years ago

Just took advantage of CPR’s Black Friday sale and ordered the IJ backglass. Dumb luck just checked to see if they were showing available and they were. I guess I missed that.

#4933 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Just took advantage of CPR’s Black Friday sale and ordered the IJ backglass. Dumb luck just checked to see if they were showing available and they were. I guess I missed that.

Quoted from dmacy:

What’s so good about them though? I’ve never seen one in person.

#4934 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Its really nice compared to the translite.

#4935 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

They are really classy. Some people feel like it doesn’t really fit the era of the game tho. I think it looks unbelievably great... the mirrored accents are awesome! I’m not sure they are 3 bills great but I dropped the coin on one in a WTF moment of weakness. I don’t regret it.

#4936 4 years ago

Curious how many people here still haven’t got Wizard mode on this game. I haven’t. I think I’ve got 8 modes max in one game

#4937 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Curious how many people here still haven’t got Wizard mode on this game. I haven’t. I think I’ve got 8 modes max in one game

I’ve had mine for 3 years and only recently got there for the first time - I guess I’m making more of an effort these days to control the ball and make the shots but still not the easiest game to master (for me anyway) and anything above 6 modes is a good game. I love hitting back to back ramps but death is always lurking if I brick a shot

#4938 4 years ago

I’ve seen the beautiful work done for the nickel, brass and chrome guns/side rails. Has anyone done any powder coating of the wire forms and habitrails other than these finishes? Please post pics if you have. Thanks.

#4939 4 years ago

I can usually get to the wizard mode if I time out the modes and just hit the mode start. I think I’ve made it twice the real way. Gotta capitalize on all the extra balls (like path of adventure, etc)

#4940 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I can usually get to the wizard mode if I time out the modes and just hit the mode start. I think I’ve made it twice the real way. Gotta capitalize on all the extra balls (like path of adventure, etc)

That was my gonna be my next question. How many people got the Wizard mode without draining modes. I might have been able to get there by now if i did but it seems kinda cheating. Also most of the modes are progressive so completing each of those is a challenge in itself. I barely won the tank race the other day and have only done it once.

It’s crazy they went this far in building out this game. Pretty sure very few saw Wizard mode in the 90’s

Seems like the most difficult to get vs any other pin

#4941 4 years ago

I have been to wizard mode twice. Own the game about 4 years. I only once waited to time-out the mode, the last one before wizerd mode. I wanted to get there so badly. I did not make the billion shot I was one shot away....Same on POTC and Spider-man....just one shot.....

#4942 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Seems like the most difficult to get vs any other pin

Getting to " there and back again " on The Hobbit is a marathon 31 modes

#4943 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Owned mine 15 years and got there once (I think ) but I am rubbish!

#4944 4 years ago

I just purchased an IJ....got to arrange for shipping it tomorrow but it's mine! It's a beauty too....no cabinet fade and the playfield is immaculate! I can't wait for it to arrive. IMO it's one of the best pinball machines ever made!

#4945 4 years ago

I have been lucky enough to play the wizard mode quite a few times. But i have nearly 2000 plays on my machine since i got it 3 years ago. in one game i got to play the wizard mode twice. I agree with above poster that extra balls is the key. Also stalling the ball on either flipper whenever you can ( then master the mode start shot from the stalled position - i would bet 75% of my mode start shots are from the stall). And when you get to the wizard mode i recommend that during the 30 seconds of eternal life, your primary objective is hitting the upper playfield. When things are chaos with 6 balls, let a few drain to keep your shots to the right ramp more clear Sorry maybe way too much info there...

#4946 4 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

So I’m finally getting around to getting my Indy up and running this winter. What are some rubber color or color combinations that people are using? Seems like the options are plentiful, anyone have some pics? I started looking through the photos on this thread but that’s a lot!

I ended up using a combination of orange and green cliffy protectors. I think they look great with the playfield.
Also i replaced all my rubber rings with the translucent ones. (They look really cool when playing at night)

#4947 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I have been to wizard mode twice. Own the game about 4 years. I only once waited to time-out the mode, the last one before wizerd mode. I wanted to get there so badly. I did not make the billion shot I was one shot away....Same on POTC and Spider-man....just one shot.....

Yeah I probably would have done the same. Would have been torture to lose it one mode short

I finally got the mine cart yesterday. I’m sure there’s a pattern listed on the internet but I wanted to do it by reflex. Was pretty awesome. Now I might look it up so I can do the dancing monkeys

#4948 4 years ago

I recently have seen an issue where the ball kicks out of the trough but then bounces hard enough off the wood rail to end up back in the trough, requiring multiple kicks to get it out occasionally. Has anyone else had this issue? I figured I would ask before diagnosing.

#4949 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I recently have seen an issue where the ball kicks out of the trough but then bounces hard enough off the wood rail to end up back in the trough, requiring multiple kicks to get it out occasionally. Has anyone else had this issue? I figured I would ask before diagnosing.

Is it the correct coil?

#4950 4 years ago

Is it the correct coil?

It is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 63.95
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
25,000 (Firm)
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 49.99
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Wanted
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toppers
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 232.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/99?hl=davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.