IMG_2559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
There are 11,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 234.
#4851 4 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

I think that I need to replace the Opto 45 (center enter). I tried cleaning them off awhile back but didnt seem to change anything. Thoughts? Thanx!

Tried just testing that opto by hand? If I remember , I had to bend a coat hanger and wave it by the opto.
But yes, clean and replace can cure a gremlin.

#4852 4 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

I have one small thing on my machine that I still need to take care of. It has always been this way the 3 years i have owned her. I think i know the answer but wanted to throw out there before i do this....
When the Dogfight/Hurry Up is lit and i hit the center shot to complete it, it will only recognize the shot and give the bonus maybe 1/3-1/2 of the time. When it doesnt it puts the ball back out in the idol and the countdown for dogfight continues. But every time i otherwise hit center shot it will always register a locked ball. I think that I need to replace the Opto 45 (center enter). I tried cleaning them off awhile back but didnt seem to change anything. Thoughts? Thanx!

Huh I've had that happen on mine too. Anyways, yeah optos don't last forever, and they're not too expensive, so I'd throw a set at it and see what happens.

#4853 4 years ago

Hi All,

Airball mods are in production. Only making 25 sets. $22 a set shipped. They are made of acrylic and not PETG. My guy couldn't get PET-G. The funny thing is I realized my first sets were PET-G and I had more breaks. The second run was acrylic and I don't think I had any breaks. The acrylic is slightly thicker, maybe that is why? Regardless, you are buying a low cost mod with a purpose of taking slams from airballs. They will not last forever (maybe they will) but even if you get 3 to 4 years out of them for $22 with significantly better game play and protection I think it is worth the investment. PM me if you would like to get on the wait list. I think they are being delivered around Nov. 6th. Once I have them and verify the quality I will collect payment and ship.

#4854 4 years ago

Hi,
Need some advice.
Single drop target is malfunctioning on start up test IF the drop target is down when I power up the game (tries three fast attempts to raise, then stops and generates an error report)
Works fine in test both up and down.
IF single drop target is up when I power up the game it drops and gets up in the start up test without problem and is working in play without a problem.

Any ideas what can caus this and what to look for / adjust.

#4855 4 years ago

Please give me your opinions, I have the opportunity to powdercoat my indy in 3 colors, gold, silver or black, which one should I choose? Thanks

IMG_20191104_173703 (resized).jpgIMG_20191104_173703 (resized).jpg
#4856 4 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Please give me your opinions, I have the opportunity to powdercoat my indy in 3 colors, gold, silver or black, which one should I choose? Thanks[quoted image]

I was originally going to go with brass. I still like the polished brass finish but I saw a few in black and I really like how it contrasts with the artwork. I'm in the middle of restoring mine right now. The color I have is actually "gold"... its almost black. It has gold flake but you cant see it very well in the pictures.
powdercoat1 (resized).jpgpowdercoat1 (resized).jpgpowdercoat3 (resized).jpgpowdercoat3 (resized).jpgpowdercoat2 (resized).jpgpowdercoat2 (resized).jpg

#4857 4 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Please give me your opinions, I have the opportunity to powdercoat my indy in 3 colors, gold, silver or black, which one should I choose? Thanks[quoted image]

I have never seen a nice powdercoated gold (mustard is not gold).
Silver doesn't fit.
Check Ricochet's Indy in black, that's nice. You can also find black version in HEP gallery.

#4858 4 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

Hi,
Need some advice.
Single drop target is malfunctioning on start up test IF the drop target is down when I power up the game (tries three fast attempts to raise, then stops and generates an error report)
IF single drop target is up when I power up the game it drops and gets up in the start up test without problem and is working in play without a problem.

Clean the target and/or replace it including the coil. You’ll most like need to remove it first. I find tho if you exercise it (lift it manually and hit the drop level) over & over several times it will work. But that lasts only a short while.

#4859 4 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

Hi,
Need some advice.

Did you install a cliffy there? I had the same issue. On my machine, the drop target was hitting the cliffy. Readjusting the mech solved the issue

#4860 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Clean the target and/or replace it including the coil. You’ll most like need to remove it first. I find tho if you exercise it (lift it manually and hit the drop level) over & over several times it will work. But that lasts only a short while.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Did you install a cliffy there? I had the same issue. On my machine, the drop target was hitting the cliffy. Readjusting the mech solved the issue

Thanks for you suggestions,

I’ve already removed and put it back with small adjustment to be sure it doesn´t hit the Playfield in anyt way, Will try to give it some massage.

Had a cliffy that is removed with no change.

The strange thing is that it is only malfunctioning when the game is turned on and the droptarget in down position, if it is in up position everything on power up it works perfect during initial test and gameplay, and also in test mode. That for me is an indication that it is not hitting anything but is some other strange problem.

Any more thoughts,

#4861 4 years ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

Thanks for you suggestions,
I’ve already removed and put it back with small adjustment to be sure it doesn´t hit the Playfield in anyt way, Will try to give it some massage.
Had a cliffy that is removed with no change.
The strange thing is that it is only malfunctioning when the game is turned on and the droptarget in down position, if it is in up position everything on power up it works perfect during initial test and gameplay, and also in test mode. That for me is an indication that it is not hitting anything but is some other strange problem.
Any more thoughts,

Replace what you can, and make it new again.

Check for loose, frayed, burnt or corroded wire on that circuit, to make sure you are getting enough power.

Check IDC wires at the driver board and clean or renew. Check the pins thete if they look bad.

#4862 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I was originally going to go with brass. I still like the polished brass finish but I saw a few in black and I really like how it contrasts with the artwork. I'm in the middle of restoring mine right now. The color I have is actually "gold"... its almost black. It has gold flake but you cant see it very well in the pictures.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Black pearl powdercoat.

#4865 4 years ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Your Indy is beautiful. Honestly, nothing beats brass plating on an Indy. Yes it costs about 2x as much as powder coating, but You will not regret it. I have brass on mine from sc93cobra and I would never have it any other way

#4866 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Check for loose, frayed, burnt or corroded wire on that circuit, to make sure you are getting enough power.
Check IDC wires at the driver board and clean or renew. Check the pins thete if they look bad.

Thanks, I’ll check.

#4867 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Does anyone know where to find the airball protectors that go above the 3-Bank drops and single drop? I’m getting some wicked air.

I got one from djshakes on here, he made Indiana and tales from the crypt

#4868 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I got one from djshakes on here, he made Indiana and tales from the crypt

nevermind, seen he replied. glad he's doing another run of these.

#4869 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I have never seen a nice powdercoated gold (mustard is not gold).
Silver doesn't fit.
Check Ricochet's Indy in black, that's nice. You can also find black version in HEP gallery.

Agree gold powdercoat is not gold

IMG_5418 (resized).jpgIMG_5418 (resized).jpg
#4870 4 years ago

I have seen a Dark brown powdercoat job once, looked very good. Black will always be ok, but can be a bit standard. I like chrome, chrome just looks amazing on almost any machine.

#4871 4 years ago

Hey all,

Ball goes in subway trough, only registers at ball check- no ball lock. Do optos register in switch test? I can’t get optos along path to register when blocked. Yes, they are clean.

Thanks

#4872 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Hey all,
Ball goes in subway trough, only registers at ball check- no ball lock. Do optos register in switch test? I can’t get optos along path to register when blocked. Yes, they are clean.
Thanks

Optos do register in switch test.

They are on until triggered, then off.

They work the opposite of regular switches.

#4873 4 years ago

So I contacted CPR the other day about releasing an Indiana Jones Williams playfield and the response was interesting.

"Sorry, we currently do not have digitized artwork available for this playfield."

I was expecting the response to be licensing issues. So I made me start thinking, well - somebody might have the digitized artwork for this playfield or how do we get this? I for sure would buy an Indy PF as this machine is bolted to the floor.

So anybody interested in pursuing this?

#4874 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So I contacted CPR the other day about releasing an Indiana Jones Williams playfield and the response was interesting.
"Sorry, we currently do not have digitized artwork available for this playfield."
I was expecting the response to be licensing issues. So I made me start thinking, well - somebody might have the digitized artwork for this playfield or how do we get this? I for sure would buy an Indy PF as this machine is bolted to the floor.
So anybody interested in pursuing this?

Mirco Playfields has stated in a few threads that they are making them. Its been at least a year since announcement, and there was a working on it still few months back.

#4875 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Mirco Playfields has stated in a few threads that they are making them. Its been at least a year since announcement, and there was a working on it still few months back.

Ah, nice. Ok - guess ill check in with them

#4876 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ah, nice. Ok - guess ill check in with them

Let us know the results. I’ve been pm’ing every couple months as well.

#4877 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Let us know the results. I’ve been painting every couple months as well.

Ha! Yeah im tempted, but the best advice is preventing me. "Better is the enemy of good"

I sent them a DM, so ill hopefully get an ETA

#4878 4 years ago

Optos do register in switch test.
They are on until triggered, then off.
They work the opposite of regular switches.

Thanks. So all subway optos failed at same time. Opto board fried?

#4879 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Thanks. So all subway optos failed at same time. Opto board fried?

Loose wire etc..

#4880 4 years ago

Problem solved, adjusted the droptarget in the downposition 1-2 lower made the problem go away

#4881 4 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

I have one small thing on my machine that I still need to take care of. It has always been this way the 3 years i have owned her. I think i know the answer but wanted to throw out there before i do this....
When the Dogfight/Hurry Up is lit and i hit the center shot to complete it, it will only recognize the shot and give the bonus maybe 1/3-1/2 of the time. When it doesnt it puts the ball back out in the idol and the countdown for dogfight continues. But every time i otherwise hit center shot it will always register a locked ball. I think that I need to replace the Opto 45 (center enter). I tried cleaning them off awhile back but didnt seem to change anything. Thoughts? Thanx!

Just an FYI follow up in case anyone else has problem of not being rewarded the dogfight/hurry-up award every time. I replaced Opto 45 and that solved the problem (after cleaning the old optos first with no change).

#4882 4 years ago

Hi all,
My mini playfield just started stuttering when moved to the left. Does the same in switch tests. Having done a quick search on here it looks like the culprit will either be POA optos or flipper optos (or both). Any recommendations on how to proceed. I’m also not sure where the opto boards are on the POA!
Thanks for any help.

#4883 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Hi all,
My mini playfield just started stuttering when moved to the left. Does the same in switch tests. Having done a quick search on here it looks like the culprit will either be POA optos or flipper optos (or both). Any recommendations on how to proceed. I’m also not sure where the opto boards are on the POA!
Thanks for any help.

Stuttering is a symptom of dirty or failing optos on the POA opto board.

It's under the POA.

New opto boards are pretty cheap and work good.

But you can also just solder in new optos or clean them and it usually works.

#4884 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Hi all,
Thanks for any help.

I had the same issue, swapped the flipper opto board and the issue persisted. Bought the Williams Indiana Jones Path Of Adventure Dual Opto Board #A-16657 and all is good now.

POA Opto (resized).PNGPOA Opto (resized).PNG
#4885 4 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

I had the same issue, swapped the flipper opto board and the issue persisted. Bought the Williams Indiana Jones Path Of Adventure Dual Opto Board #A-16657 and all is good now.[quoted image]

Where did you order this from?

#4887 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Where did you order this from?

That ad is from pinball life.

#4888 4 years ago

It's not - but very similar.

#4889 4 years ago

Thanks guys - much appreciated. I’ll sort the opto board. With the effort of getting the POA out I might as well swap in a new component.
Cheers

#4891 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Thanks guys - much appreciated. I’ll sort the opto board. With the effort of getting the POA out I might as well swap in a new component.
Cheers

You might swap out the motor controller board too for durability.

They seem to go bad in pairs for me.

#4892 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

It's not - but very similar.

Quoted from Energyspike:

Yes, I snapped a pic from this link...

I stand corrected. Im glad these are available. I got mine from pinballlife.
Its always something!

#4893 4 years ago

Why thank you sir.

#4895 4 years ago

Do you have a part number for the motor controller board? Available at pinball life as well? Thank you.

#4896 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Do you have a part number for the motor controller board? Available at pinball life as well? Thank you.

It's in the manual.

#4897 4 years ago

Has anyone tried to paint your idol ruins?
I would like to give it a try and any pictures or wisdom you would like to impart would be helpful as my artistic skills are marginal at best. Thanx!

#4898 4 years ago

Well, opto problem still here. Subway trough and left ramp optos out- all clean. Opto board is new, trough ball launch optos working. Switch before POA also out. Any thoughts?

Thanks

#4899 4 years ago

Airball mods ready. Pms sent last night to those interested. Only made 25.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87609

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 85.00
$ 1,419.00
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

12,500 (OBO)
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/98?hl=soulrider911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.