Topic Stats

• 4,964 posts
  • 407 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by kidchrisso
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,634 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191207_165236 (resized).jpg
20191207_165145 (resized).jpg
20191205_204258 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191203_194754_01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191203_143014_01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191203_143030_01 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191203_195839_01 (resized).jpg
20191206_163848 (resized).jpg
20191206_163853 (resized).jpg
20191206_163851 (resized).jpg
DSCN7000 (resized).JPG
9999F2D5-2606-4141-9BBD-C32DB1C321C6.gif
right (resized).jpg
left (resized).jpg
both (resized).jpg
20191121_190119 (resized).jpg

There are 4964 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 100.
#4851 39 days ago
Quoted from Fremen:

I think that I need to replace the Opto 45 (center enter). I tried cleaning them off awhile back but didnt seem to change anything. Thoughts? Thanx!

Tried just testing that opto by hand? If I remember , I had to bend a coat hanger and wave it by the opto.
But yes, clean and replace can cure a gremlin.

#4852 38 days ago
Quoted from Fremen:

I have one small thing on my machine that I still need to take care of. It has always been this way the 3 years i have owned her. I think i know the answer but wanted to throw out there before i do this....
When the Dogfight/Hurry Up is lit and i hit the center shot to complete it, it will only recognize the shot and give the bonus maybe 1/3-1/2 of the time. When it doesnt it puts the ball back out in the idol and the countdown for dogfight continues. But every time i otherwise hit center shot it will always register a locked ball. I think that I need to replace the Opto 45 (center enter). I tried cleaning them off awhile back but didnt seem to change anything. Thoughts? Thanx!

Huh I've had that happen on mine too. Anyways, yeah optos don't last forever, and they're not too expensive, so I'd throw a set at it and see what happens.

#4853 38 days ago

Hi All,

Airball mods are in production. Only making 25 sets. $22 a set shipped. They are made of acrylic and not PETG. My guy couldn't get PET-G. The funny thing is I realized my first sets were PET-G and I had more breaks. The second run was acrylic and I don't think I had any breaks. The acrylic is slightly thicker, maybe that is why? Regardless, you are buying a low cost mod with a purpose of taking slams from airballs. They will not last forever (maybe they will) but even if you get 3 to 4 years out of them for $22 with significantly better game play and protection I think it is worth the investment. PM me if you would like to get on the wait list. I think they are being delivered around Nov. 6th. Once I have them and verify the quality I will collect payment and ship.

#4854 34 days ago

Hi,
Need some advice.
Single drop target is malfunctioning on start up test IF the drop target is down when I power up the game (tries three fast attempts to raise, then stops and generates an error report)
Works fine in test both up and down.
IF single drop target is up when I power up the game it drops and gets up in the start up test without problem and is working in play without a problem.

Any ideas what can caus this and what to look for / adjust.

#4855 33 days ago

Please give me your opinions, I have the opportunity to powdercoat my indy in 3 colors, gold, silver or black, which one should I choose? Thanks

IMG_20191104_173703 (resized).jpg
#4856 33 days ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Please give me your opinions, I have the opportunity to powdercoat my indy in 3 colors, gold, silver or black, which one should I choose? Thanks[quoted image]

I was originally going to go with brass. I still like the polished brass finish but I saw a few in black and I really like how it contrasts with the artwork. I'm in the middle of restoring mine right now. The color I have is actually "gold"... its almost black. It has gold flake but you cant see it very well in the pictures.
powdercoat1 (resized).jpgpowdercoat3 (resized).jpgpowdercoat2 (resized).jpg

#4857 33 days ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Please give me your opinions, I have the opportunity to powdercoat my indy in 3 colors, gold, silver or black, which one should I choose? Thanks[quoted image]

I have never seen a nice powdercoated gold (mustard is not gold).
Silver doesn't fit.
Check Ricochet's Indy in black, that's nice. You can also find black version in HEP gallery.

#4858 33 days ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

Hi,
Need some advice.
Single drop target is malfunctioning on start up test IF the drop target is down when I power up the game (tries three fast attempts to raise, then stops and generates an error report)
IF single drop target is up when I power up the game it drops and gets up in the start up test without problem and is working in play without a problem.

Clean the target and/or replace it including the coil. You’ll most like need to remove it first. I find tho if you exercise it (lift it manually and hit the drop level) over & over several times it will work. But that lasts only a short while.

#4859 33 days ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

Hi,
Need some advice.

Did you install a cliffy there? I had the same issue. On my machine, the drop target was hitting the cliffy. Readjusting the mech solved the issue

#4860 33 days ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Clean the target and/or replace it including the coil. You’ll most like need to remove it first. I find tho if you exercise it (lift it manually and hit the drop level) over & over several times it will work. But that lasts only a short while.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Did you install a cliffy there? I had the same issue. On my machine, the drop target was hitting the cliffy. Readjusting the mech solved the issue

Thanks for you suggestions,

I’ve already removed and put it back with small adjustment to be sure it doesn´t hit the Playfield in anyt way, Will try to give it some massage.

Had a cliffy that is removed with no change.

The strange thing is that it is only malfunctioning when the game is turned on and the droptarget in down position, if it is in up position everything on power up it works perfect during initial test and gameplay, and also in test mode. That for me is an indication that it is not hitting anything but is some other strange problem.

Any more thoughts,

#4861 33 days ago
Quoted from Jireteg:

Thanks for you suggestions,
I’ve already removed and put it back with small adjustment to be sure it doesn´t hit the Playfield in anyt way, Will try to give it some massage.
Had a cliffy that is removed with no change.
The strange thing is that it is only malfunctioning when the game is turned on and the droptarget in down position, if it is in up position everything on power up it works perfect during initial test and gameplay, and also in test mode. That for me is an indication that it is not hitting anything but is some other strange problem.
Any more thoughts,

Replace what you can, and make it new again.

Check for loose, frayed, burnt or corroded wire on that circuit, to make sure you are getting enough power.

Check IDC wires at the driver board and clean or renew. Check the pins thete if they look bad.

#4862 33 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I was originally going to go with brass. I still like the polished brass finish but I saw a few in black and I really like how it contrasts with the artwork. I'm in the middle of restoring mine right now. The color I have is actually "gold"... its almost black. It has gold flake but you cant see it very well in the pictures.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Black pearl powdercoat.

#4865 32 days ago
Quoted from lanfeust:

Your Indy is beautiful. Honestly, nothing beats brass plating on an Indy. Yes it costs about 2x as much as powder coating, but You will not regret it. I have brass on mine from sc93cobra and I would never have it any other way

#4866 32 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Check for loose, frayed, burnt or corroded wire on that circuit, to make sure you are getting enough power.
Check IDC wires at the driver board and clean or renew. Check the pins thete if they look bad.

Thanks, I’ll check.

#4867 32 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Does anyone know where to find the airball protectors that go above the 3-Bank drops and single drop? I’m getting some wicked air.

I got one from djshakes on here, he made Indiana and tales from the crypt

#4868 32 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I got one from djshakes on here, he made Indiana and tales from the crypt

nevermind, seen he replied. glad he's doing another run of these.

#4869 32 days ago
Quoted from Davi:

I have never seen a nice powdercoated gold (mustard is not gold).
Silver doesn't fit.
Check Ricochet's Indy in black, that's nice. You can also find black version in HEP gallery.

Agree gold powdercoat is not gold

IMG_5418 (resized).jpg
#4870 32 days ago

I have seen a Dark brown powdercoat job once, looked very good. Black will always be ok, but can be a bit standard. I like chrome, chrome just looks amazing on almost any machine.

#4871 32 days ago

Hey all,

Ball goes in subway trough, only registers at ball check- no ball lock. Do optos register in switch test? I can’t get optos along path to register when blocked. Yes, they are clean.

Thanks

#4872 31 days ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Hey all,
Ball goes in subway trough, only registers at ball check- no ball lock. Do optos register in switch test? I can’t get optos along path to register when blocked. Yes, they are clean.
Thanks

Optos do register in switch test.

They are on until triggered, then off.

They work the opposite of regular switches.

#4873 31 days ago

So I contacted CPR the other day about releasing an Indiana Jones Williams playfield and the response was interesting.

"Sorry, we currently do not have digitized artwork available for this playfield."

I was expecting the response to be licensing issues. So I made me start thinking, well - somebody might have the digitized artwork for this playfield or how do we get this? I for sure would buy an Indy PF as this machine is bolted to the floor.

So anybody interested in pursuing this?

#4874 31 days ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So I contacted CPR the other day about releasing an Indiana Jones Williams playfield and the response was interesting.
"Sorry, we currently do not have digitized artwork available for this playfield."
I was expecting the response to be licensing issues. So I made me start thinking, well - somebody might have the digitized artwork for this playfield or how do we get this? I for sure would buy an Indy PF as this machine is bolted to the floor.
So anybody interested in pursuing this?

Mirco Playfields has stated in a few threads that they are making them. Its been at least a year since announcement, and there was a working on it still few months back.

#4875 31 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Mirco Playfields has stated in a few threads that they are making them. Its been at least a year since announcement, and there was a working on it still few months back.

Ah, nice. Ok - guess ill check in with them

#4876 31 days ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ah, nice. Ok - guess ill check in with them

Let us know the results. I’ve been pm’ing every couple months as well.

#4877 31 days ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Let us know the results. I’ve been painting every couple months as well.

Ha! Yeah im tempted, but the best advice is preventing me. "Better is the enemy of good"

I sent them a DM, so ill hopefully get an ETA

#4878 31 days ago

Optos do register in switch test.
They are on until triggered, then off.
They work the opposite of regular switches.

Thanks. So all subway optos failed at same time. Opto board fried?

#4879 30 days ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Thanks. So all subway optos failed at same time. Opto board fried?

Loose wire etc..

#4880 30 days ago

Problem solved, adjusted the droptarget in the downposition 1-2 lower made the problem go away

#4881 30 days ago
Quoted from Fremen:

I have one small thing on my machine that I still need to take care of. It has always been this way the 3 years i have owned her. I think i know the answer but wanted to throw out there before i do this....
When the Dogfight/Hurry Up is lit and i hit the center shot to complete it, it will only recognize the shot and give the bonus maybe 1/3-1/2 of the time. When it doesnt it puts the ball back out in the idol and the countdown for dogfight continues. But every time i otherwise hit center shot it will always register a locked ball. I think that I need to replace the Opto 45 (center enter). I tried cleaning them off awhile back but didnt seem to change anything. Thoughts? Thanx!

Just an FYI follow up in case anyone else has problem of not being rewarded the dogfight/hurry-up award every time. I replaced Opto 45 and that solved the problem (after cleaning the old optos first with no change).

#4882 28 days ago

Hi all,
My mini playfield just started stuttering when moved to the left. Does the same in switch tests. Having done a quick search on here it looks like the culprit will either be POA optos or flipper optos (or both). Any recommendations on how to proceed. I’m also not sure where the opto boards are on the POA!
Thanks for any help.

#4883 28 days ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Hi all,
My mini playfield just started stuttering when moved to the left. Does the same in switch tests. Having done a quick search on here it looks like the culprit will either be POA optos or flipper optos (or both). Any recommendations on how to proceed. I’m also not sure where the opto boards are on the POA!
Thanks for any help.

Stuttering is a symptom of dirty or failing optos on the POA opto board.

It's under the POA.

New opto boards are pretty cheap and work good.

But you can also just solder in new optos or clean them and it usually works.

#4884 28 days ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Hi all,
Thanks for any help.

I had the same issue, swapped the flipper opto board and the issue persisted. Bought the Williams Indiana Jones Path Of Adventure Dual Opto Board #A-16657 and all is good now.

POA Opto (resized).PNG
#4885 27 days ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

I had the same issue, swapped the flipper opto board and the issue persisted. Bought the Williams Indiana Jones Path Of Adventure Dual Opto Board #A-16657 and all is good now.[quoted image]

Where did you order this from?

#4887 27 days ago
Quoted from gac:

Where did you order this from?

That ad is from pinball life.

#4888 27 days ago

It's not - but very similar.

#4889 27 days ago

Thanks guys - much appreciated. I’ll sort the opto board. With the effort of getting the POA out I might as well swap in a new component.
Cheers

#4891 27 days ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Thanks guys - much appreciated. I’ll sort the opto board. With the effort of getting the POA out I might as well swap in a new component.
Cheers

You might swap out the motor controller board too for durability.

They seem to go bad in pairs for me.

#4892 27 days ago
Quoted from Davi:

It's not - but very similar.

Quoted from Energyspike:

Yes, I snapped a pic from this link...

I stand corrected. Im glad these are available. I got mine from pinballlife.
Its always something!

#4893 25 days ago

Why thank you sir.

#4895 25 days ago

Do you have a part number for the motor controller board? Available at pinball life as well? Thank you.

#4896 25 days ago
Quoted from gac:

Do you have a part number for the motor controller board? Available at pinball life as well? Thank you.

It's in the manual.

#4897 25 days ago

Has anyone tried to paint your idol ruins?
I would like to give it a try and any pictures or wisdom you would like to impart would be helpful as my artistic skills are marginal at best. Thanx!

#4898 25 days ago

Well, opto problem still here. Subway trough and left ramp optos out- all clean. Opto board is new, trough ball launch optos working. Switch before POA also out. Any thoughts?

Thanks

#4899 24 days ago

Airball mods ready. Pms sent last night to those interested. Only made 25.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87609

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
There are 4964 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 100.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside