20240320_235401 (resized).jpg
20240320_235329 (resized).jpg
20240320_224027 (resized).jpg
20240320_235312 (resized).jpg
20240320_235234 (resized).jpg
IMG_0746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0826 (resized).jpeg

There are 11,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 232.
#4801 4 years ago

Very nice, looks brand new!

#4802 4 years ago

Yeah, that looks like a beautiful one! Congratulations! Someone for sure took care of that one

#4803 4 years ago

When you get Pinsound, do not forget to upgrade at least the cabinet speaker. Does not have to be flipper fidelity, just a good upgrade. Makes all the difference.

#4804 4 years ago

Does anyone know where to find the airball protectors that go above the 3-Bank drops and single drop? I’m getting some wicked air.

#4805 4 years ago

They are custom made.
There's no official dealer who sells them.

#4806 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Does anyone know where to find the airball protectors that go above the 3-Bank drops and single drop? I’m getting some wicked air.

Contact @Davi

#4807 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

When you get Pinsound, do not forget to upgrade at least the cabinet speaker. Does not have to be flipper fidelity, just a good upgrade. Makes all the difference.

If you want a big upgrade, consider a @pinwoofer sub and even cabinet speakers. Dan is amazing. Even came and helped me install and tune some stuff just because I’m lazy!

#4808 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

They are custom made.

I contacted the Pinsider who made them. He may make them again someday but not now. So I repurposed a similar piece of acrylic from LOTR (that piece you can replace with etched elf writing on it). I drilled an extra hole and it works great! Fits pretty well and no more airballs from the 3-Bank.

F31487F9-02AD-4737-B2A3-AB998BA7D075 (resized).jpegF31487F9-02AD-4737-B2A3-AB998BA7D075 (resized).jpeg
#4809 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

They are custom made.

Looks like there is enough demand again. My sales dropped off quite a bit towards the end of my last batch. I'm going to research plastic companies to see if they can cut. The one I used previously is out of business.

#4810 4 years ago

Don't use acrylic made of plexi, it's better to use Vivak (PET-G) that doesn't break.
Think about the same protector for the single drop target, can cause also a very bad situation because it's throwing the balls back like a catapult into the bi-plane!
And a short piece of mylar in front of the targets will safe the surface of the playfield.
Mandatory is the cliffy behind the targets.

#4811 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Don't use acrylic made of plexi, it's better to use Vivak (PET-G) that doesn't break.
Think about the same protector for the single drop target, can cause also a very bad situation because it's throwing the balls back like a catapult into the bi-plane!
And a short piece of mylar in front of the targets will safe the surface of the playfield.
Mandatory is the cliffy behind the targets.

Agreed. No offense to shakes but the ones I bought from him broke very quickly

#4812 4 years ago

I did just order the Cliffys for behind the 3-bank and the single drop target too, along with the scoop protector. He makes ramp protectors for the right ramp, but mine has them already. I can see wear starting on the edge of the wood behind the drops. Gotta get Cliffys on those.

If DJ makes the protectors again, I'll order them.

The problem I'm having now is, my ball is flying off the wireform when I hit the left ramp crisply. About 25% of the time, if I hit the left ramp solid, the ball jumps the wireform on the second bend after rounding the turn. It jumps off into the bi-plane. Any ideas? I tried adjusting the ramp, that didn't help. I lowered the pitch a little, but it's already pretty floaty. My flippers are crisp, and making the ramp shots is easy, but I wouldn't think the ball should fly the wireform so easily.

#4813 4 years ago

You can change to coils with decreased power, but it will be harder to make the "rollercoaster" succesfully... more tries needed.
Another simple solution is to change the angle of the Pinball Machine more higher to make the game play a little bit slower.

#4814 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I did just order the Cliffys for behind the 3-bank and the single drop target too, along with the scoop protector. He makes ramp protectors for the right ramp, but mine has them already. I can see wear starting on the edge of the wood behind the drops. Gotta get Cliffys on those.
If DJ makes the protectors again, I'll order them.
The problem I'm having now is, my ball is flying off the wireform when I hit the left ramp crisply. About 25% of the time, if I hit the left ramp solid, the ball jumps the wireform on the second bend after rounding the turn. It jumps off into the bi-plane. Any ideas? I tried adjusting the ramp, that didn't help. I lowered the pitch a little, but it's already pretty floaty. My flippers are crisp, and making the ramp shots is easy, but I wouldn't think the ball should fly the wireform so easily.

Raise the pitch. I had the same issue and that helped a lot. That should slow the ball just enough when going up the ramp.

#4815 4 years ago

Here's my solution how to protect these areas against wear and tear.
Cliffy, mylar and vivak.

DSCN4924 (resized).JPGDSCN4924 (resized).JPG

DSCN4928 (resized).JPGDSCN4928 (resized).JPG

#4816 4 years ago

That looks great. Your playfield looks perfect!

I'm having another issue I just discovered, my Path of Adventure only tips to the right or left just barely off center. Almost 100% of the time, the ball simply rolls into the first pit. I can't get enough pitch left or right to affect the ball much.

Is this adjustable? Or a Path of Adventure motor or opto board issue?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

#4817 4 years ago

Your can check the axle behind the POA sometime if it's loosen or the lever is bend.
Another issue can be that the POA will hit the ramp right next at the POA plastic bracket.

#4818 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I'm having another issue I just discovered, my Path of Adventure only tips to the right or left just barely off center. Almost 100% of the time, the ball simply rolls into the first pit. I can't get enough pitch left or right to affect the ball much.

When you turn game on it does a self test. Back and forth. Does it pass ?

#4819 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Slipping on the motor shaft.
Tighten the grub screw.

#4820 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Agreed. No offense to shakes but the ones I bought from him broke very quickly

I think you got my first batch. Second was
pet-g. No reported breaks.

#4821 4 years ago

I want to buy an indie so this will incentize me.

#4822 4 years ago

It doesn’t show any error or credit dot upon power up and POA test. It moves back and forth ok, but it really seems like the left and right tilt is very slight. I’ve only played a couple other Indys, but I’m pretty sure the path is supposed to tip a lot more.

Where is the grub screw located?

Thanks for the suggestions! I’m sure it’s a minor adjustment.

#4823 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

It doesn’t show any error or credit dot upon power up and POA test. It moves back and forth ok, but it really seems like the left and right tilt is very slight. I’ve only played a couple other Indys, but I’m pretty sure the path is supposed to tip a lot more.
Where is the grub screw located?
Thanks for the suggestions! I’m sure it’s a minor adjustment.

I hope my post helps:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/72#post-4582725

#4824 4 years ago

My mods arrived yesterday, thanks jazzbouche.

A267B015-A397-473C-972F-F5BC78F15A05 (resized).jpegA267B015-A397-473C-972F-F5BC78F15A05 (resized).jpeg
#4825 4 years ago

Mine too! They are absolutely perfect!
90CEF4CF-B0BE-4D53-81DE-CC077AE98A52 (resized).jpeg90CEF4CF-B0BE-4D53-81DE-CC077AE98A52 (resized).jpeg917ECE83-3109-4225-AEE9-84C480CB0C08 (resized).jpeg917ECE83-3109-4225-AEE9-84C480CB0C08 (resized).jpeg46914232-1815-40BB-9333-951DCCC48D73 (resized).jpeg46914232-1815-40BB-9333-951DCCC48D73 (resized).jpeg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4826 4 years ago

FYI I'm selling some cool IJ blueprints on ebay if anyone is interested.
ebay.com link: pinballvault

#4827 4 years ago

How often do Indiana Jones pins pop up that need fixed up? Nearly every one I find in the archives are already restored. Are there enough neglected IJ pins out there for me to get my hopes up on being able to restore?

#4828 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

How often do Indiana Jones pins pop up that need fixed up? Nearly every one I find in the archives are already restored. Are there enough neglected IJ pins out there for me to get my hopes up on being able to restore?

Are you looking for a restored one? I may have one for sale soon, restored by Chad Keller and I'm local to you. Don't ask for a price as I haven't figured it out yet.

#4829 4 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

Are you looking for a restored one? I may have one for sale soon, restored by Chad Keller and I'm local to you. Don't ask for a price as I haven't figured it out yet.

Looking for one that needs restored. The more damaged the better.

#4830 4 years ago

They are still out there, I just sold my rough Indiana Jones TPA 2 days ago for 5300. Another one will pop up just be patient. The guy i bought it from had it on craigslist/pinside for months.

#4831 4 years ago

Looking for one that needs restored. The more damaged the better.

I have one I could sell PM me.
Works 100% pretty rough.
It's a somewhat rare sample game.
Its worth restoring.

I have a new playfield for it if interested.
But I want the old beat one back to restore for my other IJ.

Cash on the glass please.

#4832 4 years ago

I have one right now on pinside

#4833 4 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

The knocker worked with the old board I just pulled, so I will test will the old board as part of the troubleshooting. Thanks,

Just to follow up on the issues I had. The Rottendog board I purchased off of pinside, at a discount, it was described as only powered up twice and he found the issue was with a ribbon cable so did not need the power driver board. I sent the board in for warranty, just got it back and all issues are gone, works 100%. For one, I will only buy new when it comes to power driver boards etc.

Also, Rottendog's customer service was top notch, JRod called me direct and handled it within a day. A big thumbs up for Rottendog...

#4834 4 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Just to follow up on the issues I had. The Rottendog board I purchased off of pinside, at a discount, it was described as only powered up twice and he found the issue was with a ribbon cable so did not need the power driver board. I sent the board in for warranty, just got it back and all issues are gone, works 100%. For one, I will only buy new when it comes to power driver boards etc.
Also, Rottendog's customer service was top notch, JRod called me direct and handled it within a day. A big thumbs up for Rottendog...

My IJ has all new Rottendog boards. My game works great and actually seams a great deal livelier since I replace all the old boards with new Rottendog boards.

QSS

#4835 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

My IJ has all new Rottendog boards. My game works great and actually seams a great deal livelier since I replace all the old boards with new Rottendog boards.
QSS

Good to hear. I have the 8 driver board as rottendog and will one day get the MPU replaced. The biggest upgrade is the pinsound board and I'm also considering the shaker to pair up with it...

#4836 4 years ago

I'm having airball mods made again. Dropped off sample today. Should hear back from shop early next week. They will be made from pet-g. Will post when ready.

#4837 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I'm having airball mods made again. Dropped off sample today. Should hear back from shop early next week. They will be made from pet-g. Will post when ready.

That is good to hear. My old one from you broke in a day. Pretty disappointing to say the least. I wish I knew the first one wasn’t pet-g before I purchased. I guess you should never assume. Good luck with the new version.

#4838 4 years ago

Mine has been ok but made here in the UK

4166D76B-A850-468F-9160-B9BEC47252CA (resized).jpeg4166D76B-A850-468F-9160-B9BEC47252CA (resized).jpeg83401F22-38CA-4B6C-8C60-195C68084CFB (resized).jpeg83401F22-38CA-4B6C-8C60-195C68084CFB (resized).jpeg
#4839 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

That is good to hear. My old one from you broke in a day. Pretty disappointing to say the least. I wish I knew the first one wasn’t pet-g before I purchased. I guess you should never assume. Good luck with the new version.

Why didn't you contact me? I would have issued a replacement. In a day? That thing must have gotten nailed pretty good. I only had to send a couple replacements from both batches of over 200.

#4840 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Why didn't you contact me? I would have issued a replacement. In a day? That thing must have gotten nailed pretty good. I only had to send a couple replacements from both batches of over 200.

I could still use a replacement too. When I contacted you you were out and you sent one for a different pin that had an extra hole. If you don’t mind.

#4841 4 years ago

Once they are made ill get one out. Hoping this new manufacturer is reasonable on price. I'm hoping there's still market.

#4842 4 years ago

Anybody know anything about this neon clock? Not sure if it’s a bootleg or rare clock. It has a 3/6 on the back, but that’s about it

4ADEDD84-240B-4EBE-A9E4-966DDD0E65AE (resized).png4ADEDD84-240B-4EBE-A9E4-966DDD0E65AE (resized).pngA0D2BB26-A1D6-4C65-A705-A835CD5C2A88 (resized).pngA0D2BB26-A1D6-4C65-A705-A835CD5C2A88 (resized).png
#4843 4 years ago

Left flipper just stopped working. Does not work in test either. Bad coil?

#4844 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Possible, but not likely. Check the fuses on your flipper board in the back box.

#4845 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Anybody know anything about this neon clock? Not sure if it’s a bootleg or rare clock. It has a 3/6 on the back, but that’s about it[quoted image][quoted image]

If I had to guess, based on no W logos or TM information, bootleg.

#4846 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Wire broke off one of the coil lugs? Recently had that happen on the ball launch coil of my IJ.

#4847 4 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

Wire broke off one of the coil lugs? Recently had that happen on the ball launch coil of my IJ.

That was it. Didn't have time in the morning to look it over. Love an easy fix.

#4848 4 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

FYI I'm selling some cool IJ blueprints on ebay if anyone is interested.
ebay.com link

An original pencil of the gun shooter end tomorrow.
ebay.com link: pinballvault

#4849 4 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

An original pencil of the gun shooter end tomorrow

#4850 4 years ago

I have one small thing on my machine that I still need to take care of. It has always been this way the 3 years i have owned her. I think i know the answer but wanted to throw out there before i do this....
When the Dogfight/Hurry Up is lit and i hit the center shot to complete it, it will only recognize the shot and give the bonus maybe 1/3-1/2 of the time. When it doesnt it puts the ball back out in the idol and the countdown for dogfight continues. But every time i otherwise hit center shot it will always register a locked ball. I think that I need to replace the Opto 45 (center enter). I tried cleaning them off awhile back but didnt seem to change anything. Thoughts? Thanx!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toppers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 63.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 1,419.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Wanted
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
25,000 (Firm)
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 232.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/97?hl=lostcause and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.