IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 234.
#4751 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Mmmh, an easy update is the BG20 from Visaton in combination with PinSound Reorchestration from Endprodukt.
I use this subwoofer in all my pinball machines!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Greet looking cabinet! However, is the cab floor and ring opening not 6-1/2" ? Does the surround make contact with the ring? Maybe it does not - can't see the cone geometry from the images. I assume it is an eight. Help me understand this solution better. thx

#4752 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Mmmh, an easy update is the BG20 from Visaton in combination with PinSound Reorchestration from Endprodukt.
I use this subwoofer in all my pinball machines!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The bg20 is a great speaker at a great price.

#4753 4 years ago

The adapter is made for the BG20 in a perfect way and the manufacturer can set the right diameter for each cabinet.

#4754 4 years ago

I think you guys would like our Pyle sub driver. It has superior construction (rubber surround, poly coated cone, dual voice coil, lower impedance / higher power rating) and can accommodate the PinWoofer dual-channel sub amp.

Our sub ring (WPC or universal) raises the driver off the deck and allows for free movement of the cone beyond the plane of the basket, unimpeded. We have amps, powered sub and backbox kits or go over the top with the 5-1/4" WPC super kit:

https://pinwoofer.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fpinwoofer-powered-super-kit

We design and cut our own cabinet and backbox rings. Pictured are the sub kit, WPC backbox adapters and some proto runs on the development router. (Get rid of that 3-1/2" speaker for good!) We have many more designs depending on the target (WPC/WPC95/Sega/DE/Stern/CGC, etc.). You guys should give PinWoofer a try. We have scores of kits in WPC and they really do take your pin to the next level.

If we don't already have it, we will make it! Just ask.

Thanks!

https://PinWoofer.com

20190118_175649 (resized).jpg20190118_175649 (resized).jpg20190829_202315 (resized).jpg20190829_202315 (resized).jpg20190823_184910 (resized).jpg20190823_184910 (resized).jpg
#4755 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

I think you guys would like our Pyle sub driver. It has superior construction (rubber surround, poly coated cone, dual voice coil, lower impedance / higher power rating) and can accommodate the PinWoofer dual-channel sub amp.
Our sub ring (WPC or universal) raises the driver off the deck and allows for free movement of the cone beyond the plane of the basket, unimpeded. We have amps, powered sub and backbox kits or go over the top with the 5-1/4" WPC super kit:
We design and cut our own cabinet and backbox rings. Pictured are the sub kit, WPC backbox adapters and some proto runs on the development router. (Get rid of that 3-1/2" speaker for good!) We have many more designs depending on the target (WPC/WPC95/Sega/DE/Stern/CGC, etc.). You guys should give PinWoofer a try. We have scores of kits in WPC and they really do take your pin to the next level.
Thanks!
https://PinWoofer.com[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. Do you sell the sub rings separate?

#4756 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Thanks!

Thats a nice looking set up!

#4757 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Nice. Do you sell the sub rings separate?

We can sell rings separately for now, provided we don't compete with our own kitting ability. However, please note that you get a price break on the rings when amplifiers and speakers or power cables are part of the package. The rings are an enabler to our kits, so the price of the rings drops significantly once more pinball audio gear is in play. In fact, we have been adding rings to sub amp orders for guys who have an aftermarket cab speaker upgrade, but now require stand off when amplification is added.

Our amps and amplified kits add something special and give your pin amazing presence (more so than just speaker upgrades), and they are turnkey with tech support should you require it. Anyone can tackle our install easily and without risk to your expensive sound board. Happy to work up something custom for you.

Thanks,

https://PinWoofer.com

#4758 4 years ago

For those that are using Pinsound, which Endprodukt mix is the best

IJ_Remastered_Endprodukt.zip

or

Indiana Jones - Reorchestrated

(Or some other unposted mix)

It appears Remastered is Movie/Sountrack Files vs Reorchestrated which appears to be a original WPC stereo redo with orchestration by Endprodukt himself.

What say you?

#4759 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

For those that are using Pinsound, which Endprodukt mix is the best
IJ_Remastered_Endprodukt.zip
or
Indiana Jones - Reorchestrated
(Or some other unposted mix)
It appears Remastered is Movie/Sountrack Files vs Reorchestrated which appears to be a original WPC stereo redo with orchestration by Endprodukt himself.
What say you?

Endprodukt by a mile !

#4760 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Endprodukt by a mile !

They are both Endprodukt - but I think I figured out the Reorchestrated is the best one. I have to say though, there is some stuff about it I really don’t like. I’m gonna dump the file and fix that

#4761 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

They are both Endprodukt - but I think I figured out the Reorchestrated is the best one. I have to say though, there is some stuff about it I really don’t like. I’m gonna dump the file and fix that

There are a couple of things that are a bit wonky... but its easy to just remove them as they are usually just redundant sounds...(meaning there are other clips to pick from). I left them in ... haven't gotten around to remove them. There are just so many clips that it seems that the ones that are are a little off don't hit all that often.

#4762 4 years ago

Clearcoat is done on digital print. Exchange is possible (swap your old pf to this new one)...

IMG_20190822_161307.jpgIMG_20190822_161307.jpgIMG_20190822_161313.jpgIMG_20190822_161313.jpgIMG_20190822_161340.jpgIMG_20190822_161340.jpgIMG_20190822_161345.jpgIMG_20190822_161345.jpgIMG_20190822_161410.jpgIMG_20190822_161410.jpgIMG_20190822_161420.jpgIMG_20190822_161420.jpg
#4763 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Clearcoat is done on digital print. Exchange is possible (swap your old pf to this new one)...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

W O W !!!!

#4764 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Clearcoat is done on digital print. Exchange is possible (swap your old pf to this new one)...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you selling these or is this for us to drool

#4765 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Are you selling these or is this for us to drool

Exchange is possible. If you have an old playfield, and looking for a fresh one, here is the chance.

#4766 4 years ago

So are you reusing the original playfield? Sanding and applying artwork with clear coat?

#4767 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

So are you reusing the original playfield? Sanding and applying artwork with clear coat?

I can't say yes - but you are right

#4768 4 years ago

Hey Everyone,
I have the final designs for the 'Macguffin' Bumper Caps. There are a few colour options and all details can be found on this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-pop-bumper-cap-ruins#post-5189003
I'm assembling the batch list now, so final call for any orders.
Thanks

IMG_2090 (resized).jpgIMG_2090 (resized).jpgIMG_2091 (resized).jpgIMG_2091 (resized).jpgIMG_2095 (resized).jpgIMG_2095 (resized).jpgIMG_2103 (resized).jpgIMG_2103 (resized).jpgIMG_2124 2 (resized).jpgIMG_2124 2 (resized).jpg
#4769 4 years ago

I'm thrilled to be joining the club in about a week! Shipping my Indy from west to Midwest, but Indy can handle the adventure. Ordered new blades, target decals and a few mods. Color DMD soon. I sold my Stern Indy to step up to this game...is it as good as people say? Can't wait to find out!

#4770 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Thanks!

great looking setup you have here!! i'm drooling all over the place just looking at these pics.

#4771 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I'm thrilled to be joining the club in about a week! Shipping my Indy from west to Midwest, but Indy can handle the adventure. Ordered new blades, target decals and a few mods. Color DMD soon. I sold my Stern Indy to step up to this game...is it as good as people say? Can't wait to find out!

It is. I’ve still yet to get the Wizard Mode. It’s a thick as it gets for 90s pins and tops most new pins out

It’s a difficult pin to get 100% working order but spend the time and get it there if it’s not when it arrives. It makes a world of a difference, especially have the flippers in perfect order cuz these ramps are do or die on this one

Welcome, good luck, and enjoy!

#4772 4 years ago

BTW, add a Pinsound to your list

#4773 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

BTW, add a Pinsound to your list

Thanks! Pinsound is for sure on the list for this one. I hear it makes a huge difference. Looking forward to getting this one here!

#4774 4 years ago

Hey guys! I have young kids so I had the extra ball score fixed for a while - to give them something to shoot for.
I recently changed the extra ball rules to "Factory." I feel like I have been playing for weeks and weeks and the extra ball score hasn't moved.

Is there something wonky about this? I set my "minimum" score at 99,000,000 and that is where the extra ball is staying, currently.
Wonky = I know you have to set one of the indicators to "Ticket" to make the machine "Knock" on the extra ball. Is this something similar?

#4775 4 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Hey guys! I have young kids so I had the extra ball score fixed for a while - to give them something to shoot for.
I recently changed the extra ball rules to "Factory." I feel like I have been playing for weeks and weeks and the extra ball score hasn't moved.
Is there something wonky about this? I set my "minimum" score at 99,000,000 and that is where the extra ball is staying, currently.
Wonky = I know you have to set one of the indicators to "Ticket" to make the machine "Knock" on the extra ball. Is this something similar?

I though if you set for ticket you get a ticket, if you have dispenser, and no extra ball.

#4776 4 years ago

Gents...just replaced driver board with new Rottendog, also 8 driver board. The 4 flashers on the backbox finally work but are constantly on as well as the POA ramp. I'm stumped so far. Left control gate is not working, need to check that also. But, now the knocker gets constant power and stays on, had to disconnect. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,

20190919_155407 (resized).jpg20190919_155407 (resized).jpg
#4777 4 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Gents...just replaced driver board with new Rottendog, also 8 driver board. The 4 flashers on the backbox finally work but are constantly on as well as the POA ramp. I'm stumped so far. Left control gate is not working, need to check that also. But, now the knocker gets constant power and stays on, had to disconnect. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Thanks,[quoted image]

Better verify your connectors, sounds like something is not plugged in right. Also, if the Rottendog has a specific dip switch setting for this pin, better verify that too

Safer to start with minimal connectors and readd them 1 at a time

#4778 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Better verify your connectors, sounds like something is not plugged in right. Also, if the Rottendog has a specific dip switch setting for this pin, better verify that too
Safer to start with minimal connectors and readd them 1 at a time

I have checked over all connections a few times, all connectors are keyed but followed all pictures that I took before making the change to make sure. Played many games with no issues other than the flashers lights and knocker. The power driver board does not have dip switches. My next thought was the ribbon cables, so considering replacing those next. Thanks for the response Wolf..

#4779 4 years ago

I certainly wouldn’t be playing it with those flashers locked on, hopefully you at least removed the bulbs.

If you’re only going by pix of what you started with, I’d refer to the manual. They may have been wrong before and that could have caused your initial board issues.

#4780 4 years ago

Yes, flashers are out, they will melt nearby plastics etc. The POA flasher worked for the first month and one day it just stayed on. Thanks

#4781 4 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Yes, flashers are out, they will melt nearby plastics etc. The POA flasher worked for the first month and one day it just stayed on. Thanks

Locked on coils or flashers sounds like a transistor on the driver board.

Possibly a coil diode caused the transistor failure?

#4782 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Locked on coils or flashers sounds like a transistor on the driver board.
Possibly a coil diode caused the transistor failure?

The knocker worked with the old board I just pulled, so I will test will the old board as part of the troubleshooting. Thanks,

#4783 4 years ago

Fitted an anti air ball plastic, no more balls flying about. Custom made in UK.

https://www.colspinballmods.com/

F7363644-F591-48DE-BC31-E16E993F7D15 (resized).jpegF7363644-F591-48DE-BC31-E16E993F7D15 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4784 4 years ago

Interesting yet disappointing IJ game factoid: When you play with the "frog bonus" option and you get to play the Minecart Mode twice in a game (i.e. you get all 12 modes and play wizard mode, then restart the modes), the bonus the first time is 20 million and the bonus the second time around........ 20 million. i dunno, guess i was just hoping for 40 mil or something.

#4785 4 years ago

Only 20 Million, every time.
It's possible to switch the Frog Mode On or Off into the game rom!
If switched On and you enter the mine the frog appears at the end, even if you failed.
If swithed Off the frog only appears if you ride the mine successful to the end.
Anyway you get 20 Millionen only, there's no count for double, tripple, etc.

#4786 4 years ago

What is frog mode?

#4788 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

If switched On and you enter the mine the frog appears at the end, even if you failed.
If swithed Off the frog only appears if you ride the mine successful to the end.

How do you turn it on and off?

#4789 4 years ago

You have to set a bit in the Game Rom code and reburn the Rom after correcting the Checksum.
Then each time you played the mine cart, this guy is dancing for you and you get 20 Million Bonus.
Last picture is black and white caused by an error from Color-DMD, the guys should have fixed that in the meantime?

DSCN4777 (resized).JPGDSCN4777 (resized).JPG
DSCN4778 (resized).JPGDSCN4778 (resized).JPGDSCN4780 (resized).JPGDSCN4780 (resized).JPG

#4790 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

What is frog mode?

In order to start the Frog Mode, you have to hold down both flippers while pressing start game. Then in Mine Cart hit the 4th barrier on the right

#4791 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

That is very interesting, was not aware of that! Thanx for sharing, gonna give it a try

#4792 4 years ago

Here's the HEX-Code where to set the bit to activate the Frog Mode.

5C6AF Change byte 0x1F to 0x0C - The frog now appears whenever a barrier in the mines has been breached.

#4793 4 years ago

That’s awesome. So it sounds like you can get it without hacking the rom tho if I understand correctly with the flipper trick right?

#4794 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

That’s awesome. So it sounds like you can get it without hacking the rom tho if I understand correctly with the flipper trick right?

Yes B/W programmers often had embedded "features" that could be enabled in various ways if you know how (similar to playing poker with Riker in STTNG). Changing the ROM sounds like it is permanently enabling the feature.

#4795 4 years ago

Ok, yeah I would rather keep it hidden, they way it was it was intended. Very cool find though

#4796 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, yeah I would rather keep it hidden, they way it was it was intended. Very cool find though

also, it is even more awesome with a color DMD!

#4797 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

To do it “right” is a massive job. I did a quick workaround and it looks amazing. Did the whole thing in a few hours on a couple different days. I would challenge anyone to tell the difference between my job and a fully restored cab. That being said, my cabinet wasn’t a wreck to begin with.
I patched some dings in the wood.
Took it outside and took the rails and hardware off the front (it was on a jack) and masked off the Playfield and backbox insides.
Painted the edges black with spray paint
Wait to dry.
Brought back in. Sitting on the ground with no legs, I set the head back and rolled the pin to one side. Support the Playfield (don’t remember what i used) and remove those bolts and apply side decal (wet method iirc)
Put bots back in that side. Roll to other side and repeat.
Put back up on a jack to do front decal
Head decals are simple. Pull out bolts one side at a time and apply.
I really left it mostly intact the whole time.
I’ll probably get some ire from perfectionists on here. I do have two tiny bubbles (2mm) but I don’t think that was prep related. That just was hard to prevent. I watched a few YouTube videos and one showing the final method I used (one-man job) I watched a few times.
Good luck. It was worth it. Indy is a forever pin for me.
It was relatively painless and I can’t believe I got it nearly perfect on my one and only try. That being said, I have another Ij with fade and I haven’t gotten the courage to try again.
Oh, while you’re at it, do yourself a favor and buy brass coated hardware and rails. I think it really makes it pop.

I may try mine as a winter project I thought you had to sand or paint cab black or old art could be seen through new decals.

#4798 4 years ago

Anyone have a link to a good video on applying cab decals?

#4799 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I may try mine as a winter project I thought you had to sand or paint cab black or old art could be seen through new decals.

Not in my case. I’d never heard that

#4800 4 years ago

Officially joined today! What a fantastic machine this is. I hope I can afford to keep it long term! I’m going to add color DMD, pinsound and black legs and powder coat. Cabinet looks perfect. Took me awhile to get one, but it’s finally here!

3AEC8BA3-3787-4F03-A4EE-5A774FC4E4C1 (resized).jpeg3AEC8BA3-3787-4F03-A4EE-5A774FC4E4C1 (resized).jpeg53A4A204-328D-46E2-B5D5-AA7C42AAC962 (resized).jpeg53A4A204-328D-46E2-B5D5-AA7C42AAC962 (resized).jpeg40CB038B-2C28-40D1-B42B-33F8E983F435 (resized).jpeg40CB038B-2C28-40D1-B42B-33F8E983F435 (resized).jpeg821AD53A-1D2B-4FB1-8EC6-3BD538802C40 (resized).jpeg821AD53A-1D2B-4FB1-8EC6-3BD538802C40 (resized).jpeg9930169A-8F2B-4C8F-9BEF-79EF26A4A991 (resized).jpeg9930169A-8F2B-4C8F-9BEF-79EF26A4A991 (resized).jpegCCCAA565-3D31-4435-A8E5-995C2FDEF470 (resized).jpegCCCAA565-3D31-4435-A8E5-995C2FDEF470 (resized).jpegE84F67CD-4DB5-49C8-9E0B-2070B4E339A1 (resized).jpegE84F67CD-4DB5-49C8-9E0B-2070B4E339A1 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

14,000 (OBO)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 1,419.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/96?hl=pindoctor82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.