IMG_2559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
There are 11,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 234.
#4701 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

IJ was my first pin purchase. Been loving it ever since 2005. My kids have grown up with it in the house since they were little.
Just finished installing the Pinwoofer sound system. Dan was great to work with and it sounds better than ever.
Color dmd, Lior mods going in this week.
Hoping for new pf and radcals soon.

I just discovered PinWoofer. Do tell. I have Pinsound and it works great. Does PinWoofer work in conjunction with Pinsound? Also, does PinWoofer come with the midrange backbox speakers? Or is it just the Sub Woofer in the Cabinet?

Post a video?

#4702 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I just discovered PinWoofer. Do tell. I have Pinsound and it works great. Does PinWoofer work in conjunction with Pinsound? Also, does PinWoofer come with the midrange backbox speakers? Or is it just the Sub Woofer in the Cabinet?
Post a video?

Greetings. Recommend going with the dual amp super kit that includes the 8" dual-voice coil subwoofer driver and turnkey backbox solution for 5-1/4" backbox speakers. All hardware and connectors included. Our WPC setup is amazing.

Thanks
https://pinwoofer.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fpinwoofer-powered-super-kit -> select "Bally Williams WPC" under "PLATFORM AND DUAL AMP POWER HARNESS"

20190118_175649 (resized).jpg20190118_175649 (resized).jpgT2_Backbox_10 (resized).jpgT2_Backbox_10 (resized).jpg
#4703 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Greetings. Recommend going with the dual amp super kit that includes the 8" dual-voice coil subwoofer driver and turnkey backbox solution for 5-1/4" backbox speakers. All hardware and connectors included. Our WPC setup is amazing.
Thanks
https://pinwoofer.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fpinwoofer-powered-super-kit -> select "Bally Williams WPC" under "PLATFORM AND DUAL AMP POWER HARNESS"[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Thanks for the info. PinWoofer Does it work with PinSound?

#4704 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Awesome! Thanks for the info. pinwoofer Does it work with PinSound?

Yes, 100% compatible. In fact, that is the optimum combination for this title bar none. It's like having a 2.1 home theater in your pin. @paynemic and @underlord are two active PinSider's that can provide feedback specific to that combination. You'll never look back.

#4705 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Yes, 100% compatible. In fact, that is the optimum combination for this title bar none. It's like having a 2.1 home theater in your pin. @paynemic and @underlord are two active PinSider's that can provide feedback specific to that combination. You'll never look back.

The Pinsound board plus Pinsound 2.1 speaker set is already shaking the house and sounds crystal clear. What's the benefit in this case?

#4706 4 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

The Pinsound board plus Pinsound 2.1 speaker set is already shaking the house and sounds crystal clear. What's the benefit in this case?

In this case (the last few examples above), guys who already have an aftermarket sound board are going with PinWoofer rather than spending on the same speaker only upgrades. They are pursuing an outstanding pinball audio experience.

Many don't have a sound card upgrade, so the PinWoofer kit takes the stock DCS sound in a pin such as INDY to the next level (key point - any pin is compatible). It is a huge improvement to stock sound for those that don't want to top out at a $500, $750 or greater price point. You can get there with PinWoofer for a fraction.

Beyond that, the PinWoofer super kit has excellent speakers and two amplifiers, albeit for more than speakers alone, but we feel it is well worth the extra money. You'll get greater power output, no audible low voltage droop sensitivity (i.e. no voltage faults resulting in cut-out during high intensity hits) and immunity to aged driver board supplies. Plus you get end to end technical support and fully documented instructions with photographs.

There are as many combinations as opinions, and if guys are satisfied with their setup so am I. Just sharing my opinion.

Thanks for the question!

#4707 4 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Yes, he finally did put up the pics of the play-field crack / damage. He said he would drop the price 100.00 per week until it's sold...

I took the bullet for you on this one. I picked up this IJ a few weeks back and the cab nearly fell apart on me when i got the legs off and slid it into the bed of my truck. Looks like ill be paying CosmoKramer a visit before too long. The guy played dumb about the cracks in the playfield. I swapped out the coin door, replaced a couple optos and it plays fine now. My only other option was a $7800 faded beauty locally so i figured ill just get this one and wait out a repro PF.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4708 4 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

I took the bullet for you on this one. I picked up this IJ a few weeks back and the cab nearly fell apart on me when i got the legs off and slid it into the bed of my truck. Looks like ill be paying CosmoKramer a visit before too long. The guy played dumb about the cracks in the playfield. I swapped out the coin door, replaced a couple optos and it plays fine now. My only other option was a $7800 faded beauty locally so i figured ill just get this one and wait out a repro PF.[quoted image]

I have no idea why the white zombie album cover loaded itself into my post.....

#4709 4 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

I have no idea why the white zombie album cover loaded itself into my post.....

Happy accident!

Congrats on the IJ, how low did he end up going on it? Sounds like a great opportunity to do a Disneyland cab for it.

#4710 4 years ago

IJ club ? I have an Indy and thinking of doing pinsound and a Shaker but was told original software supports this ?
And I’d so where do I purchase this I’ve never seen it ? Was ready to try pinsound shaker etc

Any suggestions I would love to hear them

Thanks !!!

#4711 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

IJ club ? I have an Indy and thinking of doing pinsound and a Shaker but was told original software supports this ?
And I’d so where do I purchase this I’ve never seen it ? Was ready to try pinsound shaker etc
Any suggestions I would love to hear them
Thanks !!!

Pinsound for Indy is one of the single best upgrades you can do IMHO... but you will need the Endprodukt mix to really get the most from it, search the pinsound thread and forums for this info. Their shaker isn't yet available. I've pre-ordered one myself... can't wait for it!

#4712 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Verified. I have a few great pins (IMO) but the best sound of them all is Indy with pinsound, endprodukt mix and PinWoofer. Hands down. Immersive experience.

#4713 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Pinsound for Indy is one of the single best upgrades you can do IMHO... but you will need the Endprodukt mix to really get the most from it, search the pinsound thread and forums for this info. Their shaker isn't yet available. I've pre-ordered one myself... can't wait for it!

Another pinsider has the file that says
It’s crazy ! But can’t be advertised

#4714 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Happy accident!
Congrats on the IJ, how low did he end up going on it? Sounds like a great opportunity to do a Disneyland cab for it.

Well now that you mention it, I read that the Disneyland IJ might be back by the end of the year. If i can get some good pics I’ll probably go for it. I’ve been wanting to do it for years and this seems like the perfect opportunity.
The guy was at 58 and I offered 56 and he said we were good to go, then he texts me an hour later and said someone put a deposit on it and that it was all but sold. I put it out of my mind and told myself it just wasn’t meant to be because it was a piece. Then 2 days later he said the buyer fell through and didn’t have the money, so I told him I would be up there In the next few days to pick it up. I sent all the pictures to my friend Adam and he pretty much spotted all of the rough spots on the playfield. Nothing could prepare me for what I saw. Either the seller was a total cheat bastard or he was a moron. He neglected to mention that there was a line of finishing nails going down the right side of the cabinet. Everything in the cabinet looked like it smoked a pack a day for about 25 years and I saw a soot outline of a jackpot board on the back of the speaker panel but the board was no where to be found. So I hit him for another 100 and paid up. All of the leg bolts had lock washers on the back of them which made loading the game up super easy. So this is my third and final time in the IJ club I will be bolting this one to the ground.

#4716 4 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

I took the bullet for you on this one. I picked up this IJ a few weeks back and the cab nearly fell apart on me when i got the legs off and slid it into the bed of my truck. Looks like ill be paying CosmoKramer a visit before too long. The guy played dumb about the cracks in the playfield. I swapped out the coin door, replaced a couple optos and it plays fine now. My only other option was a $7800 faded beauty locally so i figured ill just get this one and wait out a repro PF.[quoted image]

Well, yes you did, and I almost feel like I owe you something. Yes, he played dumb and lied, I have no doubt about it. I never looked inside the cabinet and wondered later what it really looked like....After walking away with a gut that feeling, finding issues and yet he acted like he never knew I just thought there is most likely more. Picked my IJ late July from a guy on pinside at CAX for $6500. Overall in good shape, had mini playfield issue and some plastic cracked and about 50 light bulbs out, maybe more. Really dirty, so my first shop job and repairs etc, been a ton of fun. My wife and I repaired the planes, repainted and detailed. Put black elevator bolts on front to hide holes from security bar. Will change decals in a year or so. Old pics first..

IMG_6560 (resized).jpegIMG_6560 (resized).jpegIMG_6557 (resized).jpegIMG_6557 (resized).jpegIMG_6538 (resized).jpegIMG_6538 (resized).jpegIMG_6531 (resized).jpegIMG_6531 (resized).jpegIMG_6530 (resized).jpegIMG_6530 (resized).jpeg20190905_155024 (resized).jpg20190905_155024 (resized).jpg20190905_155032 (resized).jpg20190905_155032 (resized).jpg20190905_155054 (resized).jpg20190905_155054 (resized).jpg20190905_155136 (resized).jpg20190905_155136 (resized).jpg20190905_155151 (resized).jpg20190905_155151 (resized).jpg20190905_155311 (resized).jpg20190905_155311 (resized).jpg
#4717 4 years ago
Quoted from stricht:

Before and after[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. I have the artwork but I am afraid to try it

#4718 4 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Well, yes you did, and I almost feel like I owe you something. Yes, he played dumb and lied, I have no doubt about it. I never looked inside the cabinet and wondered later what it really looked like....After walking away with a gut that feeling, finding issues and yet he acted like he never knew I just thought there is most likely more. Picked my IJ late July from a guy on pinside at CAX for $6500. Overall in good shape, had mini playfield issue and some plastic cracked and about 50 light bulbs out, maybe more. Really dirty, so my first shop job and repairs etc, been a ton of fun. My wife and I repaired the planes, repainted and detailed. Put black elevator bolts on front to hide holes from security bar. Will change decals in a year or so. Old pics first..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool you and your wife both were part of it. You don’t play the cabinet so take your time with decals. It’s a ton of work.

#4719 4 years ago

Just put lior’s mods on mine. Awww yeah.

And on the pinwoofer, follow Dan’s advice. He will hook you up solid.

4A79B56E-146D-419C-A89B-2B9C545128AC (resized).jpeg4A79B56E-146D-419C-A89B-2B9C545128AC (resized).jpeg5462BE3C-DC99-4D63-BCF3-35F27B0AE2E3 (resized).jpeg5462BE3C-DC99-4D63-BCF3-35F27B0AE2E3 (resized).jpeg5648FD30-9554-43DC-8CF9-EFF77C31292D (resized).jpeg5648FD30-9554-43DC-8CF9-EFF77C31292D (resized).jpeg63C411BE-F5B7-41BE-86CD-011C53CC5FBF (resized).jpeg63C411BE-F5B7-41BE-86CD-011C53CC5FBF (resized).jpeg9D01D214-B531-4D48-BA09-CF1D09C33CCF (resized).jpeg9D01D214-B531-4D48-BA09-CF1D09C33CCF (resized).jpegE4CBEAF2-0029-4968-BF38-AFD1C5EB33C2 (resized).jpegE4CBEAF2-0029-4968-BF38-AFD1C5EB33C2 (resized).jpeg
#4720 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just put lior’s mods on mine. Awww yeah.
And on the pinwoofer, follow Dan’s advice. He will hook you up solid.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So happy to see it! Thank you very much its looks fantastic

#4721 4 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Well, yes you did, and I almost feel like I owe you something. Yes, he played dumb and lied, I have no doubt about it. I never looked inside the cabinet and wondered later what it really looked like....After walking away with a gut that feeling, finding issues and yet he acted like he never knew I just thought there is most likely more. Picked my IJ late July from a guy on pinside at CAX for $6500. Overall in good shape, had mini playfield issue and some plastic cracked and about 50 light bulbs out, maybe more. Really dirty, so my first shop job and repairs etc, been a ton of fun. My wife and I repaired the planes, repainted and detailed. Put black elevator bolts on front to hide holes from security bar. Will change decals in a year or so. Old pics first..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Obviously we have something in common

20190802_113017 (resized).jpg20190802_113017 (resized).jpg
#4722 4 years ago

Playfield is on its way from captainneo ! Gonna have plenty to do real soon (actually more like a busy winter... gonna wait for the clear to harden nicely !!!)

#4723 4 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

Obviously we have something in common [quoted image]

Nice line up...since the bedroom can only fit 3 I'm focusing on modding and any small repairs. Added a pinsound board 2 weeks ago and down below I have a Polk sub-woofer, it's awesome sounding. However, will be changing out the power driver board (many burn marks on backside and jumper wires, a couple flashers are not working) in a few months and adding color DMD, not sure if it's going to be LED or LCD yet.

#4724 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Very cool you and your wife both were part of it. You don’t play the cabinet so take your time with decals. It’s a ton of work.

Yes, once we were done (for now) she was like "when are we getting the next pin to shop / restore". Yup, she's a keeper for sure!!

#4725 4 years ago
Quoted from stricht:

Before and after[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, but now you need to turn in your membership to the #FadeClub

#4726 4 years ago

im an entrenched member of the fade club (for now) im also a member of the my indy keeps shooting balls into play, continuously over and over. and the my mini playfield isnt working. any known common issues for these problems?

Indy8 (resized).jpgIndy8 (resized).jpg
#4727 4 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

im an entrenched member of the fade club (for now) im also a member of the my indy keeps shooting balls into play, continuously over and over. and the my mini playfield isnt working. any known common issues for these problems?[quoted image]

Originally, my mini playfield would not work. Checked / pulled the 12v motor out and it worked. Cleaned the small motor opto board under the mini playfield and re-flowed and it started to work but stuttered moving left badly. I believe it was the motor opto board but I changed the motor assembly since the gear on the end of the shaft was in bad shape and opto motor board since I'm planning on doing a slow restore. Of course it works perfect now.

https://www.thepinballwizard.net/circuit-boards-and-assemblies/williams-indiana-jones-path-of-adventure-dual-opto-board-a-16657/

#4728 4 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

im an entrenched member of the fade club (for now) im also a member of the my indy keeps shooting balls into play, continuously over and over. and the my mini playfield isnt working. any known common issues for these problems?[quoted image]

Ball trough optos are known to have issues, causing multiple balls to release. I installed new trough boards on mine.

C66E264F-487F-4685-A3C9-C4833D5D5E81 (resized).jpegC66E264F-487F-4685-A3C9-C4833D5D5E81 (resized).jpeg
#4729 4 years ago

I have a sound issue with the “extra ball” callout. When earning an extra ball after using the super ball button there is no sound. The animation will come up and be completely silent. So to be clear I’ll use the original 3 balls, use up the superball (4th ball) and if I’ve collected a 5th ball this will happen. Anyone else have this?

#4730 4 years ago

does anyone have a list of LEDS theyve installed on their Indy?

#4731 4 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

Quoted from underlord:

Ball trough optos are known to have issues, causing multiple balls to release. I installed new trough boards on mine.[quoted image]

Agree. And make sure the connectors are seated on the boards, or change the connectors. The one on the front most board could have been jostled loose or bumped.

#4732 4 years ago

My IJ did the ball thing and fortunately it was just a loose plug on the trough.

#4733 4 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

does anyone have a list of LEDS theyve installed on their Indy?

All sunlight 2smd frosted.

Ends up looking very much like bright crisp #44 bulbs.

5smd towers for flashers.

Color flooding looks odd to me.

#4734 4 years ago

Ok, finally got my IJ speaker panel replicated (keeping the original fully intact). Includes Rockford Fosgate speakers, ColorDMD, and Jackpot lightboard. It’s Purdy

CE8B145A-C5EB-4397-A5C1-8DEA6405F157 (resized).jpegCE8B145A-C5EB-4397-A5C1-8DEA6405F157 (resized).jpeg
#4735 4 years ago
Quoted from Beaumistim:

#FadeClub

EE78B141-FB4E-4348-8C86-06F8B3C7BD2D (resized).jpegEE78B141-FB4E-4348-8C86-06F8B3C7BD2D (resized).jpeg
#4736 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, finally got my IJ speaker panel replicated (keeping the original fully intact). Includes Rockford Fosgate speakers, ColorDMD, and Jackpot lightboard. It’s Purdy[quoted image]

Looks good dude. Where did you score the speaker panel?

#4737 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Looks good dude. Where did you score the speaker panel?

There is a guy selling just the internal board with jackpot. It doesn’t include front cover, speaker grills, hardware, etc. But that’s a good start.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/62016

You’ll find all the parts fairly easily except the speaker grills

#4738 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

There is a guy selling just the internal board with jackpot. It doesn’t include front cover, speaker grills, hardware, etc. But that’s a good start.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/62016
You’ll find all the parts fairly easily except the speaker grills

Nice, thanks.

#4739 4 years ago

Playfield back from CaptainNeo ... and it’s SPECTACULAR !!!!
512EA206-8711-46BE-9372-3FA35E77CD70 (resized).jpeg512EA206-8711-46BE-9372-3FA35E77CD70 (resized).jpeg

#4740 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Playfield back from captainneo ... it’s SPECTACULAR !!!![quoted image]

Yummy.

#4741 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Playfield back from captainneo ... and it’s SPECTACULAR !!!!
[quoted image]

Nice! Did you do level 1,2, or 3?

#4742 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Nice! Did you do level 1,2, or 3?

3 !!!! It’s beautiful . Sent it out last October... totally worth the wait!

#4743 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Playfield back from captainneo ... and it’s SPECTACULAR !!!!
[quoted image]

Wow. How’d the shooter lane come out?

#4744 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Wow. How’d the shooter lane come out?

1C8BCD2B-B5D9-46C8-B32B-D8AEADD9C65D (resized).jpeg1C8BCD2B-B5D9-46C8-B32B-D8AEADD9C65D (resized).jpeg
#4745 4 years ago

Decided to take Dr. Jones to 11 with a Rockford Fosgate upgrade

ACAB8780-B3F9-4710-AAE5-3C11FCC2537B (resized).jpegACAB8780-B3F9-4710-AAE5-3C11FCC2537B (resized).jpeg89A81BD3-40D6-493F-80BB-EB62277F4153 (resized).jpeg89A81BD3-40D6-493F-80BB-EB62277F4153 (resized).jpeg
#4746 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Decided to take Dr. Jones to 11 with a Rockford Fosgate upgrade[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice choice!

#4747 4 years ago

Awesome upgrade dude! Do you need to run an extra amp for that driver??

That reminds me I need to order more of my cheap ass but better than stock anyways cab speakers.

#4748 4 years ago

The easy solution - with an interposer ring so the cone doesn't contact and wear against the cab:

https://pinwoofer.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fxn-pinwoofer-8-powered-subwoofer-kit-dw8t

Kit installs in less than an hour and works the first time. Everything you'll need including fasteners, connectors and tape for the playfield glass. Turnkey with 12V power cable. You'll be up and running fast and not the day spent in frustration.

Check up on us - search "PinWoofer" in the forums.

Happy trails

#4749 4 years ago

Mmmh, an easy update is the BG20 from Visaton in combination with PinSound Reorchestration from Endprodukt.
I use this subwoofer in all my pinball machines!

DSCN2637 (resized).JPGDSCN2637 (resized).JPG

DSCN2729 (resized).JPGDSCN2729 (resized).JPG

DSCN2919 (resized).JPGDSCN2919 (resized).JPG

#4750 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Mmmh, an easy update is the BG20 from Visaton in combination with PinSound Reorchestration from Endprodukt.
I use this subwoofer in all my pinball machines!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

No brainer......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,000 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,419.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
12,500 (OBO)
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
There are 11,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/95?hl=only68s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.