IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
20240331_183927 (resized).jpg
20240331_184141 (resized).jpg
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 234.
#4651 4 years ago

Just need the ColorDmd, Speakers & Wiring and this puppy is good to go

F7D3BF5B-BBC8-4350-B998-2755C88BFB8D (resized).jpegF7D3BF5B-BBC8-4350-B998-2755C88BFB8D (resized).jpegB5C3A094-4679-4B02-B285-4D79FACD22BB (resized).jpegB5C3A094-4679-4B02-B285-4D79FACD22BB (resized).jpeg1E11BACC-5061-4CA7-8F74-4A09A5477293 (resized).jpeg1E11BACC-5061-4CA7-8F74-4A09A5477293 (resized).jpeg3259F6B1-40D9-44D2-B57B-E8A9B54ED05B (resized).jpeg3259F6B1-40D9-44D2-B57B-E8A9B54ED05B (resized).jpeg
#4652 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Reseated every ribbon cable and plug.
Dumb question...how do I check the 5v on this game?

You need a multimeter and it can be probed on the CPU board or power driver board. Get your schematics out

#4653 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Do these go anywhere? Didn't see a spot for them.[quoted image][quoted image]

Just unplug the power board side too and let them hang. I wouldn’t remove them in case you ever go back to a normal DMD.

#4654 4 years ago

Like that's going to happen lol.

Once you go color...

#4655 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Once you go color...

I left mine in case I ever sold it. I'd probably keep the colorDMD. :^)

#4656 4 years ago

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BMNDPHG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

Just picked up one of these. Nice quality. Not too expensive. Might make a good topper

#4657 4 years ago

Once you go color...

It’s all situational of course, you don’t remove a CDMD because it isn’t better! You could sell the game and keep the CDMD or if you’re like me you keep moving them to new games.

The CDMD in my IJ for example started off in my Judge Dredd. The one in my TZ has been in TZ, CFTBL, Getaway, Shadow and back to TZ. The one in TOM started out in WCS and the one going in my DW started off in my buddies DW (which is convenient cause I don’t need to update the software!)

#4659 4 years ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

Don't forget to get one of these as well:
amazon.com link »
Permanent eternal life

Oh yeah!

#4660 4 years ago

I have an issue with Path of Adventure flashlamp. It suddenly stays on permanently and only goes of by turning off the game. Connector j126 blue / green wire. If the 2N5401 transistor is shorting, would this be the cause? If so, where is it on the power driver board?

#4661 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Joined yesterday.
Didn't get it setup until late, so I haven't properly leveled it.
Question:
1 After the post drops for the ball to go into the POA, it wasn't dropping in but going past the POA and into the left lane. Is that a level and or pitch adjustment issue?
2 Are the Lites Hand of Fate inserts on the inlanes always lit?
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

1) level/check switch roll-over
2) yes

3) looks like you have a different ruins plastic set, looks nice

#4662 4 years ago

... just got my IJ playfield restoration approval pics from CaptainNeo

HOLY $H1T!!!! It looks AWESOME!!!! So pleased and so very excited to get this re-build going! Going to be perfect timing... a great fall/winter project!

#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

... just got my IJ playfield restoration approval pics from captainneo
HOLY $H1T!!!! It looks AWESOME!!!! So pleased and so very excited to get this re-build going! Going to be perfect timing... a great fall/winter project!

Awesome - Please post your progress! I have a Kruzman play field which I'm trying to find time to swap over. I kind of want to hit it in one go rather than small evenings here and there. Time is always the issue!

#4664 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Awesome - Please post your progress! I have a Kruzman play field which I'm trying to find time to swap over. I kind of want to hit it in one go rather than small evenings here and there. Time is always the issue!

Cool! Yeah he had one available last year ... I almost pulled the trigger but the timing just didn’t work for me. I’m also working on an RFM restore. These two projects were supposed to be separated in time... but it’s looking like they will be overlapping!!! So they will be pecked at in increments.

#4665 4 years ago

Good luck guys. I’ve only thought about swapping out a restored playfield and especially with this game it’s gonna take a bit of time. But will be worth it in the end when that ball rolls flawlessly over the inserts without hopping

#4666 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Good luck guys. I’ve only thought about swapping out a restored playfield and especially with this game it’s gonna take a bit of time. But will be worth it in the end when that ball rolls flawlessly over the inserts without hopping

Thanks ... yeah my machine has been in boxes and bins for almost 10 months now.... yeah there's a little stress there

#4667 4 years ago

My POA post isn't dropping when the ball is up there. What should i look for?

#4668 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

1. Check for mechanical linkage... my solenoid assembly had loosened over time and the post wasn't working the way it should.
2. Check coil, go into test mode and see if the coil is activating.
3. Dig in and check from the coil back to the driver board (diode, connections, transistor).

#4669 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Also make sure you can manually sink it. If the bridge ramp isn't installed correctly or you installed the hidden back plastic, the shaft can get lodged and not move. It should move cleanly down and up

#4670 4 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

she will be back soon with few new surprises
maybe before Christmas

I hope so! I haven't seen it in years....

#4671 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

1. Check for mechanical linkage... my solenoid assembly had loosened over time and the post wasn't working the way it should.
2. Check coil, go into test mode and see if the coil is activating.
3. Dig in and check from the coil back to the driver board (diode, connections, transistor).

Moves freely but doesn't work in test. Must be stuck. Smells like it's burning and is hot

#4672 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Loosen the coil bracket.
There is a little wiggle room built in to get it to move freely.

Also check if the rope bridge is loose and hanging down binding the post.

#4673 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Sorry...I didn't answer your question. The coil test is fine (it moves up and down) when the post isn't "stuck" in the down position. When it is stuck and I perform the test, it fails to raise the post into the up position.

Wow!!! What was the resolution, here?

#4674 4 years ago

Is there still a need for airball stopper mod? I know someone improved my design and incorporated the plastic with graphics into the mod. His looked better than mine but I don't know if he's still making. I was maybe thinking of making a run again if no one is making.

#4675 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Is there still a need for airball stopper mod? I know someone improved my design and incorporated the plastic with graphics into the mod. His looked better than mine but I don't know if he's still making. I was maybe thinking of making a run again if no one is making.

I’d be interested.

#4676 4 years ago

I got some brand spankin new decals to place on side of IJ machine, but it looks like there are tons of obstructions in the way, including at least 8 nail ends on the top side of the machine. What's the best way to place a new decal on an older machine as such? Any video tutorials out there? Thanks in advance!

#4677 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I got some brand spankin new decals to place on side of IJ machine, but it looks like there are tons of obstructions in the way, including at least 8 nail ends on the top side of the machine. What's the best way to place a new decal on an older machine as such? Any video tutorials out there? Thanks in advance!

Pull the playfield and siderails.

Refinish the cabinet completely.

Any defect shows if not sanded really flat.

Decal glue only sticks to smooth primered or painted surfaces.

#4678 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Strip it, repair and seal/paint... it’s a big job to do it right. Nothing prevents you from just sticking it on top of the old artwork... but that’s not the best way to do it... and they likely won’t adhere well. You’re gonna need to remove all the cabinet bolts ... no way around that step.

#4679 4 years ago

Pull the playfield.
Refinish the cabinet completely.
Any defect shows if not sanded really flat.
Decal glue only sticks to smooth primered or painted surfaces.

So you can't place the decals over the original decals?

Sounds like a massive job.

#4680 4 years ago

#4681 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

To do it right, it's not hard just time consuming.

20190711_091506 (resized).jpg20190711_091506 (resized).jpg20190724_191345 (resized).jpg20190724_191345 (resized).jpg20190724_191356 (resized).jpg20190724_191356 (resized).jpg20190727_231508 (resized).jpg20190727_231508 (resized).jpg20190727_231525 (resized).jpg20190727_231525 (resized).jpg
#4682 4 years ago

The hardest part is the backbox silkscreen.

You can mask off around it though if you have to.

I just silkscreen them.

#4683 4 years ago

To do it right, it's not hard just time consuming.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, great job! Unfortunately I'm not a handy person by nature, so I'll have to see if someone can do this for me, thanks for all your advice! I was hoping I can remove some bolts from the inside and just stick the decals over the originals...

#4684 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Wow, great job! Unfortunately I'm not a handy person by nature, so I'll have to see if someone can do this for me, thanks for all your advice! I was hoping I can remove some bolts from the inside and just stick the decals over the originals...

Send the decals to Paul at virtuapin

https://virtuapin.net/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwwIPrBRCJARIsAFlVT8-wHwYbZ7aVt4TzoFvhNbQ1FAK6L1uw__1jEbwmQMWZi8Gvuo2h2CUaAlF-EALw_wcB

Buy a ready to go cabinet.
Pop in the playfield, done.

#4685 4 years ago

Can't afford all that. I already paid a TON for my IJ...

#4686 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Un fortunately the cabinet is always cracked, loose and out of square after 25 years.

Needs to be replaced or rebuilt.

It's just way cheaper to rebuild them if they aren't too far gone.

#4687 4 years ago

You can completely rebuild a cabinet for $200-$400

Might have to develop some skills, but it's really not hard at sll.

#4688 4 years ago

IJ is an investment. Don’t worry about how much it costs, this machine is one of the highest valued machines and you will get it all back when it comes time to sell. I’m never selling mine (unless a perfect one falls in my lap), so I’m doing everything eventually Until it’s brand new. For now tho, I’m down with the #FadeGang as my playfield is all that matters at the moment

#4689 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

To do it “right” is a massive job. I did a quick workaround and it looks amazing. Did the whole thing in a few hours on a couple different days. I would challenge anyone to tell the difference between my job and a fully restored cab. That being said, my cabinet wasn’t a wreck to begin with.

I patched some dings in the wood.

Took it outside and took the rails and hardware off the front (it was on a jack) and masked off the Playfield and backbox insides.

Painted the edges black with spray paint

Wait to dry.

Brought back in. Sitting on the ground with no legs, I set the head back and rolled the pin to one side. Support the Playfield (don’t remember what i used) and remove those bolts and apply side decal (wet method iirc)

Put bots back in that side. Roll to other side and repeat.

Put back up on a jack to do front decal

Head decals are simple. Pull out bolts one side at a time and apply.

I really left it mostly intact the whole time.

I’ll probably get some ire from perfectionists on here. I do have two tiny bubbles (2mm) but I don’t think that was prep related. That just was hard to prevent. I watched a few YouTube videos and one showing the final method I used (one-man job) I watched a few times.

Good luck. It was worth it. Indy is a forever pin for me.

It was relatively painless and I can’t believe I got it nearly perfect on my one and only try. That being said, I have another Ij with fade and I haven’t gotten the courage to try again.

Oh, while you’re at it, do yourself a favor and buy brass coated hardware and rails. I think it really makes it pop.

#4690 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

To do it “right” is a massive job. I did a quick workaround and it looks amazing. Did the whole thing in a few hours on a couple different days. I would challenge anyone to tell the difference between my job and a fully restored cab. That being said, my cabinet wasn’t a wreck to begin with.
I patched some dings in the wood.
Took it outside and took the rails and hardware off the front (it was on a jack) and masked off the Playfield and backbox insides.
Painted the edges black with spray paint
Wait to dry.
Brought back in. Sitting on the ground with no legs, I set the head back and rolled the pin to one side. Support the Playfield (don’t remember what i used) and remove those bolts and apply side decal (wet method iirc)
Put bots back in that side. Roll to other side and repeat.
Put back up on a jack to do front decal
Head decals are simple. Pull out bolts one side at a time and apply.
I really left it mostly intact the whole time.
I’ll probably get some ire from perfectionists on here. I do have two tiny bubbles (2mm) but I don’t think that was prep related. That just was hard to prevent. I watched a few YouTube videos and one showing the final method I used (one-man job) I watched a few times.
Good luck. It was worth it. Indy is a forever pin for me.
It was relatively painless and I can’t believe I got it nearly perfect on my one and only try. That being said, I have another Ij with fade and I haven’t gotten the courage to try again.
Oh, while you’re at it, do yourself a favor and buy brass coated hardware and rails. I think it really makes it pop.

I've seen this pin in person, and it does really look great. I've thought about doing this myself, but I'm holding out in hopes that radcals come out for this title.

#4691 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I've seen this pin in person, and it does really look great. I've thought about doing this myself, but I'm holding out in hopes that radcals come out for this title.

Are radcals better? If so why?

#4692 4 years ago

They look like the decals have been clear coated and they're pretty simple to install.

#4693 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

They look like the decals have been clear coated and they're pretty simple to install.

Ok, well one day I’ll probably end up doing that. But I’m fine for a couple years

#4694 4 years ago

Also excited about radcals for IJ #2.

#4695 4 years ago

In case somebody doesn’t want to go through the efforts of pulling your PF, etc to put the decals on, I saw this IJ cab in what appears to be decent condition (I see minor issues through the plastic)

ebay.com link: 0

#4696 4 years ago

IJ was my first pin purchase. Been loving it ever since 2005. My kids have grown up with it in the house since they were little.

Just finished installing the Pinwoofer sound system. Dan was great to work with and it sounds better than ever.

Color dmd, Lior mods going in this week.

Hoping for new pf and radcals soon.

#4697 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

IJ was my first pin purchase. Been loving it ever since 2005. My kids have grown up with it in the house since they were little.
Just finished installing the Pinwoofer sound system. Dan was great to work with and it sounds better than ever.
Color dmd, Lior mods going in this week.
Hoping for new pf and radcals soon.

Couldn’t agree more about PinWoofer. You’re going to love the color DMD. I’m begging for radcals soon!

#4698 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Hoping for new pf

Me too. But it may well be that Mirco is blowing smoke.

My info has it that Lucas wont budge on the rights/license.

I hope I'm wrong.

#4699 4 years ago

Me too. But it may well be that Mirco is blowing smoke.
My info has it that Lucas wont budge on the rights/license.
I hope I'm wrong.

It’s out of Lucas’s hands, Indy belongs to Disney now.

#4700 4 years ago

Before and after

9E5B854F-322D-447A-B02A-EA13D6D7ACC2 (resized).jpeg9E5B854F-322D-447A-B02A-EA13D6D7ACC2 (resized).jpegCC9A97D9-07E1-408C-9BEA-66D8EC11A86D (resized).jpegCC9A97D9-07E1-408C-9BEA-66D8EC11A86D (resized).jpegF0AC8DF0-6648-471F-88CD-6CA063E6E026 (resized).jpegF0AC8DF0-6648-471F-88CD-6CA063E6E026 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Wanted
12,500 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,419.00
$ 85.00
There are 11,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.