IMG_0381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7323 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240316_125513 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125552 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125754 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125644 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240316_125843 (resized).jpg
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 235.
#4601 4 years ago

Pic of power box is an Addams. Dont let that throw you off. Same box different layout for indy.

#4602 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Inside this box are the 2 things almost no one replaces or checks first. All power to boards comes from here. Poor ignored power box on so many restorations ive seen. Start fresh with a new Varistor and Thermistor. both available on most pin parts sites. Marco's etc..
Replace these 2 components, most all are original and worn and old and are failing. This can cause issues for the 12v/optos and displays.[quoted image]

Great, added those my cart from pinball life...

#4603 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Great, added those my cart from pinball life...

The new ones look a little different. MOV, metal oxide varistor is covered in black rubber now. Thermistor also new design

#4604 4 years ago

Ordered the MOV, Thermistor, and a BR and Cap just incase.. rather have the parts on-hand once i start working through them.

Thanks for the help, will update once i get the parts and test and/or figure it out

#4605 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Ordered the MOV, Thermistor, and a BR and Cap just incase.. rather have the parts on-hand once i start working through them.
Thanks for the help, will update once i get the parts and test and/or figure it out

Well crap, i decided i should probably check the AC voltage coming in to J112 as well, turns out there isn't any AC voltage coming in when the issue is happening.

#4606 4 years ago

Does anybody know where to get this magnet decal in the U.S.?

I see they sell it across the pond, but cant seem to locate it here in the states

https://shop.thepinwitch.com/Decals/Tales-of-the-Arabian-Nights---Magnet-Decal-Side.html?language=en

Decal2 (resized).JPGDecal2 (resized).JPG
#4608 4 years ago

Measuring AC @J112 with the DMM, one lead needs to be on one green/white and the other lead on the other green/white correct? No ground.

I always forget with AC..

IMG_0432 (resized).jpgIMG_0432 (resized).jpg
#4609 4 years ago

Hey does anybody know when the outlane specials light up/flash and rules around them? I ready something about drop targets gets you a ball save, but didn’t see them light up

F5CC956C-C2EF-40BE-83E4-6B44B380FA69 (resized).jpegF5CC956C-C2EF-40BE-83E4-6B44B380FA69 (resized).jpeg243AA42A-16D6-4160-9986-7B0F24CEF31E (resized).jpeg243AA42A-16D6-4160-9986-7B0F24CEF31E (resized).jpeg
#4610 4 years ago

My game doesn't even have lamps under special, so your guess is as good as mine..

#4611 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Hey does anybody know when the outlane specials light up/flash and rules around them? I ready something about drop targets gets you a ball save, but didn’t see them light up[quoted image][quoted image]

Outlane special lights up after you get all 5 of the Lost Treasures AND THEN hit the captive ball one more time. You can set the reward for hitting the Special. I have mine set to an extra ball. Other options include points, free game, and ticket. To change this it is under Adjustments, A 1 #15

#4612 4 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Outlane special lights up after you get all 5 of the Lost Treasures AND THEN hit the captive ball one more time. You can set the reward for hitting the Special. I have mine set to an extra ball. Other options include points, free game, and ticket. To change this it is under Adjustments, A 1 #15

Awesome, Thanks! It’s not written anywhere I could find

#4613 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ya, pretty hard to lite them outlanes up.

#4614 4 years ago

Replacing B5 and C30 fixed my issues.

Another question, is there supposed to be a bumper pad on the back stop for the mode hole? Noticed there are a lot of kick outs.

#4615 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Replacing B5 and C30 fixed my issues.
Another question, is there supposed to be a bumper pad on the back stop for the mode hole? Noticed there are a lot of kick outs.

I don’t think so stock, but that is the solution to stop the kickouts. You’ll want to experiment with the placement, thickness, size as everyone’s hole is different

#4616 4 years ago

Gonna make an attempt to screen these grills

F6CC0DE3-5803-49CF-8084-E6B964EA3339 (resized).jpegF6CC0DE3-5803-49CF-8084-E6B964EA3339 (resized).jpeg
#4618 4 years ago

Mind your own hole

#4619 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

According to the manual, the point award for getting the Special is 1 million. 1 million! WTF, thats it?!
So i highly recommend everyone set yours to extra ball. You will not get that lit very often at all, so when you do make it exciting and worth it.

#4620 4 years ago

I'm leaving the club and have two sets of airball protectors. They have never been used and still have the protective film on them. I don't believe you can still get these.

$25 for a set shipped or $45 for both sets shipped anywhere in the U.S.

Please PM me if you're interested

#4621 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm leaving the club and have two sets of airball protectors. They have never been used and still have the protective film on them. I don't believe you can still get these.

I'll take a set, pm coming your way soon..

#4622 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

One set remaining...$25 shipped in the US. PM me if you want em

#4623 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

One set remaining...$25 shipped in the US. PM me if you want em

PM sent

#4624 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Gonna make an attempt to screen these grills[quoted image]

Very interested

#4625 4 years ago

Joined yesterday.

Didn't get it setup until late, so I haven't properly leveled it.
Question:
1 After the post drops for the ball to go into the POA, it wasn't dropping in but going past the POA and into the left lane. Is that a level and or pitch adjustment issue?
2 Are the Lites Hand of Fate inserts on the inlanes always lit?
indy (resized).jpegindy (resized).jpeg

#4626 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Joined yesterday.
Didn't get it setup until late, so I haven't properly leveled it.
Question:
1 After the post drops for the ball to go into the POA, it wasn't dropping in but going past the POA and into the left lane. Is that a level and or pitch adjustment issue?
2 Are the Lites Hand of Fate inserts on the inlanes always lit?
[quoted image]

The ball doesn't go into the POA because your game isn't leveled. Raising the rear legs will make the ball fall into the POA. Make sure you are also leveled side to side. There are 3 holes for the rear legs, make sure you are on the bottom 2. Hand of Fate is awarded and not always lit

#4627 4 years ago

Thanks. My phone says I'm a 7.5. It doesn't play like it's that steep.

Another quicky....what is the skill shot?

(i only got to play a couple games last night)

#4628 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Then raise the left side a tad to help the ball fall into the POA when the post drops. If the right side is higher than the left, the ball will have a hard time dropping into the POA. Some trial and error and you should be OK. I had the same issue. I don't really trust my phone for this stuff. Are you on the bottom 2 holes back there? Raise the machine a bit more and see what happens.

No true skill shot in this game.

#4629 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

7.5 is a little steep.

Sometimes the ball rides the switch wire before the post on the rope bridge and it rolls past the POA.

Carefully and slightly bending the rope bridge down so the ball rides the front wall will keep it on track.

Bending too much will bind up the post. The post can be further adjusted by loosening its solenoid bracket and twisting or moving it around.

A lot of the time the switch wire is bent too high due to a failing switch.

This can actually cause the ball to stop before the post.

Replace the switch in this case and adjust it propetly.

#4630 4 years ago

Check your mounting and linkage on the post stop. I thought that my post wasn’t dropping ... it was in fact never going back up (at least not all the time). I was fooled into thinking it was actually stopping the ball because it was intermittent.

#4631 4 years ago

I'm considering buying Indiana Jones Light The Jackpot MOD but would love thoughts from anyone who has installed it. Worth it? Does it interact with any particular mode?

#4632 4 years ago

Question got a IJ Williams noticed the backboard on playfield is like a thick piece clear plastic not wood. Has lost plastic decal on it. Is this something someone made or did any come like that. Looks like laser cut

#4633 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I'm considering buying Indiana Jones Light The Jackpot MOD but would love thoughts from anyone who has installed it. Worth it? Does it interact with any particular mode?

Quoted from adamross:

Working on it now, will let you know after. Others here have it tho

#4634 4 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Question got a IJ Williams noticed the backboard on playfield is like a thick piece clear plastic not wood. Has lost plastic decal on it. Is this something someone made or did any come like that. Looks like laser cut

They sell decals of this but the plastic one is preferred

#4635 4 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Chris (HEP) help me figure it out. It's the transparent backboard MOD from pinball decal inc.

#4636 4 years ago

The jackpot mod it self is ok to install. Problem is that you have to get the holes in the speaker panel right. I did it myself. Davy in here made some predrilles ones, looked very professional. The jackpot board itself just light up when you make a jackpot, e.g. arc, grail, etc. Same as the ones on the playfield. I like it as the mod was not that expensive and lights up the speaker section a bit.
At the beginning I was hoping it would be a lock counter, 1, 2, third ball locked . That would be nice on IJ.

#4637 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Looks cool in attract mode. You don't pay all that much attention to it during game play. My reason was just for completeness to the original concept... Indy is so feature rich it just seemed like it belonged to be there.

#4638 4 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

It’s an aftermarket mod. Those are really cool, especially if you light them. I have a buddy who has one in his MM and another who has one in his AFM.

#4639 4 years ago

Last time I was at Disneyland (late 2018), I went into Adventureland to play the Indiana Jones in the shops. Unfortunately, this beauty had hit the road - does anyone know what became of it? I always thought the revamped cabinet fit into the decor nicely...

FB_IMG_1523071438353 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1523071438353 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1523071441979 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1523071441979 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1523071444684 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1523071444684 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1523071447573 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1523071447573 (resized).jpg
#4640 4 years ago

I’m actually going to the effort to build out a completely separate Jackpot board mod without messing with the original. That means new speaker panel with jackpot mod, speaker panel printed plexiglass, ColorDMD, speaker grills, speakers, wires, brackets, screws. Not the cheapest way but guarantees the original will be intact

8F163FB0-6805-45B0-8411-5E94AB971D0B (resized).jpeg8F163FB0-6805-45B0-8411-5E94AB971D0B (resized).jpeg
#4641 4 years ago
Quoted from Fastlane66:

Last time I was at Disneyland (late 2018), I went into Adventureland to play the Indiana Jones in the shops. Unfortunately, this beauty had hit the road - does anyone know what became of it? I always thought the revamped cabinet fit into the decor nicely...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

she will be back soon with few new surprises
maybe before Christmas

#4642 4 years ago

I recently brought home a IJ.
It played fine for a while. Occasionally it would throw a switch error that would go away on it's own. Last night I'm playing and do a small slap save...left flipper dies a few times and game resets. Then the sound goes out. Sound comes back on then the DMD goes out and stays out. A couple balls are locked in the idol which aren't freed by ball search. It then just starts shooting out balls repeatedly and flippers don't work. It became possessed.

Any ideas? When I brought it home, the lights and dmd were out, but I found that a plug had just come out during transport. Easy fix. I'm not sure what is causing all these issues.

#4643 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I recently brought home a IJ.
It played fine for a while. Occasionally it would throw a switch error that would go away on it's own. Last night I'm playing and do a small slap save...left flipper dies a few times and game resets. Then the sound goes out. Sound comes back on then the DMD goes out and stays out. A couple balls are locked in the idol which aren't freed by ball search. It then just starts shooting out balls repeatedly and flippers don't work. It became possessed.
Any ideas? When I brought it home, the lights and dmd were out, but I found that a plug had just come out during transport. Easy fix. I'm not sure what is causing all these issues.

Your ribbon cables could have intermittent issues (try re-seating all of them) ... this is a common problem with the age of these things.
You're 5V could be getting flaky (this can cause erroneous resets during game play)

#4644 4 years ago

Well it’s not perfect, but good enough

7CF9A04E-4E92-4F3F-A0D8-E5CC0418D772 (resized).jpeg7CF9A04E-4E92-4F3F-A0D8-E5CC0418D772 (resized).jpeg
#4645 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Well it’s not perfect, but good enough[quoted image]

That’s perfect! Very cool!

#4646 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Your ribbon cables could have intermittent issues (try re-seating all of them) ... this is a common problem with the age of these things.
You're 5V could be getting flaky (this can cause erroneous resets during game play)

Reseated every ribbon cable and plug.
Dumb question...how do I check the 5v on this game?

#4647 4 years ago

Do these go anywhere? Didn't see a spot for them.

20190810_103956 (resized).jpg20190810_103956 (resized).jpg20190810_104049 (resized).jpg20190810_104049 (resized).jpg
#4648 4 years ago

I put black on ground and red on lower right prong of the chip but didn't get a reading. Must be doing it wrong.

20190810_101101 (resized).jpg20190810_101101 (resized).jpg
#4649 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Do these go anywhere? Didn't see a spot for them.[quoted image][quoted image]

You don’t need those anymore because you’re running a color dmd.

#4650 4 years ago

That was what I figured. Just wanted to double check

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

12,500 (OBO)
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,419.00
Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
$ 29.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 235.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/93?hl=energyspike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.