IMG_2559 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3052 (resized).jpeg
20240331_185053 (resized).jpg
20240331_185034 (resized).jpg
20240331_184519 (resized).jpg
20240331_184510 (resized).jpg
There are 11,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 234.
#4501 4 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

True, I just desire a play field in better condition and I am willing to pay more if needed. The plus was that the battery's were moved...

I get it. You don’t want to have to see that damage every time you look at the flippers.

Also IJ doesn’t have repro PFs (yet?) and PF restos are expensive and they take a long time.

Good luck with the search man, sorry it wasted a day for you. Yeah I sure didn’t like that there was no lower PF pic...

#4502 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I get it. You don’t want to have to see that damage every time you look at the flippers.
Also IJ doesn’t have repro PFs (yet?) and PF restos are expensive and they take a long time.
Good luck with the search man, sorry it wasted a day for you. Yeah I sure didn’t like that there was no lower PF pic...

Yes, I knew the repairs would be long road that I do not want to pursue currently. I'll keep an eye out and allows me to save up more $$. The Hobbit will arrive in 6 to 7 days so I'm looking forward to next week. It was a good learning experience for me overall, so some positive in there...

#4503 4 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

A quick update to my post. He would not send anymore photos of the pin so I offered 5,800 and he responded with 6,200 and said there was no play field wear, so I gambled....and lost. My total 5 hour round trip end with 2 cracks (about 5/8" long and as you ran your finger along, was lifting up on both edges) in the play field below the left and right flipper and a good chip by Shorty. He was a nice older gentleman, acted surprised to what we pointed out but his pics avoided that area. He never cleaned or waxed in 15 years (gasp) and it showed. I walked away, but wanted to save that pin from more abuse...sorry Dr. Jones.

That's some BS. The seller knows what he's doing and clearly avoided the damage in his pictures with no regard for people that will travel far to buy the machine. He's probably hoping for someone to just buy it after travelling so far. What a chump. I flagged his ad on Craigslist. Everybody, feel free to flag it.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#4504 4 years ago
Quoted from DexterH:

That's some BS. The seller knows what he's doing and clearly avoided the damage in his pictures with no regard for people that will travel far to buy the machine. He's probably hoping for someone to just buy it after travelling so far. What a chump. I flagged his ad on Craigslist. Everybody, feel free to flag it.

Agreed, I did not think of flagging that that post but just did. Funny how he asked me if I was from Danville when I clearly told him I was 2 plus hours away and took the time to update him when I was in Vacaville having breakfast while waiting for the bank to open to meet the time window we set...

#4505 4 years ago
Quoted from DexterH:

I think that same dude has this ad here on Pinside. Let the fire begin

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/80551

#4506 4 years ago
Quoted from DexterH:

How do you flag an ad?

#4507 4 years ago

Ok, question about the Rotor Lock Door/Gate Assembly coil that keeps blowing out F116 Fuse.

The original coil I had in the machine is attached here as “AE-26-1500-01” and it didn’t have a diode nor polarity listing which is 50v primary vs low power.

The manual says it should be “AE-26-1500” (attached pic) and so I picked up the Marcos Pincoil (attached pic) located here https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/AE-26-1500

I disconnected the 50v Connector from the coil (left twisted for the next coil in line) and haven’t had a blow out, so could it just be a bad coil or the wrong coil? Or something else.

Can you guys confirm which coil you have installed?

09769193-65AB-449D-BF48-D27310C63219 (resized).jpeg09769193-65AB-449D-BF48-D27310C63219 (resized).jpeg0C57A8B7-7C12-4CD6-BECD-23470DFF9B1F (resized).jpeg0C57A8B7-7C12-4CD6-BECD-23470DFF9B1F (resized).jpeg4714E5FF-143D-4217-A6FE-15FA2997C198 (resized).jpeg4714E5FF-143D-4217-A6FE-15FA2997C198 (resized).jpeg
#4508 4 years ago

Also, do you guys have a nylon ring to keep the shaft aligned inside this bracket hole? I don’t see it listed in the manual but seems like maybe that can short if not? I’m just guessing

D951CC92-D401-422C-AFE4-13EC27E43E65 (resized).jpegD951CC92-D401-422C-AFE4-13EC27E43E65 (resized).jpeg
#4509 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Also, do you guys have a nylon ring to keep the shaft aligned inside this bracket hole? I don’t see it listed in the manual but seems like maybe that can short if not? I’m just guessing[quoted image]

Are you talking about the coil sleeve? I'm at a loss...

The coil sleeve should be flanged and go thru the bracket hole.

The sleeve that came with the coil is probably the wrong sleeve for this application.

#4510 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

How do you flag an ad?

Go to the item on Craigslist and usually in the upper right corner of the page, you'll see a "prohibited" link that you can click. That will flag the listing. If enough people flag it, Craiglist will remove the ad.

#4511 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Are you talking about the coil sleeve? I'm at a loss...
The coil sleeve should be flanged and go thru the bracket hole.
The sleeve that came with the coil is probably the wrong sleeve for this application.

I was just wondering if it had a nylon sleeve like the diverter shaft does. It looks like this https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-8790

Either way, that's least important issue. Can you confirm you have the same Coil number? (AE-26-1500). I assume its the same but just wanted to be sure

Nylon (resized).jpgNylon (resized).jpg
#4512 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I was just wondering if it had a nylon sleeve like the diverter shaft does. It looks like this https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-8790
Either way, that's least important issue. Can you confirm you have the same Coil number? (AE-26-1500). I assume its the same but just wanted to be sure[quoted image]

Those are called nyliners.

It's not used there.

Looks like the correct coil.

#4513 4 years ago

Those are called nyliners.
It's not used there.
Looks like the correct coil.

Ok, thanks. Yeah I’m starting to think it’s the knocker. Since I’ve disconnected it on had 1 outage. Seems like this Gate was also causing it but after I disconnected/reconnect the 50v wires, haven’t had an issue correlated with the gate going down. I might have to re-solder all the Purple yellow 50v connectors as I believe one of them might also be causing the short

#4514 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, thanks. Yeah I’m starting to think it’s the knocker. Since I’ve disconnected it on had 1 outage. Seems like this Gate was also causing it but after I disconnected/reconnect the 50v wires, haven’t had an issue correlated with the gate going down. I might have to re-solder all the Purple yellow 50v connectors as I believe one of them might also be causing the short

Cover your connections with shrink tube if in doubt.

That's what I do.

You might have a short down stream from the coil.

You have to go through the harness and everything in that circuit.

#4515 4 years ago

Cover your connections with shrink tube if in doubt.
That's what I do.
You might have a short down stream from the coil.
You have to go through the harness and everything in that circuit.

Yeah I traced it and nothing stands out. I’m going to replace the knocker coil as it looks toasted, might just be shorted. Consistently when I was cracking games it would blow the fuse. I played for 5 hours last night with it disconnected and it stayed on fine

#4516 4 years ago

Anybody here had to resolve flopping flipper issues? I started another thread but curious if anybody had this issue and resolved it. As you know, weak & flopping flippers are not gonna get you up any ramps in this game.

Also, what is your experience using a Rottendog Fliptronic replacement board? I’m leaning on my issue is my original board just isn’t cutting it anymore and I’m gonna need a replacement

#4517 4 years ago

BTW, here is my original board in case somebody with a hawk eye can spot any issues

03BB722F-6332-46F3-83AB-F7A73A2F0405 (resized).jpeg03BB722F-6332-46F3-83AB-F7A73A2F0405 (resized).jpeg24B7A826-C5EF-4AF3-884F-9823FBA3A52F (resized).jpeg24B7A826-C5EF-4AF3-884F-9823FBA3A52F (resized).jpeg
#4518 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

BTW, here is my original board in case somebody with a hawk eye can spot any issues[quoted image][quoted image]

That board looks pretty good to me.
But, isnt it 25 years old?
I have a new one and it works great.

#4519 4 years ago

Cold/poor solder joints on J904?

#4520 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

That board looks pretty good to me.
But, isnt it 25 years old?
I have a new one and it works great.

Yup, 25. I’m going to get it checks out by some local pros regardless.

So I’m assuming you mean you got a Rottendog and it works great? Did you get it because you had poor flipping hold and it fixed it?

#4521 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So I’m assuming you mean you got a Rottendog and it works great? Did you get it because you had poor flipping hold and it fixed it?

I did it because one by one I upgraded all the boards over several years.
A good fix for me was new flipper opto boards for the buttons. Then reflowing cold solder on flipper coils.

#4522 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yeah I traced it and nothing stands out. I’m going to replace the knocker coil as it looks toasted, might just be shorted. Consistently when I was cracking games it would blow the fuse. I played for 5 hours last night with it disconnected and it stayed on fine

Your coil looks smoked.

Replace that first.

Flipper fatigue on a 5 hour marathon is not unknown.

Check how hot the flipper coils are getting after a couple hours.

Small fans on the coils can help.
Check out the lotr fan mods.

#4523 4 years ago

Where is the best place to buy a Rottendog flliper board for IJ?

#4524 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Where is the best place to buy a Rottendog flliper board for IJ?

I don't think it's your board, it looks fine.

#4525 4 years ago

I don't think it's your board, it looks fine.

Yeah, I think I need to re-visit the flipper assembly. I noticed there was a lot of play in the left flipper which may be the culprit. If I Road & Track everything to spec then I might just get the Rottendog. It’s only $60 so worth having it regardless. If I don’t figure it out after than, I’m calling in the pros

#4526 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yeah, I think I need to re-visit the flipper assembly. I noticed there was a lot of play in the left flipper which may be the culprit. If I Road & Track everything to spec then I might just get the Rottendog. It’s only $60 so worth having it regardless. If I don’t figure it out after than, I’m calling in the pros

Maybe cracked flipper bushing.

#4527 4 years ago

Put a sub in Indy sounds so much better!

188F528B-2B86-4B21-9AA8-1912F63BD32F (resized).jpeg188F528B-2B86-4B21-9AA8-1912F63BD32F (resized).jpeg
#4528 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

My game is a sample game that had boards that were 25+ years old. A few years back my flippers were getting weak and the game felt sluggish. I replaced the flipper opto board with a Rottendog Board. In fact, I replaced every board on my game and I felt it made a big difference. Flippers became stronger, lights in the game seamed brighter and it just felt like a game that had new life.
Get some new boards and I think you'll notice a big difference in your game.

QSS

#4529 4 years ago

Ok, I think my weak flipper issue is resolved. It was a combo of adjusting the EOS and mostly not gauging the flipper bat to the bushing. There was a LOT of play and who knew tightening that to the gauge tool made the world of difference. Gonna have to go back and check all my machines now

#4530 4 years ago

And my contribution to Wikipedia was finally accepted

80239BC1-BD15-43EE-B188-34F44F3B880A (resized).png80239BC1-BD15-43EE-B188-34F44F3B880A (resized).png
#4531 4 years ago

Hey fellow Pinsiders, I picked up my Indy about 6 months ago and absolutely love it! I feel like a have pretty nice example except for the usual wear behind the lock ball drop targets. I’m sure this has been addressed somewhere on this thread but is there anything I can do to prefent this from getting worse?

90223607-77E1-4270-A29D-9A621A3D21DC (resized).jpeg90223607-77E1-4270-A29D-9A621A3D21DC (resized).jpeg183DD00E-40B1-4847-B141-2666D080BEED (resized).jpeg183DD00E-40B1-4847-B141-2666D080BEED (resized).jpeg5D290FA0-98E2-4E59-8031-4452ABAC563C (resized).jpeg5D290FA0-98E2-4E59-8031-4452ABAC563C (resized).jpeg
#4532 4 years ago
Quoted from Lymes:

Hey fellow Pinsiders, I picked up my Indy about 6 months ago and absolutely love it! I feel like a have pretty nice example except for the usual wear behind the lock ball drop targets. I’m sure this has been addressed somewhere on this thread but is there anything I can do to prefent this from getting worse?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

http://www.passionforpinball.com/ijpros.htm

#4533 4 years ago

Where can i buy the air-ball guard for the drop targets. My game needs one big time.

#4534 4 years ago
Quoted from griffo84:

Where can i buy the air-ball guard for the drop targets. My game needs one big time.

DM Davi

#4535 4 years ago

I purchased my INDIANA JONES about 4 months ago. Love it. Was playing beautifully until a few weeks ago when the 3-ball JACKPOT multi-ball (that comes down from the gold idol on the right-hand side), started getting stuck/pushed back in the "metal swing" that leads the balls to the flippers. Nowadays, 2 out of every 3 balls coming down from the idol get "pushed backwards" and into the outlane and drain. VEEEEERY frustrating. The swing itself doesn't seem to be the issue, as it's swinging very freely.

I'm not a techie by any means but has someone encountered this before? What should I try to do to resolve this issue?

IMG_2176 (resized).JPGIMG_2176 (resized).JPGIMG_2177 (resized).JPGIMG_2177 (resized).JPG
#4536 4 years ago

Could anyone shoot me a picture of where this small plastic goes in my Indy? Thanks for any help in advance.

183BFD30-80CB-4C50-A098-4C29F73BC5E0 (resized).jpeg183BFD30-80CB-4C50-A098-4C29F73BC5E0 (resized).jpegF03D21B0-294A-4660-B186-4E2F1E7EE484 (resized).jpegF03D21B0-294A-4660-B186-4E2F1E7EE484 (resized).jpeg
#4537 4 years ago

It goes I believe to the lower right side lane of the single drop target under the path of adventure ramp

#4538 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I purchased my INDIANA JONES about 4 months ago. Love it. Was playing beautifully until a few weeks ago when the 3-ball JACKPOT multi-ball (that comes down from the gold idol on the right-hand side), started getting stuck/pushed back in the "metal swing" that leads the balls to the flippers. Nowadays, 2 out of every 3 balls coming down from the idol get "pushed backwards" and into the outlane and drain. VEEEEERY frustrating. The swing itself doesn't seem to be the issue, as it's swinging very freely.
I'm not a techie by any means but has someone encountered this before? What should I try to do to resolve this issue?[quoted image][quoted image]

Huh, it all looks right to me (comparing it to my game anyways).

I’d make sure you have enough slope on the game first.

Right above the “narrow escape” star post there is a metal rail the ball rolls against. Maybe try adjusting that downward a little... it doesn’t take much so don’t go nuts, just a little tweak. The ball should pretty much just drop out of the idol lock and roll through the gate and right down the inlane to the flipper.

#4539 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I'm not a techie by any means but has someone encountered this before? What should I try to do to resolve this issue?[quoted image][quoted image]

Best way to find out what’s going on is to record a slow motion video with your phone. Roll a ball off the Idol and record a video from top to bottom, and one from each side. That will show you what’s going on. I’m sure it’s just a minor adjustment

#4540 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

It goes I believe to the lower right side lane of the single drop target under the path of adventure ramp

Thank you

#4541 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Best way to find out what’s going on is to record a slow motion video with your phone. Roll a ball off the Idol and record a video from top to bottom, and one from each side. That will show you what’s going on. I’m sure it’s just a minor adjustment

Here's a slow motion video of 3 balls coming down the chute and ALL 3 draining! So frustrating.

Let me know if anyone catches the issue, because I can't see it other than the fact that (perhaps) the balls are coming down too fast? (or the hinge needs to be tighter so that it falls behind the ball, once it crosses into the playfield) Any advice welcomed!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2m2nmd55x1srqa8/indiana-jones-pinball-bug.MOV?dl=0

#4542 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Here's a slow motion video of 3 balls coming down the chute and ALL 3 draining! So frustrating.
Let me know if anyone catches the issue, because I can't see it other than the fact that (perhaps) the balls are coming down too fast? (or the hinge needs to be tighter so that it falls behind the ball, once it crosses into the playfield) Any advice welcomed!

I wonder if the curve at the end of the lane guide could be bent up a little. This would make the ball go through the gate without hitting the post.

#4543 4 years ago

Definitely looks like it's slamming into the post, mine goes through the middle cleanly.

#4544 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I wonder if the curve at the end of the lane guide could be bent up a little. This would make the ball go through the gate without hitting the post.

That’s what I’m thinking.

The balls will always come down fast (thanks gravity) but you want the feed out of the idol down the ramp through the gate to the right flipper to be smooth. You shouldn’t have all that post hitting and bouncing around going on.

#4545 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Can you put a straight edge from the right lane guide into the idol ramp to see what is misaligned and take a picture? I’m curious if it’s the lane guide or ramp. Something is off for sure. Also is there anything warped on the playfield path that would cause it to veer into that post?

#4546 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

The ball is hitting that rear sling post and coming right back out. Now take an up close video of that area only (not a general video like this one) and record all 3 balls hitting that post. That will give us a better view and help us find the issue

#4547 4 years ago

Is that ball gate supposed to swing both ways? Not near my machine atm but I’m thinking it’s only supposed to allow the balls in but not out. Can someone check on this?

#4548 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Since it played well, then changed I would think it is a pitch problem. But it does look like the lip of the guard rail bent to the wrong angle. The gate is more a moveable barrier, nothing to tighten.

#4549 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Since it played well, then changed I would think it is a pitch problem. But it does look like the lip of the guard rail bent to the wrong angle. The gate is more a moveable barrier, nothing to tighten.

Yeah it sure looks like it’s bent

#4550 4 years ago

First of all, THANKS A LOT to everyone who responded in this thread so far, much appreciated!

I never thought that it was an issue from the other side, so thanks for opening my eyes. That said, I couldn't really notice anything "wrong" with the right side rail, but maybe someone else can compare to their own machine and let me know if you notice anything "off". Pics attached...

PS: I did notice that the white rubber behind the slingshot was placed over the metal rod (where the ball hits) and I thought that was the issue, since the ball was initially going directly into that metal rod. I placed the white rubber back over the metal rod...but the problem kept happening.

IMG_2203 (resized).JPGIMG_2203 (resized).JPGIMG_2204 (resized).JPGIMG_2204 (resized).JPGIMG_2205 (resized).JPGIMG_2205 (resized).JPGIMG_2206 (resized).JPGIMG_2206 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 85.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,000 (OBO)
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,674 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/91?hl=trogdor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.