20240320_235401 (resized).jpg
20240320_235329 (resized).jpg
20240320_224027 (resized).jpg
20240320_235312 (resized).jpg
20240320_235234 (resized).jpg
IMG_0746 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0749 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0826 (resized).jpeg

There are 11,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 232.
#4351 4 years ago

New owner of IJ here...can anyone tell me which shots are possible to back-hand from right flipper? The machine I bought has different coils installed for the two flippers (blue FL-11629 on left, red FL-11630on right, so I am likely going to replace the right coil with the correct factory coil since it seems underpowered.

#4352 4 years ago

Yeah I’m trying to convince myself that I have the skills to paint this and that I have the patience.

There’s a very good possibility I could actually make it look worse and lose time I won’t get back

#4353 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Damn - is that the custom Marcos painted? Looks awesome!. The original actually has grooves in the body and cockpit is defined, the mold of Marcos really took shortcuts so curious if that's a Marcos painted.
Ive seen another thread where people have been buying 1/48 scale ww2 model planes and throwing those in. Curious if anybody has had any luck with that

They are originals.
Custom painted by SPINNY-VINNY on here.
Look close and you can see Sean Connery in the cockpit with a machine gun.

#4354 4 years ago
Quoted from trumpy:

here is the bottom cnr of mine . 135 &137 are for backboard jackpot light board . is it .100 or .156 spaced .

I believe this connector is for the backboard jackpot light board. The wires loop back to J135 and 138. Notice the colors of the wires. It strange because I do not have a backboard jackpot light board installed ....yet.
IMG_1090 (resized).JPGIMG_1090 (resized).JPG

IMG_1094 (resized).JPGIMG_1094 (resized).JPGIMG_1093 (resized).JPGIMG_1093 (resized).JPG
#4355 4 years ago

On another note. I have an LED kit for this game but I just don't think I want to put them in. The game looks perfect to me. Nice and clean and original looking.

IMG_1098 (resized).JPGIMG_1098 (resized).JPGIMG_1099 (resized).JPGIMG_1099 (resized).JPGIMG_1100 (resized).JPGIMG_1100 (resized).JPG
#4356 4 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

They are originals.
Custom painted by SPINNY-VINNY on here.
Look close and you can see Sean Connery in the cockpit with a machine gun.

Ok, now you’re just rubbin it in. Hey look, can you see Harrison Ford in my plane? That tan looking thing is the top of his middle finger to your Spinny Vinny fancy planes

Why Marcos gotta do me wrong like this?
0717518A-5B80-486D-93D9-53417DEAD706 (resized).png0717518A-5B80-486D-93D9-53417DEAD706 (resized).png

#4357 4 years ago

BTW, is Sallah stoned on everyone else’s machine, or did somebody get creative with this playfield?

0C1A345D-2676-4BC7-BA90-B49796B672E5 (resized).jpeg0C1A345D-2676-4BC7-BA90-B49796B672E5 (resized).jpeg
#4358 4 years ago

I bought the jackpot light board from Marco and I was wondering if there are DIY instructions somewhere for cutting out the three jackpots on the speaker panel board?

#4359 4 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I bought the jackpot light board from Marco and I was wondering if there are DIY instructions somewhere for cutting out the three jackpots on the speaker panel board?

I used a drill with a fairly large bit and traced the 3 items out onto the board and slow cut out the board, taking a little off at a time using a flashlight lighting up from behind. It came with absolutely no instructions whatsoever which sucks, but it wasn’t too bad.

#4360 4 years ago

I might have a bead on a machine to purchase. Still have to look t it but owner bought new in the 90s and has been in his game room ever since. Might be able to get it for under 2K. Thoughts?

#4361 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I might have a bead on a machine to purchase. Still have to look t it but owner bought new in the 90s and has been in his game room ever since. Might be able to get it for under 2K. Thoughts?

Instant buy. Now.

#4362 4 years ago

Under 2K!? Yeah that’s a buy now for sure

#4363 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

I used a drill with a fairly large bit and traced the 3 items out onto the board and slow cut out the board, taking a little off at a time using a flashlight lighting up from behind. It came with absolutely no instructions whatsoever which sucks, but it wasn’t too bad.

Thanks 2Pup. How did you trace the images onto the board?

#4364 4 years ago

I used a ruler and a pencil. Measure into the images from top and bottom and side to side. If I were to do it again, I would probably use tracing paper to make it easier. I started with holes smaller than needed and increased them to final size. The chest was the hardest, on my list to finish up lol. I might clean it up with a dremel. I think someone on the thread was selling a precut one done professionally, but seemed a bit too much for me unless I was doing a high end restore.

#4365 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

I used a ruler and a pencil. Measure into the images from top and bottom and side to side. If I were to do it again, I would probably use tracing paper to make it easier. I started with holes smaller than needed and increased them to final size. The chest was the hardest, on my list to finish up lol. I might clean it up with a dremel. I think someone on the thread was selling a precut one done professionally, but seemed a bit too much for me unless I was doing a high end restore.

Thanks man, I have a dremel so I think I will take your advice and try to use tracing paper. I can't believe someone hasn't posted a DIY guide for this.

#4366 4 years ago

Well I threw caution at the wind and went for it. Turned out pretty easy. Just traced the three jackpots and then placed the traced paper on the wood and started drilling and cutting with my jig saw and drill. Just need to sand the edges and maybe put a little black marker on the plastic to prevent light leak. Then put it together and wait for my lamp board from Marco.
IMG_1106 (resized).jpgIMG_1106 (resized).jpgIMG_1108 (resized).jpgIMG_1108 (resized).jpg

#4367 4 years ago

Looks great! I’ll send you mine to do lol! Yeah i touched up mine with some black paint to seal it. Great job!

#4368 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I wonder if they’d like to meet me? No reason....

#4369 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I wonder if they’d like to meet me? No reason....

Haha. It’s not set in stone yet but he said he’s had them a long time. His kids are grown. Hopefully he is ready to sell.

#4370 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Haha. It’s not set in stone yet but he said he’s had them a long time. His kids are grown. Hopefully he is ready to sell.

It’s under $2K until he looks on Pinside or EBay, then add $8K. Otherwise be careful, sounds like a scam (unless you know the dude). Bottom line, no HUO IJ is selling for less than $6K so do your homework & legwork before paying penny

#4371 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

It’s under $2K until he looks on Pinside or EBay, then add $8K. Otherwise be careful, sounds like a scam (unless you know the dude). Bottom line, no HUO IJ is selling for less than $6K so do your homework & legwork before paying penny

I know him. Friends boss so legit. Not sure he will look up prices. Am I a bad person for biting my lip?

#4372 4 years ago

I’m gonna call him and offer 4K...

#4373 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I know him. Friends boss so legit. Not sure he will look up prices. Am I a bad person for biting my lip?

Hell no!

#4374 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

If you ask him what he wants and he gives you an amount, no.

If you asks you and you understate the value, then yeah kinda.

#4375 4 years ago
Quoted from KidSmitty:

New owner of IJ here...can anyone tell me which shots are possible to back-hand from right flipper? The machine I bought has different coils installed for the two flippers (blue FL-11629 on left, red FL-11630on right, so I am likely going to replace the right coil with the correct factory coil since it seems underpowered.

I fully replaced both my flippers a year ago so they are in top shape. I am able to right flipper backhand almost every shot except for the full right ramp to the upper playfield. (I can backhand the right ramp, but not all the up the Path of Adventure)

#4376 4 years ago
FF556665-139B-4479-A6A8-6136D947C9FB (resized).jpegFF556665-139B-4479-A6A8-6136D947C9FB (resized).jpeg
#4377 4 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

I fully replaced both my flippers a year ago so they are in top shape. I am able to right flipper backhand almost every shot except for the full right ramp to the upper playfield. (I can backhand the right ramp, but not all the up the Path of Adventure)

Thanks...I replaced the right coil with factory correct and it is crisper; I can right backhand partway up the right ramp but not all the way around to POA. Appreciate your response!

#4378 4 years ago

Ordered this from Marco. No screws...no instructions.

IMG_1120 (resized).JPGIMG_1120 (resized).JPG
#4379 4 years ago

How much does it cost?

#4380 4 years ago

I figured out how to install it. However the LEDs look way cooler than all the other lights in my game. I'm going to see if I can find some warm LEDs to put into this board. The board was made by pindorabox.com. So far my first impression of them is not so good.
IMG_1127 (resized).JPGIMG_1127 (resized).JPG

IMG_1130 (resized).JPGIMG_1130 (resized).JPG
#4381 4 years ago

Maybe put a yellow gel between the lamp and the plastic?

I’d love to see a few pix of how you installed it. I really want to do this mod on my IJ.

#4382 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I’d love to see a few pix of how you installed it. I really want to do this mod on my IJ.

The lamp board screws into the back of the speaker panel. Just make sure the lights on the board are centered on each cutout and screw it down. Once connector goes to 133 and the other to 138.

IMG_1133 (resized).JPGIMG_1133 (resized).JPG
#4383 4 years ago

The lamp board screws into the back of the speaker panel. Just make sure the lights on the board are centered on each cutout and screw it down. Once connector goes to 133 and the other to 138.[quoted image]

This same board from marco burnt up on me within 6 months of use. Just turned it on way day and smokey smoked.
Those cool bulbs burn hot to, dont think diffusion or gels would last long.

Added over 5 years ago:

Im completely wrong.
My board is different.
Sorry Marco.

#4384 4 years ago

The lamp board screws into the back of the speaker panel. Just make sure the lights on the board are centered on each cutout and screw it down. Once connector goes to 133 and the other to 138.[quoted image]

You had to cut the board tho right?

#4385 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

This same board from marco burnt up on me within 6 months of use

Did they offer you a replacement?

#4386 4 years ago

It was 6 months, I didnt ask. Im not that guy who hauls stuff back to costco either.
I have a prototype board machine came with. I reworked it and added led's to it. I still have it. Ill find it and post a pic.
At least you are aware of issue now and can watch for it.

#4387 4 years ago

At least you are aware of issue now and can watch for it.

Thank you for the information. I would like to know if your issue is a design flaw or just a single misshap. Hopefully somebody can chime in with their luck on these boards made by Pindorabox. Or if somebody has another recomedation for this board. Possibly Pinbits or somebody else?

#4388 4 years ago

And what’s the word with these jackpot boards fitting in when a color dmd is installed?

#4389 4 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

And what’s the word with these jackpot boards fitting in when a color dmd is installed?

They’ll fit fine with a LED in the stock position, but with an LCD you need to install it offset to accomodate the board and then change the display position in the settings.

#4390 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

If you ask him what he wants and he gives you an amount, no.
If you asks you and you understate the value, then yeah kinda.

There's no way that he is not going to be curious of the value and look it up, either before you go to buy it or after he has sold it. You know what the right thing to do is. Make the guy's day and be honest and fair.

#4391 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

There's no way that he is not going to be curious of the value and look it up, either before you go to buy it or after he has sold it. You know what the right thing to do is. Make the guy's day and be honest and fair.

Be honest and fair and bring him a six-pack of beer with the $2K

#4392 4 years ago

Excited to finally show the new mod I've been working on for awhile

Mod thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-temple-fire-light-jackpot-mod-medisinyl-mods-

Sales page: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02555-indiana-jones-light-jackpot-temple-cover-mod-lite-jackpot

More photos and information on the sales page.

Hopefully this does the game some justice in upgrading the factory plastic

giphyij.gifgiphyij.gifjack3.jpgjack3.jpgjack4.jpgjack4.jpgjack7.jpgjack7.jpg
#4393 4 years ago

Dude those are SO DOPE.

#4394 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Excited to finally show the new mod I've been working on for awhile
Mod thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-temple-fire-light-jackpot-mod-medisinyl-mods-
Sales page: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02555-indiana-jones-light-jackpot-temple-cover-mod-lite-jackpot
More photos and information on the sales page.
Hopefully this does the game some justice in upgrading the factory plastic [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Blown away by this! The Lite Jackpot plastic is a total eyesore. Great job!

#4395 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Dude those are SO DOPE.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Blown away by this! The Lite Jackpot plastic is a total eyesore. Great job!

Thank you both! The positive feedback is much appreciated. No idea how many hours ultimately went into the project, but there were many redesigns and failed prints along the way to get everything to look and fit just right (as usual ). Can see I was originally going with a longer wall, but had to wrap it around to make sure the plane wouldn't cause any issue.

Part on the far right is the newest version, but of course unfinished. Changes over the main pictured mod, which was the version between the two right-most models, is a very slightly slimmer left side (though the test model already fit without issue). Also added slits inside for the red insert.

Inner shaping takes the rivets on the factory plastic and such into account as well.
20190603_212558 (resized).jpg20190603_212558 (resized).jpg

#4396 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Be honest and fair and bring him a six-pack of beer with the $2K

What would the bottom number be then. I have been out of the game for about 10 years. I am recently back and I am still trying to nail down the market. Is the bottom 4K? 6K? I welcome ideas on price. Let’s say it is in good condition but some wear.

#4397 4 years ago

I was completely wrong.
This is my fried bridge plastic board.

20190603_191613 (resized).jpg20190603_191613 (resized).jpg20190603_191623 (resized).jpg20190603_191623 (resized).jpg20190603_191652 (resized).jpg20190603_191652 (resized).jpg
#4398 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

What would the bottom number be then. I have been out of the game for about 10 years. I am recently back and I am still trying to nail down the market. Is the bottom 4K? 6K? I welcome ideas on price. Let’s say it is in good condition but some wear.

You don’t see IJs go under 6k too often these days, unless they’re legit basket cases. If you can get into a working one for 5k I’d feel like you did really well.

To be totally honest in your situation I don’t think I’d feel one bit guilty about a starting offer of 4k and just seeing where it goes.

#4399 4 years ago

I was completely wrong.
This is my fried bridge plastic board.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s a little bit Chicken Fried! B&T...burnt and toast lol. Sucks though.

#4400 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

You don’t see IJs go under 6k too often these days, unless they’re legit basket cases. If you can get into a working one for 5k I’d feel like you did really well.
To be totally honest in your situation I don’t think I’d feel one bit guilty about a starting offer of 4k and just seeing where it goes.

Thanks for the feedback

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 29.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
14,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,589 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 232.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/88?hl=kenm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.