Topic Stats

• 4,220 posts
  • 366 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 minutes ago by Fremen
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,349 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0245 (resized).jpg
40ED1F03-7111-49FB-93E0-A4163F671AD4 (resized).png
IMG_1339 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_1338 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_1336 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_1334 (1) (resized).jpg
0CB5F090-3738-4E8E-B5AB-D6FC4848A05C (resized).jpeg
C6690C5B-48F6-4C42-8C9B-A6E8B353EF9C (resized).jpeg
8654B861-252F-4EEC-8034-96DF849D8F9B (resized).jpeg
49440054-A78B-43DD-AD47-B6E5BCA20EA3 (resized).jpeg
92FBBE42-70DD-4EE0-BFAF-61B805A55E28 (resized).jpeg
840B0F37-3929-4707-A4D4-03FC6535BAD5 (resized).jpeg
E1E0CA57-7D1B-4960-BD52-C19D66A51B58 (resized).jpeg
37AD8CBA-087B-4331-AB92-8DADACEE55B9 (resized).jpeg
0D3649C4-EEB1-4B36-A144-4DEF0008F198 (resized).jpeg
8076A9B0-0FA2-47E7-8941-D80473CC0129 (resized).jpeg

There are 4220 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 85.
#4151 17 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Has anyone tried this replacement ball deflector?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-8806
This one is curved compared to the original. I've only seen the straight (original design) replacements available up until this point. This may be irrelevant, but it's something that I just noticed, and I look at this crap a lot!

So that deflector will work, but you have to remove the plastic as it’s too tall. There is an Indy on location near me that has that exact deflector on it and you still get the occasional ball reject. that deflector is actually intended for the ball
Lock shot behind the drop targets...

I have found the following gives me a true 75% success rate:
- lowering the saucer
- slotting the deflector so you can move it back
- bending the deflector to the proper angle

I tried the drop foam, and though it does help a lot with shot success not for me,,, part of pinball is satisfying sounds and that kills the clunk you get when you knock it in there.

#4152 17 days ago

I also solved my issue where the ball jumps the left outlane rail.

I'd seen other people adding a rubber to the bottom of the rail but I didnt have one small enough to fit and allow the ball through.

Instead I had a couple of rubbers that you normally add to posts. They hold well and slow the ball enough so it doesn't want to bounce out.
I'll add a picture when I remember at home.

Edit : pic added

Might hunt around and see if I have a matching color paint. Would probably crack though :/

47F2CA66-482A-4ABE-88A8-B3CD0EEF0D2A (resized).jpeg

#4153 16 days ago

I'd choose black / orange / yellow rubber over white in that location, less noticeable in my opinion.

#4154 16 days ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Hey Everyone, a quick update on the bumper caps: I have the printed transparent versions I wanted to test with. The results are interesting (see attached, alongside painted versions for the comparison). The material is quite sparkly which gives a nice effect, but the quality isn't what I would consider particularly good (but once in the machine would probably be fine). It lights up quite well though (haven't been able to put in my machine yet as have been dealing with unsound and 5V issues). I'd be interested to get any thoughts. I have another idea on how to get a coloured transparent version which I'll try too.
Cheers.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I never put in a vote.
I like the darker set. These will look great with the other Indy modes being created.

#4155 16 days ago

Powder coated awesomeness by Robert Stone!

I'm dazzled!!! This is the PERFECT finish for this machine. I can't recommend Robert enough, brother does fantastic work and has an eye for color! Photography simply doesn't capture how fantastic this looks.

There is only one sucky thing... My cabinet isn't ready to receive these spectacular trim pieces.

The color is "Nocturnal Gold". I just bought a set of U channel H channel and lift trim to be finished as well... might as well do it ALL!

59CD8BF2-46C7-4BDD-B007-EE1513D2C99D (resized).jpeg86C84768-357E-4B7B-90D8-9A7A687BAB22 (resized).jpeg

#4156 16 days ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'd choose black / orange / yellow rubber over white in that location, less noticeable in my opinion.

Its just what I had on hand in my parts box

#4157 16 days ago

Is anyone really good with photoshop? I would really like an apron for IJ in the style of JJP. So not the cards but as one. See example. Or does soembody know where to obtain such thing?

apron (resized).jpgapron_complete (resized).jpgapron_wide (resized).jpg
#4158 16 days ago

Does anybody know what the heck these T-Nuts are for in the cash-box area?

indy bottom (resized).jpg
#4159 16 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Is anyone really good with photoshop? I would really like an apron for IJ in the style of JJP. So not the cards but as one. See example. Or does soembody know where to obtain such thing?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I assume because of this post ( https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/restored-and-customized-pinball-artworks-showroom-thread-by-mikonos/page/2#post-4072832 ) that he didn't end up being able to make them?

#4160 15 days ago

Anyone else think it’s strange that custom armor was never produced for this game? Laser cut out of Indy’s whip with colorized backing would be pretty sweet!

#4161 15 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I’d consider myself a photoshop “intermediate”... definitely not an expert. I’m not sure I understand what your asking for? Is your 2nd pic what you’re looking for but without the free play and super pin graphic? If not, explain a bit more please.

#4162 15 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone else think it’s strange that custom armor was never produced for this game? Laser cut out of Indy’s whip with colorized backing would be pretty sweet!

Agreed! Also, there have been many attempts at toppers for this machine ... none of them are slam dunk awesome. It’s tough because there is so much to draw from.

#4163 15 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

just a sculpt without paint...

20190128_213144 (resized).jpg

still in progress will be ready until next weekend

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-indiana-jones-apron-design

*my own patent pending for most of the games with license*

#4164 15 days ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

[quoted image]

That is looking awesome Lior!

#4165 15 days ago
Quoted from PeterG:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-magnet-mod/page/9#post-4345598
Not sure if IJ is on his list or not.

#4166 15 days ago

Tilt graphics also making AWESOME magnet aprons you can contact him. He also have license also.

Btw his new side blades who will fit perfect with the mods on the market

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/indiana-jones-glyphs-gameblades

pasted_image (resized).png

#4167 15 days ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

[quoted image]

Lior does incredible work. It’s really nice to see such unique designs with great quality.

#4168 15 days ago

anyone leaving the club in MD/PA/VA area shoot me a PM.. Thx.

#4169 15 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Does anybody know what the heck these T-Nuts are for in the cash-box area?
[quoted image]

I’d like to know too. Kind of odd

#4170 15 days ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

I’d like to know too. Kind of odd

The only thing I can think of is that it’s for bolting down a cash box for tighter security maybe ????? They have a really odd layout. Someone’s got to know.

The two closest to the coin door look like they are symmetrical.

#4171 14 days ago

Yes the second one, no freeplay etc. In the IJ Colors. The one from Lior looks also very good, but will be to detailed for me. I like the cartoon style more. And Yes I can ask the guys that do this for a living but wanted to see if we can get some forum collaboration first. Also because professionals will not be able to work with the original artwork due to copyrights.

#4172 11 days ago

Finally joined last week. It’s dirty but the playfield is in great shape I think. Have a couple broken plastics and needs a full shop. Mpu is fried too, I already ordered a new one. Cab is faded buy very solid. I’ve wanted one for quite a while so I’m happy. Backglass is there just off when I took pics.

0CB5F090-3738-4E8E-B5AB-D6FC4848A05C (resized).jpeg0D3649C4-EEB1-4B36-A144-4DEF0008F198 (resized).jpeg37AD8CBA-087B-4331-AB92-8DADACEE55B9 (resized).jpeg49440054-A78B-43DD-AD47-B6E5BCA20EA3 (resized).jpeg8076A9B0-0FA2-47E7-8941-D80473CC0129 (resized).jpeg840B0F37-3929-4707-A4D4-03FC6535BAD5 (resized).jpeg8654B861-252F-4EEC-8034-96DF849D8F9B (resized).jpeg8F0F37F3-AD0E-45C8-9A20-0038C61C936A (resized).jpeg92FBBE42-70DD-4EE0-BFAF-61B805A55E28 (resized).jpegC6690C5B-48F6-4C42-8C9B-A6E8B353EF9C (resized).jpegE1E0CA57-7D1B-4960-BD52-C19D66A51B58 (resized).jpeg

#4173 11 days ago

Not sure I want to tackle the cab decals or not. Seems like it’s a huge project. Also what is better for color display led or lcd? I want one for this game, it seems to warrant it.

#4174 11 days ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Not sure I want to tackle the cab decals or not. Seems like it’s a huge project. Also what is better for color display led or lcd? I want one for this game, it seems to warrant it.

I’m happy with the led, not a fan of the smoothing option of lcd. While your at it, you really really need to add the pinsound upgrade with the real voices and music. Really an unbelievable addition.

#4175 11 days ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Finally joined last week.

Congrats! Just got mine last Friday... I’m loving it. I went with the LED color DMD and am super happy with it. If your PF is nice I’d just get a new plastic set and leave the cab as is, yours looks really solid and honestly you don’t really notice the cab when you’re playing!

You can always do the decal thing in the future if it turns out to be a long term keeper (mine is!).

#4176 11 days ago

Looking to join the club...Have a few pins I could trade...AFM LE may get listed soon...

#4177 11 days ago

Bnhi was thinking of doing a Lexan Playfield Protector as well once it’s clean. I was looking for the two or three plastics I need and I found them on eBay used for not too much money. The slings and drop targets were recently replaced with new ones too.
Gorilla biscuits do you have your display at standard dot size or smoothed out?

#4178 11 days ago

Wait on cab decals. Mirco might be doing radcals for this eventually. Then it will be easy. Pinsound is a must do in this pin I believe. I like the lcd version of ColorDMD myself.

#4179 11 days ago

Where can I see the differences in the displays, I couldn’t get them off color dmd site. I watched the pinsound video and it’s amazing but am I seeing it right that it’s around $400

#4180 11 days ago

I generally prefer the LCD version, which is just a big LCD screen w/ emulated dots in either small or large sizes... as well as smoothing. The LED is actually mini RGB leds in a grid like a standard DMD... they are a bit smaller in size vs the LCD and more bright/vibrant. LED is same size as standard DMD and LCD sticks up a bit as it’s taller.

I tried both LCD/LED in Indy and the LED looked the best to me with the animation style and color scheme... I don’t like the LED in games with FMV, and also didn’t like it in my TOM...

Honestly your safest best is LCD, it’s the most versatile and you can’t go wrong with DOTS XL mode. Many people like the smoothing but I’m not a fan.

#4182 11 days ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Where can I see the differences in the displays, I couldn’t get them off color dmd site. I watched the pinsound video and it’s amazing but am I seeing it right that it’s around $400

Even more when you add in some nice new speakers and add an external powered sub.
Very easy to start a spending spree on indy.
Mods, pinsound, colordmd, Lior, korns planes, brass, speaker panel stuff, lost plastic, topper, there is many more.
Ive made mine a very expensive long term keeper.

#4183 11 days ago

Lior,Korns planes, lost plastic? What are these? Sorry new to Indy

#4185 11 days ago

Lost plastic is just a backboard for Indy, used to be on early ones. Can be added later.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1773-LOST

#4186 11 days ago

Has anyone on here tried this particular mod...
ebay.com link » Indiana Jones Pinball Inner Cab Backboard Decal Set Mod

Personally I think its perfectly matched to the machine. I favor enhancements that are more of a style that fits with the overall cartoon-ish look of the playfield and this one is very good in that regard. I'm Interested ... but not sure if I want that much sticker on my machine.

#4187 10 days ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Lior,Korns planes, lost plastic? What are these? Sorry new to Indy

I didnt come back to pinside last night.
Glad you poked around and found mods.

Quoted from Ricochet:

Has anyone on here tried this particular mod...
ebay.com link » Indiana Jones Pinball Inner Cab Backboard Decal Set Mod
Personally I think its perfectly matched to the machine. I favor enhancements that are more of a style that fits with the overall cartoon-ish look of the playfield and this one is very good in that regard. I'm Interested ... but not sure if I want that much sticker on my machine.

Ive seen these stickers for awhile now. I hate on that ebay listing that they only have one picture. Would love to see more detailed pics of these installed.

#4188 10 days ago

I would also recommend the led color dmd, pinsound and upgraded speakers and powered subwoofer. They just turn this game into a cinematic adventure. This is a classic Williams DMD game and deserves a dmd that goes with it, so the led colorDMD is the way to go. In my opinion, the LCD looks fakey and cartoony.

#4189 10 days ago

Love these discussions... LCD all day over here Animations look way better IMO

#4190 10 days ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Love these discussions... LCD all day over here Animations look way better IMO

Agreed, another LCD fan. The mine video mode in smoothing, its a live cartoon, best video mode in pinball!

#4191 10 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Agreed, another LCD fan. The mine video mode in smoothing, its a live cartoon, best video mode in pinball!

LED vs LCD is really hard to decide.

I think it depends on the game a lot.

I have LCD in my ToM, but my DW has LED.

I have to agree that LCD might be good on IJ due to a lot of the animations.

DW is an older title and gains a bit from the retro look of the LED in my opinion.

#4192 10 days ago

I like the LEDs, while others like the LCD. The LCD gives you more options (such as smoothing), but the dots are also simulated so they don't quite look the same. That said, no matter what you choose, it's going to make your game look amazing; Color DMD is a must-have mod to me on the Williams' IJ.

#4193 10 days ago

I'm in the LED camp, I like the updated "original" look... but its really tough to say one is "better" than the other. Either way... it's a super upgrade.

#4194 10 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ive seen these stickers for awhile now. I hate on that ebay listing that they only have one picture. Would love to see more detailed pics of these installed.

I'm half tempted to just get a set and review them... but I've been dumping money into this machine like a fool... and a 100 bucks is just a bit too much to blow on a maybe.

#4195 8 days ago

Where’s the best place for replacement plastics?

#4196 5 days ago

Just wanted to post some pics of the great work pinsider Medisinyl did for my IJ. He created the custom crafted/painted POA rails and also painted my ruins to match exactly. Really top quality craftsmanship. Check out his thread detailing his fantastic work.

IMG_1334 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_1336 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_1338 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_1339 (1) (resized).jpg
#4197 5 days ago
Quoted from gac:

Just wanted to post some pics of the great work pinsider Medisinyl did for my IJ. He created the custom crafted/painted POA rails and also painted my ruins to match exactly. Really top quality craftsmanship. Check out his thread detailing his fantastic work.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic!

Hands down the best realistic mod I've seen on IJ. Its just subtle enough not to contrast heavily with the toony styling of the game. This is one I kind of wished I got in on.

#4198 4 days ago

Looks great! Really like how subtle the treatment is, well done!

#4199 4 days ago
Quoted from gac:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Ricochet:

Looks fantastic!
Hands down the best realistic mod I've seen on IJ. Its just subtle enough not to contrast heavily with the toony styling of the game. This is one I kind of wished I got in on.

Quoted from Soulrider911:

Looks great! Really like how subtle the treatment is, well done!

I appreciate all of the positive feedback.

I do need to note that the PoA rails are currently out of production. I do have a new waiting list building in case I run them again later in the year.

The idol ruins paint service is still available, and I can be PMd for details.

#4200 3 days ago

Anyone switching from a color lcd to led and want to sell the lcd?
Can’t hurt to ask

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
$ 21.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Warrenton, VA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Austin, TX
Boards
PinSound
There are 4220 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside